• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE GOD KAIS Present MWC-E #1 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 2" Fairfield, OH (Oct.10)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yup, they definitely are.

You'll have to take my place as NJ's representative this time Pierce, I can't make it cause my mom doesn't have to go to Ohio till the end of the month and she doesn't want me going this far for just a tournament >_>
Let me know next time you're in town, I've wanted to play you for a while!

I'll try to get you some Cincinnati housing and we'll have a smashfest.

For people that have a large amount of MMs, want friendlies, want melee, etc., when singles is cooling down I'm gonna have the entire back room be dedicated to friendlies. Last time it was barely used because people wanted to watch matches in the front and there wasn't enough room back there for observers, and we were clogging every entry way and some people were MMing and playing friendlies (including me!) next to the main stations. Too much clutter. Infern and I are gonna do our best to set things up so we aren't spilling out everywhere.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Let me know next time you're in town, I've wanted to play you for a while!

I'll try to get you some Cincinnati housing and we'll have a smashfest.
Course :D I've been wanting to play you too, including Nope, and I gotta get revenge for what AZ did to D1 and shoot lasers in the eyes of Judge and Argent Stew!! <3

Airborne

Smash Lord
o.O
i'm supposing all of the big MI names will be here as well? =D
i need to face more good people... >___<
anyone want yoshi experience? i'll be happy to do a few MM's if anyone is interested. ;D

sai_:)

Smash Ace
A question for the Midwest diddy kongs (Count Wakka AZ)

ok. with FD not being involved in the stage striking process imo were slightly more hindered at the beginning of the set. however we have the new stages to play on. So far i think they're all pretty good for diddy. but have any of u three tested the new stages? maybe found out something important or w/e? I've been playing on them and they seem decent but has anyone else found any tricks or discoveries? things to avoid or whatever? any feedback on this would be nice

wakka444

Smash Ace
ive not played them yet but as far as i can see it we practically have 2 FDs now, one w/out a platform so extra nanner **** and the other helps our recovery ^^

Nope

Smash Lord
Who can house some MI people on Friday?
And I'll be bringing a set up.
Springfield can host you Friday night, we are 1 hour and 10 min from the Venue and should be on your way if you are coming from MI to Cincy anyway. You can follow us there the next morning. Just let me know

Keitaro Pound 4 we can play! As long as I don't see you before then

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Stages are pretty good. Shrug, I've been messing around with the edges a lot on Libra just to see what is possible, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths and such in friendlies.

Libra you can recover with barrels under the stage.
Abyss you can't. So don't let yourself get even the slightest bit under the stage.
Same for Equity as for Abyss.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Stages are pretty good. Shrug, I've been messing around with the edges a lot on Libra just to see what is possible, leading to a lot of unnecessary deaths and such in friendlies.

Libra you can recover with barrels under the stage.
Abyss you can't. So don't let yourself get even the slightest bit under the stage.
Same for Equity as for Abyss.

smash64

Smash Champion
AZ just because your a moderator doesnt mean you can do what ever the **** you want and double post but since your a god kai its all good pimpin lol

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Cool. and even though on abyss and equity its a little weirder to use barrels to recover there, you get the opportunity to just wall tech instead,which is alot safer and less gimpable(sorta). however on abyss i thought it would be a good diddy stage but the more i play on it,it seems like the upward slant is just sort of in the way of alot of stuff. any one else getting that vibe from abyss?

wakka444

Smash Ace
abyss reminds me of frigate, you cant really approach with bananas(in the normal sense) but peanuts in the middles seem perfect,

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wakka knows where I got the inspiration from ;)

The slant allows for retreating aerials from the center a lot of the time, so you might actually be able to just chuck a banana and fair, then DI back into the pit and start your attack when your opponent has a weakened shield.

Sai, Libra is a pretty similar stage to FD, with minor changes. I made going underneath the stage dangerous, as it is easy to get hit and spiked off the stage, in addition to adding platforms that go along the side. All of the above is in an effort to reduce the amount of time that planking is possible; I saw a video where Tako's ROB got off the ledge and landed on the platform to recharge fuel, and Nope just f-tilted from the stage for a KO. The top middle platform isn't much of a hinderance to you either, so I'd personally suggest Libra... especially after watching AZ play on it and do some crazy ledge tricks XD

Also also, when I play Diddy on Libra I've become fond of landing on the platform to pull bananas. If you are in the right position, they just hit the wall and land on top of you, and you can grab them then you auto grab the ledge when the plat disappears.

I'd also suggest PS1... Diddy has more trouble KOing there, but he has a lot of tricks (I took about 60% in under a second when I thought it was a good idea to attack AZ by the windmill), a potential infinite, and many transformations push people out of the center and towards the edges, where you can KO.

Count

Smash Champion
Probably not attending unless somebody else from Indiana steps it up and wants to go. Don't really want to spend that type of money and drive 4ish hours in a day =(.

So basically, somebody from Indiana, gooooo! Even though I've contacted like all of you..

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Too much school shenanigans atm pierce and no money. I havent even played brawl in about 3 weeks now. Im starting to lose interest as well..

Silhouette

Smash Lord
GOD PIES!!!

*confirmed, and most likely a setup too.

i may be looking to find some housing for some other ougaers (POPS, Frame, Sole, T-800 [idk only two of them tops]) im staying with wakka and he can only house me, so if any others in the spfld dayton area have extra space it would help..

(smashfield!) :bigthumbu

p.s. Beegs crew!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Too much school shenanigans atm pierce and no money. I havent even played brawl in about 3 weeks now. Im starting to lose interest as well..
I always fixed my no money issues by going to Brawl tournaments, I knwo you can do the same!

wakka444

Smash Ace
os is very right haha, its a shame you re bored with it even though youre one of the least active on the tournament scene

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Wow....It seems like we are going to have a BUNCH of good BRAWLERS....This tournament is really going to be Difficult. It'll be sick if we could get this on Live Stream....

I don't think I'm going to make it guys.

I have personal stuff to do.

NEOH is trying to convince me to go but I'm just not sure this time.

I REALLY want to fight a great amount of you to improve my "PR" so I get ON the top ten, but money is also a concern this time.

All and all, I'll see what the week brings guys!

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Probably not attending unless somebody else from Indiana steps it up and wants to go. Don't really want to spend that type of money and drive 4ish hours in a day =(.

So basically, somebody from Indiana, gooooo! Even though I've contacted like all of you..
Isn't VaMP going?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Wow....It seems like we are going to have a BUNCH of good BRAWLERS....This tournament is really going to be Difficult. It'll be sick if we could get this on Live Stream....
Heh way ahead of you if I get a ride/place to crash

lou4222

Smash Lord
Wakka are you going to hook it up and get my buy in for the controller? If not its cool and you can get me back at some other tournament. Just let me know. It would be nice because I want to do lots of MMs at this tournament.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Wakka are you going to hook it up and get my buy in for the controller? If not its cool and you can get me back at some other tournament. Just let me know. It would be nice because I want to do lots of MMs at this tournament.
oh **** yes of course lol my bad

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Attention people I play in all MM's!!

Custom stages are a waste of time so they won't be included in my MM sets. The tournament neutrals will be used without these in my MM's. If you have a problem with this, you're welcome to give me odds to change my mind about it. I would ask the same in tournament sets if I weren't worried Overswarm would see and disqualify me or something lol.

Can't wait to play people!

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Tyr, that's fine by me. Actually, let me make a similar announcement.

Attention to everyone I'm MMing. I'm not going to play you in a MM on some really gay stage. The reason behind it is because if I lose, I want to be able to look you in the eye, shake your hand, give your money, smile, and say good games, while being sincere. One of the main ways to follow the "No johns" rule is not to set yourself up to john. Therefore, I wiil be playing either a set which adheres to NJ's stricter stage list, or simply on neutrals. If there is a stage you like, you can also just ask me to play there, and I may agree. I'm not fighting D3 on Pictochat, or MK on Japes, or any of the bull outside of tourney, especially since I'll be going all Marth in MMs probably.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm not going to play you in a MM on some really gay stage. The reason behind it is because if I lose, I want to be able to look you in the eye, shake your hand, give your money, smile, and say good games, while being sincere. One of the main ways to follow the "No johns" rule is not to set yourself up to john. Therefore, I wiil be playing either a set which adheres to NJ's stricter stage list, or simply on neutrals. If there is a stage you like, you can also just ask me to play there, and I may agree. I'm not fighting D3 on Pictochat, or MK on Japes, or any of the bull outside of tourney, especially since I'll be going all Marth in MMs probably.
No offense, but no johns. "Don't counterpick me" is hardly a fair way to fight against anyone. If you don't have the stage experience to "not get gayed" by nondegenerate strategies or predictable (even if nondeterministic) stage changes, then I don't see how you can claim to be the better player.

If someone gets an opportune grab and tosses me into a well-timed stage hazard which determines victory of a match on a well-chosen counterpick against me and attributing to my loss of the set, then I would look them in the eye, shake their hand, give them money, smile, and say good games, while being sincere.

:054:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Me to man, but on the EC, they attribute such events to "luck" because apparently stages are to hard to figure out and ever use to your advantage.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tyr is going to be taken to custom stages

Pierce is giong to be taken to the gayest CP people know

you have made yourself victims!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
In a money match generally both people have to agree on a stage list. This stage list doesn't have to be the same as that of the tournament they're attending.

If you have a problem with Pierce's or my stage list for that matter then you're welcome to suggest a change to it and a compromise can probably be worked out (in my case involving offering me a chance at winning more money for putting up with stages I don't have time or motivation to practice on.)

If you don't like it, you don't have to MM.

Edit: The custom stages are all good for Lucas anyway. I'm not very concerned. But I don't want to lose a money match because of a random stage glitch or exploitation that I can't sit around to find out about.

Top Bottom