• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Crystal Caves - The Yoshi Social Thread

aMSa

Smash Rookie
PM Yoshi seems good^^ I want to play PM3.0 right now♪
And was Parrying still in lol?? That's very nice!

By the way,I have a few question.
・Can P.M Yoshi do horizontal-wavedash like Melee?
・Does P.M Yoshi have DJ landing?

I'm concerned about them><

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
I really don't like the look of Jump OoS. It takes away a lot of the charm with playing him in melee.
Don't mean to be a conservative cranky female dog, but that's how I feel about it. He could have become a really cool character even with that "flaw".

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
aMSa's going to be a dinosaur god after 3.0 comes out lol

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
PM Yoshi seems good^^ I want to play PM3.0 right now♪
And was Parrying still in lol?? That's very nice!

By the way,I have a few question.
・Can P.M Yoshi do horizontal-wavedash like Melee?
・Does P.M Yoshi have DJ landing?

I'm concerned about them><
Project M Yoshi still has Double Jump Landing like Melee/Brawl Yoshi has. What do you mean by horizontal wavedash? Do you mean just getting the largest distance out of a wavedash?

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Actually, they tweaked the Nair animation a bit so he sticks his foot further out like Melee, Brawls Nair his sole is more vertically aligned.
-snip-
Lol, dat hand placement. Anyway, from what I saw of Yoshi, he's looking really good (Including the video on twitch, If That's not supposed to be known about... Uhh... Sorry.) and I'm really hyped for him. Looks great!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Lol, dat hand placement. Anyway, from what I saw of Yoshi, he's looking really good (Including the video on twitch, If That's not supposed to be known about... Uhh... Sorry.) and I'm really hyped for him. Looks great!
I missed most of the stream yesterday, is there a link to any matches where Yoshi was used?
Edit: Nvm got it :bee:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Man I'm really looking forward to this character. I've always loved Yoshi but he's never had the spark that has made me had the motivation to use him competitively. This is really exciting. :D

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Having no upB recovery again...this, I'm not looking forward to.
You can try really hard and pull off an amazing combo off your opponent, they knock you out of your double jump and that's a stock :/

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I don't see what's wrong with Yoshi's recovery. If you're not mindlessly throwing out DJCs, you won't get hit out of your double jump.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Not only that, but side-b is now good for horizontal recovery. There's a possibility for mind games too.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Yeah, I just watched the Xanadu footage of GimR playing Yoshi. That Side-B looks is going to make recovering much easier.

Also, I'm wondering if Yoshi's light shield still has that silly sliding mechanic that it did in Melee. That was so funny.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yoshi looks pretty fun you guys... I honestly don't know how I feel about him just yet... I will be honest, I likely will NOT be playing P.M, as I wanna further my melee career, and i'm not talented enough to play multiple games... but glad to see Yoshi, at least (look) finished, and cool... hopefully, I like him, and other Yoshi's also :)

Nido

ily Sebby
Yoshi looks so fun to use.

He's the new character I'm most hype for, can't wait to use him.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
I like what i've seen from Yoshi, and I can't wait to play him. Let the DJC rain from the heavens!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Here's a thought and a question, but can Yoshi aim his neutral B? He could always direct his tongue in his games that it would be pretty cool if they'd implemented this into his PM incarnation. Of course, if it was a balance or technical issue, I can totally understand why it isn't there.

In the streams, I couldn't see anyone even using neutral B. Hence the question.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
In the streams, I couldn't see anyone even using neutral B. Hence the question.
Probably none of them are brawl Yoshi players.

If they keep Yoshi's neutral B exactly or betten than brawl it would be enough for the move,it's very useful in brawl already.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I played some Yoshi, Egg Lay has longer reach than it does in Brawl so it's definitely better. This Yoshi is pretty good since there are some Brawl techniques at his disposal. I'm assuming how high up the egg goes is based on the character's weight, because when I used it on Samus I couldn't get ANY followups, haha

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I played some Yoshi, Egg Lay has longer reach than it does in Brawl so it's definitely better. This Yoshi is pretty good since there are some Brawl techniques at his disposal. I'm assuming how high up the egg goes is based on the character's weight, because when I used it on Samus I couldn't get ANY followups, haha
Longer reach? Nice.

Is that because of her weight or because of how floaty she's supposed to be? I'd assume a character like Puff or Luigi would be just as hard to combo in egg as they are out of it.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
That's what I'm thinking, when I went to mess with Yoshi in Melee (Mostly to practice aiming eggs) Falco hardly left the ground but when I used it on Samus in M the Egg went up super high, before she even got out of it. Egg lay might just be like that for everyone, I didn't play too much (Though I'm excited to)

Also, Yoshi's grab game is so good in this, it might have more range than Brawl's too, so with Pivot grabs and JC grabs Yosh can apply some pretty real pressure. No more running grab, yay!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I cannot wait to get my hands on PM Yoshi. Between him, Kirby, and Icies, I'll have a lot of stuff to enjoy come December 9th.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
The first four(?) frames of Yoshi's shield are completely invulnerable. As I understand it, Parrying is just forcing an attack to whiff using a well-timed shield, and counterattacking.

In Melee, those frames were the only time that Yoshi could jump out of shield. In PM, he can jump whenever.

Top Bottom