• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Hello there,Falcon Social :D
First time being here and first I want to say something about our beloved Captain (it isn't meant personally so please don't Falcon PAWWNCH me):

I personally hate the way how most of Falcon's attack's priority is defined as generally low. I've read that the jab should be his attack with the highest,I mean what the ****.

I know there can be started good comcos with the jab,like cancelling it,then followed by a grab and an u-throw and finally trying to hit with uAir (which mostly doesn't work for me,maybe I'm just to slow to jump and hit the enemy before he dodges),but I'm just wondering there are some attacks left with a rather good priority or generally good attacks to use against high-priority chars...

Oh,and I love CF x3

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Up tilt and Raptor Boost have two of the highest priority next to the jab. Fastfalling the First Hit of Neutral Air is one of the best attacks for legit combo starting. It leads into many inescapable combos on the entire cast.

Also, welcome.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
HyperGumba perhaps you should learn how to jump fast with Captain Falcon. His air game is actually pretty good, his ground game mostly sucks though.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
^

Our air game makes up for our poor ground game.
Hyes. I love to dash attack,but Falcon's Dash sucks,as most of his smashes and tilts do. Gotta love his aerials. (Falcon f*****g knee of JUSTICE x3 )

Oh,and when we talk about fast jumping,it should be as near as frame perfect,so the enemy can't dodge,right?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Just working on your air game overall. Using aerials right when you jump, fastfalling with the aerials, auto canceling them into other grounded attacks that can't be avoided. There's a lot of options Falcon has just by mixing up his air game with his ground game.

Which is why Falcon is amazing. <3

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Holy crap that... was an amazing match. Ending with a Falcon Punch!? WHOA.

You have my respect, yosh. I mean, YESH!

Oh by the way guys, my new controller arrived and guess what, I beat a very skilled Falco main. I still can't believe it, lol.

I wish the matches didn't go for more than 3 minutes, I would have been able to save them ;_; my moment of glory lost... forever.
Get replay hacks, if you want a .gct I can hook you up.

Up tilt and Raptor Boost have two of the highest priority next to the jab. Fastfalling the First Hit of Neutral Air is one of the best attacks for legit combo starting. It leads into many inescapable combos on the entire cast.

Also, welcome.
Raptor Boost has balls priority, even FK has more priority than that.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The main reason I spam it is because it cancels so quickly if it clashes or hits. Almost no cooldown time. Which is the ONLY reason that I abuse it, other than the fact it puts the opponent directly above you. Falcon Kick has decent priority as well -- oh, and Falcon's smashes too.

Downsmash > MK's Tornado.

But that's more along the lines of spacing it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Also, welcome.
Raptor Boost has no priority because the uppercut actually has startup meaning that you can throw out an attack that will hit Falcon before he manages to raise his fist.

And the reward on the move is pretty balls, you'll do more damage and get more desirable setups from using grabs. Plus, you can't use this move against an opponent near the edge or if they spotdodge, you die.

The only legit use I can think of for the Raptor Boost is occasionally punishing some approaches by B-reversing Raptor Boost out of dash which is kinda like really bad pivot grabbing (oh yeah and Falcon's pivot grab is bad lol), and it's still horrible. The Falcon Kick and Grabs and even Dash attack usually can do what this attack can do but better.

How much do you guys Up-B out of shield? My friend does this a lot, and I must say, it's really quite good actually. It would be godlike if it started up a little faster, but it has good range, can deter crossovers, and does a lot of damage, and it has the potential to kill at high percents. It's not outrageously punishable on stage either since you get a decent amount of mobility throughout the majority of the move.

Now if only it wasn't so godawful for recovery. And I must say, the RCO lag on it really really annoys me due to how hard it is to space N-airs correctly.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
@A2ZOMG : the best use I found to raptor boost is punishing people that try to put some space between you. When you see them running/rolling/floating away because you invaded their personal bubble just do it, it works wonders.

Else it doesn't have many uses, and should never be used to recover.

Also I'll try up B OOS, it seems legit.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
AAWW MAN. :(((
well cool knowin you crazy dudes. im gonna get back into brawl.. one day. you'll see.

Mit

Smash Ace
Up-B
Now if only it wasn't so godawful for recovery
wut. I think pretty much every Falcon main would disagree with you on that one. Up-B has huge range, tons of mobility, and you can almost always find a way to avoid edgeguards when using it. The only problem I seem to run into is Meta Knight's dair. Everyone else I can bait their edgeguard one way and recover another (like going halfway under the entire stage and still up-B'ing to the top of the stage).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Lionman this is so beautiful, I'm crying manly tears of joy.
And the funniest thing is that the lady pronounces "hero" so that it sounds like "yesz".

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I play Brawl... and Melee... but wait! There's more! I play Smash 64.

Ya, there's no holding back for me. I don't understand why so many people choose to play one, exclusive game as though it were a prescription. Just play them all.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
lmfao. Too good, Lionman.

Raptor Boost is good for shield pressuring. If it hits a shield, you can buffer a jab right when they drop it or try to hit you. They can roll or spot dodge, but you won't get hit because their animation will be ending around the same time your missing animation cools down.

Jab Cancel -> Reverse Stutterstep Raptor Boost is sexy too, btw.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I thought I'd post this message I sent to a fellow Falcon main. It later dawned on me that I brought up some interesting points. :

"I like your style. Maining high tiers is weak anyway.

But tiers don't mean much when you consider how many specific circumstances they've been created under.

1. Limited stage choices
2. No items
3. Exploits and glitches that are used (and sadly will never be patched because it's Nintendo :ohwell:)
4. Mainly based on 1 vs 1s
5. Affected by character popularity/amount of rep at tourneys
6. Based on low stocked or timed matches
7. Initial opinions leftover from the release of the game

If you strip away any one of these factors, the tier lists suddenly become less accurate or believable."

Allow me to find my flame shield to protect myself from those who take this too seriously.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Actually I found a most delightful use for the Raptor Boost on Brinstar.

The destructible terrain (particularly the bit in the middle) allows you to spam the uppercut repeatedly. The uppercut does not actually touch the globlike terrain in the middle, meaning you can do this AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.

It's a hilarious and useful way to anti-air stuff.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
You beat a random top tier player, Gz.

The last kill vs DDD was like: Hey you suck im going to send you to the deep of the sea because you smell

Happy Birthday
You seem jealous.

Very nice. Though you couldve won even faster if you abused grab release->Hyphen smash against MK.

But, again, Very nice.

Moves have been shown.

Top Bottom