• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
haha zephil... idk i might go to some tourneys... i wanna get some vids up and be critiqued first... i might ask uzi to record some replays i send him...

Jenkins

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QivExANW30o Ry Vs. 911

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34lWA56ghqs Ry Vs. 911 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4xspbJovhY Ry Vs. 911 3

I'm bored, critique these I guess. Last one I didn't really care to play. Proof there's a difference between when I care and when I don't care. (Basically to show R00kie)

well it generally helps when you laser TOWARDS your opponent xD

also, mix up your ways of coming back on the stage. You seemed to favor B-side a little much, and you might get punished for that ;)

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Who ever that marth is must not of been trying At least i hope he wasnt

M@v

Subarashii!
there are several really good Foxes, but R00kie is probably the best atm.

Other notable foxes(no order)

-Toronto Joe(a.k.a dazed and confused on AiB)

-Moogle

-Me

-Fenrir (Havent seen recent vids, but was good in old ones)

-Samboner(I believe hes legit. You just have to look past the wifi. Hes performed excellently in offline tourneys too.)

Im sure I missed a couple as well.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
well it generally helps when you laser TOWARDS your opponent xD

also, mix up your ways of coming back on the stage. You seemed to favor B-side a little much, and you might get punished for that ;)
Lag on wifi sucks so much. If you noticed at the beginning of the first match I told him to wait so I could adjust a little to the lag and still it didn't register most of the time.

Who ever that marth is must not of been trying At least i hope he wasnt
We both were having warm ups first time that day we played. In the 2nd match he was pissed at the meteor cancel and started to spam lol.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Lag on wifi sucks so much. If you noticed at the beginning of the first match I told him to wait so I could adjust a little to the lag and still it didn't register most of the time.
yeah i hear ya bro

-Samboner(I believe hes legit. You just have to look past the wifi. Hes performed excellently in offline tourneys too.)

Sam got 5th at HOBO 5.........................so yeah

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Pfft You Forgot Meeee (jokes... calm down)

yeah i seriously need to get some vids upp... AKA you think you could record some of our matches?

-Aka-

Smash Cadet

yeah i seriously need to get some vids upp... AKA you think you could record some of our matches?
I save most of the replays that are under 3 mins. Don't usually upload unless I'm bored or someone asks me to lol, but yeah sure I could do it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
please don't start up "best Fox" discussions... they won't end well...

M@v forgot Zeton, though, who may well be the best Fox now...

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld

Mav also forgot to exclude.... Mav. And from what I've seen from Zeton he is very solid. Definately high on my list.

crifer

Smash Lord
zeton plays (from what i´ve seen, it´s not much) like early foxes, a good amount of dairs.
But he hits and he doesn´t get hit and that´s only important thing right?
He´s way more than very solid.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I'd say Zeton is seen as the best right now ONLY because Rook has been unable to attend tourneys. Most likely if Rook was able to attend tourneys, he would be still be seen as the best Fox.

I'm 100% sure that once Rook starts going again, we will see some serious ****.

I am like the Number 1 fanboy of Rookie. I still remember the first time I saw Rookie. Funniest hair ever.

<3 Rookie.

<3 Zeton too.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I'd say Zeton is seen as the best right now ONLY because Rook has been unable to attend tourneys. Most likely if Rook was able to attend tourneys, he would be still be seen as the best Fox.

I am like the Number 1 fanboy of Rookie. I still remember the first time I saw Rookie. Funniest hair ever.

<3 Rookie.

<3 Zeton too.
I. NEED. TO. get. MY LISCENSE. so i can go to tournies!!
ARGHHH

DarkAura

Smash Lord
iv never seen zeton play >.> think i might go watch a few matches.. personally i always liked rooks playstyle the best out of all the foxes i see play other than that i really have no say on who's "the best"

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I Agree i don't really like zetons style BUT it gets the job done and very well may i add.

I'm more behind Rookie as best fox and M@V >.> Period.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
there are several really good Foxes, but R00kie is probably the best atm.

Other notable foxes(no order)

-Toronto Joe(a.k.a dazed and confused on AiB)

-Moogle

-Me

-Fenrir (Havent seen recent vids, but was good in old ones)

Why you and not me? Pfffttt you are ez.

We both were having warm ups first time that day we played. In the 2nd match he was pissed at the meteor cancel and started to spam lol.
yeah i hear ya bro

Sam got 5th at HOBO 5.........................so yeah

I save most of the replays that are under 3 mins. Don't usually upload unless I'm bored or someone asks me to lol, but yeah sure I could do it.

Mav also forgot to exclude.... Mav. And from what I've seen from Zeton he is very solid. Definately high on my list.
zeton plays (from what i´ve seen, it´s not much) like early foxes, a good amount of dairs.
But he hits and he doesn´t get hit and that´s only important thing right?
He´s way more than very solid.

<3 Rookie.

<3 Zeton too.
I. NEED. TO. get. MY LISCENSE. so i can go to tournies!!
ARGHHH
iv never seen zeton play >.> think i might go watch a few matches.. personally i always liked rooks playstyle the best out of all the foxes i see play other than that i really have no say on who's "the best"
I Agree i don't really like zetons style BUT it gets the job done and very well may i add.

I'm more behind Rookie as best fox and M@V >.> Period.

My list of best fox's top 5

*no particular order*

1. Zeton
2. Moogle
3. NKB
4. Toronto Joe
5. Samboner

im not going to put my name on the list because i dont care and i wont be entering tournaments till august so you guys do your thing. plus the title of best fox isnt why i picked up smash competitively (i will admit in the beginning i did care alot and took offense to anyone who thought they were a better fox) , but im aiming to become one of the best players in the world, thats my goal.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
o i c. Man, Lightnin93 and illinialex24 need to get ungrounded so they put up some replays of me on youtube

Jenkins

Smash Lord
I do need to see your fox, im curious
i have some replays from sunday night, but sadly most of our amazing matches were over 3 minutes.

i really hate that ****ing stupid limit.

its against my friend and he was using peach.

And i kept getting ***** by Dair.

And i could freaking SDI out.

it was Dair, Dair, Dair, Nair, Ftilt.

And he would switch it up as he followed my Di

EDIT: btw, you can ask Lightning93. I'm good, not amazing, but i do know what i'm talking about

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah i guess i could sorta explain my playstyle :bee: im just really anxious to get some stuff up... so bascally.. i usually use a nair/dair setup but if im facing a larger char ill use Fair A LOT and im definitely the onjly fox iv seen use JJC to it's full potential.. i i use it to set up so much.. usually shine spikes and usmashes... thats pretty much it, i have a fairly solid edgegame and i got some good mindgames:psycho:

so yeah... don't expect like "ZOMGWTFBBQ" from me but im pretty good... atleast i think im pretty good...

and yes i did post this cause im really bored

Zephil

Smash Ace
I have trained a lot with fox after zhamy´s critique and I hope to upload some matches soon so that you can tell me ppl if you can see a difference... I hope I am better because I am tired of ppl telling me that my snake is better than my fox :/

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
It seems, just from watching vids, that Zeton would get wrecked by a really good defensive player... (read: Seibrik, etc). He does seem to throw a lot of dairs and dash attacks, that should be getting owned...

I'm hoping, however, (and I have no reason to doubt) that he would change up his playstyle if he started to get beaten for it... he has probably the most varied offense of any of the Foxes around. Like I said, sometimes, I wonder about how safe he is... but I can't assume that he isn't capable of changing playstyles

Rook places solidly...

when I played, I never got less than top ten (out of 60+ member tournaments...sometimes closer to 100) when going Fox... I kinda dropped out for a while, though (going back soon. : ))

A6M won local tourneys that I knew about... and wasn't something to toy around with... I'm impressed by him.

Sam basically spread the word that Fox was good... I know he was mainly a wifi player... but he did have results irl. I don't really like his style as much, but he did a LOT for the community.

I have not, yet, seen Moogle play, so I can't comment on that.

Joe is so random in his playstyle.. I seriously think he just makes it up as he goes along. A little bit aggressive, and needs to watch his spacing, but yeah, solid.

Bowyer only FHs... ever... like... that bothers me. I don't really know why, but he could easily get wrecked for that... otherwise, he really focuses on spacing and such, so I do like what he is doing...

NKB... well, I don't realy know. I haven't seen anything of his, but from what I've heard, he's actually solid... so that's cool.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Bowyer only FHs... ever... like... that bothers me. I don't really know why, but he could easily get wrecked for that... otherwise, he really focuses on spacing and such, so I do like what he is doing...
Those are old vids. I don't do that anymore. Now I spam SH single lasers until they put themselves in an open position, in which case I begin the **** :)

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Those are old vids. I don't do that anymore. Now I spam SH single lasers until they put themselves in an open position, in which case I begin the **** :)
Jumping around works really well if you can do it well.

It should be mixed in there sometimes

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Offline with Fox I'll throw a lot of single lazers but online, as you saw, I can't do it T.T.
yeah son its all about the connection. My friend and i have amazing connection. Had some sick games that didn't even feel like wifi.

i was lasering perfectly, but with someother people, i can't laser at all

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
The lazer game isn't hard to play but online it's near impossible with a bad to medium connection. A lot of the people I end up playing are in like Florida and Cali so obviously the connection isn't the best. I'll play more of the lazer game next tournament I go to (probably this coming weekend) and I'll try out my Olimar offline.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
that's weird. i play a lot of people in Cali too haha.

on wifi, i've seen that it's easiest to do retreating Short hop double laser for some reason

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
that's weird. i play a lot of people in Cali too haha.

on wifi, i've seen that it's easiest to do retreating Short hop double laser for some reason
Retreating half circles are easier for me offline. Online I'll do a lot of running reverse lazers or whatever you want to call it. In a bad connection I can't even do that *as you saw in those videos T.T*

Top Bottom