• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The `Greatest Thread in the Universe` Meta-Thread

Noobicidal

Smash Master

Nyoro~n

I'm not about to look through over four thousand pictures in twenty subfolders to find the proper version

As for Ano Hana, I'm watching it religiously using the best subgroup since Eclipse.

Zero

Smash Hero
Sorry, even the Azumanga writer said he ****ing hated the Azumanga anime, and I don't blame him. Uninstall yourselves.

Don't worry Thiocyanide, we all know you're blind to quality anime and quality thoughts.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Looool this is what happens when you say bad things about popular animes.

I know, Ive been flamed often enough for saying Oreimo is terrible.

Ohwell, +respect voor Andrew
Loveyaman <3

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Im not saying they arent good

Though they are, like, the most standard gig I ever heard

Im just saying they are mad overrated

0 feelings in their songs, just "playing" stuff. I hate that kinda ****, compares to t-pain but with a different sound. No feelings in there.
Music that expresses things, thats good music. Music is a language. I dont want to spend 5 minutes listening to someone ramble about ****, I want to hear something that I can relate with, or something that interests me. Feelings, language. The CLARiS girls arent artists, but yeah, they make music.

I guess theyre okay at what they do tho

Zero

Smash Hero
You've got a pretty closed minded view of what music you'll listen to. What happened to feel good music? That's exactly what CLARiS do, and they're pretty damn good at it. Saying they're not artists because they don't speak to your metaphysical self is just rude. Their music is fun to listen to and it's better than 99% of stuff out there because of that.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You've got a pretty closed minded view of what music you'll listen to. What happened to feel good music? That's exactly what CLARiS do, and they're pretty damn good at it. Saying they're not artists because they don't speak to your metaphysical self is just rude. Their music is fun to listen to and it's better than 99% of stuff out there because of that.
Sure feel good music is fine, but even then music needs to be interesting. If you just do the same as everyone else, who cares.

Ive heard that **** at least 1000 of times pretty much everywhere and I cant say that theyre doing it lots better than [randomjapanesegirlsband#183].

Feel good music is no problem as long as its something new/creative, imo.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Azumabga is the best and you're ******** if you think otherwise. From what I've seem that's probably the case.

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
They *are* overrated but I'll still listen to them.

If you need creative music to 'feel good', that's you and nobody else. Feel good is a poorly defined 'genre', if you can even call it a genre.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sorry, even the Azumanga writer said he ****ing hated the Azumanga anime, and I don't blame him. Uninstall yourselves.

Don't worry Thiocyanide, we all know you're blind to quality anime and quality thoughts.
Mmmm, for somebody who only mentions loli cutesy **** I'm surprised you can even use the word quality in a sentence.

JC Staff anime is garbage, btw, that's no different for Oreimo.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You seem to me like the anime version of the 13 year old "mature" gamer.
There are quality animes containing lolis and cutesy ****, but that is a very small percentage of the total amount.

I go for quality. Like, for example, I just finished Cross Game. That is well-written slice of life / sports / romance, which I haven't seen in a long time.

You're just a stereotypical "weeaboo." You are the reason the word exists.

If you knew much at all about my taste in anime I don't think you'd have that opinion, but you have no taste at all, so I doubt you'd like most of what I like anyways.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, maybe I should put an addendum onto that:

When JC Staff is doing more than animation (i.e. more than just adapting manga source material), the anime can be decent.

Toradora and Yumekui are just more of their usual brand of tsunloli bull****, don't bother putting them in any list of quality ever.

EDIT: Oh right, you like Rozen Maiden. Explains everything.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
OK, maybe I should put an addendum onto that:

When JC Staff is doing more than animation (i.e. more than just adapting manga source material), the anime can be decent.
Teehee, you submitted.

Toradora and Yumekui are just more of their usual brand of tsunloli bull****, don't bother putting them in any list of quality ever.
Implying the greatest love story ever told and "Vagina Bones" the series aren't worthy of mention.

EDIT: Oh right, you adore Rozen Maiden. Explains everything.
I assume this is a positive thing reflecting my wide and varied tastes, because if you have to resort to ad hominem, whatever semblance of an argument you had is gone.

I bid ye adieu. I have places to go to.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yumekui Merry... Tsunloli?

Have you even read/watched this series? Tsunloli is usually obvious. At this point they mostly all have the same seiyuu now.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yumekui Merry... Tsunloli?

Have you even read/watched this series? Tsunloli is usually obvious. At this point they mostly all have the same seiyuu now.

Why would I bother watching it past episode three? It literally oozes Shakugan no Shana.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
There are quality animes containing lolis and cutesy ****, but that is a very small percentage of the total amount.

I go for quality. Like, for example, I just finished Cross Game. That is well-written slice of life / sports / romance, which I haven't seen in a long time.

You're just a stereotypical "weeaboo." You are the reason the word exists.

If you knew much at all about my taste in anime I don't think you'd have that opinion, but you have no taste at all, so I doubt you'd like most of what I like anyways.
Cross Game was amazing.

Whenever I come here I feel like I can tolerate too much anime.
I like about half of whatever anybody's talking about, :(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
no
no
no
no
no
Prove me wrong, then. What makes either of those stories deviate from the typical tsundere crap JC pumps out?

EDIT: I can name a few tropes that do carry over:

- Poorly written tsundere where the main heroine is essentially a five year old in terms of behavior (Seriously how is anybody attracted to this)
- A much more attractive/mature childhood friend / later-introduced-character who also has feelings for the MC but despite the infinite number of ways she is better-suited to that person she loses out to the childlike one
- A protagonist who is amazingly dense in many ways
- Supporting characters who rarely do anything to advance the plot in any meaningful direction, or develop the main characters in any interesting way (LOL JC STAFF DEVELOPING CHARACTERS I know funny joke)

Chuee

Smash Hero

- Poorly written tsundere where the main heroine is essentially a five year old in terms of behavior (Seriously how is anybody attracted to this)
- A much more attractive/mature childhood friend / later-introduced-character who also has feelings for the MC but despite the infinite number of ways she is better-suited to that person she loses out to the childlike one
- Supporting characters who rarely do anything to advance the plot in any meaningful direction, or develop the main characters in any interesting way (LOL JC STAFF DEVELOPING CHARACTERS I know funny joke)
You're wrong.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Prove me wrong, then. What makes either of those stories deviate from the typical tsundere crap JC pumps out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Everyone ignore the post I quoted, it will save you IQ points.

Top Bottom