• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Went to winterfest this weekend, used metaknight

Almost beat co18+mk18 in teams, my teammate was a PEACH vs Dedede + mk

In pools, every single match was like one of my hardest matches in Canada lol, there was a diddy who got beat by everyone and he was really really good lol, took me to game 3

Almost got randomed out by a wolf, really good wolf, but I won with the kingace nado

then I fought this guy who was really good, Ally told me he was one of the best in Florida, and we were dead even til last stock where i sded at 0, then just gave up on the set out of anger

Then this olimar just tossed my salad. I had no chacne lmao. I wish i had experience against a good Olimar (because all of Canada's olimar are really bad). I got ***** really bad lol, hes a really good player. And to make my point about "every fight is like fighitng a canadian top 10 pr memeber" - this guy is just a random

So only top 2 made it out of pools so i lost in pools, 3rd place

Played m2k, could not touch him lol, I was soo nervous fighting him....everythign I normally do to not lose any mk dittos for hte whole day just wasn't working on him, was crazy

Texas went, theyre really friggin good - lee martin, razer, gnes, dphat. some next level gameplay. Wish my ride didn't have to go or I woulda stayed and played with them all

Left at 9 : ( my ride wanted to go I was gona be cheerleader for Ally in gf lol

Was a fun tourney, though ran poorly

Iliad

Smash Lord
Mikey, I love you and all, but stop ****ing meatriding the US. You know what Culex told me about SNES? "I saw some of these names, and was like wow. And then I played them and I was like... That's it?"

Obvi their scene is ahead of ours, but you make it sound like the smallest pissant mk is the equivalent to Doc, or KingAce.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Iliad relax he wasn't meatriding the US.... Their worst players really can compete with the lower half of our PR as sad as it sounds.

But whose fault is that? Do you expect our scene to get any better with our current tournament attendance count being 23 average and our only casuals being on a ****ing wednesday? WEDNESDAY!?!?

If no one plans to do anything I will do whatever I can to make our scene better cause' honestly... The only player who gives me a serious challenge is hype, 1 friggin player....

I'm finding a venue to host weekly tourneys for those who want to get better, and whoever wants to train with me on wifi give me a call or a shout, the only people who are willing to improve in this scene are hype, tinman, raidos, and iliad.. Mikey too but usually gets lazy and stops playing wifi, but still, just give doc a call people, I will make you better..

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Iliad relax he wasn't meatriding the US.... Their worst players really can compete with the lower half of our PR as sad as it sounds.

But whose fault is that? Do you expect our scene to get any better with our current tournament attendance count being 23 average and our only casuals being on a ****ing wednesday? WEDNESDAY!?!?

If no one plans to do anything I will do whatever I can to make our scene better cause' honestly... The only player who gives me a serious challenge is hype, 1 friggin player....

I'm finding a venue to host weekly tourneys for those who want to get better, and whoever wants to train with me on wifi give me a call or a shout, the only people who are willing to improve in this scene are hype, tinman, raidos, and iliad.. Mikey too but usually gets lazy and stops playing wifi, but still, just give doc a call people, I will make you better..
you talk out of your *** so much dang lol

and that sucks mike,top2 make it through is pretty rough though....what was m2k doing in dittos that was so ****ed up?

Last edited:

.decoy

Smash Ace
Then this olimar just tossed my salad. I had no chacne lmao. I wish i had experience against a good Olimar (because all of Canada's olimar are really bad).
cold. tinman is thinking of a question for you.

what else do you have to do on a wednesday night?
...homework?

more power to you, do what you can to improve it.

but firstly, theres no action like direct action (look it up, and if there are any anarchists here i salute you). this scene has been the way it is for a long time, and i'm pretty sure that no one plans to do something. the only real answer is direct action. that would be to do it yourself instead of talking about it. indirect action has gone on long enough as i'm sure you know. i'm not saying its your responsibility to fix everything, but if youre going to complain about it and propose solutions, IMO you shouldn't waste any time before acting on them.

secondly, theres no real reason to call out our entire scene.
as if joe and lom don't play online, and everyone else never plays offline.
just because people aren't playing with you doesn't really mean they aren't playing, working, getting better.

youre skills man no doubt. none at all. im sure anyone who objects would be laughed out of this thread.number one in our region and im willing to be pretty **** good anywhere else.

but just because people aren't as good as you doesn't mean they aren't trying to get better.

and that sucks mike,top2 make it through is pretty gay though....what was m2k doing in dittos that was so ****ed up?
what a sneak, looking for those m2k trix.
trix are for kids joe.
the only way is to go to pound4 and play him for yourself.
and by that i mean steal your own passport and run..

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
what a sneak, looking for those m2k trix.
trix are for kids joe.
the only way is to go to pound4 and play him for yourself.
and by that i mean steal your own passport and run..
ya got me LOL **** branbrans got too much intelligence.....The story of Joes parents: the grinch that stole his passport

no worries though, Apex 2 in the summer, GET THE **** AT THAT BOYS!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
an unranked mk player, that usually doesnt make it out of pools beat Ace at SNES. So im not sure what youre talking about illiad. Although, i dont think ace was on top of his game then. And Doc never travels so you never know....

And wifi? lol. Best way to get better is casuals with the top players, like at MDKs, or my house. That definitely worked best for sauga, and people that came.

And NOOOO mikey going mk is the reason why you didnt beast through the tourney.

and LOL @ culex's pic + tinmans pic +1 to illiad

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Then this olimar just tossed my salad. I had no chacne lmao. I wish i had experience against a good Olimar (because all of Canada's olimar are really bad). I got ***** really bad lol, hes a really good player. And to make my point about "every fight is like fighitng a canadian top 10 pr memeber" - this guy is just a random
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259215

>.<

.Marik

is a social misfit
Tin Man, you're more along the lines of great, especially since Meta Knight should be beasting (and by beasting, I mean be really gay to and gimp) Olimar.

At least Canada birthed Holy and Ally. Also, where is MDK? I went to his casual once, back in the summer of August 2008, when I was an utter and complete scrub at Brawl.

I wonder how I'd fare against his Sheik now.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeah, he was decent. MDK was a big, central part of the Mississauga smash scene though, always hosting casuals and stuff.

His parents got divorced, he moved, and then stopped holding casuals and participating in our scene.

I haven't heard from him in a while.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
MDK was mad good,he was just a really smart player,great understanding of what he needed to do to win(even when he quit brawl he still was able to give me valuable tips at anime north)

and jules you lie man,stop getting so defensive,this is why noone calls you out on **** cause you take it to uneccessary levels of drama, think back on all the times id ask you for mk ditto practice and what you would say to me?and its absolutely ridiculous to say only a handful of players want to get better,thats down right insulting,everyone in this scene has stuck around for a reason,the level of dedication needed to actually go to tourneys for a videogame for a long period of time clearly shows a willingness to improve...stop claiming things about people you dont know jack about....dont take this as a personal attack either,i dont wanna see no response along the lines of "**** you" im just being real with you like a friend should

moving on: whos going to Pound4?attendance for brawl looks bad from what phils told me,id go just for the melee hype alone lol,seeing that stuff would ****..isai is coming man...

.Marik

is a social misfit
I sure wish he'd start hosting casuals at his house again.

But you know, everyone has their problems to sort out and life to live.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
he told me at AN he quit cause brawl was bad and it was making him pick up bad habits for the fighting games he actually took seriously...i dont really know mdk though so maybe there was more to it

.Marik

is a social misfit
he told me at AN he quit cause brawl was bad and it was making him pick up bad habits for the fighting games he actually took seriously...i dont really know mdk though so maybe there was more to it
That does sound like a legitimate reason.

But I think the main cause for him quitting the Smash scene is because his parents divorced and his entire routine was modified.

Which is exactly the reason he stopped holding casuals.

But I'm pretty sure a bunch of different things accumulated, one after the other.

Gichan

Smash Champion
At first it was the divorce, but then it was the fact that he didn't like brawl, end of story,

And Marik, I saw in one of your posts you saying MDK was decent, are you kidding me? he was a consistent top three player in our scene when he played and this was off practice once to twice a week alone, nothing else. He also single handedly made our scene a lot better. He's a legend in GTA smash.

And Nate, when do you go back to sask? Is it possible for you to attend my tourney?

swordgard

Smash Hero

QFT, either way its not only about wifi. Wifi gives you training. But you can always start doing research to become better too. USA is simply that much better tbh, and I know you might not want to hear this, but SNES had disappointingly low competition say compared to any other national. So yeah, GTA step it up, silverdocs followed the right path, just follow his foot steps!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
How would you know US is "simply that much better"? Our top players dont even travel, so you never know. And an unranked player got 17th/141 at a national. You never know...

And disappointingly low competition? lol, you just dont know what youre talking about.

swordgard

Smash Hero
How would you know US is "simply that much better"? Our top players dont even travel, so you never know. And an unranked player got 17th/141 at a national. You never know...

And disappointingly low competition? lol, you just dont know what youre talking about.
Actually, you can take a look at the competition just by clicking on the tourney results thread. Cool eh? Your 2nd best player also took 25th/141, which is not exactly fantastic. It was missing a lot of good players. 48 man bracket,
top players were:
1st adhd
2nd ally
3rd M2K
4th lain
5: Atomsk
5: Anther
7: Pikapika
7: Reflex
9: Shadow
9: Ksizzle
9: Fatal
9: Judge
13: Snakeee
13: NinjaLink
13: Meep
13: Drkpch
17: JesiahTEG
17: Culex
17: Shugo
17: Sago
17: Hunger
17: Chaosmarth
17: Inui
17: Blackanese

Last I recall, texas was not there, nor was west coast, nor was most of MD/VA, nor was Florida. For the hype it had, the amount of competition that was there was very disappointing especially since everyone refers to it as a "national" when a lot of region were missing from there. You got 1 17th place, 2 25th place in one of the lower-end of the national tourneys. For someone who want to be perceived as one of the best regions, you have a whole lot to prove to USA, because that is frankly pretty bad. Maybe I just have high standards, but you guys are not following the metagame of USA in general. You can still change all of this and start some intensive training. I may sound harsh, but only if you chose to take this post as so. This is a warning, nothing more nothing less. The best way to get better is to admit that you still have a lot to work on, even the best of the best still have a lot to work on.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
MDK was mad good,he was just a really smart player,great understanding of what he needed to do to win(even when he quit brawl he still was able to give me valuable tips at anime north)

and jules you lie man,stop getting so defensive,this is why noone calls you out on **** cause you take it to uneccessary levels of drama, think back on all the times id ask you for mk ditto practice and what you would say to me?and its absolutely ridiculous to say only a handful of players want to get better,thats down right insulting,everyone in this scene has stuck around for a reason,the level of dedication needed to actually go to tourneys for a videogame for a long period of time clearly shows a willingness to improve...stop claiming things about people you dont know jack about....dont take this as a personal attack either,i dont wanna see no response along the lines of "**** you" im just being real with you like a friend should

moving on: whos going to Pound4?attendance for brawl looks bad from what phils told me,id go just for the melee hype alone lol,seeing that stuff would ****..isai is coming man...
Idiot...

If people want to get REALLY good, going to tourneys with no casuals or nothing to be prompt for a tournament will keep you at admittingly low levels of game play with hardly any noticeable progression (for it's a slower process that way), if you want to be pro you need casuals, tourney experiance, wifi, and another thing people need to start doing is searching the boards for strategies / matchup experience that can help you understand your character better..

Simple as that don't tell me otherwise, the handful I listed are the only ones who do those things, I don't care if it sounds insulting I want my scene to get better and said what needs to be done and I'll be there for my scene, like the legend they call MDK..

swordgard

Smash Hero
Idiot...

If people want to get REALLY good, going to tourneys with no casuals or nothing to be prompt for a tournament will keep you at admittingly low levels of game play with hardly any noticeable progression (for it's a slower process that way), if you want to be pro you need casuals, tourney experiance, wifi, and another thing people need to start doing is searching the boards for strategies / matchup experience that can help you understand your character better..

Simple as that don't tell me otherwise, the handful I listed are the only ones who do those things, I don't care if it sounds insulting I want my scene to get better and said what needs to be done and I'll be there for my scene, like the legend they call MDK..
Why are you not on msn : (.

But hey, funny, I have been saying this for a long time, I'm happy that more people in the GTA scene realize this(and you did not even go to USA). Just step it up, doc's done it, its far from being impossible.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Thanks Swordgard!

I like how you were surprised to see how many posts you had in here, as if you don't jump on any chance you get to be a douchebag...

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im just going to let my game speak for me for now on, your egos make me nervous,whats even worse is you guys probably sincerely believe you dont have ones either

(btw everyone go to Apex 2 in the summer =D)

nickcam

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna lie as I speak for myself and for most of sauga, but we pretty much stopped playing brawl even at "brawl" casuals. I personally realize coasting is not gonna work anymore. Doc u'll be getting more of a challenge, soon sauga is rededicating itself to brawl (Mostly cause Mikey wants to play now lol)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Thanks Swordgard!

I like how you were surprised to see how many posts you had in here, as if you don't jump on any chance you get to be a douchebag...
Ahah, really, I just don't invoke white lies when people talk about the skills of other player. If you call that being a douchebag, then I would rather be a douchebag who knows what he has to work on and wins than just johnning about everything. TBH, I was surprised that I give GTA this much attention considering your not the priority on my list.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I guess it comes down to a matter of opinion, as you're obviously never going to see yourself as a douche. Unfortunately for you though, pretty much everyone in here does.

Surprised you give us that much attention? The fact of the matter is you care more than the majority of people in this thread and your ego never lets you back down from a potential argument. If you were surprised about that then you truly don't know yourself.

If we're not important on your priority list then get your priorities straight and get the **** out of here already!

Top Bottom