• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
As for the Ike and Falcon thing, I think people use Ike more than Falcon is due to learning curbs. Ike is pretty easy to use, smash this, AC that, FAir this, try to recover. Falcon needs to use more of a mind-reading strategy to predict mistakes and punish them.
Ike is the very definition of a n00b character. He has a few abuseable strategies (Jabs and spaced F-airs) and has little other actual depth outside of those few basic strategies.

Falcon is a much more difficult character to understand and play, and partly due to the rather inconvenient placement of his hitboxes in general, but his mobility and setups by far are in a class that exceeds what Ike is able to do.

Falcon's Jab cancel to grab works about as reliably and does comparable damage to Ike's Jab cancels to grabs, only Falcon has a significantly better mixup game for actually connecting a move off of a throw.

Aside from the obvious inconvenient priority problem Falcon's recovery is also a bit worse, but I think he's clearly the better character on stage, and when it comes to actually edgeguarding, he does a bit better at that too since he's allowed to use more than one aerial attack offstage at a time.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Ike is simply one of those characters that lack any real potential. You have to base yourself solely on predicting your opponent to even do ANYTHING with him. Personally, I believe GANONDORF has more potential than Ike.

The main thing Ike has going for him is the jab, the super armor and the overpowered attacks that can be abused with spacing. More or less, he's not hard to get around.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
But his mobility and setups by far are in a class that exceeds what Ike is able to do.
Isn't that a bit of an under statement? Captain Falcon was designed with mobility in mind. If you're not moving with him, you're doing something wrong.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
U-tilt isn't that laggy, but it does start up slowly.

Falcon's main problem besides bad recovery is lacking any really really solid way to get a kill.

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
I personally hate the way how most of Falcon's attack's priority is defined as generally low. I've read that the jab should be his attack with the highest,I mean what the ****.

I know there can be started good comcos with the jab,like cancelling it,then followed by a grab and an u-throw and finally trying to hit with uAir (which mostly doesn't work for me,maybe I'm just to slow to jump and hit the enemy before he dodges),but I'm just wondering there are some attacks left with a rather good priority or generally good attacks to use against high-priority chars...

Oh,and I love CF :chuckle:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, it's certainly not his Ftilt (either direction) or Dtilt.
Utilt usually clashes with other attacks used against Falcon directly on start up. Good range too.

Falcon is certainly the quickest character when it comes to general speed. Autocanceled aerials, extreme fastfalling, good mobility on the ground and in the air. You can buffer consistently with him in just about any situation when landing.

If you apply that to his platform pressure game, they won't even have a chance to lower their shield or they can get hit. Which is why Falcon is the sexiest character in the game. :/

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falcon's U-tilt starts hitting in front of him at like frame 17, which is slow. The frame 7 hitbox is only really good if they're on a platform, and if they're sitting idly on one of BF's platforms, you may as well try to SH autocancel Knee them (the autocanceled SH Knee sweetspots on people sitting on BF's platforms).

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
falcon has great mobility, but laggy attacks (utilt)
oh well, hopefully ssb4 would bring Falcon back to glory
Listing facts that favor your argument is a great way to get a point across. However, you neglected to list some of his fastest attacks including; Uair, Jab, Dash Attack, Nair, Bair, Ftilt and Up B.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I heard that Ally 3-0'd SilverDoc at a tourney in Grand Finals.

Using only Captain Falcon. Against his Meta Knight, Dedede, and Diddy.

GG LOL

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Listing facts that favor your argument is a great way to get a point across. However, you neglected to list some of his fastest attacks including; Uair, Jab, Dash Attack, Nair, Bair, Ftilt and Up B.
well yes Falcon does have several fast attacks but he also has several time consuming ones such as the Falcon Kick, DAir, Raptor Boost, and the Falcon punch.
I think it is better to say that Falcon's aerial game is better than his ground options when it comes to speed

At least we aren't cursed like :ganondorf: :laugh:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Hi Falcon social

First time posting here, I hope I'll be given a manly welcome.
Then how do you already have 99 posts?

Edit: sorry, It just dawned on me that you may be a first poster to the Falcon Boards not the whole site.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
well yes Falcon does have several fast attacks but he also has several time consuming ones such as the Falcon Kick, DAir, Raptor Boost, and the Falcon punch.
I think it is better to say that Falcon's aerial game is better than his ground options when it comes to speed

At least we aren't cursed like :ganondorf: :laugh:
lol It's all for the sake of balance. You're right. And his attacks NEED to be slow, otherwise we would have a fast, powerful, mobile, cheap character.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone have any miracle videos? (Matches between falcon and S tiers) I need inspiration 2 start using falcon again...

Player-3

Smash Hero
MW2 ANY1?
is knee to the second power still here? :O or P3. luv dem guys broo
yehz

yehz i am

and i have mw2

...................but while i was at my friends house my brother and his friends broke the mic

so now i'm attempting to fix it but all i can do is talk through it i can't hear LOL

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Holy crap that... was an amazing match. Ending with a Falcon Punch!? WHOA.

You have my respect, yosh. I mean, YESH!

Oh by the way guys, my new controller arrived and guess what, I beat a very skilled Falco main. I still can't believe it, lol.

I wish the matches didn't go for more than 3 minutes, I would have been able to save them ;_; my moment of glory lost... forever.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
yehz

yehz i am

and i have mw2

...................but while i was at my friends house my brother and his friends broke the mic

so now i'm attempting to fix it but all i can do is talk through it i can't hear LOL
your sig is hilarious haha, what system? PLZ SAY PS3

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
MW2 ANY1?
is knee to the second power still here? :O or P3. luv dem guys broo
I was fixing to say "hell yeah" until I read you played PS3.

yehz

yehz i am

and i have mw2

Good luck!11

your sig is hilarious haha, what system? PLZ SAY PS3
We both play on the 360.

Top Bottom