• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Fantastic* Link General Discussion thread! *Now with chat room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deva

Smash Lord
I'll be going to a pretty large regional tournament next weekend, I'll try to get some matches uploaded on norfair if everyone doesnt ban the stage against me. It's honestly getting really annoying when someone I've never played before in my life bans that stage against me. Also, imo Norfair is Link's best stage. That doesnt mean it's good for everyone. It might just be something about the way I play on the stage. Dont cp norfair just because I say so, it's just a suggestion. Go with whatever you play your best on.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
Dont cp norfair just because I say so, it's just a suggestion. Go with whatever you play your best on.
couldnt be said any better i think, personally Smashville and and the wonkey yoshi isand map is my favourite, mainly because i just like the flat stages with a platform

and sasook, would you be able to give me a list on what you're covering in the video?

Deva

Smash Lord
Dont cp a stage just because you like it though, cp the stage you play best on. Sometimes they coincide, sometimes they dont.

sasook

Smash Champion
Anyone have any special requests? Like "oh yeah include how to..." or something? Because if not, my videos just about ready.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I'll be going to a pretty large regional tournament next weekend, I'll try to get some matches uploaded on norfair if everyone doesnt ban the stage against me.
Noice. Get matches even if they do ban Norfair :p

Hue

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is widely known, but on a flat stage a jump from the ledge > double jump > rising Dair autocancels every time if you don't fastfall. As Dair has such good priority and normally has so much lag, people will often not try to attack you, but instead wait until you land, at which point you can hit them with a Dsmash or whatever. Note this is not something to spam, but it's a useful mindgame to use occasionally.

sasook

Smash Champion
Hue, I've seen Deva do that a lot.

And please, somebody tell me if they want something included, please. Otherwise, I can upload it.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I propose we have a epic link 4 for all throughout the night everyone playing in groups and switching

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
2v2 matches in the Link Chat Room again? I'm always down for those. They're too much fun to pass up. Haha :)

Me and Ritch did well together last time; if we play again perhaps I can team with sasook or Finns? :]

sasook

Smash Champion
2v2 matches in the Link Chat Room again? I'm always down for those. They're too much fun to pass up. Haha :)

Me and Ritch did well together last time; if we play again perhaps I can team with sasook or Finns? :]
lol me? Nooo definitely not. Teaming with me is like Deva and Kamaji or whatever his name was xD, I'm just horrible at teams. Once I teamed with another Link, and he held the opponent in a grab for the finish so I could land a dair, and I ended up dairing him instead.

Anyone have any requests? I'm gonna stop asking soon, so speak now.

sasook

Smash Champion
T_T

I don't have a mic at all, and audio instructions wouldn't go well with music either. I'm curious though, how would voice instruction help more?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Merry Christmas to all our friends in Chile and Paraguay (in about 5 minutes)

sasook

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas everyone, I'm leaving for vacation in about an hour and a half from now, and won't be returning til January 1st. So don't expect any posts from me xD, happy holidays.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Ritch, the CF vs Link match you requested forever ago is being uploaded onto Youtube right now. I will make sure to post it here as soon as it is ready.

Until then laugh at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-om1FhTBY8A&feature=channel_page
And this as well, brought to us by the magnificent Akbar (I still haven't figured out who you are Akbar): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WK-45vBWT4&feature=channel_page

K, here's the CF vs Link vid (processing as I post, be ready in about two minutes): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3w5KWoq0M

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
hahahha. I change my name online like a mofo. I'm Admiral Akbar LOL. That match is funny as hell that I had to share it with everyone on my list lol.
You OK with me keeping that match online? And if I may ask, what on earth were you doing to synchronize yourselves? Yelling "PUNCH NOW! ROLL! ROLL! ROLL! JUMP PUNCH!!!" or something?

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
lol I was the Ganon in that. My friend was using the Capn. Idk how he did it but it was so hilarious I had to save it. It was on WiFi so everytime he taunted you'd see 3 message bubbles go over Captain Falcons head that said "Show me ya Moves!" lol

I don't mind if you have it online :p

Finns7

Smash Ace
I was going to ask u about that, I was like who the hell is akbar? lol XD

Oddler you got hax on ur wii

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I was going to ask u about that, I was like who the hell is akbar? lol XD

Oddler you got hax on ur wii
XD
Anytime you wonder "Wtf Who the hell is _____". It's me :)

Anyone going to Genesis...in 7 months lol? It's 35 minute away from where I live...If nothing comes up in 7 months I invite anyone to stay at my apartment complex that my dad owns. If there's vacancies in 7 months I'll let other people have free stay/food for a week. (Link Mains only)

D

Deleted member

i'll be living in norcal in may so me not going to genesis is not an option

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Dude Oddler, i might just take up that offer if it's alright. I live a few hours away since I'm in SoCal. But of course, if others from out-of-state need it, priority goes to them. Thanks so much for the offer though. :D

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
We seriously must have the coolest group of people in the Link forums.
I dont know of any other Character forum that would get together like this for a tournament.

I love you guys inside <3
xD

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
If I don't see a little Link head Icon below your name too bad :p

I think it'd be kick *** to go to a tourney with hordes of some of the best Links in the world and tear it up. Depending on how many apartments are open is how many people can have free stay. It's in 7 months though so I can't predict anything now...I think it'll be so fun.

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
Hey Oddler, if I can somehow make it to tourney, Im gonna take that offer of yours. I dont know if Im gonna be able to take the days off from work and get an affordable ticket in my country, but taking out Hotel expenses would greatly incraese my chances of going.

Dont mind the Roy icon, Im a proud Link main, its just there for nostalgia.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
So, uh. How long did it take you guys to finish the first Legend of Zelda?
For those of you who have played it, that is.

Just downloaded it recently.

So, uh. How long did it take you guys to finish the first Legend of Zelda?
For those of you who have played it, that is.

Just downloaded it recently.
cant remember, but it sure took some time, being like not old at all and not very good at english when playing it the first time.

It is one epic adventure, also don´t haste through it, you miss so much if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom