• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Today was pretty good. Cleaned up the grandparents house, made the guest room (my room until I move to Job Corps) much nicer. Rooted my phone, flashed a new rom, changed and customized the GUI, and overclocked the machine. Played a bunch of smash with various different people and talked about video game nostalgia.

Tomorrow I'm going to build an overhang for my grandfathers ghost peppers, reinstall the drip system, then play more smash. Sunday I'm going to sleep late, have a nice easter breakfast, then possibly see a movie. Good ****ing weekend.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
I just finished creating a video game that I've been working on for the past year with 3 other guys :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Air's got a boyfriend Air's got a boyfrieeeeend!

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm happy to be back on Smashboards. Even if Spring Break is over. In unrelated news, I'm happy that it's almost the end of the school year.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Bought http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_46&products_id=279

Set up Amazon Cloud Drive, and set up Amazon Cloud Player on my LG Optimus. Bought an .mp3 for the 20GB plan. $0.69 for 20 gb storage until April 2012? Yes please.

Got a blue silicone case for my phone. Getting new screen protectors, and 2 replacement batteries in the near future.

Got into contact with an old friend whos interested in starting a handyman business with me in the next year.

LIFE GET.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Won best in show for a portfolio scholarship today (originally won 1st for the category of game art/design). It's nice to get a quarter of my college tuition taken care of ; w ;

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i've been in the philippines for about a week now and i've met my new directors, managers and counterparts. moving to my city in a couple days, so i'm am pretty excited about that.

they've arranged dates for me with the city mayor, the police force and the governor, shortly upon arrival. i'll be expected to present my work to them formally on multiple occasions so that's some pretty big pressure. the governor, funnily enough has been charged with corruption, but refuses to leave his office. instead, he's organised his birthday party, in which the philippines president is expected to attend, so the schmoozing operation will be quite entertaining, especially since i'll be showponied around and forced to smile and wave.

also, everyone here thinks i'm a mestizo, so i get a lot of attention from girls who want me to be their boyfriend. ummm, lol.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Band practice today (friday) and we are preparing for 5 paying shows this summer and probably many more to come!

Bamboozle Music Festival this Saturday, where I am seeing Rx Bandits (on their last tour ever...sadface) Streetlight Manifesto, River City Extension, State Radio, and Animals as Leader...and Circa Survive...even though I dislike them. Sunday I am seeing Toh Kay (lead singer of Streetlight Manifesto) in an accoustic concert in Philly.

I got a job interview at CVS...and my two good friends work their too, so I will probably get the job.

Other than all my homework due tomorrow by noon, I am ridiculously happy :)

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm happy for 2 reasons:
1. It's friday
2. I've realized recently that I'm going to **** the bejeezus out of all my little sisters friends

+1 middle schoolers

DON'T INFRACT ME IT'S A JOKE

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Got my L with 98%. Suck on that stinking knowledge test :p

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Going to hang with a female acquaintance tomorrow after about a month of planning gone wrong.

Smash Master
Alright, so I've basically never been courted before by anyone, male or female. So on Thursday a couple weeks ago, I'm on my way to an intermural basketball game, and I realize I'm tired of being forever alone. I'm at the bus stop and I see a moderately attractive looking dude. I size him up, and I feel like we're prolly in the same league. So the bus comes, and I sit down next to him. 30 seconds later I get his attention and say: "hey, you're not a bad lookin' guy. Just throwin' that out there." Keep in mind two things. 1.) I've never done anything like this before. 2.) I have no way to know if he's gay.
Anyway he turns away and I turn away, thinking to myself, 'welp, it didn't work, but at least I didn't get in trouble.' 3 minutes later, dude slips me a piece of paper with his name and phone number. Yeah, I'm pretty good at this game, apparently. I get off the bus, win my basketball game, and go home. Friday morning I spend a couple hours talking to him, making sure he's clean and all that. My roommate remarks that he's seen his profile on adam4adam . com (I've never been, but you can guess.) Saturday I go over and pay him a surprise visit. I call him up when I get there and he tells me he'll be home in a few minutes. This is where things take a turn for the worse. He gets out of his car, and in the thickest, gayest accent I've literally ever heard in my life, "hi, I'm tho glad your here." My eyes widen. He leads me into his room, and the walls are painted pink. There's pictures of skinny women all over the walls, which he drew himself. I see whiskey, cigarettes, and a bong. The bed is pink. Perhaps it is pertinent to mention again at this point... I like dudes. He turns on the radio, and Nicki Menaj begins howling at whatever. He flips on the TV using the same remote and BET starts playing BET stuff. At this point I'm completely turned off, but I didn't come all this way for nothing, and lord knows I tried. I think the kicker was when I made out with him and noticed his pink, glittery fingernails. I suggested wrestling, since nothing else was going anywhere, and once I put him in a headlock for 10 seconds before realizing that he had no way to signal his submission, I went home. I walked for 4 miles to get back home and still smelled like perfume when I got there.

This is all true, and it was a fantastic experience, in the most literal sense of the word.

teva

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I've basically never been courted before by anyone, male or female. So on Thursday a couple weeks ago, I'm on my way to an intermural basketball game, and I realize I'm tired of being forever alone. I'm at the bus stop and I see a moderately attractive looking dude. I size him up, and I feel like we're prolly in the same league. So the bus comes, and I sit down next to him. 30 seconds later I get his attention and say: "hey, you're not a bad lookin' guy. Just throwin' that out there." Keep in mind two things. 1.) I've never done anything like this before. 2.) I have no way to know if he's gay.
Anyway he turns away and I turn away, thinking to myself, 'welp, it didn't work, but at least I didn't get in trouble.' 3 minutes later, dude slips me a piece of paper with his name and phone number. Yeah, I'm pretty good at this game, apparently. I get off the bus, win my basketball game, and go home. Friday morning I spend a couple hours talking to him, making sure he's clean and all that. My roommate remarks that he's seen his profile on adam4adam . com (I've never been, but you can guess.) Saturday I go over and pay him a surprise visit. I call him up when I get there and he tells me he'll be home in a few minutes. This is where things take a turn for the worse. He gets out of his car, and in the thickest, gayest accent I've literally ever heard in my life, "hi, I'm tho glad your here." My eyes widen. He leads me into his room, and the walls are painted pink. There's pictures of skinny women all over the walls, which he drew himself. I see whiskey, cigarettes, and a bong. The bed is pink. Perhaps it is pertinent to mention again at this point... I like dudes. He turns on the radio, and Nicki Menaj begins howling at whatever. He flips on the TV using the same remote and BET starts playing BET stuff. At this point I'm completely turned off, but I didn't come all this way for nothing, and lord knows I tried. I think the kicker was when I made out with him and noticed his pink, glittery fingernails. I suggested wrestling, since nothing else was going anywhere, and once I put him in a headlock for 10 seconds before realizing that he had no way to signal his submission, I went home. I walked for 4 miles to get back home and still smelled like perfume when I got there.

This is all true, and it was a fantastic experience, in the most literal sense of the word.
So you gonna call him back or what?

=P

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh. Well in that case, even if you were being sarcastic or making a joke doesn't automatically make something funny and it's perfectly warranted for people to shun your questionable sense of humor.

"I want to have sex with some 13 year olds" is a lame joke, plain and simple. It's barely even a joke at all. It's not that people are offended by your edginess, it's just that it isn't even funny.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Had a great time with my friend yesterday, trekking all over the city. Crammed a bunch of vintage clothes stores, music stores where she knows how to play the piano accordian XD
Got colored eye contacts (green), chinatown, cool geeky pop culture browsing.
An awesome video media exhibition where you can film yourself in the slo-mo panning style of "The Matrix" movie. Topped off with foot long Subways and coffee.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Oh. Well in that case, even if you were being sarcastic or making a joke doesn't automatically make something funny and it's perfectly warranted for people to shun your questionable sense of humor.

"I want to have sex with some 13 year olds" is a lame joke, plain and simple. It's barely even a joke at all. It's not that people are offended by your edginess, it's just that it isn't even funny.
It wasn't intended to be funny, good sir, I just knew that if I didn't put that disclaimer afterwords I'd be unnecessarily infracted

Perhaps I was legitimately happy about the fact that I'm getting laid, hmm?

Top Bottom