• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Melee Tourney Since Brawl Came Out: Results

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
sorry, but you kids dont have **** on my avatar

Hiemie made my avatar. its a Hiemietar

and his name on SWF is BLACK

Gerbil

Smash Champion
sorry, but you kids dont have **** on my avatar

Hiemie made my avatar. its a Hiemietar

and his name on SWF is BLACK
Now I know what you mean. Disregard my post in the PR thread lolz.

My avi is still wayyyyy more awesome though.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
FullMetal's Shoutouts!
I'm finally going to crack down and do my shout-outs:

GA:

Chaddd- Don't sweat the small stuff dude, you're still a beast- lets get you back in shape! ^_^

Cornell- Gawd****it I hate playing you in brackets. =P Much love tho, bro

TBag- Glad you made it out, man! Was wayy to much fun

Soft- SD less plox <3 lol, just kidding- keep beasting man

Chelsey- You hack

Kelli- See? Melee > Brawl

Sleepy K- Moar Marth dittoes and FFAs are in short order (also make-out sessions)

Carter- Man, you're still on top of your ****. I'm gonna have to step my game up even more!

112- Fun games man- we're unbeatable in smashfest team friendlies lol

Dogy- YEAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOYYYYYY

Marty- You pick the homie, and I'll disrespect 'em :laugh:

Renegade Marth- My God, this man's an animal. Now if only I could get my hairline fixed... >.<

Soma- Glad you decided to come back out for a melee tournament!

Gerbil- We hardly got to play! D=

Alpha- LOL owning Prac is just WHAT I DO

Prac- Grab a ledge, dude. Seriously. <3

Ares- Team jigs side tourney at Tipped Off 3 when I host it? =D

DP- We gotta play again sometime, man! I wanna see continued improvement!

Nice1- Come back again, I'm passin out the hot dickings all day ;) lol, just kidding man- good ****

Mike G- Don't see enough of you, dude!

GAwes-

We miss youuuuuu

XIF- Good **** beating Chu in pools, mang!

Nicaboy- Fun games, I'm always willing if you wanna rematch!

Flamin Roy- LOL its always on the last stock (points to marth vs. fox friendlies)

PB+J- Whens the ambassador getting here?

Darvel- Didn't get to play you, but always good seeing ya! ^_^

MarsFool- You know I live like 10 minutes from Desu

Desu- you suck for not coming. =P

Smooth Criminal- GG's man- although I can't say MMing GA's sheik slayer when you claim the title of "GA's Worst Sheik" to be a good idea! lol

Florida

Green Mario- You DID indeed win the night with that statment, even though I only heard about it second-hand! lol

Boomstick- Good games man, keep it up on those spacies!

Drumma Boy- ***** I'mma **** you all night <3

RAM- Fun games man, don't worry about the sheik match, I 4 stocked JMan's sheik in one friendly! lol

Rice- Everyone went crazy at your tech-back air. Too bad I've seen it all before on your combo vid~ lol. Miss you already, d00d.

Hungrybox- Good **** on 5th, man!

Lambchops- Looking forward to playing you again, man. ^_^

Mid-south

Reflex- YOU FORFEIT FOR IHOP!? Can't say I blame you~ lol

IHSB- I'm greatly depressed that IHSB with a mustache didn't show up! Close games as always, bro!

Iori- "***** I'M MAKING IT OUT! ... ****it, fox." Don't you worry, I'm coming for you again next tourney ;)

Chad- I didn't get a chance to play you- sorry I never got around to MMing you- owe you one for next time?

Ambix- Fun friendlies! My tech-chase upsmash kill was too good, tho. lol. We should play again next time!

George: See you at the next Waba-games tournament?

Poet- Same? =D

JMOAN- Fun friendlies, man! ^_^

KO Kingpin- We always have these random philosophical conversations... I think largely due to the fact that your Yoshi's a beast~

Moogle- I didn't even see you there, dude! WTF! How did I miss a chance to play you again! T_T

NES N00b- Good games as always, man. We should definitely get friendlies at the next one.

Nite- I own you, you kinda have to admit it. <3

Tom- You SUCK for not making it to this! We all missed youuuuuuuu

Other OOSers:

Everlasting Yayuhzz- **** clubbin. Plus, we're like the same person. <3 Much love, bro!

RC- Wish you coulda made it to this! D=

Caveman- You're all I expected you to be. Good games man, I'm gonna step my game up!

Wobbles- You are wayyy too cool to be an IC player. And YET YOU ARE. lol, good stuff in both pools, hope to see you at another tournament!

Daisey- Fun team friendlies! Glad you could make it to this!

Forkgirl- Oh I GOT that d-air to reverse up+b... it just cost me 3 stocks! lol

M2K- I got sooo close to having a chance to play you, but PB+J hogged you for 3 matches straight... T_T I want a chance to play you in friendlies at the next big tournament I can get to. Top tier ownage as always!

N64- Fun friendlies, why do you **** foxes so hard? :(

Canada:

Europhoria- Great matches man, I dunno why we got the same pool together twice! lol

Kage- You are too beast- I wish I had gotten a chance to play you~ D=

RaynEX- Your fox is really good man, I wish I'd gotten a chance to play you more!

Anybody I forgot... just ***** at me till I remember and I'll add your shout-out.

Good games all around, this tournament was wayyyyyy too much fun. <3

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
Loved playing the "random character" =3
Don't have many shout outs, but what the heck =P

REFLEX
ALPHA
GERBIL
DOGYSAMICH
NICE1
JX
IH
IORI
MIKE G - Sorry we didn't get to meet in person at this tourney
NICABOY
KAGE
KOKINGPIN

CHUDAT, Thanks for the friendlies =3
Wanted to play M2K =(

And the canadians =3

Zone

Smash Champion
Shout outs

Shai
I was actually for some reason looking forward to playing you the most. Because I remember how technical you were last time I faced you, and I wanted to see how well your mindgames/option choosing had increased. It was fun playing friendlies with you. Although I think all we did was Team friendlies.

M2K
I am very content with being 2stocked by your Marth. Atleast it wasn't a 4 stock @.@;

Chudat
I played you in team pools, and had a random FFA friendly with you eggz and another person. From what I've seen your the epitome of good player. You tell people they do a good job, and have good manners and sportsmanship. It was nice meeting you.

IHSB
I didn't realize you suicided vs me and Taco twice during team pools til after I rewatched them. You guys surely woulda had us if it weren't for those suicides. Also I was too lazy to practice powershielding missiles, I was more worried about falco's lasers >.> Anyways it was nice see'ing you again. You gave me my first tips at my first tourney when I faced your samus with jigglypuff letting me know when I missed good rest chances. Too bad I hate playing jigglypuff now in all shapes and forms.

IORI
Nasty M2, My zelda will get you next time. You got a nice gimp on me on Final D. I swear u were going to back-air >.> tricky tricky.

Raynex
your fox avatar is still ugly haha. btw fun friendlies we had, even though we mostly played when I was uber tired.

Hungry Box
Glad you could make it, it was cool see'ing you again. We shoulda friendlied now that I thought about it. I'd like to know the Jigglypuff match up more. Zelda vs Jiggly that is. I took a match off you before ;D then you took one back right after :(. S'ok though you'll always **** my marth.

Eastlittree
You had a very interesting Samus. You threw me off by surprise multiple times. But at the same time, fighting you taught me some things about crouch cancelling. I already know about it, but I noticed I got punished for things vs crouch cancelling I didn't think were possible

The guy I let borrow my controller
Had fun friendlies with you, Stop getting gimp'd by my marth >.>

Smooth Criminal
Sorry not good with names. Who were you exactly? I bet if I saw your face I'd be like "oh".

Eggz
You're a very cool person, Thank you so much for the match we had. It really brightened my day after Not making it out of my nearly all Marth pool>.> with 1 peach and 1 IC there. Oh well Just means I need to find someone who's good with Marth to practice against.

Other Zelda player I met
Zelda ditto's were interesting, It's all about if you miss a kick, your getting kicked. It was kinda cool fighting you cuz as you said when you fought me it was like "Fighting yourself" you told me I had the better Zelda. But that's only because I hadn't dropped her like you said you had.

NesNoob
Too bad we didn't really get any friendlies on a non-laggy T.V. That stuff really messes me up lol. Well we got some team friendlies atleast on a non-laggy T.V.

Prac
lol we didn't even play wth is that.

Gerbil
Stop referring to everything I do to a Video you saw on youtube >.> lol <3

Carter
You 4stocked my Marth :\. But then I nearly beat you with Zelda next match. But that's only cause you were a super aggressive fox. I eat them up kinda. Coulda laser spammed me, and baited, but it was a friendly haha. Can't be playing lame campy friendlies. This is not Brawl!

SleepyK
Where is this Starcraft thing where smashers play again? btw, it was cool playing friendlies with you. Your a funny guy. Koreans ftw! I'm not racist!

Cactuar
I shoulda asked for a friendly with you :\.

Congrats to everyone who placed.

If I forgot you. It's only cuz I forgot your name or didn't know it.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
everyone cheering for me for "chain-throwing" lol: omg i've never felt so much pressure or been so nervous LOL but y'all were hilarious and made me laugh a lot. I kept using the chain just be a crowd pleaser and almost won because of it, so LOL

grrrr...i forgot your name, but the zelda i played against in crews: you were really fun and funny! I enjoyed hanging out and talking. you're a lot of fun to be around! :)
Chain Gang FTW?!?! i shoulda went Fox in crews to be chain killed :(

I would come to tournament farther away just to see more Chain Kills

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I wrote up this whole list of people I was going to give shoutouts to on the ride home, and then I left it at my parent's house and it got lost ;_;
Also I'm really **** lazy. And everyone knows I love them anyway.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I wrote up this whole list of people I was going to give shoutouts to on the ride home, and then I left it at my parent's house and it got lost ;_;
Also I'm really **** lazy. And everyone knows I love them anyway.
Lolz xD. Well I'm sure I was in that list since I was buggin you about my controller and we got to play quite a bit of friendlies.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Melee is here to stay. If you host them they will come. Oh, and I want to unofficially announce . . .

Gettin' Schooled 3
June 13 & 14th, 2009

We will still be playing Melee then, and I will host an absolutely sick tournament. I've already got some new ideas . . .
confirm me

I hope this isnt some lame joke. I'd bring all my boys with me. I got @ least 10 for this already Im sure of it. Our only demand is that Bach do a montage and hold an interview with the great Swift about his perfomance in crews and make fun of Hylian for being bad @ super smash brothers melee for the gamecube nintendo.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
confirm me

I hope this isnt some lame joke. I'd bring all my boys with me. I got @ least 10 for this already Im sure of it. Our only demand is that Bach do a montage and hold an interview with the great Swift about his perfomance in crews and make fun of Hylian for being bad @ super smash brothers melee for the gamecube nintendo.
Haha please do. Would be halarious.

On a side note: I started practicing melee again with Rayzorium, so I expect MM's at Fast :).

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hylian you'll probably go even in money lose all of it in melee and win it back in Brawl lol.

Nite

Smash Champion
First of all thanks to all the tourney hosts. You made this experience all possible. Easily one of the best tournaments I've been to. Thanks for having those cute girls up there too. Was nice to have something that smelled and looked good around 100 smelly guys. Haha.

Chaddd- I appreciate the housing so much dude. Showers, a place to sleep, orange juice, and a fan. Thank you. We'll get em next time. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Eugene- So sexy. What's poppin?

C- You guys should just move to the worst city for smash and play me all the time. 4 player marth FFAs are amazing. Thanks for all the Falcon punching in teams. Freedom feels good.

Xelic- I've actually had a few friendlies with you at FC Diamond. >_> So long ago, so we gotta play next time we meet. Good stuff in teams, sir.

Reno- You really surprised me man. Hadn't heard of you until this, but I heard that you were good. Your sheik came out of nowhere. Nice job.

Rayzorium- I love you. That set was so fun. Losing to Falcon is like sex, it's always good. LOL So fun man, great Falcon.

Jesusfreak- Thanks to you and Ray for the teams warm-ups man. Was fun playing and meeting you.

Eggz- You're cute. Good seeing you again sir. We didn't play, but crews was fun. Thanks for beating me in teams.

Cactuar- You too. You should've demolished a sandwich at this at some point.

Colbol- You did so good dude. Good job in everything. XD Crews, Singles, Doubles.

Hungrybox- Nice to meet you. Everyone hates your playstyle, so keep it up I guess. Lol

Rice- Your match vs. Eggm in crews was amazing! I love you. Wish you didn't live so far away. (We didn't play at all. >_>)

M2K- You seemed a lot easier to talk to this time we met. I totally ***** your first stock in that Marth ditto before you 3 stocked me. LOL Good job man.

Chu- Good seeing you again. Nice job in singles dude. Give me that ICs practice sometime.

Jman- Real nice job dude. You definitely repped it. Thanks for the laser compliments, lol.

Eggm- Your Falco is good. I don't really wanna play it. Lol.

Vidjo- Good seeing you again. Didn't play you at all besides some doubles friendlies. Nice advice about camping, haha.

DoH- First time I got to sit around and have friendlies with you. Those were fun. I love playing Peach.

JFox- Nice to meet you man. You are right about those backwards matchups. Someone make my Falco normal and make me good vs. Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, stupid characters. Haha. Fun friendlies on the 2nd day.

DJNintendo- Cool guy. Really nice Bowser too. So many tricks with this guy. What you did to Iori on Jungle Japes made me smile.

Chops- Everyone has their bad days man. We all know you are a beast. Just get everybody at FAST.

Offthechain- Really cool guy. Nice fox too. I have trouble with Fox, but sometimes I am good vs. them. So I was surprised that I did so well vs. you in those friendlies. Haha, we'll play some more if I ever come to the East Coast. I plan to do that one day.

Exarch- Barely saw you the whole time, but watch out for the cops, lol.

XIF- Nice job randoming FD in crews. Too good.

Green Mario- It's good to see you again dude. First time playing you, but it was fun. Nice match in crews.

SleepyK- Give more 4 player Marth FFAs. So good, haha. I'ma be thinking about you at night. Such a hot boi.

Full Metal- Your Marth isn't as good as mine. Just kidding. Give more 4 player Marth FFAs. Haha.

Carter- Nice job man. You were getting me in those friendlies.

112- Sorry It came down to me and you in pools. Sucks when that happens. Good to see you again though. Bring more teddy grahams next time.

Kage- Great Ganon dude. Ganon is so scary and you used him exactly how you should.

RaynEX- Really laid back guy. Fun to hang around. You surprised me with your tech skill. No items, Fox only, Final Destination. Haha, that cube we played on was a tourney ***.

Plank- Happy Birthday man! Didn't play you at all, but good seeing you again.

Unknown- Haven't met you until this. Really patient Fox though. Good matches in pools.

Hat- Nice to meet you. Good job in doubles.

So many people to remember. So I'm gonna leave out the locals. I know I'm missing lots of you, but that's what came to mind. Thanks to everybody I played for helping me warm-up and for the good times.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wow. Sounds like it was uber exciting. I would have went along with Smooth, but duty calls most of the weeks.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
FullMetal's Shoutouts!
I'm finally going to crack down and do my shout-outs:

George: See you at the next Waba-games tournament?
Spent all this month's funds going to this. Come to Birmingham some time. :)

Shoutouts to you if you know you deserve them.

Special shoutout to Reflex for all the Smash64 we played.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I just got home. Beast mode. I would do shoutouts to everyone, but I'm really lazy.

Eggz - Beast mode son. Nyakka Canceling is where it's at. ;]

Hungrybox - I want a story about the origin of my name. No homo. Hungryboxing will happen next time I see you.

RainEx (lolz) - You are hilarious son. We need to play next time.

BlackPanther - Sleep less plz

FullMetal - Sex me.

-Chad- - NO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Sleepy - You are gay.

Kelli - I beat Nite with a Kelli combo.

Nite - You got beaten by a Kelli combo.

Marty - You're black.

Eugene - You are also black. I got ur back like a SWEATAH.

XIF - Ask about me. You play Peach so you are lame.

Green Mario - lol @ our matches. Too good.

DP - I triple kneed your *** across Dreamland.

PB&J - You are a beast son. Thanks for the housing.

Desu - Way to not show up.

T-bag - Have my kids.

Chelsey - You are crazy. >_>

Iori - I owned your *** in friendlies up until you stole my signature move. I am saddened by that. :(

Chaddd - I owned your Fox.

Lambchops - LOL. This guy is a beast. XIF has bathrooms inside of bathrooms.

Col Bol - Hungrybox MM?!?!?!??

Cash Mooney - Always a good sport. Good stuff.

My hands are tired now, but there are other people who are awesome. Much love from the guy who claims to be gay. :)

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
everlasting yayuhzz said:
BlackPanther - Sleep less plz
Haha I'm sorry. But that first day I was so down from my controller breaking I figure I would just cry myself to sleep and second day I don't know what happened then =/.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Shout outs :

Prac - Thanks for running it and the all peach/jiggs bracket. >.>
Kage - Easily the coolest person there. :) I had a lot of fun playing with you, your ganon is too beast.
MIIIIIIIIIIIIKE - Best host ever. Enough said. Best beds/breakfast amaaaaaaaaaazing.
DJ nintendo - ***** his 2nd round pool with MARIO/BOWSER GET AT HIM.
XIF - Please please please learn falco I love fighting them. ;)
Vidjo - Dodged me in brackets. ><
Jman - Got lucky he placed higher than me, same pools seed lost to the same people. >.>
Chu - Your too good. :( **** ic's
m2k - your gay
Cactuar - plays the green characters
Reno - Sucks @ pools.
Rice - Fun falco dittos I wish we coulda played more.
Chops - Same as above. Learn to fight characters other than spacies. :) And teach me to fight spacies.
Tall blonde marth canadian I played in the corner for an hour - Sorry I forget your smash name. Your pretty **** good man keep it up. learn to punish harder per grab.
Fork girl - Got 4 stocked. ^-^
Hungrybox- Stop getting so angry and stuff lol. Nice placing.
Xelic - Omg your peach is too good I got lucky. >< YOU SHOULDA TAKEN OUT CHU ARGH.
DOH - We didn't get to play. =\
Jfox - Although I only heard about it you seemed like a pro coach for jman. Good stuffs, fun trip.
PP&J - We didn't play but your ic's looked scary. ><
Reno - Sucked in teams.
Colbol - Too good.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Shag

Smash Cadet
"that other zelda"

thx for da shout outs, anyone who played a zelda and doesn't know or had no idea who it was, it was me :) my list of shout outs would be everyone at the tournament >< everyone there was SICK, soooo good to see that ppl feel the same about melee as i do (best fighting game ever created lol) either way, everyone keep at it, hope to see you all again at the next melee tournament!!!!!!!!!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ya i was the peach zelda guy @kirby kaze only went zelda to beat hbox but he still 2 stocked me lame
full metal i will take your money..........................................one day

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I suck at shouts, but I’ll try. Shout Outs:

Prac, Ares, Alpha, Carter:
Awesome job hosting guys. If you throw another one, you’ll likely get our car to make another 18 hour drive down to play. Thanks to whoever was running the venue for that Sunday night housing too.

Xelic: You’re way too good. Thanks for all the friendlies and ****** me at the Peach ditto =D I hope I see you and the rest of Texas at more of these. <3

Caveman: Thanks for all the friendlies at like midnight. I learned more by hanging out with you and playing then I did in several months probably.

Wobbles: ^^ Penguin. Your climbers are so amazing. It was weird having you in BOTH of my pools, but I’ll always take any set I can get against your ICs. I’m sorry to hear you had a bad second day :(

Forkgirl: We didn’t play >_> But keep traveling with Texas, your whole crew is too awesome.

DoH: I didn’t play you either :(

HAT: It was good seeing you again. Your army of different characters is awesome.

Eastliketree: I STILL didn’t get to play you. But you’re always fun to chill with and watch David randomly hug. >_> I’ll need to play you next time, and find out who the hell you main.

Wife: Thanks for the matches, and offer of help to me. Good luck on learning with Falco and dealing with all the campers >_> If you come to Canada, you’ll like our metagame. We’re all basically anti-camp. xD

Lambchops: Get better vs. Marth and friendly me next time. >_> Good stuff in pools, I’ve been bragging about it xD.

XIF: Didn’t play you. But watching your Peach is always fun.

Fullmetal: Congrats on beating me in both rounds of pools. I had a lot of fun playing both sets.

Ihavespaceballs: Your samus is awesome >_> Good games. I didn’t get to friendly you much though :(

Eggm: I was the tall blond marth from Canada. Thanks =D Your Falco is too good. My phantom hit ledgehope d-air was gay. Congrats on placing 4th ^^.

N64: You’re awesome to hang out with, and your Pika is cool. Props to doing so well with him man. Good stuff in doubles pools.

Kwan: Good games in pools.

Sliq: Thanks for all the help with my controller man, and all the friendlies. Come to Canada again, but drive an extra hour this time to come play Melee instead of Brawl. ^^

Sleepyk: I-hops. Drinking the whole pitcher of juice in like 3 gulps was too good. Thanks for being the only person to record anything at this.

Smooth Criminal: Housing fail >_> Lol you’re still a cool guy though.

Plairnkk: Up+B stalling is fun. Props to do placing well in teams though. I’ll friendly you next tournament.

Cash Mooney: Uhhh, I actually suck at Yugioh due to a combination of me like never competing and not being that great a player. I win because I play a DAD deck minus a Sarc. Good friendlies at like >_> 7am on Sunday.

Kage: Good stuff as always sir in both teams and singles. You’re pushing Ganon’s place on the tier list higher each tournament. I hope to see you at the next big tournament. Come to Toronto next time we host. I think I need to MM your Ganon and test my skill.

KirbyKaze: Bah, bad day in second pools. You’ll **** them next time. Double kill on Chops/Colbol was awesome. Watching you beast teams was epic. You worry too much about stuff. We’ve all discussed why you’re good so blah.

GaynEX: You’re gay. You did well though. >_> Be less aggressive vs. a Jiggs that only runs away and spams b-air. You’ll make money at the next teams tournament.

Unknown522: >_> We have a new meme for the GTA scene now. Don’t worry about placings, you’ll do better and blah blah. Do these all sound as ****ing repetitive to you as it does to me? Your snoring killed us all on the car rides.

Sanuzi: Team Too Good Driving now. >_> Declaring that 140 was too slow after 180 for like an hour. Can’t wait for the next 1. Where we can make GaynEX actually drive.

Will edit later if I forgot anyone, please remind me.

Top Bottom