• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh ****, yo nate (minus) can tell you alllll about those old games, mofo has played like all of them! lol.

Man, those old games are ****ing hard as ****! Super Mario Bros lost levels is giving me such a headahce.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
OMG, that is the fix. Thos mafawckers are too **** good.

Man, Starcraft, those were some good ol' days. I don't see myself playing Starcraft two though, I'm just too old for those games now. Like, each match can vary from 7mins-2hrs. Too much.
:laugh:

Too old!? Will you go into cardiac arrest if the matches are too long lol? :bee:

I really don't see myself quitting video games...ever. Though when it comes to being too old for games then there are some cases of being too old for a certain game. Like I wouldn't be caught playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure, even if it was the greatest game ever made. :laugh:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo homeboy, it's cause of the responsibilities that just add up, and don't seem to end. I wouldn't be able to play that game everyday and attempt to be good at it. I might just be able to play it though, but I get addicted to some games, like right now I'm addicted to Advance Wars Days of Ruin. if I am addicted to that, just imagine Starcraft 2, lololol.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yo homeboy, it's cause of the responsibilities that just add up, and don't seem to end. I wouldn't be able to play that game everyday and attempt to be good at it. I might just be able to play it though, but I get addicted to some games, like right now I'm addicted to Advance Wars Days of Ruin. if I am addicted to that, just imagine Starcraft 2, lololol.
Lmao, yeah I know...just figured I'd have a bit of fun with what you said. :laugh:

Be glad you don't play WoW, that game destroys lives lol.

nickcam

Smash Ace
The xbox full body control thing looks like its gonna have alot of problems lol. You probably have to reconfigure it everytime someone else decides to use it. Eyetoy sucks and always will suck. Mario galaxy 2 better have wario in it somewhere, maybe waluigi but thats pushing it. I hope the new red steel is as jokes as the first one. Multiplayer on that was too good. Does anybody remeber spiderman the animated series game on SNES. No saves had to beat that game in one try or start over from the beginning

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Oh ****, yo nate (minus) can tell you alllll about those old games, mofo has played like all of them! lol.

Man, those old games are ****ing hard as ****! Super Mario Bros lost levels is giving me such a headahce.
Jeez, Lost Levels was a *****, beat it eventually at a young age but still...
I got my own small collection of old difficult games, after beating Mario Galaxy I think I played some Castlevania 3 just to remind me that skill is still needed to beat games.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
iv lost all faith in games and game developers, mostly all my favourite games end up beingported to a much ****ier system becuz the developers sold out. frotn mission is now on the360 , star ocean 4 is now on the 360, the creator for crono trigger made some game called blue dragon for the 360, not to mention final fantasy, devil may cry and armored core. r on the 360 too

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Anyone else going to pick up Knights in the nightmare?

It came out today iirc, one reviewer describe it as the most deep game he's ever played. I can't wait to grab it with the doubles money from tomorrow =D

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Its on the ds.

Just like every other srpg, they're just cranking them out for the ds.
They're all I ****ing have for this thing, They just seem to love the ds for these games, and I'm much obliged.

Percon

Smash Lord
Is that zelda image legit? Or fanart?
Legit

iv lost all faith in games and game developers, mostly all my favourite games end up beingported to a much ****ier system becuz the developers sold out. frotn mission is now on the360 , star ocean 4 is now on the 360, the creator for crono trigger made some game called blue dragon for the 360, not to mention final fantasy, devil may cry and armored core. r on the 360 too
Get a 360...?

Cyan_

Smash Lord
So...anyone else think Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 is one of the best games ever made besides Mikey?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
3 guesses at my favorite final fantasy..... =P

& wtf, theres still hard games nowadays. Even punch out was pretty hard tbh. Just not ridiculously hard, like battletoads, or maximum carnage ahahah

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
So...anyone else think Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 is one of the best games ever made besides Mikey?
That's my favorite game of all time and I replay it once every year without fail.

I once also sat in a game store for like half an hour staring at a Ramza figurine wondering if should just buy it instead of a new game. In the end I bought the game, but I will be returning for those figurines shortly....

Yeah...

Pho

Smash Journeyman
That's my favorite game of all time and I replay it once every year without fail.

I once also sat in a game store for like half an hour staring at a Ramza figurine wondering if should just buy it instead of a new game. In the end I bought the game, but I will be returning for those figurines shortly....

Yeah...
I have it for both PS1 and PSP. Back when I didn't have a guide or the internet, I had to go step by step in order to get the four items in the deep dungeon... Good times were had.

Although, I hated Tactics Advanced on GBA. It just didn't have as much detail as the original Tactics. Tactics Advanced 2 was better, but it just didn't have the same feel I once had with the original Tactics.

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Tactics Advanced was pretty disappointing. When I heard it was coming out I thought my dream of the perfect combination between FFT and Tactics Ogre (FFT's customization with TO's cooler classes) would come true but well... :(

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice

& wtf, theres still hard games nowadays. Even punch out was pretty hard tbh. Just not ridiculously hard, like battletoads, or maximum carnage ahahah
I really want to play the new punch out, but I bought SF4 instead.

FFT was amazing, by far the best story in a final fantasy (from the ones I played at least), to bad FFTA was disappointing.

I gotta play the Megaman Zero games again, cause those were good.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

Yeah...
I'm replaying the game right now, I just completed 3rd chapter. Now, to get Beowulf and OPlandu

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Any have a 360 and live? I wouldn't mind playing some games other than smash with some people. I play a lot of Call of Duty and Street Fighter 4, but I can play anything since I work at a video game store...

Mikey7

Smash Lord

FF8 is also my favorite one : ) ...about 12 playthroughs lol FFT VERY close 2nd with like 7 playthroughs

Percon

Smash Lord
The game I've played through the most is either Majora's Mask, Banjo-Kazooie or Paper Mario. Probably one of the last two.

I've also played through Symphonia about 5 times, which isn't that much but it's a longer game than the ones I listed up there.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I won't state my hate for FF8 here, but I have many reasons. Although the gameplay in that game was too good, drawing elements from enemies was fun, plus that addictive card game, lolol.

Game I've played the most.....hard, probably Starcraft story mode casue my bro deleted my data on the 64 like a million times! Other than that, Ocarina of Time.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Drawing spells was the single thing that made 8 bad. Linking spells to stats was a really cool idea, but drawing was boring and tedious (it's a shame that one couldn't exist without the other).

Most playthroughs? Super Metroid no question. FF6, Symphonia (*sheds tear for the death of Symphonia at the hands of its god-awful sequel*), and other Metroid games aren't too far behind.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Games I played through the most that I can think of right now:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Final Fantasy VII
- Diablo
- GoldenEye 64
- Mega Man X3
- Chrono Trigger

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I just finished through Megaman X, and I plan on playing through all of them again. Go Megaman X collection!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Is Megaman really that **** good? I really gotta try it, and yes you just read that someone hasn't played a Megaman game, lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOOL, okay okay, I'll play a megaman once I hack one onto my wii. Which one should be my first megaman game?

Top Bottom