• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
OK so i got MDK to come to LBT2 but he needs a ride anyone care to help out?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Somehow I don't feel the love for smash anymore, I think I may quit guys.
But you have easy access to money.

You do play Meta Knight, after all.

Play some Brawl+ and Melee, it'll get your hopes up again.

.Marik

is a social misfit
lol good one marik, pick up mk and see if that's true
My Yoshi can do just fine.

hes actually right (not about doc only winning because of mk). mk is so easy for no reason
:yoshi:

true. but bottom line mk doesn't put you in the money. only clutch will do that.
Meta Knight definitely improves your chances of getting the money though.

Brawl has such an overcentralized metagame around Meta Knight because he's undeniably the best character in Brawl and it's not extremely complex, making it stagnate.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Generally speaking, the most important aspects of fighting game balance come down to 2 questions.
1. How many characters are in the B - S class tiers?
2. Is the A class tier able to give the S class tier a run for its money?

So in our case, the most important question is, do Snake, Diddy and Falco still give MK a run for his money?
If so, then this game is no less balanced than any other competitive fighter, and people should stop the whining.
If not, then this game has a problem that is very real.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
But you have easy access to money.

You do play Meta Knight, after all.

Are you dumb? Marik that was the stupidest thing i've ever seen you post.

On a serious note, I am not quitting, I was just mad, I can't believe Hype didn't back me up on this one, easy money cause' I use metaknight?

So basically you're saying that if I didn't use MK, I wouldn't have access to easy money? -___-... Marik you're smart and all but wow that was just stupid.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So basically you're saying that if I didn't use MK, I wouldn't have access to easy money? -___-... Marik you're smart and all but wow that was just stupid.

You're taking what I said what of context.

I never meant the fact you only win because of maining Meta Knight, you are also a very strong and skilled player. But combine that fact, and your chances of success almost double. I'm sure they would with most top players, Meta Knight is really, really good.

Not everyone can play Meta Knight at a top level, I wasn't trying to imply that at all. But, top players will usually capitalize on Meta Knight, especially for financial gain.

Check out Tactical Brawl boards sometime, they're having a huge Meta Knight debate about whether or not he should be banned, limited, and the involvement of food to discourage planking and camping.

Doc, I never meant to insult you, I was merely going off statistical evidence of Meta Knight being overcentralized and pretty much broken in a general sense.

Your Diddy Kong is beast, I'm sure you'd still win tournaments with him if you learnt the Meta Knight matchup like ADHD.

Sorry if I offended anyone, whoooo. :yoshi:

Hype, I have a pink name for a reason.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
GOML2 that was the tourney doc said he was gonna host!!!!!!! I REMEMBERED YAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PND

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I finally got around to hosting and showcasing the custom textures I've made. The link is here and in my sig if you guys ever want to check it out, download any, or offer some suggestions for future projects. I'm willing to make player-personalized textures as well -- check out the Haze Diddy for an example.

:)

Any critique or suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I haven't gotten an answer from F1ZZ since the owner doesn't seem to decide when we can use it. So meaning I am probably not going to have a tourney soon. Can anyone else host a tourney? It's important cause we got momentum going with our scene and we shouldn't let it drop like last year. If there is no tourney to look forward to practice for, we'll regress again.

.decoy

Smash Ace
doc's been talking about something...
we could call it All Day Buffet: The Return of Joe's Wii
but yeah we should do it before exams come around in april.
early march?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
doc's been talking about something...
we could call it All Day Buffet: The Return of Joe's Wii
but yeah we should do it before exams come around in april.
early march?
loooooooooooooooool

:laugh:

Gichan

Smash Champion
That has gotta be one of the worst buffets ever. I honestly cannot get over the fact that I paid so much for that ****.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
wow

im just happy i didnt go because yall know how hungry i always am

and if i pay 25 bucks i expect to have something good to eat at least every hour

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
um are you guys all blind or something? every time i went up to that food table there was plenty of food for me to eat. personally, by the end of the day i couldnt eat any more food because of how full i was

Top Bottom