• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Definitely not. Pikmin blow up bombs when they are attached to him (can't throw them). The match-up isn't horrible for TL, but it's a pretty big uphill battle.

KillLock

Smash Lord
probably just lack of mu knowledge

good stuff to joe

and tin i saw you meatriding dat dabuz on stream

!!

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
From what I recall the TL vs Oli MU was at 70-30 Oli Favor (or 65-35) before the new format... mainly due to Olimar completely stopping TLs camp game as stated above he can't throw bombs and pikmin also get hit by the rang and arrows, so it forces him to go agressive. Since TL lacks range despite having a sword Olimar does out range TL in the air and on the ground. It would be intresting to see how this match was played... as maybe the TL did something to make up for the lack of camping.

i1337 I dont think we saved our matches from the tourney... so can't help you there... :/

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
oli-toonlink is probably 60-40, maybe 55-45. They camp each other quite evenly and all damage will even out when going for kills because each character lacks good options to kill each-other

KillLock

Smash Lord
just go to genesis or come to wc

i'll be travelling more but not sure if i'd travel to ec if I could just go to the states... lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
What rivalry?

As of so far I have yet to see any insanely high placings by WC besides firefly once, could be wrong but thats all ive seen myself.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alberta has not really traveled to the states ever, except one time where Superboom went to washington, got like 5th or 7th, but ***** Jem hardcore in the process. That was a really long time ago (closing in on 2 years now I think).

The rivalry is that we haven't played, we're all Canadian, and there always has been lots of beef.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Alberta has not really traveled to the states ever, except one time where Superboom went to washington, got like 5th or 7th, but ***** Jem hardcore in the process. That was a really long time ago (closing in on 2 years now I think).

The rivalry is that we haven't played, we're all Canadian, and there always has been lots of beef.
If you don't travel, you cant really have beef with other people.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Maybe you missed the fact that you guys started the beef?

GTA probably started the beef.

Mtl low level players may care not sure but they don't post either way, I know mtl top ones really don't, so no beef there. I dunnow for NS, I don't think they'd start beef.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

Jem.

Smash Master
That must suck knowing that a regions best win is vs me in my worst matchup when I hadn't slept in 24 hours. Kind of says something. Our regions best performance is 3rd at MLG, just sayin.

If you haven't heard, since then I've done pretty good and I actually win tournaments vs good players. I still got more $$ than him that tourney cause, oh ya, I got 2nd in doubles only being outplaced by Mew2King and DEHF.

I <3 BC smash but dang. Alberta giving me that bad vibe yo. :)

KillLock

Smash Lord
That must suck knowing that a regions best win is vs me in my worst matchup when I hadn't slept in 24 hours. Kind of says something. Our regions best performance is 3rd at MLG, just sayin.

If you haven't heard, since then I've done pretty good and I actually win tournaments vs good players. I still got more $$ than him that tourney cause, oh ya, I got 2nd in doubles only being outplaced by Mew2King and DEHF.

no worries bro i always have sleep johns(i never get any sleep before tourneys fuuukk)

but on that note, didn't you get 3 stocked on brinstar mk vs snake +ragequit? even with 24 hours of no sleep how does that HAPPEN? LOL.

also how is mk vs snake your worst mu? LOLOLOL wut kind of decent mk does bad vs snake??

no beef tho just saiyan and good **** @ getting better

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Lol at the huge name search, and supreme salt post.

HUGE ego much? Get off your own **** bro.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
*dead*

I was so confused when I remembered it isn't even possible to namesearch names less than 4 characters long. He must've namesearched Washington or something.

And you're right Jem, it does say something about AB. It's kind of hard for a region to rack up decent wins when they never travel...

:005:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lol at the huge name search, and supreme salt post.

HUGE ego much? Get off your own **** bro.
This, wtf at this namesearch. Jem going out of his way to john about a match and insulting alberta is like O.o. Plus I don't understand the whole "our regions best performance". It's pointless, its not like you should somehow be proud of it, you did not place that well, somebody else did, no reason for your mind to associate with that like it makes you any better.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Yo I'm saying next time us Canadians get a big enough group to go down to the states again we should all pitch in for a nice hotel near the venue. It has to at least have a hot tub n **** and we should all get drunk n stoned as **** every night!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not getting stoned Mprime, but I'll get drunk. Hate the smell, that's all.

And yeah, we definitely should.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
the idea of getting drunk with 20 other mans isnt that exciting to me... tourneys are a big enough sausage fest alreadyyy

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
dang that salt lol wont even touch that wa vs wc topic haha

as for ec vs wc, i just think its alot of region misrepresentation/stuff taken out of context etc(i admit in like 2009 to be part of that lol dat immaturity)..if we play cool if we dont oh well, dreaming up matches is pointless

woulda been nice if alphi lived here to teach me the GW mu vs vinnie though haha :p

yeah next national im gonna be in a hotel or a big house like eazys no matter what, its just too cramped and difficult when your cramping ppl in tiny appartments

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
@Jem

That must suck knowing that a regions best win is vs me
Seems like a legitimate win since you were 1st in your region at the time. Derp?

my worst matchup
Johns.

I hadn't slept in 24 hours
Some more johns!

Kind of says something.
Yeah, kind of says something losing to an awful player like me!

Our regions best performance is 3rd at MLG, just sayin.
And? I don't see the point in posting this. Are you indirectly saying I got 3rd at MLG? :troll:

If you haven't heard, since then I've done pretty good and I actually win tournaments vs good players.
Good for you Jem! Going to provide evidence?(not that I care anyways)

I still got more $$ than him that tourney cause, oh ya, I got 2nd in doubles only being outplaced by Mew2King and DEHF.
Doesn't matter how you placed. You still lost to me. And for doubles, I would have placed much higher in teams if I had my teams partner come to the tournament.

I don't really like when people talk about for me for Brawl/Melee "trashtalk". I don't take these games very seriously compared to 64.

And Jem, you need to wipe off your salt tears and stop being such an egotistical baby. I'm sure no one cares about how you do at tournaments.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

LOLOLO

This **** is killing me man. Some guy posts in any way incorrectly and he gets fllaaammeeed. Just having a lot of fun reading it.

Jem.

Smash Master
I was linked the post from someone else, no name search. I just find it silly. TP5 was about a year and a half ago now. It means nothing. And do you really want my recent results? Just look at my medal-case on AiB.

Good stuff though Alberta! You're the best!!! You beat me :D. I don't have an ego, I just don't like when a regions accomplishment is beating me in my worst moment 1.5 years ago.

Don't me wrong, you played 1 million times better than me in our set. And I did feel bad about not finishing the match or shaking your hand, but being so tired just got me frustrated and I just wanted to go home and sleep. Anyone whose beaten me knows I pretty much never john, and I won't even say I'm the best player in my region if I'm ranked 1 because I don't believe that. I think I'm good but I have lots of work to do. So when I do john its pretty serious. Would I have won if I was rested? Who knows, but it wouldn't have been that embarrassing. Anyone from my region can tell you I used to have the worst mental block vs Snake. I've gotten better though in the last year since MLG I've gotten to play a lot of good snakes in friendlies and tournament. Jussssss sayin.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
That's fine then. I got the wrong impression, my apologies. It was just a bit offsetting when I got linked to your blogs on aib.

EDIT: Hey Jem, want to team whenever I go to wa next? LOOOOOL

Top Bottom