• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Your friend's Sheik is terrible.
Lol!! I guess it does seem that way here. I should have put some on here of him doing better. He's actually a really good Sheik, promise. He doesn't forward tilt lock me all the time because I get out of it most of the time. So he doesn't even bother anymore. But he is really good. Lol. That was funny that you said that. Anything else Zhamy? I know you can definitely tell me things I can improve on.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
There's a lot to improve on, but it's difficult to tell you how to improve v Sheik when you should really just be playing secondaries in that matchup. Not to mention it's friendlies, and you guys were obviously fooling around.

The best I can do is give general advice, but you've got a ton to work on. (Also I'm busy doing job applications right now.)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I'll get to it eventually. The video clips a lot, though - is it possible re-record it?

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
No the guy threw them away. he didn't upload the othet games i won vsing a sonic and marth.

Thats it unless you want wifi ones and thats good quality

DarkAura

Smash Lord
im gonna have 1 or 2 vids of me playing up by the end of today :).... so finally you guys can see me play... and i need some serious critiquing too

DarkAura

Smash Lord
wifi... only guy i know in my area goes to my school and is an MK user...

and i might not have them today... i gotta fix my wii again it keeps on breaking

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
wii fail. It's happened to me before. I just won't fix it if it goes bad this time.

Whats exactly wrong with yours? Not reading brawl?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
naw the disk drive breaks ever now and then... i just gotta take it apart and fix something then it works for like another week >.<

Bob it disturbs me how you read my posts... and i wasn't talking about you either

and Area the URL to the video you posted doesn't work... ill do my best critiquing job when it's fixed >.>

DarkAura

Smash Lord
pretty good fox/match

a few things i notcied were that (i know it's olimar but still) you have to be a bit more agressive because i fight bobs olimar a lot and what i notice is that if you force an approach it only works against you most of the time because he's got those grab combos >.<

and you shoudl try to vary up your playstyle a bit using more nair approaches rather than Dair and dash attack

but then again i know it's olimar and Fair approaches are usless and SHDLs are too... oh and that reminds me you should work on the timing of your SHDLs because i was seeing 2 lasers at the peak of his short hop and what you should have is 1 laser at the peak and 1 laser in the middle of your descent.

other than that your fox is pretty good. even though just cause it was olimar your options were limited >.<

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yea i got the laser thing. Pfft i realized i was Fudging it up so i learned it.

And when i play olimar or most anyone now (beside certain characters) i try not to approach its just a tip rookie gave me and it helps a lot.

Maybe one here and there. But after that laser will work out for me

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah it's true forcing your opponent to come to you does help a lot but personally i play really agressively unless it's like snake or ganon or any of the other easy to own characters... yeah for certain chars you really want them to come to you. man i really wanna get some of my matches up but im probably not gonna until like wednesday because i have exams on monday and im out of town for tuesday and im just to lazy to fix my wii today plus then i have to record matches.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I see everyone plays different.
And that sucks just send your wii to nintendo and pay for it.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
hey imah been lurking on these boards for a while just thought I should stop and say hi.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
OK so heres the status on my matches

i fixed my wii... it WONT break again cause i got the dudes at the store to do it cause im just that awesome and ill get some WiFi matches up by wednesday and ill get some Offlines up by the end of the week. Sound good?

and i need you guy's help on deciding what colour i should use for fox... i cant decide between green black and white

i dont wanna use green because a lot of higher ranked Fox mains use green
i dont wanna use black because too many people use black
and i can't decide whether or not i wanna stick with white... ADVICE peeps?

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I used green to, i decided to switch to Red
It isn't bad by the way.

Why don't use just use the normal color it saves you a few seconds every match.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lol cause i dont like the normal colour xD and however much time it take to get to the colour doesn't matter...you can get there in like a second pressing Y or X

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Pfft lmao and after a game i'm going back to dark green you should use it to lmao

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lol dark green is too good. i might stick with it... i seem to play better with it on... i don't know why but i actually visibly play much better with green

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Darkwater.
Nice quality videos first off. I seen the first stock vsing the pit you staled your usmashed Try to lay off of it just a bit.

You have a bit of unnecessary rolling around back and fourth that i seen no reason for mindgames?
Other wise gg's
Do you main fox or Zss?

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Thanks.
But I like being Usmash happy. ;_; lol

Excessive rolling when I'm afraid, and analyzing reactions for ideas.

Zero Suit Samus. She's really cheap so I try to use characters that need work.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you should refresh your moves with more lasers if you do decide to use usmash that offensively...going to watch now
i only watched the Pit match so heres what i think:

your trying to punish your opponent with the wrong moves most of the time,you space alot of your smashes poorly,and leave yourself open with fsmash especially, you could have finished him off way eariler had you tried dair to dsmash instead of shine, and when your using dair to shine your just throwing out your usmash you need to read what your opponent does and then punish them,you tend to also roll and run into attacks which is something you need to work on, its good that you dont rely heavily on dair but you need to be more precise with how you approach to tighten up your game

Zhamy needs to come back so he can give good advice

DarkAura

Smash Lord
guys i feel so bad because i said id have video's up like everyday but really it's not working out for me. Today im going to attempt two methods of recording one is burning the footage straight to a DVD using
a DVD recorder which i think my TV has

the second is getting my camcorder and recording the replay via firewire if this doesn't work... im probably just gonna set up the Camera in front of my tv and record :(

EDIT: JOE YOU ALMOST HAVE 1000 POSTS :p

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Tjoe you should critique my videos stop holding all the knowledge meanie

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol what do you mean hold all the knowledge O_o im just no good at this critique thing

ok ill go find one of your vids and do my best

ok so...at the beginning i noticed your trying to play the camp game vs Oli, although this is ok you should still recognize that olimar can out camp you and rack more damage compared to our lasers, i prefer approaching because i find fox has better offensive tools then him if he can stay away from the grab range, also SHDL isnt effective vs Oli cause hes too small, SHL or standing lasers(preffered when out of his grab range) are much better and im glad to see you changed your laser game once you realized this good job, a thing to note vs most olimars, once they are in the air they usually airdodge or do an attack, you should look out for these and punish accordingly, they dont like to jump because once olis lost his jump and gets hit hes pretty much done for offstage,if they do however try to jump while in the air intercept them with a bair that will send them offstage and edgehog for the kill(you did a great job at interrupting him with bairs), i didnt see any PWG or jab cancels which is something i love to use against Oli ...other then that watch your airdoges after Olis grab, it will leave you open for charged smashes, its been a while since ive palyed this matchup but im pretty sure utilt and u/fsmash will take the pikmin off of you better then shine,use shine to reflect them not take them off

i cant think of much else i hope i let go of all the "knowledge"

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Jenkins

Smash Lord
excel, dont beat yourself up man, you just don't play the game enough!

you gotta play more, learn matchups better, and practiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

and the results will come

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im really sorry to hear about how your day went excel, if it makes you feel any better ive had some of those too(i had to use GW in singles LOL), i cant do this too indepth as im going out for my birthday soon but heres what i got

dair to grab at low % instead of utilt
always remember that swords > nair, be careful how you use it
stop airdodging after you get grabbed, better yet just stop airdodging into your opponent,i noticed you did this ALOT
midway through the 2nd stock you just became really impatient, this is understandable however if you were having bad day, just try and take things one match at a time from now on
at 2;19 you shouldnt have done a FH dair to punish his recovery,get up attack was probably the only guaranteed hit, or you could have rolled onto the stage and waited for his probable spotdodge and punished him
2:42 no point in trying to dsmash after you just daird into his sheild,avoid dair into marths sheild at all times btw,im surprised that marth didnt use up-b oos to his advantage when you did this
you need to sweetspot the edge more, marth can **** illusion way to easily, it was good that you cancelled your illusions to mindgame him a bit,but your much better off going to the edge
one more thing, you set yourself up to be dtilt locked twice(you escaped the first attempt) because you did a SHL right beside him both times, no need for lasers when your backed up against a corner you need to fight your way out or just escape the situation entirely

the biggest problem i noticed was the airdoging stuff, this NEEDS to be fixed and is definitely the core reason as to why your not having the success you hope for at tourneys

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah ok... here it is finally... no dont get hyped it's not a match lol but i will 150 000% have a match by saturday

Top Bottom