• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, with 1.5 damage ratio? Yeah that even removes Dedede's infinites.

We could even look into balance regarding how much HP each character has.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sean and I balanced the stamina mode. Yay sync.in shenanigans!
Proceed at your own risk. The values are actually serious though (except for the first Sheik/Zelda one).

Metaknight - 80 HP dont you love how we went totally off topic? and when did i get here?Yup :D You flew <- no words... to describe hatred BEEEEHOOOLD MYYYY POWWWEEEERRRRRR!

Diddy Kong - 120 HP *unintelligible squeaking noise* <- LMOMOMOMOMOMOMOAO
Snake - 210 HP <- OM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Falco - 120 HP <- PERRRRRSONALY I PREFER YOUR MUM!!!!

Marth - 150 HP <- random japanese *tiara* :3
Wario - 240 HP <- BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ice Climbers - 50 HP <- 12 hp per character my math is flawless Teach me how you math so well
Olimar - 110 HP <- ... derpDr. Pepper
Pikachu - 90 HP <- RAT

Lucario - 150 HP <- WATCH THE POWER OF AURA, HUAAAOOAOOAOOAOAO! *misses* <- lMMAOAOAOAOOAOOOOOO
Dedede - 260 HP <- HRUMP! PMMMMMMMPH!
Zero Suit Samus - 110 HP <- Be still... Be Still... Be Still.... *uair uair uair uair uair*
Game and Watch - 100 HP <- Beep! Beep!
Toon Link - 130 HP < HUAAOIHOIHOIAUOIAUDhosiuhUIFOIOIAHJHSIF! pantpantpant

Fox - 150 HP - CMON... WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Wolf - 150 HP<- CANT LET YOU BREW THAT STARBUCKS!
Peach - 120 HP <- Hi~ Hi~ Hi~ Hi~ Hi~ This is fun~

Donkey Kong - 240 HP <- REY! REY RHAGGY! RHONKEY RANT A ROOBY RACK!
Kirby - 100 HP <- HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI HI Hi Hi HI Kyu~
ROB - 180 HP<- bzzt boop boop (why am I here someone kill me)
Pit - 150 HP<- *insert horrible VA* HAIYAIYAIYAIYAIYAIYAAAAAA!
Sonic - 150 HP <- YOU'RE TOO YOU'RE TOO YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE YOU'RE TOO SLOYOU'RE TOO SLOW! (gotta go fast)

Ike - 200 HP <- YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME! I fight for my friends.. (is a mercenary and has no friends)
Zelda/Sheik - 4726879560 HP godlike (160 actually) =_= fine w/e :p We also actually can't give her 4726879560 HP it's called... bugsI be here ihow dareOh of course. This also looks like a good place to build a oh shielda...someone has to be i demand she okhas sharr sharr wai u so likedis?house.you? see what i did thur?n your typing :p..yo...dawg...homeslice...skilletbisquit (gender confusion)
Luigi - 160 HP <- *TRIP*
Ness - 150 HP <- whats a safe grab release animation?
Yoshi - 210 HP <- what's a jump OoS?
Pokemon Trainer - 160 HP <- kamigame fushigizho lizardon With japanese voices :D

Lucas - 150 HP <- ALL COWER BEFORE THE BEST ZAIR IN THE GAME!
Mario - 150 HP <- MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE THE GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL (yay for mp 2) (also sounds like MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXICO)
Bowser - 300 HP <- dino dino dino noises dino dino dino noises (at one point spoke english!?) Also totally a Pokemon. Bowser. BOWSER. BOOOOOWSSEEEER. lmaooooooooooooooo
Samus - 250 HP <- bloop... bloop... bloop... bloop :3
Captain Falcon - 170 HP <- FALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH

Link - 210 HP <- where does he store all his ****?big pocleI mean look at those ba:I tryo you just explained everythingggy pantsarlyckets
Purin - 80 HP <- should be purin b^-^d Done :D
Zelda - 4 (she sucks) and also why is she here lol good question trololololololol And I'm well aware we can't give her 4 with the power of hacks... yes we can! lol
Ganondorf - 290 HP <- Shiny... sword... must not... dirty in combat...

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
itd prob take time to figure out the kinks of everything, but itd be cool to try and eventually we'd probably figure it all out....if not then itd just be a silly side event thats funny, like the wheel of salt :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well we basically thought along the lines of what HPs a fighter would assign, where fast, agile characters or characters with incredible camp games have low HP and someone like Ganon or Bowser have high HP.

So...

1.5x damage ratio, stamina mode, those HPs as a baseline? I'ma edit a table into this post sans the amazing nonsense in that post above.

:metaknight: 80HP|||||
:diddy: 120HP|:snake: 210HP|:falco: 120HP
:marth: 150 HP|:wario: 240 HP|:popo: 50HP|:olimar: 110 HP|:pikachu2: 90HP
:lucario: 150HP|:dedede: 260 HP|:zerosuitsamus: 110 HP|:gw: 100HP|:toonlink: 130HP
:fox: 150 HP|:wolf: 150HP|:peach: 120HP
:dk2: 240HP|:kirby2: 100HP|:rob: 180HP|:pit: 150HP|:sonic: 150HP
:ike: 200HP|:sheilda: 160HP|:luigi2: 160HP|:ness2: 150HP|:yoshi2: 210HP|:pt: 160HP
:lucas: 150HP|:mario2: 150HP|:bowser2: 300HP|:samus2: 250HP|:falcon: 170HP
:link2: 210HP|:jigglypuff: 80HP|:ganondorf: 290HP

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im supremely confused why you want to limit characters with effective camp games but gave snake 210hp,rob 180 and olimar 110..jigglypuff at 80 also confuses me..maybe im just not following, i havent played with those settings yet

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, part of it is weight-based as well. thematics y'know? I mean we should try to balance only to a certain extent, trying to balance perfectly is just silly and foolish.

It definitely needs work.

Which is why it should be played with.

And just ftr, it's important to limit camp games because... timer can't be set and you're going to have someone like Tin refusing to approach the whole match. laser/pikmin from afar will do less in the long run to characters who struggle against it, and then when those characters finally get in their attacks matter more.

And Ice Climbers should imo be lower still than 50. 1 grab doesn't just equal stock, it equals the game.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Well we basically thought along the lines of what HPs a fighter would assign, where fast, agile characters or characters with incredible camp games have low HP and someone like Ganon or Bowser have high HP.

So...

1.5x damage ratio, stamina mode, those HPs as a baseline? I'ma edit a table into this post sans the amazing nonsense in that post above.

:metaknight: 80HP|||||
:diddy: 120HP|:snake: 210HP|:falco: 120HP
:marth: 150 HP|:wario: 240 HP|:popo: 50HP|:olimar: 110 HP|:pikachu2: 90HP
:lucario: 150HP|:dedede: 260 HP|:zerosuitsamus: 110 HP|:gw: 100HP|:toonlink: 130HP
:fox: 150 HP|:wolf: 150HP|:peach: 120HP
:dk2: 240HP|:kirby2: 100HP|:rob: 180HP|:pit: 150HP|:sonic: 150HP
:ike: 200HP|:sheilda: 160HP|:luigi2: 160HP|:ness2: 150HP|:yoshi2: 210HP|:pt: 160HP
:lucas: 150HP|:mario2: 150HP|:bowser2: 300HP|:samus2: 250HP|:falcon: 170HP
:link2: 210HP|:jigglypuff: 80HP|:ganondorf: 290HP

as soon as we need a list, the side event just isn't fun anymore.

fuck it.

if we are going to do it then make it simple; no chaingrabs or infinites allowed, everyone at 300 HP, and no ledgehogging.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Cruxis, you are aware I could probably make a code to auto-set the stamina so we don't even have to think about it right?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
honestly i just wanted a reason to post the gif

but in all seriousness the issue is just overcomplicating things with certain characters having certain stamina

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Eh not really.

Do you really want an Olimar against Ganondorf having the same Stamina chucking pikmin and never approaching? There's no timer and you know full well Tin and several other just won't approach.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Damien we were rushing the HP and you know it. :p It ended up becoming a lol discussion more then actually trying to create Viable HPs. I do agree on creating specific HPs for characters.. mainly on Combo ability then anything. XD Of course the fatties need more hp.. they have nothing going for them.. outside maybe snake who's disjoints are wtf worthy. :p

Patches

Smash Master
So guys... I think I'm gonna start playing a new character in singles instead of :gw:, and use him for doubles.

I'm still gonna practice :gw:, cause I'm most likely gonna use him still for bigger tournaments, although I would like to have my other character ready for IMPULSE

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dedede loses to Olimar harder than Pikachu does o.o
Pikachu does fine against Marth and Wario but if they're just MUs you don't like then Dedede works pretty well, but if you want to cover Oli...ICs? Marth?

Patches

Smash Master
I may use Marth for him... It was just I was trying Pikachu out yesterday whenever my brawl disc decided to work for a little while, and when I was playing against Olimar, I just didnt really like it.

I dunno, its definitely something I can figure out.

Top Bottom