• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Some people don't know how to read.
No, not that, the fact that almost everyone there was at up and comer level, PR level matchups really didn't have effect on most of the brawlers there, so much hidden talent you would think that most of these guys would show up to tournaments...

It wasn't a walk in the park Niko, I actually almost lost to an unknown brawler so... Yes it should count to the FULL potential of PR standards/

swordgard

Smash Hero
Doesn't anyone have a problem with the fact that fan expo was played on lcd tvs, therefore had lag which can be between 2 to 15 frames(if you come here saying you didn't see the lag, there most probably was). Just so you know, this is enough to affect the outcome of some matches, not targeting anyone, just saying it can change the metagame and the results. If you discredit wifi, then you should discredit this in a similar fashion by using the same logic.

Illiad, although your point is good, you have to realize that tourney attendance DOES take precedence over the money involved. PGL was supposed to have up to 800$ for first place, but the attendance was very bad in terms of skill level. Getting 1st of 60 bad players does not count as much as getting first at a tourney with all PR members, even if it has only 30 players and the pot is much smaller.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Sword you didn`t go to fan expo. Unless someone from the GTA who did was explaining that, I have to wonder why the hell you`d assume it was on LCD tvs when dimmy was the guy running it from the start and knows better

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sword you didn`t go to fan expo. Unless someone from the GTA who did was explaining that, I have to wonder why the hell you`d assume it was on LCD tvs when dimmy was the guy running it from the start and knows better
It was, i asked kingace and hype. I dont assume.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Also for the record, a pot as sweet as Fan Expo draws top drawer talent Sword. Any tourney with a guaranteed prize or hefty prize pool will. The majority of smashers don't just smash for fun, and not just for the spirit of competition. The best play brawl or play melee to win money or prizes worth a fair bit of money.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Also for the record, a pot as sweet as Fan Expo draws top drawer talent Sword. Any tourney with a guaranteed prize or hefty prize pool will. The majority of smashers don't just smash for fun, and not just for the spirit of competition. The best play brawl or play melee to win money or prizes worth a fair bit of money.
There is a corellation between the two, but isnt a direct relationship, there was much thougher competition at other tourneys.

Either way, the lcd screens is still a problem imo.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Culex for PR. ****ER REPPED ONTARIO HARD AT SNES

Mother****er jocked on Pierce and Meep without even realizing they're supposed to be tops in the states.

*Edit* He was 2 stocking Meep's climbers with cap ****ing falcon. That alone is PR material.
i didnt know friendlies mattered :laugh:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Doesn't anyone have a problem with the fact that fan expo was played on lcd tvs, therefore had lag which can be between 2 to 15 frames(if you come here saying you didn't see the lag, there most probably was). Just so you know, this is enough to affect the outcome of some matches, not targeting anyone, just saying it can change the metagame and the results. If you discredit wifi, then you should discredit this in a similar fashion by using the same logic.
no lcd johns

2-15 frames is soooooooooo soft

play a red connection on wifi, then that **** makes a difference

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
That's right, TVs are crap.

No more LCD TVs cause they cause lag. And lag is bad...

swordgard

Smash Hero
no lcd johns

2-15 frames is soooooooooo soft

play a red connection on wifi, then that **** makes a difference
Maybe for you, but some characters are better with lag and some are worst. Also not all players play wifi, which can be a factor as to who wins vs who and why. 2 to 15 frames is enough to mess up some players, which is not the way the game is usually played so it could still apply as a valid reason.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Maybe for you, but some characters are better with lag and some are worst. Also not all players play wifi, which can be a factor as to who wins vs who and why. 2 to 15 frames is enough to mess up some players, which is not the way the game is usually played so it could still apply as a valid reason.
I've actually been agreeing with most of your points (*SHOCK* :)), but the bolded part is like saying "not all IC's mains go into training mode and practice their CG's so you should cut them some slack when they mess up"... what I mean is while not everyone plays WiFi, everyone can play WiFi, and they have no one to blame for themselves if they don't use the practice that is available to them to handle certain situations.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I've actually been agreeing with most of your points (*SHOCK* :)), but the bolded part is like saying "not all IC's mains go into training mode and practice their CG's so you should cut them some slack when they mess up"... what I mean is while not everyone plays WiFi, everyone can play WiFi, and they have no one to blame for themselves if they don't use the practice that is available to them to handle certain situations.
Yeah thats true, but then again, those arent the commonly accepted "tourney settings".

By that definition, if i were to host a tourney with top 3 chars banned on the tier list, and you because you used to play those 3 chars, i could say "everyone can train with someone below them", and it would be only their fault if they lost.

The point is, maybe this should count towards the PR, but it definitly skews the metagame. No matter what you do, some characters will always be better in lag and some will be worst. Also, still enjoy all of your posts doc lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Yo ceX, how's your wifi training going?
Well Cheeseonastick used to 2-3 stock me every game, I'm really close to even with him now (he's still better though), so I'm seeing very real results...

Then again I went on AiB ladder and went like 0-6 lol...maybe I'm bad under pressure.

Also - WTB Ontario Tournaments - PST...10MMO's

speaking of MMO's... I'm trying out champions online and my character is amazing...

You know you're jealous :)

(I originally named him Commander Falcon but it got reported :()

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
This is Minus, I dont have internet at my place out here yet, but the discussion and update will go down then. For the record, the lcd lag at fan expo wasn't horrible, but it was bad.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Minus can't play WiFi, he has no wii, and not everyone has an internet connection compatible with their wii, some people dont have a wireless router or the lan cable, so no not everyone has that Wifi option available to them.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm calling Club La Salle tomorrow about running another tournament there. I'm aiming for late mid/late october...Good idea/Bad idea?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I miss that show...and only for that specific segment of it.

Good Idea: Playing the accordion at a polka festival. Bad Idea: Playing the accordion anywhere else.

Really looking forward to another OiN Niko :)... I've realized that I've vastly over-estimated how busy I will be this semester and this will actually be my least busy semester yet... plus I have Mondays off, so I have time to recover/get caught up after the weekends anyway.

Also this thread needs more envy of my Champions Online Captain Falcon... I got Falcon Punch last night. Not even kidding - Falcon Punch - it charges for 2 seconds, does a truckload of damage, and sends the target flying about 60 feet... game is so fun XD.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'm sorry everyone that this has been on hiatus, I guess I really should have pushed to get the update done, as now I'm pretty busy out here atm, but don't fret. I will get things back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom