• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm still pseudo-homeless. My mom got her tax-refund, and doesn't want me to bring my laptop to school, so she's going to buy me a smartphone.

Also what's wrong with using the happy thread to ask advice about a happy occasion? My mom and I are very out-dated when it comes to phone technology, and even with all the research I've been doing, I'm still overwhelmed by all the possibilities, and I'm just trying to ask smartphone users for advice.

Why can't I do that, hm?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Because the modman said so obv.

Even I have to listen to him here, it's a true story.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Smartphones, at least a decent one is 200+ dollars.
My Intercept is buggy as hell and it's 200.
Virgin mobile is 40 dollars a month tho. So, you get what you pay for Ruby.

@Anyone saying "herp derp i have a regular phone/etc" you aren't helping. I'm asking people who have experience with smartphones, and more specifically, phones with Android OS.
Also, don't take rage out on the people who are HERP DERP I JUST USE A PHONE. Common, they arent even trying to incite you Xander. In fact, why even care? You don't have to respond to every comment that isn't about your phone.

In short, get the Intercept. It's the best choice without opening up a new contract.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Also what's wrong with using the happy thread to ask advice about a happy occasion? My mom and I are very out-dated when it comes to phone technology, and even with all the research I've been doing, I'm still overwhelmed by all the possibilities, and I'm just trying to ask smartphone users for advice.

Why can't I do that, hm?
You CAN do that, just stop whining that some people aren't helping you out and decided to talk about phone use in general. That's all I meant.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Smartphones, at least a decent one is 200+ dollars.
My Intercept is buggy as hell and it's 200.
Virgin mobile is 40 dollars a month tho. So, you get what you pay for Ruby.

Also, don't take rage out on the people who are HERP DERP I JUST USE A PHONE. Common, they arent even trying to incite you Xander. In fact, why even care? You don't have to respond to every comment that isn't about your phone.

In short, get the Intercept. It's the best choice without opening up a new contract.
I'm probably going to buy a LG Optimus V from Best Buy for $162.25 (after tax) and get the $27.27/mo VM plan ($25 plan + tax lol.)

From what I've read, and from what I've personally experience, Virgin Mobile is generally superior to my existing Cricket servive. Cricket has terrible coverage in places like walmart, kmart, albertsons, schools, universities, underground areas, and anywhere east of Wilmot, whereas Sprint, which Virgin Mobile runs off just erected a bunch of new towers, and improved the service a few weeks ago.

RATED

Smash Lord
This isn't the "help Ruby with his problems" thread. Good to know you are doing well though. debating smartphones is a long shot away from being a homeless person.
I was about to ask this. I mean months ago I think he was talking about being homeless and stuff, now he's talking about smartphones lol.

idk but sometimes that whole stuff seems like a lie. I mean... WTH.

Edit:

Happy B-day Gatlin, Enjoy your 3DS. I was about to buy it when it came out but I had to use the money for college stuff and to get a new pair of shoes. Probably will buy it in June or July.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I pointed out it all seems suspicious a while back but I got told to drop it.

Like I said, take it with a pinch of salt.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Happy birthday to me
Hmmmm I want one.

Waiting for S4643DS to come out first THEN I'll get it

And Ruby, asides from the already established statement that you're borderline homeless or w/e and you're getting a smartphone, I can only recommend you an iPhone. I've used androids and I plain hate it. And it IS possible to use other carriers on the iPhone, it just requires hacking, which I can't talk about on here because I think it's illegal.

But if the person selling you the phone really IS that prejudice, then w/e

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
iPhones suck, get an Android or a Blackberry.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I was about to ask this. I mean months ago I think he was talking about being homeless and stuff, now he's talking about smartphones lol.

idk but sometimes that whole stuff seems like a lie. I mean... WTH.
1. I was homeless throughout the last week and a half of February, to the first half of the second week of March. I managed to stay off the streets, but I was couch-surfing during that period of time, staying weeks at smashers, other friends, and families places. During March after getting more of my Job Corps stuff finalized, my grandparents offered to allow me to stay until I get into Job Corps, but if the process takes too long, I'm going to be kicked back to the curb. I say Pseudo, because officially I'm not supposed to be here.

2. If you're skeptical, you're happy to ask the people who know me personally such as Nicknyte or Iron Dragon, both of which I have had the pleasure of using their homes for periods of time. Everyone else in Arizona knows what I've been going through very well and can attest to my honesty, and the legitimacy of the ordeal I've been going through.

3. I have already explained that my Mom has received her Tax Refund, and because she doesn't want me to take my Laptop to this low-income school, and for many other reasons, she wants to buy me a smartphone.

@Pluvia: I've repeatedly debunked EVERY attempt you have made at attempting to find fallacies in my posts, LOL.

@Teran: I'm getting an android. What I'm trying to find out is which ONE I should get. :|

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Ironically a lot of the stuff you said you'd be doing by this time about 2 months ago hasn't happened, but I'm sure there's some weird vague excuse as to why. I'm sure there's also a weird vague excuse that explains why your mum doesn't care to put a roof over your head but cares enough to buy you a freaking smartphone.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Happy B-day Gatlin, Enjoy your 3DS. I was about to buy it when it came out but I had to use the money for college stuff and to get a new pair of shoes. Probably will buy it in June or July.
Haha thanks. Enjoy yours when you get one, pretty sure Zelda will be coming out in July so you're in luck :p

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ironically a lot of the stuff you said you'd be doing by this time about 2 months ago hasn't happened, but I'm sure there's some weird vague excuse as to why. I'm sure there's also a weird vague excuse that explains why your mum doesn't care to put a roof over your head but cares enough to buy you a freaking smartphone.
I thought you were asked to drop this.

Everyone else just drop it too. :/

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Seriously, if you feel compelled to chastise Ruby's living situation FROM THE UNHAPPY THREAD and bring it here, take it back here, or PM him, I don't give a whut. Seriously, Ruby asked for advice for his phone. You may feel compelled to question his finances based on what he has said in other parts of this board, but don't bring it here. Ya'll skepticism is bringing this thread away from it's intended purpose. STOP. (And if any of you say I'm doing this to protect Xander, you are wrong. It just happened to be a fact we live in the same state and be friends. The southwest boards are very active onine :D)

Glad to see you got the 3DS, but I couldn't see myself buying one at the price it is now.

Virgin is hella better Xander. Use that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The last page or so and last couple of posts have driven me to this.

This is what I want to do right now.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Seriously, if you feel compelled to chastise Ruby's living situation FROM THE UNHAPPY THREAD and bring it here, take it back here, or PM him, I don't give a whut. Seriously, Ruby asked for advice for his phone. You may feel compelled to question his finances based on what he has said in other parts of this board, but don't bring it here. Ya'll skepticism is bringing this thread away from it's intended purpose. STOP. (And if any of you say I'm doing this to protect Xander, you are wrong. It just happened to be a fact we live in the same state and be friends. The southwest boards are very active onine :D)

Glad to see you got the 3DS, but I couldn't see myself buying one at the price it is now.

Virgin is hella better Xander. Use that.
Uh. you are only further pushing the issue when it was supposed to be dropped a page and a half ago. We don't need you to backseat mod, especially directly after Teran said stop.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah but he's the mod so ultimately he runs the room.

Don't let **** get any more real than it already has, I'm too tired for it. :(

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah I'm English.

I live in London. Basically I live in the only place in the UK that matters. :troll:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Sorry, too busy being rich and beautiful to read your posts.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Incest in London?

How ******** are you?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chinless wonders are products of incest, chavs are a breed of working class hooligans.

Unfortunately, London isn't actually known for an abundance of either.

I mean I'm all for stereotypes but at least use the right ones.

Like how Pluvia's half black so obviously his lack of education leads him to use the wrong stereotypes.

Right?

Lol happy times.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I visited my friends at Kutztown University yesterday and today, and had a great time! We...were under the influence (first time in 21 days...so it was a big deal), rediscovered a band we now all love called Wintersun...and the adventures continue tonight :)

awesome weekend

RATED

Smash Lord
I thought you were asked to drop this.

Everyone else just drop it too. :/
Ok, sir Mod. We have to believe that a MOM would actually care more about buying a Smartphone for his son than Doing something for the situation he's been.( I really hope she's helping you with that too Ruby)

ok, I stop it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I actually have a not-so-vague answer. Something I actually said several times in several of my previous posts. After the interview following the tour and initial interview, they set me up with a case manager and was instructed to call on a weekly basis to keep tabs with the school, and to inquire about the status of my application. I expected to be in the school by March, NOT for it to take 4 weeks to process my application, and finally set me up with an interview with the enrollment staff. I also didn't expect them to blow a minor anxiety attack from February out of proportion and ask me to go through CPSA and see a psychiatrist for something I've already been medicated, and counseled for.

As for the second part, my parents split up. My dad's landlord wouldn't allow him to house me longer than a week, and my mom moved in with her parents, who refused to house me for two reasons.

1. At the time, they didn't believe I was putting an active effort into supporting myself. This changed and this is where I'm temporarily residing.

2. After I proved that I really was trying to support myself, for a week they had been housing another family member and there just wasn't room for me. Especially since they own their own home and pay utilities. Having a 5th head just wasn't doable. During the period of time that I was homeless (after completely moving out of my previous place.), I stayed with my grandparents a few days before family flew in, my dad for 8 days, Iron Dragon for 7 days, Nicknyte for 6 days, Jetfour for one day, my dad for an additional day, and then finally back to my grandparents place when family flew out on until I get into job corps.

My CPSA appointment is Tuesday, then I set up a fourth interview with the school (second with enrollment,) get my toxscreen, get my criminal background check, THEN move into a dorm and start my courses.

So, where's your snappy comeback now?

@Rated: She couldn't do anything for me a few months ago due to her living situation, but that's changed. She did, however, do whatever she could regarding helping with information, and helping with transportation for the month or so that I couldn't live with her and her parents.

@Elvis:

Your phone is getting Android Froyo 2.2 in like a week. It's supposed to solve your stability and lag issues, so no more having to randomly reset your phone, lol. Also a big problem as to why it may be doing what it's doing is that the on-board graphics doesn't have its own GPU, plus you're probably not paying as much attention to your background applications as you should be. :p

I did eventually settle with Virgin and I may have also converted Mom to do so as well. The Target employee who was talking to me about the phone said that Virgin Mobile did not offer Phone Insurance, which ended up being wrong. I accidentally happened upon it whilst doing a search for third-party phone insurance. Whilst I'm @ Job Corps I'd really like to have some way to replace my phone in the event it gets lost, broken, or most likely, stolen if I'm not careful.

Debi spent $217 on the LG Optimus V (I missed the $120~$150 deal, unfortunately,) and I elected to go with the $25/mo plan. I've been doing a lot of work for my grandfather, so I intend on buying a 32GB SDHC card, a nice screen protector, two additional batteries, and a few apps, whilst keeping $40~$60 left over in my account for a rainy day. C:

@Mods:

Sorry, I made this post before I even bothered reading the entire page and realizing you guys said to stop. Oh well, if I get infracted, I get infracted. I still feel the need to defend myself. I have always been an exceptionally honest man, and it insults me when people question the legitimacy of my posts.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
there is a thing called PMs. Private Messages.

I say this because NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS CRAP besides you and maybe Pluvia. and I'm sure Pluvia doesn't even care, I think he just likes starting crap with people.

there is no obligation to defend yourself in public internet, because nobody cares. even if we DIDN'T outright say to STOP it, that wouldn't make it cool to keep furthering this conversation, because it is off topic and derails the thread into some petty argument revolved around you.

but we DID say to STOP it. and yeah, "I didn't bother to read the thread" isn't even a ghost of an excuse.

uh, so yeah. infraction and an extra "nobody cares about you/your internet dignity" and as an aside: "you'd think someone being homeless would call for growth as a person into one not so invested with smartphone and video game forum minutiae."- Gandhi

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah I was just being more specific for the Americans, otherwise it would just look like I was calling London inbred in general which wouldn't really make much sense.

And no PM's, I didn't read the post after I scrolled down and noticed how long it was, if I did I'd probably respond more and never stop but ever since Teran pointed out I have a habit of doing that I refrain myself from continuing most of the time now. Whatever it was I'm sure it fit everything together 100% and totally wasn't weird or vague, but don't spend your time trying to convince me because I don't really care and neither should you.

Top Bottom