• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fox Video & Critique Thread - READ OP.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Those were great matches, you're really good. Love the fast fall bair you used against rob in video 2.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Updated!

You know what guys? I am really proud of you all. I honestly am so happy from all the videos posted, and the advancements in our game. Keep up the good work!

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I TOLD YOU GUYS FTILT WAS GOOD.

Yeah, use it to space and box.

Also, Rookie, I love your use of jab frametraps.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
For Excel:

Match 2, because it's the only one that finishes and time matches are dumb.

0:12 - The whole short hop double lasers thing? You're missing the short hop part.

0:22 - Tell your Falco friend to stop dashing to get the chaingrab; he's going to trip one day.

0:26 - What was the Utilt for? You pushed him way too far from the hitbox with Nair.

0:33 - Instead of punishing (with Utilt or whatnot), you jumped.

0:43 - What the heck? Grab->Phantasm is obviously the best combo ever.

0:50 - Bad DI; momentum cancel with Uair.

0:54 - Pay more attention. Especially since you're at death percents.

0:57 - Bad spacing. You jumped into the Bair.

1:09 - Stop throwing out Utilt randomly!

1:21 - Watch your positioning. You jumped into the Dair.

1:37 - Why stay in the middle of the stage if he's on the ledge? You're giving up any chance at "okizeme." (Brawl doesn't really have those kind of wakeup games, but it all goes back to positioning and spacing.)

2:12 - Bad (or almost no) DI. You went straight up. That Utilt is two hits, so even if you don't DI in the correct direction, at least DI - it's good practice to be able to do that on reaction.

2:20 - SHORT HOP double laser. Also, why do you sit in your shield when he's half a screen away? You can react to lasers, and it's not like he has anything that can reach that far.

2:35 - Random Usmash.

2:38 - Why did you Dair? You knew he was waiting for the grab.

2:52 - Extra laser when you landed.

1) Be more technical. More DI, better DI. Just keep doing it. SHDL. Spend 5 minutes a day practicing tech skill if you need to.

2) Think more. You're doing a lot of things that don't make sense. I know they're just friendlies, but you should be constantly thinking about your next move. What's your victory plan? What are you going to do to get there? (P.S. It's not sit in your shield while he's halfway across the screen. =P)

3) You don't have enough short hops. At all. Fix that. You keep fullhopping, which makes it very difficult for you to apply pressure.

4) Stop throwing out Utilt randomly. There are lots of times when you use it and Falco is nowhere near you.

5) Keep practicing. Go back to the basics, and just keep playing.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
For Excel:

Match 2, because it's the only one that finishes and time matches are dumb.

0:12 - The whole short hop double lasers thing? You're missing the short hop part.

0:22 - Tell your Falco friend to stop dashing to get the chaingrab; he's going to trip one day.

0:26 - What was the Utilt for? You pushed him way too far from the hitbox with Nair.

0:33 - Instead of punishing (with Utilt or whatnot), you jumped.

0:43 - What the heck? Grab->Phantasm is obviously the best combo ever.

0:50 - Bad DI; momentum cancel with Uair.

0:54 - Pay more attention. Especially since you're at death percents.

0:57 - Bad spacing. You jumped into the Bair.

1:09 - Stop throwing out Utilt randomly!

1:21 - Watch your positioning. You jumped into the Dair.

1:37 - Why stay in the middle of the stage if he's on the ledge? You're giving up any chance at "okizeme." (Brawl doesn't really have those kind of wakeup games, but it all goes back to positioning and spacing.)

2:12 - Bad (or almost no) DI. You went straight up. That Utilt is two hits, so even if you don't DI in the correct direction, at least DI - it's good practice to be able to do that on reaction.

2:20 - SHORT HOP double laser. Also, why do you sit in your shield when he's half a screen away? You can react to lasers, and it's not like he has anything that can reach that far.

2:35 - Random Usmash.

2:38 - Why did you Dair? You knew he was waiting for the grab.

2:52 - Extra laser when you landed.

1) Be more technical. More DI, better DI. Just keep doing it. SHDL. Spend 5 minutes a day practicing tech skill if you need to.

2) Think more. You're doing a lot of things that don't make sense. I know they're just friendlies, but you should be constantly thinking about your next move. What's your victory plan? What are you going to do to get there? (P.S. It's not sit in your shield while he's halfway across the screen. =P)

3) You don't have enough short hops. At all. Fix that. You keep fullhopping, which makes it very difficult for you to apply pressure.

4) Stop throwing out Utilt randomly. There are lots of times when you use it and Falco is nowhere near you.

5) Keep practicing. Go back to the basics, and just keep playing.

Random up smash was supposed to be a boost pivot grab. my finger slipped. I need to quit failing at playing Fox.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
What I do like - double jab.

What I don't like - Dair Dair Dair Dair Dair Dair Dair Dair.

I'm surprised Olimar didn't punish you more. I'd say you still have a ways to go from being the best Fox, but it's decent.

P.S. Stop rolling.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty4Jf8GbRt8
Me vs sync a ness. idk if theres anything to critique, hes really good though, he beat my mk, lol.

The main thing I wanted to bring up which I think I discovered (maybe not but I never see people do it), is when you jump off the map and illusion back, it combos into utilt. I do this all the time because they always are going to follow you partially to the edge, then you just illusion back on just above the ground to get no lag, and combo them.

you can discuss if you want but just add it to the front page.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
OMFG! You suck! I am taking all your videos down now!

♥Bobert!

I enjoyed it. I like the texture hax.

I'll update the thread.

EDIT: Updated. Lulz at me moving my videos to the top of the list, and I finally added some of my older videos from about two months ago to the thread.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lol the jump shine is so hard to do.... question can it even be done without putting specials on c-stick?

Zhamy

Smash Champion
WTF A SHEIK PLAYER

I'm going to watch this.

EDIT: Alright, that Sheik was pretty bad. Still good stuff, though.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
who was it that asked how fast you can counter attack out of a power shield, cause that first match answers it.

powershield shieks F-tilt and counter with up-smash before the next one hits.

thats pretty fast. dont ya think.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
who was it that asked how fast you can counter attack out of a power shield, cause that first match answers it.

powershield shieks F-tilt and counter with up-smash before the next one hits.

thats pretty fast. dont ya think.
Unfortunately, you can only do that before 30%.

Also, NKB. Your Fox is better than it was before. But you still can't DI, and I saw like...no lasers. WTF.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Unfortunately, you can only do that before 30%.

Also, NKB. Your Fox is better than it was before. But you still can't DI, and I saw like...no lasers. WTF.
O yeah, YOU! can't DI!

I can, it's just I DI wrong sometimes. For some reason when I play on the ladder I don't use lasers because the lag messes me up, so when I try to play an offline style of play, I tend to forget about lasers.

=3.

Zhamy is top tier.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
O yeah, YOU! can't DI!

I can, it's just I DI wrong sometimes. For some reason when I play on the ladder I don't use lasers because the lag messes me up, so when I try to play an offline style of play, I tend to forget about lasers.

=3.

Zhamy is top tier.
Perfect example of why i dont play wifi fox anymore, if i want to play fox i just fight MK and Snake Nasty CPU's, wifi i'll play whomever my opponent wants me to play, but i really love Ganon

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Remember, fox has a lot of situational combos so the possibilities are endless....but you guys already knew that...

Top Bottom