• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I second that. Is there any other movies of Roy's fox?
Not that we know of. The most impressive thing about that is the reverse SHDLs while moving, which is really just tech skill. (Unfortunately, that's not very impressive in Brawl.)

Zephil

Smash Ace
Yeah basically you set yourself up for a RAR, but then you buffer the upsmash. I find RAR>SHDL much easier to do though.

Also some new videos!

LIGHT VS VISTA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvo_rxG_m3c

^ Best wolf ever.
wow I second what Zhamy said... Your fox is getting better and better with each match that is scary man, sick fox!!... be careful R00KIE, you have competition ;)

Charoo

Smash Champion
Champ (Fox) vs MikeHaze (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R04VhOjNUOo&fmt=18

Champ (Sheik) vs MikeHaze (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKGGyEl7ow&fmt=18

Champ (Fox) vs Tyrant (Metaknight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8Cvzw_DDM&fmt=18

Champ (Fox) vs Tyrant (Metaknight) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlGxbJu6uc&fmt=18

Champ (Sheik) vs Tyrant (Snake)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFEwg3-9qWc&fmt=18

my apologies for posting the other vids and a new thread. I'm just not used to doing this anymore since I stop playing for a good while hehe

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Light is moving up, yeah...but he still has a ways to go. I'm liking a lot of what he pulls, but am I the only one realizing that the Wolf was obviously playing around, committed two suicides, and a bad ending recovery?

Against Wolf, you really have to play a punishment game, and let him be more aggressive than you are. Felt like Light was running into an awful lot of stuff with predictable rolls and just overprioritized attacks

Please understand, I'm not saying this to be mean... just kind of a critique with hopes that maybe I'm seeing something you didn't, and you might get better because of it.

I REALLY want to critique Champ's vids...

Like honestly? that was an example of how to not play a MK. Pretty fun to watch still, but so many errors (very likely due to it being a friendly / champ just starting Fox again / etc)

crifer

Smash Lord
I think that Champ played really well,
really well....
he recovered always unpredictable...
I never thought "uhh, that he could have done better" or so...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think that Champ played really well,
really well....
he recovered always unpredictable...
I never thought "uhh, that he could have done better" or so...
for starters... he recovered low or eye-level almost every time... (a huge problem for Fox against MK is the fact that MK can take a nice crap on Fox's recovery from below)

he also approached with Dair quite a bit, NEVER shield usmashed, even though the MK was incredibly careless with glide attacks...

Really, it looked (to me at least) that neither player quite knew what to do against the other character. I feel an MK could have wrecked Champ all over the place, but this one didn't really know what he was doing, either.
: /

Not trying to be mean... just think some things need said.

crifer

Smash Lord
for starters... he recovered low or eye-level almost every time... (a huge problem for Fox against MK is the fact that MK can take a nice crap on Fox's recovery from below)
i know that. But i can´t remember champ getting gimped, or?
I mean if you recover high, you usually get punished (except you land on a platform, but thats risky, too)... You dont have many possibilities as Fox.
The thing I want to say is, it worked.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
i know that. But i can´t remember champ getting gimped, or?
I mean if you recover high, you usually get punished (except you land on a platform, but thats risky, too)... You dont have many possibilities as Fox.
The thing I want to say is, it worked.
Whether or not Champ got gimped in this match is pretty irrelevant. I mean sure, if Champ just wanted to win this match, then ok... but that kind of play will get you killed VERY easily...
In the second match, as well, Champ gave up a high recovery because he was scared of the MK, and actually missed the firefox as a result.. I call that a gimp, so yeah. (at 0:47)

I expanded my post above to include more stuff...

What I'm basically saying is that the MK didn't play the match well at all...

It just bothered me when Champ would have a REALLY high recovery chance, and then waste it into an opportunity to get gimped. That mixed with a complete lack of good punishers against MK's laggier moves (such as a poorly executed glide attack, which begs for an usmash)... I just can't understand it. and I feel that the foxes of this community need to learn these mistakes and correct them... Otherwise, I would not be posting. I have absolutely nothing against Champ or Tyrant at all.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Light is moving up, yeah...but he still has a ways to go. I'm liking a lot of what he pulls, but am I the only one realizing that the Wolf was obviously playing around, committed two suicides, and a bad ending recovery?

Against Wolf, you really have to play a punishment game, and let him be more aggressive than you are. Felt like Light was running into an awful lot of stuff with predictable rolls and just overprioritized attacks

Please understand, I'm not saying this to be mean... just kind of a critique with hopes that maybe I'm seeing something you didn't, and you might get better because of it.
Thanks for your critique, but Wolf wasn't the only one who was "playing around." This was only one match out of like 10, 7 of which I won, and out of those 7, 3 I was playing defensively and 2-3 stocked him. Truth is, I don't find defensive play suitable for friendlies, but for tournament play I will definitely keep this advice in mind. Thank you.

crifer

Smash Lord
Whether or not Champ got gimped in this match is pretty irrelevant. I mean sure, if Champ just wanted to win this match, then ok... but that kind of play will get you killed VERY easily...
In the second match, as well, Champ gave up a high recovery because he was scared of the MK, and actually missed the firefox as a result.. I call that a gimp, so yeah. (at 0:47)

I expanded my post above to include more stuff...

What I'm basically saying is that the MK didn't play the match well at all...

It just bothered me when Champ would have a REALLY high recovery chance, and then waste it into an opportunity to get gimped. That mixed with a complete lack of good punishers against MK's laggier moves (such as a poorly executed glide attack, which begs for an usmash)... I just can't understand it. and I feel that the foxes of this community need to learn these mistakes and correct them... Otherwise, I would not be posting. I have absolutely nothing against Champ or Tyrant at all.
ok in the second match you are right.
I watched it again and realize what you mean. Good example thx

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Thanks for your critique, but Wolf wasn't the only one who was "playing around." This was only one match out of like 10, 7 of which I won, and out of those 7, 3 I was playing defensively and 2-3 stocked him. Truth is, I don't find defensive play suitable for friendlies, but for tournament play I will definitely keep this advice in mind. Thank you.
Yeah man. any friendly has to be taken as kind of a template of how the player will really play in practice... and I can understand that.

You're doing well, Light.

shadowfox009

Smash Cadet
pretty sweet vids. man i need to find someway to get my matches up there. sooner or later i hope i 'll be rockin with the rest of you fox mainers in here. even without any vids i've been trying to give some Fox data, footage would really help with trying to prove things. maybe i can hit on of you guys up on WiFi some time. i'm pretty good with Fox imo but i could still use some polish.

Thanks for the Vids guys.

Top Bottom