• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Arcade

Smash Ace
Looks like you'll have to make some autovoters then... a lot of them. GFAQs is full of Squeenix fanboys so you'll have to show them who the real man is in the video gaming realm.

For crap's sake Cloud dressed up as a girl to get into bed with some ugly fat guy.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Excuse me, Falcon mains, just came in to see if you would mind helping with a discuzam, you see, over at the Kirby boards, we (me and NKN) ran out of things to talk about in the KG Discuzam, and have decided to discuz Captain Falcon's epicness. Seriously, there's nothing to talk about anymore.

Link for those interested: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9682021#post9682021

P.S. :090: Falcon LULZ :090:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
5 AM and I'm posting Cpt. Falcon related stuff on the Kirby boards.

God, what have I done with my life?

Iwan

Smash Ace
any of you guys repping falcon at MLG? :D
I REAAALLLY want to go to Orlando, but it really depends on the money I have at that point. I could start saving now and probably have more than enough, but I'm not going to save just enough money to go and have fun blowing every penny I save up.....rofl.

I'm most definitely going to columbus though. It's not far from VA, and I have legit housing in OH, so things look really good for that.

And yes, I'm going all falcon.

It's funny lol...I haven't played this game in MONTHS (I've been playing magic: the gathering and street fighter 4 competitively for the last 6 months or so to good results/money on the side of my job), but now that MLG put brawl on the circuit, I'm SO excited to get back into brawl. And it's not the opportunity for money or recognition or anything; lets face it, I'm not going to win MLG orlando/columbus :p lol, but I've been to 4 MLG events in the past, and they were all THE ABSOLUTE best tournaments I've ever been to. Period. They're so much fun and the energy there that you feed off of actually makes you play better and more focused as well as making the competition tougher.

On top of all of this, I picked up the game again 2 days ago for the first time in 9 months (wow...it's been 9 months), and I actually play better than I ever have in my life. :|

I think SF4 helped my playstyle a bit, honestly. I main Blanka, and I turtle the f*** out of people lol.....but i've won 4 tournaments in my area and placed 2nd in 5 more, and picking up falcon and brawl again, along with watching newer videos of falcon (be it ally or Lionman), I've adapted to what seems to be a new playstyle for falcon, and it sort of reminds me of blanka from SF4, which is awesome because I'm so accustomed to that playstyle.

Luul the opponent to sleep by turtling some, staying away and playing sort of hit and run/playing like a b****...and at any opportunity you get, go extremely agressive for 3-4 seconds.

Then go back to being passive.

Falcon's grab game is also something that I've always felt was underrated, even by me. I thought it was solid, but really......it's pretty good. Not because of his range (bad), but because falcon has great physics that allow him to do a number of follow ups after throwing your opponent. It's never really gauranteed, but if you know in the slightest what you're doing then more often than not you can put together some really nice damage off of grabs with Captain Falcon.

I haven't played in 9 months.

I really like where falcon's gone in the last 9 months as far as progression goes, and I have all of you guys here to thank for working so hard and doing so much research....and of course I should thank ally, for making people think outside the box a little with the success he's seen with falcon.

Now all I want is for Isai to come out of retirement and main falcon in brawl for MLG. He didn't even really like melee but played for the money/friends.....maybe he'll do the same for brawl. I think he could play at a high level with falcon, honestly. Then again, maybe he would just use a higher tier character.

Anyway, I hope I see some of you guys at MLG Columbus! :D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Now all I want is for Isai to come out of retirement and main falcon in brawl for MLG. He didn't even really like melee but played for the money/friends.....maybe he'll do the same for brawl. I think he could play at a high level with falcon, honestly. Then again, maybe he would just use a higher tier character.

Anyway, I hope I see some of you guys at MLG Columbus! :D
Isai has come out of retirement and is currently playing Melee with training off of Scar I believe. Someone should try and convince him to play Brawl lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Iwan, whoa. That's EXACTLY what I said to myself today, because I was torn apart at today's bi-weekly. I mean, I got 3rd place out of 6 people, but at the last matches I was *****.

I realized that I really need to play more defensively with Falcon. Punishing is key. You're completely right.

I bow before you

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dude guys, I'm pulling off the Gentleman cancel in friendlies. My friends and I all agree it's seriously good.

This **** is definite proof he's not bottom tier, and that Falcon in fact has the best Jab in the game.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Dude guys, I'm pulling off the Gentleman cancel in friendlies. My friends and I all agree it's seriously good.

This **** is definite proof he's not bottom tier, and that Falcon in fact has the best Jab in the game.
his jab is good

but the best?

bull****

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Snake, ZSS, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Squirtle, Ike.

Falcon's is probably the most useful because it's something that his metagame relies heavily on. But those characters definantly have jabs useful in equal magnitude.

ZSS and Squirtle for speed.
Snake for knockback.
Peach, Fox and Luigi for follow ups.
Ike for jab locking.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Yeah, you forgot Falco, Darky!

Anyone else notice that there have been like 8 people viewing the Falcon boards at a time now? And good to see you back, Darx,

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
There's some others I'd include too, but Falco's grab game doesn't really compare to how useful those are.

It's still pretty f***ing good though.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Yeah, you forgot Falco, Darky!

Anyone else notice that there have been like 8 people viewing the Falcon boards at a time now? And good to see you back, Darx,
thanks. glad to be back.
although i never talked to you directly, i remember you dude

There's some others I'd include too, but Falco's grab game doesn't really compare to how useful those are.

It's still pretty f***ing good though.
IMO falcos jab is pretty up there

just cause of the fact that it can easily lead into a succesful grab
and thats bad

Arcade

Smash Ace
IMO Link's jab is pretty good too, it does nice damage and can be jab cancelled into dsmash/utilt on lighter characters pretty well. And it has lots of range so it's easy to jab lock (something that Link has good set ups for).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Snake, ZSS, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Squirtle, Ike.

Falcon's is probably the most useful because it's something that his metagame relies heavily on. But those characters definantly have jabs useful in equal magnitude.

ZSS and Squirtle for speed.
Snake for knockback.
Peach, Fox and Luigi for follow ups.
Ike for jab locking.
Falcon's does a better Jab lock than Ike's. One that racks up damage a lot faster and actually has the hitstun for training mode to register it as a combo (at specific percents, but still).

So yeah guys do the Gentleman cancel. Does 11 damage fresh and combos back into Jab1 again. 2 Gentleman cancels -> 2 jabs -> Grab -> throw does over 30 damage.

And then you keep in mind that Falcon's throws actually can lead to aerials.

Top Bottom