• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I'll try to get a friendly set with someone next weekend, but how is it? I think I should have camped more, and when I'm trying to kill him in second stock I do some stupid Fsmashes. more errors?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Don't have time for a full critique now, but I'll get you a response soon enough.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
For Marcbri:

0:14 - Don't stay at the edge if you don't need to. You can't exert strong stage control if you're at the edge. (This is also why you got grabbed.)

0:38 - Bad positioning (stuck in between a Waddle Doo and DDD on top), so you should have retreated.

0:56 - Don't run to the edge when your opponent has invincibility. All you're doing is cornering yourself. Try to maintain your spacing near the center, even if he has invincibility. Also, momentum cancel with Uair - it finishes more quickly.

1:00 - Way too much shine stalling. You could have double jumped or fast fall air dodged, at that distance.

1:21 - You're right, you should have camped more, especially at places like this.

1:51 - You know why DDD didn't die after 3 Usmashes? Stale moves. You should have waited, fired some lasers, and maybe tried for a Bair kill.

2:01 - Random Fsmashes. Eyes...bleeding...

2:10 - Fire lasers at the Waddle Doo to replenish moves. Also, excellent spacing at the ledge. You severely limit DDD's options from the ledge at that distance.

2:32 - Camp! His invincibility is out; why are you running into Utilt?

2:40 - LOL @ running into DDD's Usmash

2:56 - Don't throw out random moves (especially Dtilt) when he's not next to you.

Overall, not bad, but you need to watch your positioning more. Practice camping, practicing moving with your SHDL, etc. etc. Be patient.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
For Marcbri:

0:14 - Don't stay at the edge if you don't need to. You can't exert strong stage control if you're at the edge. (This is also why you got grabbed.)

0:38 - Bad positioning (stuck in between a Waddle Doo and DDD on top), so you should have retreated.

0:56 - Don't run to the edge when your opponent has invincibility. All you're doing is cornering yourself. Try to maintain your spacing near the center, even if he has invincibility. Also, momentum cancel with Uair - it finishes more quickly.

1:00 - Way too much shine stalling. You could have double jumped or fast fall air dodged, at that distance.

1:21 - You're right, you should have camped more, especially at places like this.

1:51 - You know why DDD didn't die after 3 Usmashes? Stale moves. You should have waited, fired some lasers, and maybe tried for a Bair kill.

2:01 - Random Fsmashes. Eyes...bleeding...

2:10 - Fire lasers at the Waddle Doo to replenish moves. Also, excellent spacing at the ledge. You severely limit DDD's options from the ledge at that distance.

2:32 - Camp! His invincibility is out; why are you running into Utilt?

2:40 - LOL @ running into DDD's Usmash

2:56 - Don't throw out random moves (especially Dtilt) when he's not next to you.

Overall, not bad, but you need to watch your positioning more. Practice camping, practicing moving with your SHDL, etc. etc. Be patient.

Thanks for the advice, some of them like the stall moves or the random Fsmashes (LOL I never use Fsmash) rarely happen to me but I was stupid in that moment xD The other advices are helpful , I'll try to get a set this weekend xD.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Right, as far as critique and whatnot goes, I'm throwing an idea out here: Audio commentary.

It's more a novelty than anything else, but I'll download and reupload the videos with commentary at appropriate spots. You'll get to hear my super whiny and annoying voice.

Y/N?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Right, as far as critique and whatnot goes, I'm throwing an idea out here: Audio commentary.

It's more a novelty than anything else, but I'll download and reupload the videos with commentary at appropriate spots. You'll get to hear my super whiny and annoying voice.

Y/N?
i lold at the thought of hearing you tell people they suck,that audio commentary idea is sooooo good

well Zhamy here is a fresh video for you to criticize:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfNLEF7uJjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfKcFjQlJD4&

a set of 5... the other matches are being uploaded right now so later I would post them here
for the first game 1st stock you were coming at snake with too many dash attacks,running into his sheild and whatnot and trying to" force" your approach if that makes any sense,also spotdodging is very risky vs snake because if you dodge the first hit of filt or his jab,the next hit will surely connect.. you did well to bounce back after that 1st stock but its still something you should keep in mind

also,mix up your use of jab,x2 or single jab cancels are great vs snake compared to getting like 3% from a rapid a and getting shieldgrabbed

Zhamy can give you a good critique,im mainly just bored and wanted to write something lmao

those texture hacks are also amazing !_!

Zephil

Smash Ace
thanks TJ I would try fix my mistakes... lol I can hear it right now in Zhamy critiques of the thrid match: "why you did that", "lol at the fail", "wow... you suck"

Lightning93

Smash Champion
He never says you suck DIRECTLY. In fact, he only points area in which you DO suck, and tells you to improve them. I would love some audio commentary, I'm so grateful that Zhamy would go through all the trouble for us.

Zephil

Smash Ace
i guess its hard to tell we were jokin around since its the internet after all
:ohwell:
yeah exactly... we need a way to explain when they are jokes or sarcasm (lol, R00KI3 hates internet sarcasm:chuckle:) but yeah we everybody in the boards respect zhamy and we loved the way he critiques thats why we all always ask him for opinions

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Zhamy owes the community because of..... well, lack of Fox... forever. Seriously, we have no practical way of knowing you main Fox.

I also finally have my video streaming working for ustream.tv so if anyone wants wifi brawls on there with me watching you can do that maybe even add in Zhamy's audio commentary through some magical What U Hear recording on AIM voicechat. No no, that's just too crazy...

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I actually main Captain King Foxtwomarthlimar Suit Bowslink.

But first trial run of audio criqitue should be up later tonight.

EDIT: Never mind, drunk commentary = bad.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Finally turned off the wack and updated. Zhamy we like need your voice to match your insightful comments =D

Zhamy is like top tier. Oo and Zhamy don't drink! You are too young! lulz!

RPK

Smash Lord

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Yeah, no way I'm going to be able to audio commentary all of these. So the rest of the Fox boards should do the whole critique thing while I'm applying for jobs and whatnot. Yeah.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ill critique some if people want since i have free time for these weekdays, i wont be doing things as in depth as Zhamy but ill offer my advice and what you need to improve on

ill just choose which ones i want to critique i guess,as long as people want my advice

Johrune

Smash Cadet
Critique away, please! I've been waiting several days and nobody has said a word.

On a side note, I think it's a bad idea to have the video and critique thread as the same one. Just my 2 cents.

-Johrune

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
It's not critique or anything, but Rookie, your Fox makes brawl fun to watch. Inspires my fox to get better, haha.
Critique away, please! I've been waiting several days and nobody has said a word.

On a side note, I think it's a bad to have the video and critique thread as the same one. Just my 2 cents.

-Johrune

Normally I wouldn't critique, but I guess I'll try to give general advice for you. Use short hop double laser more, I feel you're a bit too aggressive, especially in that matchup. Don't be afraid to camp with short hop lasers. In my experience, I've never had to approach a Yoshi because reflector > eggs. Use dthrow instead of fthrow. I can't think of a reason why I'd fthrow when I could dthrow...Use usmash out of shield more often, it works wonders. Also, use nair and ftilt. Both are great moves that I didn't see much use of in your matches. Try not to rely on dair -> utilt cuz that doesn't work until later%s, and by that time you could be doing dair -> usmash. I may be wrong but I only use dair when I know it'll lead into a usmash, I don't really like to use dair that much. Use uair for momentum canceling. Use jab canceling. Try dair -> grab if you like dair that much.

I guess that's all. I'm kinda subpar at giving advice, not to mention my fox itself is pretty bad so take my advice with a grain of salt. If someone better than me wants to add on, or correct me, feel free.

Top Bottom