• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gold Mine 3 Results!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well, with fall break, the raleigh tournament, and rumors of TO6, october is borderline set in stone, unless we get together in later october.

I can readily imagine us spending a weekend or two together in november though. hence the statement.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmm i actually thought about taking the trip today. I need a way to get to my car...i'll think about it lol.

if not, we'll just have to play a lot in raleigh.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
well, i'm def down today if you can make it. ain't **** goin on, so a smashfest sounds primo. who knows, let's hit up the nightlife too if we feel up to it.

but yeah, later is good, too. now+later though? shoot girl....

archer.

Smash Lord
Okay guys, TGM 4 is more than likely gonna be on November 5th (less crowded date than the 12th as of now). Brawl will switch to Apex rules, Melee rules will be the same (unless Apex finally decides on a Melee ruleset in which case we'll use them for Melee as well) in order to prepare for Apex, obviously.

I still haven't decided on which venue to use, but I'm leaning towards the one we used here because we'll have better hours to work with and we're closer to all the food places. So that means, no TVs provided by the venue. And that means, NC BRAWL NEEDS TO BRING THEIR OWN DAMN TVS.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, including what you might want for a side event.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
NXT Doubles

Players who are PRed in NC or their own state (if they are OOS) are only allowed to team up with players who aren't PRed anywhere.

It'll be WAY more interesting than regular doubles. Just sayin'.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Idk, I'm going to a tourney with him today so I'll ask again but before he said he had some things at home to take care of

:phone:

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
NXT Doubles

Players who are PRed in NC or their own state (if they are OOS) are only allowed to team up with players who aren't PRed anywhere.

It'll be WAY more interesting than regular doubles. Just sayin'.
I've always been against this type of thing when it happens because generally it's just PR#1+scrub takes first and PR#2+scrub takes 2nd leaving everyone else only in contention for 3rd.

Although the skill gap in melee is way more drastic there was a period of time where PP and L0zr were teaming with random players and whoever they teamed with just got free money while the rest of us stood no chance.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I've always been against this type of thing when it happens because generally it's just PR#1+scrub takes first and PR#2+scrub takes 2nd leaving everyone else only in contention for 3rd.

Although the skill gap in melee is way more drastic there was a period of time where PP and L0zr were teaming with random players and whoever they teamed with just got free money while the rest of us stood no chance.
I think the contributions of the scrubs will matter more than you think in this type of event. You also have to consider the team chemistry between the PR players and the scrubs. Plus, the skill gap in Brawl isn't as drastic, like you said.

Regardless, I'm not expecting this idea to get accepted. I just wanted to throw an unconventional idea out there and see what you guys thought of it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's like exhibitions to me, which is pretty cool. If it's for money then it would probably turn petty and everyone scrambling/being gay for the best team like regular teams lol. If there's no money then people will just goof off/throw sets probably but you'd also probably get more entrants.

My immediate thoughts.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ive done this for my tourneys before. and when i did it, it was actually more dependant on who got the best non pr player with them than anything else. lol

it also turned out much more balenced and fun for everyone.

lord karn

Smash Master
Peter and I took a set off of Lozr/Fiz when PP and Lozr did that whole 'team with southern pines' thing. Team chemistry is really important and not many people in this state are that good at teams, lol.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Even though I personally didn't come to this, I'd like to say that any tournament where Metaknight didn't place 1st is an instant classic in my book.

Top Bottom