• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Fantastic* Link General Discussion thread! *Now with chat room*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Deva's new avatar is awesome. I like the Christmas hat.
Ditto

Excuse my lack of activity recently guys. I've been having a hard time getting on between my brother hogging the other computer and my dad being on this one D: And smashboards on Wii sucks bawls lol

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Doodle is too good in that chat. Give Aura and Arkive mod powers plz.

Deva = MK

This is how it feels to be in the same state with Deva sometimes

But yes, Aura and Arkive for mods. Under their iron-fisted rule, we shall live happily ever after.

sasook

Smash Champion
ROOOOOOFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

"Ban him"

toooooooo gooooooooodddd XDDDDD

hahahahahahhhha ah man, i wish i was there to see that one

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I was working on a new sig but when I tried to export it as an animated .gif . . . it turned out looking like someone took a dump on metaknights face LOL. He looked so bad from the jacked up picture quality...I'm giving up on it. It was gonna be an animation of Link jab locking Metaknight back and forth across the stage but making it into a gif destroys all quality :ohwell:

Popertop

Smash Champion
I was working on a new sig but when I tried to export it as an animated .gif . . . it turned out looking like someone took a dump on metaknights face LOL. He looked so bad from the jacked up picture quality...I'm giving up on it. It was gonna be an animation of Link jab locking Metaknight back and forth across the stage but making it into a gif destroys all quality :ohwell:

that would be waaay too good.
you could do a little video of one perhaps?
I would really like to see that.

Deva

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot Ich, I'll definately look into that. My tournament placings, general understanding of my character's matchup to other characters at the competitive level, and general pioneering of my character's metagame itself should give me a pretty good chance of a spot in the SBR, not to mention Link is very underplayed competitively as it is so there arent too many options for a player to fill that position in the SBR as it is.

Also, I lold so hard at the doodles, they were too good, I should get in that chat with you guys sometime.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Thanks a lot Ich, I'll definately look into that. My tournament placings, general understanding of my character's matchup to other characters at the competitive level, and general pioneering of my character's metagame itself should give me a pretty good chance of a spot in the SBR, not to mention Link is very underplayed competitively as it is so there arent too many options for a player to fill that position in the SBR as it is.

Also, I lold so hard at the doodles, they were too good, I should get in that chat with you guys sometime.
i have something for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kostmjj1rvc&feature=channel_page

=D

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, I say your combo vid on the melee Link boards, it was good stuff. A lot of creative/ awesome combos in there. These are the Brawl boards though so I'll post more about it in the melee boards for ya.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah, I say your combo vid on the melee Link boards, it was good stuff. A lot of creative/ awesome combos in there. These are the Brawl boards though so I'll post more about it in the melee boards for ya.
ops kinda forgot I just usualy click my subcribe threads and I dont know which boards theyre in. sorry about that, brawlers. :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
ops kinda forgot I just usualy click my subcribe threads and I dont know which boards theyre in. sorry about that, brawlers. :)
Doesn't matter. It's still an awesome combo vid nonetheless.

And you used RED Link. That officially makes me happy.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm requesting more videos of ownage on Norfair. I really need to learn how to play that stage, I'm terrible at it.

I have a norfair ownage to post against a sucky fox, freindly though, you will see it as soon anonano gets his christmas presents :)

besides is there somebody who knows what these points when Im sending vids with my wii come from?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I have a norfair ownage to post against a sucky fox, freindly though, you will see it as soon anonano gets his christmas presents :)

besides is there somebody who knows what these points when Im sending vids with my wii come from?
It's Wii Points, like the ones you buy games like OoT on the Wii from. You start with 20 and then overnight it aumatically restocks to 20 again.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Gold>Red....red is so dull....gold is so bright :D
Gold is my second fav... but let me tell you, Red>Gold. :laugh:

Also sending stuff via WiFi is krap, you have to get Wii and Brawl codes, register as friends (be on at the same time to do so) and THEN it costs Wii points, which is purely annoying because they don't make any money off of me and I have to wait 24 hours to send the next batch.

sasook

Smash Champion
Gold is so overrated >_>

The only gold users who deserve their gold status on wifi and irl, are Ritch and Izaw, respectively.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
It's weird...I use to use Gold Link before I saw ,what now is, the most famous Link user (Izaw) use it...I was like...whoa that's HIS color. It feels like only he can use that color for some reason...doesn't matter...Green is where it's at.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Gold is my second fav... but let me tell you, Gold>Red. :laugh:

Also sending stuff via WiFi is krap, you have to get Wii and Brawl codes, register as friends (be on at the same time to do so) and THEN it costs Wii points, which is purely annoying because they don't make any money off of me and I have to wait 24 hours to send the next batch.
Fixed.
Gold is so overrated >_>

The only gold users who deserve their gold status on wifi and irl, are Ritch,Izaw and Zezima respectively.
Gold is not overrated...well actully kinda.

Why must i fix everyone's posts today?

sasook

Smash Champion
Your fix on my post makes no sense, just so you know. You can't have 3 users respective to only 2 traits.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Gold is so overrated >_>

The only gold users who deserve their gold status on wifi and irl, are Ritch and Izaw, respectively.
HOw dare you?! I will defend my gold status to the death.

And as for Gold being overrated, I'll take our glorious golden tunic to the rags you greenies wear any day. :@

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Way to stuff @ in your mouth. ;)

Zezima must fix everyone's posts so that he can exist in the alternate reality where gold is better than red, he ranks alongside Izaw, etc, etc. :@ ;)

Sorry Ich and Zezima, gold is good, but red is incomparably awesome. Green is good too, I just prefer gold before green.

My preference:
1. Red
2. Gold
3. White (See Swordplay's sig if you think it is lavender)
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Black

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Now you dun did it. This is becoming racist. :laugh:
lololl...well I just want to make sure you guys know your place. XD

@Anonano: Yeah i used to main red link in melee, back when red was red and men where men. Now I wouldn't call that red as much as a reddish pink. so......

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I think I should stop playing Wi-Fi...it's totally messing up my Offline play :(

That little bit of delay even on a perfect connection is driving me nuts :(

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Eh i agree with Blu Link blue is most overrated...but most for sure if not the worst color...no its not the worst...white...is...white is just to overused...you know it's funny...the pro's use gold color...the noobs use black color and the average use blue..at least that is in my opinion but it's not like my opnion matterz anyways :p

GOLD>ALL nuff said.

EDIT: My list.

1. Gold
2. Blue
3. Red
4. Black
5. Green
6. White

sasook

Smash Champion
*GASP* Why not? It seems to work for me.
By using the term respectively, it implies that the 2 listed pertain to the 2 listed before. So by the statement "wifi and irl, Ritch and Izaw, respectively" it means Ritch pertains to wifi and Izaw pertains to irl. If you throw yourself in there, what do you pertain to? There's no trait there that exists, and therefore your fix doesn't make sense.

My preference:
1. Red
2. Gold
3. White (See Swordplay's sig if you think it is lavender)
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Black
Arkive's gonna verbally assault you.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
By using the term respectively, it implies that the 2 listed pertain to the 2 listed before. So by the statement "wifi and irl, Ritch and Izaw, respectively" it means Ritch pertains to wifi and Izaw pertains to irl. If you throw yourself in there, what do you pertain to? There's no trait there that exists, and therefore your fix doesn't make sense.

Arkive's gonna verbally assault you.
Oh. Well...In my case I would be the guy who does both. So technically it does work. Kinda. :p

Arkive can be that mean....can he? O_O

sasook

Smash Champion
Probably something along the lines of "any scrub who thinks dark link is the worst color better get the (insert curse) off my boards." Of course, he's never serious about it, we all know he's just kidding, and yet his words leave an impact. Lol, he's just that good. He is the man of the Link boards.

Seriously Arkive, you are THE man.

Now I have a question about the music for my tutorial. I want it to be technoey, and I got it narrowed down to these 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1V9FjJsAPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCoZi3WA7CQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2yT-X3sdc

Please no comments like "ew i hate that singer, don't use that one." I'm strictly concerned about the music, I couldn't care less where and who it came from.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Probably something along the lines of "any scrub who thinks dark link is the worst color better get the (insert curse) off my boards." Of course, he's never serious about it, we all know he's just kidding, and yet his words leave an impact. Lol, he's just that good. He is the man of the Link boards.

Seriously Arkive, you are THE man.

Now I have a question about the music for my tutorial. I want it to be technoey, and I got it narrowed down to these 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1V9FjJsAPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCoZi3WA7CQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa2yT-X3sdc

Please no comments like "ew i hate that singer, don't use that one." I'm strictly concerned about the music, I couldn't care less where and who it came from.
O_O Whoa...you kinda got me their...i'm actully kinda scared of him now.

sasook

Smash Champion
xD don't be afraid of him, he's a really nice guy, who sometimes says things with authority when necessary. He's like the commanding version of Deva (lol no offense Deva, but you're too nice).

D

Deleted member

Probably something along the lines of "any scrub who thinks dark link is the worst color better get the (insert curse) off my boards."
couldn't have said it better myself

sasook is beast

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
xD don't be afraid of him, he's a really nice guy, who sometimes says things with authority when necessary. He's like the commanding version of Deva (lol no offense Deva, but you're too nice).
really eh? Deva is nice also?! He never talks though. -_.

sasook

Smash Champion
Do any of you have certain requests about this tutorial video that you want me to include? Because if not, it's just about ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom