• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Guys, trust me :). I have 100% completion in every Metroid game on the hardest difficulties (where applicable)...nothing comes close to Emperor Ing. That boss is just ********, you just have to unload as many missiles as you can and you can only pray that they hit. I'm still convinced that every time I've beat Emperor Ing was a fluke; every time I go back and fight it again I still lose 5-10 times before actually beating it. No other boss in any game ever has done that to me.

Boost Guardian was a pain too though. I never found Spider Guardian that hard. Probably because the first thing I do in every Metroid game is figure out the timing of bomb jumping...mmmmm sequence breaking. But man that fight is fun :)

Gichan said:
I also found the boss in corruption where you have to shoot his antennas to be quite tough, but that boss battle was also amazing, I love how Nintendo didn't make it easy and you really had to hit it manually amongst all of it's movement and ****.
That's another boss I'll never forget. Fight him on Hyper difficulty...you'll probably never want to fight a boss again.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just comparing it to last year's, but I thought theirs was pretty good, as were the other two companies.

There was a lot on the floor that they didn't show during the conference, BTW.
Like Tatsunoko vs Capcom coming to America, and there's online. :chuckle:

Percon

Smash Lord
4 new characters slated so come our way, too... and probably Capcom characters. Let's hope for Phoenix Wright!

EDIT: Wow, Avarice, that's **** impressive. Emperor ing was hard, too, especially the third form, even after I hoarded the powerups in its second form.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Nintendo's press conference was a joke Pho when compared to the other two. That "Natal" thing is going to deeessstrrooyy Nintendo, motion sensory was like the only thing the Wii had compared to the other two systems. God **** Microsoft(ies) and their richness.

And ****, everytime I check this **** thread a new big *** announcement, TvC with online! daayuummmm

Yo, is there like a site where I can see everything annoucned so that way I don't **** my pants individually everytime I check here, and it can be done at once?

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
I totally creamed myself when I heard about Golden Sun DS, everything else was meh (except for maybe the Metroid game).

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Nintendo had the worst conference of the big 3, I mostly blame that ***** they had on stage talking like she knows anything about gaming.

Nintendo did show some nice games like, Golden Sun DS, Zelda, Metroid and Mario. I'm sad they mentioned nothing of a new Donkey Kong game or even a new Wave Race.

Percon

Smash Lord
For the conference itself, yeah, Nintendo has the worst. Still had tons of great games shown.

Nintendo's press conference was a joke Pho when compared to the other two. That "Natal" thing is going to deeessstrrooyy Nintendo, motion sensory was like the only thing the Wii had compared to the other two systems. God **** Microsoft(ies) and their richness.

And ****, everytime I check this **** thread a new big *** announcement, TvC with online! daayuummmm

Yo, is there like a site where I can see everything annoucned so that way I don't **** my pants individually everytime I check here, and it can be done at once?
I don't think Natal will destroy Nintendo at all. There's basing a system around an idea, and there's adding a focus-shifting peripheral years into a console's lifespan. Natal looks awesome and all, but there's no way they're dethroning Nintendo in terms of sales.

Wii has a huge userbase and (almost) all the games use the Wiimote. The casual crowd, who already have Wiis, are not going to drop another 400$+ just to play with Milo. Microsoft's devs will not try to cater to the casual crowd, as although it is an untapped market for them, Nintendo already tapped the hell out of it.

I also doubt many hardcore games will be released for use with Natal. Halo certainly won't. When you're forced to use it, like in Nintendo's case, it gets used, for better or for worse.

I don't think the PS3 or 360's motion controls. Certainly not the PS3's. For Microsoft, Natal does have a little potential, and will be undoubtedly cool, but I don't think will be as successful or ever truly embrace the motion notion.

Nintendo had the worst conference of the big 3, I mostly blame that ***** they had on stage talking like she knows anything about gaming.

Nintendo did show some nice games like, Golden Sun DS, Zelda, Metroid and Mario. I'm sad they mentioned nothing of a new Donkey Kong game or even a new Wave Race.
I don't think we'll see a new DK game that isn't some random experiment for a while. Remember, Rare is gone. Wave Race would be cool.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yeah I know Rare is gone, so we won't have anything with a Donkey Kong Country feel, but even still Nintendo should should be able to do something good with Donkey Kong since they are very good at 1st party titles.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Actually I think the idea of a 2.5D Donkey Kong Country would work nicely on the DS, I could see that sometime in the future maybe, but it won't have the same feel as the Rare games.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
DKC - best game ever : D New Zelda?

SOMEONE FILL ME IN!!!!!!!! (I missed the conference) : ( ugh I feel so left behind now lolz

Percon

Smash Lord
Zelda confirmed, Wii motion plus will probably be mandatory.

No trailer or screens, though apparently some art was shown at a closed-doors conference; Link is supposed to look older/more mature than he ever has.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Oh sounds interesting, motion plus seems like a small price to pay for more awesome Link action : p

Now to scour youtube for vids : P thx for the info

Pho

Smash Journeyman
Oh sounds interesting, motion plus seems like a small price to pay for more awesome Link action : p

Now to scour youtube for vids : P thx for the info
I don't mean to talk down to Nintendo yet again, but shouldn't a system that first used motion controls first should ALREADY have a 1:1 motion?

I'm just pissed that Nintendo took the route they did.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Dimmy's post made me die, that **** was hilarious. I didn't know Duy's was invitation only? And there's VIP to? LOLOL, Dimmy owns.

Okay, back to Nintendo, the Wii has made me veerry pissed at them, it has been hard to be a fanboy when I get arguments thrown at me left, right, and center and the worst part is, I see it for myself and agree with what they say. Pho brings up a good point about the fact that 1:1 ratio should have been there a million years ago. Way to fail.

A new zelda??!! DAAYYUMMMM

Max, I wasn't thinking about sales when I mentioned natal, I was thinking about the quality. Nintendo has fed next to **** for hardcore gamers, and a lot of garbage (or it may be considered good to them, who knows) to casual gamers. Natal will pwn when used with hardcore games as Microsoft won't fail so hard with that technology. The Wii makes siomple uses with the wiimote, sometimes near boring. Only some games made it awesome like Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Zack and Wiki, Metroid Corruption, and Super Mario Galaxy (it displayed that the wiimote + nunchuk cna in fact be used simply as a controller for hardcore games), oh yeah and No More Heroes.

Although I do agree that it will take some time to cater to the casual audience, and that it shouldn't have been released with a system nearing five years. They should have simply waited till the next system as Microsoft is going to be forced to update their technology soon enough, from overheating parts to HD DVD failure, and lack of 1080i ( or p, don't know).

pastaboy

Smash Champion
-_- nintendo is a joke, wow no new games, just sequels and remakes. LAME!!!! lol metroid in 3rd person, who cares, its proboly just liek prime, BUT OMG ITS THIRD PERSON, HOW ORIGINAL And another zelda huh, considering how long it took to release TP and how crap it was, this one will definitly be just as bad. golden sun on the other hand is ****ing awsome. /sonyfanboy

Percon

Smash Lord
No, I thought their show was good.

Though there's no right or wrong in gaming. You either like something or you don't and there's no real way to justify what you like. Sure, people toss around "____ is stupid" and "gaming should be about _____, not _____", but in the end it all boils down to opinion.

Everyone should just play what they like and not give a **** about what anyone else says.

Also, sharing one's opinion is fine, but I see people go too far often and trash a game way more than would be deemed normal while in the presence of the game's fans. I'm not referencing anyone in this thread, but I question the purpose of such speak. That's when I think people go beyond voicing their opinions and go into the realm of forcing it onto others. There are many games out there I don't like, but I hardly ever mention that I do. Why? Should someone who likes the game overhear my statements, I may make them doubt enjoying their own game. Ignorance is bliss, so my mantra goes, and I'd never dream of making someone else hate what they enjoy.

Which reminds me... I've noticed a few people be so critical when it comes to games that they limit themselves to a very small pool of them. In my mind, there are two types of games: those who subject themselves to the developer's intended experiences, and those who want developers to cater to their gaming ideals. The latter are undoubtedly the ones who become over-critical, playing Counterstrike and Chrono Trigger waiting for a game to come along that they deem worthy of playing. I'm not saying that's wrong, but it really limits one's gaming experience.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough.

tl;dr : play what you like, let other people play what they like.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm guessing you've gone through what I hear to, A LOT, lolol.

I'm not going to change my opinion on the wii because of others, my opinions are what matters. When I play a game on the Wii I look at many aspects; how the controller works, graphics (I look at how nice it is on the Wii, not comparing to other systems), gameplay, level designs, characters, etc. I find some games on the Wii at least try to give new or different experiences and genres as oppose to FPS FPS and more FPS.

But overall, something I find with the Wii is that every game they release is missing something important, or lacking quality. I'm not being picky, Michelle sees it to, and so do others. Like right now, an example is Animal Crossing City Folk (btw, if ANYONE plays this, let me get one of your fruits!). the game looks and feels exactly like Wild World, added a grass path system that fails and they do not want to fix it, such little script so villagers say the same ****, and just overall did not improve on nearly as much as they should from previous games.

Nintendo does this a lot. Microsoft and Sony will send patches to fix games. Yes, you pay for Microsoft, but Sony you don't! And they do it for free. So why the **** can't Nintendo do the same?

Btw, Chrono Trigger and Counterstrike? God danm niagara nate! LOLOLOL

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
If the big 3 wanna go this route to get the casual gamers then so be it, all I care about is getting some actual challenging games. I really don't know the last time a game has challenged me, too many games these days are easy mode.

Percon

Smash Lord
If the big 3 wanna go this route to get the casual gamers then so be it, all I care about is getting some actual challenging games. I really don't know the last time a game has challenged me, too many games these days are easy mode.
Read "The Hallow Men" by TS. Elliot and cross your fingers

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
I'm very tempted to start my Nintendo rant but I'll resist since Gichan has heard enough about it (I ruined his fanboy dreams LOL).

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, I don't watch sports, but it seems it is always Lakers for basketball and Detroit for hockey, wtf.

Hello Jarred, wanna hold hands and walk in the rain together?

Gichan

Smash Champion
****! I shall not lose my $5 to a SONY FANBOY! Sony sucks, they should stick to making tvs, and gtfo of the gaming industry!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah I agree with the overall difficulty of games these days, nin...oh well, the "easy" ones are all so fun : )

I guess the "hard" aspects of each game come in to play from multiplayer

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree with the overall difficulty of games these days, nin...oh well, the "easy" ones are all so fun : )

I guess the "hard" aspects of each game come in to play from multiplayer
True.

I usually look for a challenge in multiplayer games these days more than anything. Then again if I ever really need a challenge in multiplayer I can always go and get destroyed by a Korean person in Starcraft lol.

Gichan

Smash Champion
True.

I usually look for a challenge in multiplayer games these days more than anything. Then again if I ever really need a challenge in multiplayer I can always go and get destroyed by a Korean person in Starcraft lol.
OMG, that is the fix. Thos mafawckers are too **** good.

Man, Starcraft, those were some good ol' days. I don't see myself playing Starcraft two though, I'm just too old for those games now. Like, each match can vary from 7mins-2hrs. Too much.

Hype

Smash Lord
I will ONLY play multiplayer in any game. I need the aspect of having to out smart someone who is constantly adapting or I get bored really fast.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Screw adapting, trying to beat Ninja Gaiden (NES) is difficult enough for me to quit Brawl so that I can devote my full attention to 6-2.

Top Bottom