• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Bing

Smash Master
No character in Brawl below top tier is viable.

I'm just flat out saying this.

And Bing, I misspoke. I meant top-tier. I've said it before I'll say it again. I would rather fight Metaknight with an invincible Mach Tornado than deal with some of the abuse Falco, Olimar, and the like can do.

And way too defensive traub. If you can't deal with people who hold different opinions from you then GTFO my internet.

Brawl has many, many flaws in it, many of which ruin the game significantly. Deal with it. I could go through them but there's no real point.

Easy their sunshine... just go take 5...

Bing

Smash Master
No character in Brawl below top tier is viable.

I'm just flat out saying this.

And Bing, I misspoke. I meant top-tier. I've said it before I'll say it again. I would rather fight Metaknight with an invincible Mach Tornado than deal with some of the abuse Falco, Olimar, and the like can do.

And way too defensive traub. If you can't deal with people who hold different opinions from you then GTFO my internet. <-- This was sort of ... angry? Lack of a better term lolol

Brawl has many, many flaws in it, many of which ruin the game significantly. Deal with it. I could go through them but there's no real point.
This aggravates me.
shhhh Im at work and not giving my full attention XD

I had to edit this like 5 times because I kept missing ****. Oh God.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
now that mk is back to being legal,i can focus my efforts towards labbing my characters

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
V

Unity ruleset means nothing without people to enforce it.

Tin is not the only TO in our region.

kthxbai

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
BRING BACK PICTOCHAT i SWEAR TO GOD

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
V

Unity ruleset means nothing without people to enforce it.

Tin is not the only TO in our region.

kthxbai
Well nobody was forced to use the URS before/after the URC disbanded, and we still had non-Unity TO's before the URC disbanded.

URC disbanding is not going to matter to us one bit. Saying things like "mk is back to being legal" doesn't make sense; MK is just as legal as he always was. People always had the choice to use/not use the URS, and that choice hasn't changed one bit. And unless the anti-ban TOs start stepping it up and hosting more MK-legal tournies, our region's going to stay exactly the same because (like before) Tin hosts the most tournies, and he's pro-ban.

Edit: The only things that this disbanding will affect are (perhaps) the tiny tournies that A&C hosts on their own (they don't usually get more than 20 people) and perhaps new TOs (Warchamp's first tourney was URS, but that's probably because it was established as a 'standard')
And honestly the tiny A&C tournies might not even change, the URS is still on the home page of this site and they may never find out about the URS disbanding XD

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
hey brahs, enough of this stupid URC bull****, ive come with gifts of the past

i was bored as i always am in egypt and decided why not check out some posts from the old days?
i did not regret it. i screencapped the best posts and decided to share with you guys the golden era of GTA smash. back when tinny could not stop asking questions and making bad posts. back when sauga was around. back when NIAGARA was around. back when doc and ace dominated the scene. back before i was in egypt and less deezed than i am now. back before whitby came along. back when hamilton sucked
If you were not a part of the old days, then i am sorry on your behalf that you missed out on it and are forced to deal with the far inferior present smash. and if you were a part of the old days, pepper your angus for the nostalgia and lulz

first, lets start with some motivational posters iliad made back in the day

Tin is the best olimar (and ROB) in ontario

The What Is Clutch Legacy

Jons best post throughout his smash history

Jons second best post throughout his smash history

Tin Man makes U&C

Tin Man Vs. Culex: The greatest MM that never happened

The Interview Thread

The Adventures Of Tin Man Bowling

Doc rages, Ally is not so humble

Tin Man On Ice

And of course the legendary trilogy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhatIsClutch#p/a

i laugh every time i watch these matches. nothing touches them to this day

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
God damn, good post dude, I enjoyed it a lot.
Ally going in.
Tin being an obnoxious little ****er.
Fool's interview.
The 'What is Clutch' Trilogy (Tin looks funny without the 'fro)
Gold, pure gold.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Ah. The good old days, back when our Brawl community had rivalry and I was the only Yoshi player in Canada besides Elefterios.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
that was godlike. Im glad i remember every topic in that haha

edit: on the matter of the URC thing. Even though it was optional it didnt make sense to use a different ruleset because unity was the standard for tourneys(in our case especially since Tin was a member in it),could only recieve stickies,only was the one to count towards the swf rankings, and would reflect the metagame accordingly etcetc. Now that nothing is in place all tournaments, whether mk-legal or banned we'll just have to wait it out, but judging from most bigger scale tourneys everything is leaning towards mk legal in singles and double mk being banned in doubles. If were serious about getting the scene to the point where we can compete in Majors then itd make more sense to have a Mk legal still around but its alll good. Bottom line is were free to do as we please w.o losing out on anything which is the positive thing to take from all of this!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh maaaaan. The days before I joined the scene and really badly wanted to go to tournaments. Hell even the revival feels like so ****ing long ago, back at TFNS. Smashfests at Gi's, caring about this game... all that.

Damn I miss that.

-Googs

Smash Lord
10/10 will read again. Cruxis you're the man that .gif is GODLIKE.

Tin man I really admire what you've done with the scene.

hahahahahahahaha

edit: I wish LBT2 wasn't whitby's first tournament |:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Damn, that s*** brings back memories. interesting to see how far I've come from those days rofl. I did want to look at my old posts at one point, and well, here they are lol :joyful:.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I looked at my old posts talking about how Ganondorf was totally a viable character. And my posts from the days of the Stage Rage Crew.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I have a request for the TOs that host the next tournament that I attend.
If, for example, I end up using both the regular ZSS and the pink, could you make the results thread look like this?

3. V115 ($58.5) -
/

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Deep down every dude in the scene knows he would.

:phone:

Top Bottom