• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Be careful, she might sentence you to death irl!

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
I finally made the call to drop out of uni.

Been having my doubts for a while; and I've recently realised that it really isn't for me. I've got in contact with a teacher from high school that I'm good friends with, going to talk about my options.

I've no idea what I intend to do after, but having made the decision I'm feeling pretty goooooood.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
It's best to leave rather than owe thousands of dollars in debt. Always pursue a route of education though. Keeps the brain fresh.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My admissions rep for the college I want to go to is amazing and is helping me out so much with scholarships.
I think I'm one of her favorites...which is DEFINITELY nice xD

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Doing laundry always reminds me of how gloriously upper middle class I am. I'm rich enough to have all these awesome *** expensive clothes that need cleaning, but I'm not so rich that I have a Latina woman named Esperanza to do my laundry for me.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
you're a ***** lol. The most expensive article of clothing I own is like $10 LOL.

Give that money to charity or something. stop buying uselessly expensive clothes. >.>

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lol Leave Ruby Alone. I think he was not being serious.

Me personally, I can't get behind some charities. The Katrina Charities investigations made me lose faith in a lot of them. So much damn Fraud.

Instead I do my best to help those I can, and donate clothing to homeless, direct funding to charities I know that are supportive and local.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Today went pretty well for me.

In PE I went up from my previous score on the bleep test AND it started raining and since my school is two buildings (lololo whoever designed my school is a ******), that basically meant we got to stay in the same period for like another hour or so

Then it all got ruined when I went to English and I didn't bring my copy of Romeo and Juliet so I got an F :urg:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
"Found" my PS2 with a copy of Most Wanted in it, mmm mm :)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Today went pretty well for me.

In PE I went up from my previous score on the bleep test AND it started raining and since my school is two buildings (lololo whoever designed my school is a ******), that basically meant we got to stay in the same period for like another hour or so

Then it all got ruined when I went to English and I didn't bring my copy of Romeo and Juliet so I got an F :urg:
You don't have to go outside if it rains at your school? Does it rain fireballs or something where you live?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
You don't have to go outside if it rains at your school? Does it rain fireballs or something where you live?
I think it is a "safety precaution". All my schools, even my high school, were the same way. Every time it would rain we would just sit in the gym and do whatever until the period ended. I guess they don't want kids running around slipping on the grass and breaking their neck.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
If he's making money, he can spend on whatever he likes.

What does it matter to you?
Jealousy says sup, plus I've never seen the point in nice clothes anyways. They're just going to get ruined within the month.

I've always been poverty, so it's always irritated me when people spend their money on vanity, excessive amounts of alcohol, and drugs. I know I shouldn't judge, but I've never understood the point of "nice" clothes, jewelry, etc. I've always been an advocate of a functional wardrobe. Even just owning a pair of dress shoes and two white button-downs kinda irks me because I'd rather my entire wardrobe be shorts, black/navy t-shirts, black/khaki/denim slacks, and 1 pair of sneakers, boots, and sandals.

@Nicknyte:

I appreciate you trying to defend me, but the concept of nice clothes has always bothered me. Maybe if I wasn't always poor I wouldn't mind it as much but when I go into clothes stores and see how freaking expensive that ish is, it just drives me insane. I can build a high-end computer with the money some people spend on clothes they're going to trash by the end of the month, or only wear once a year.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nice things generally aren't that expensive if you work for them. Luxuries and nice clothes are pretty affordable, even you have a computer and enough money to spare for Pokemon.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Nice things generally aren't that expensive if you work for them. Luxuries and nice clothes are pretty affordable, even you have a computer and enough money to spare for Pokemon.
I bought my laptop 3 years ago with saved up birthday money, and I quit Pokemon months ago. The only things I have spent my money on have been food, entry fee for smash (a total of $12 over 2 months), and things to increase the life and functionality of my Laptop since I'm not going to be able to replace it for about another 6 months, and even then, Nicknyte basically bought my new HDD. I've only had about $130 to my name through my own efforts in the past two months, since Pokemon isn't a very big market despite my collection being worth mad money.

Also; Nice clothes are pretty ****ing expensive. I could build a computer using the money people spend on that ish.

*****ing about being poor aside, my weeks been pretty enjoyable.

Monday GG7, two new Tucson players, and myself all smashed.
Tuesday I chilled with my dad for his birthday.
Wednesday I did volunteer work, then chilled with my dad and a friend.
Today I got my food stamps refilled, played hella pokemon and project melee, and spent the afternoon with my grandmother.

First week in a very long time where I haven't had a single depressed thought. Feels good, man.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
My school is basically a middle and a high school joined together. Bad part is is that there wasn't a walkway to go under to switch from school to school and the rain pours like hell (this is the first time this year where we stay during the period that has happened whereas last year that happened like almost every week) so they built one. Sucks for everybody that the school board was too cheap to make it wider and lower for people to cross, so you still get wet either way. Yesterday we had career day and the architect who built it talked to us and told us that if the school board had let him make it like that, the walk way would be 10x more effective.

Buncha pricks is what those people are.

And I reserved GoW3 and bought Pokemon Black today. Hyped as hell for the beta next month :awesome:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
and I quit Pokemon months ago.

Today I got my food stamps refilled, played hella pokemon
If by "months ago" you mean "within this past 24 hours".

You can't exactly complain about people spending their money on nice clothes when you have enough money to spare for Black or White. I mean if you have as little the amount of money that you said then I'm sure food would have more priority than brand new DS games.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

You can't exactly complain about people spending their money on nice clothes when you have enough money to spare for Black or White. I mean if you have as little the amount of money that you said then I'm sure food would have more priority than brand new DS games.
I haven't bought a DS game since 2007. I have a CycloDS.

I haven't spent any money on anything Pokemon-related since September 2010.

again, the only things I have spent my money on have been on food $12 on smash entry fee over two months, an external HDD, and a laptop cooling pad since my previous one broke. Besides smash, everything here has either been necessary for living, or something with real functionality, and will last me a lot longer than expensive clothes.

There IS one final expense that my money has gone into and that is bus fair. Up until half-way through February I had to spend money out of pocket for the bus, which adds up @ $1.25 per ride, but I got my economy ID in January, and February I got stored-value pass.

So yes, I can complain.

*Edit.*

I did buy a $3.00 5th of Vodka to share with my dad for his birthday. Otherwise I've generally only been responsible with my money, since I'm poor as ****.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord

I read this post and I was like "This boy doesn't even know" lol

Also, Pokemon is 35 bucks. That's not even a bit of expensive. I was able to get that when I was broke.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Weird discrepancies in alot of your posts ("I gave up Pokemon months ago", for example) means I take everything you say with a pinch of salt.

But anyway I don't plan on causing a kerfuffle in the happy thread so I'll leave it here.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I don't see the contradiction, and I play Phoenix Wright. Lawl.

1. Played Pokemon Months ago
2. Decided to play again today.

Remember, Ruby has had the DS Cyclo for a long time.
I can verify since everytime I see XanderIris, we smashin, or laffin.
Don't be so critical about someone's posts, especially in the Happy Thread, guise.

Look at this picture.

Laffin after Smashing (Ruby and Nicknyte)

Edit: Man, I got some derp eyes in this picture.

Top Bottom