• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Mario Matchup Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Go talk to BO X7 about it. He says it's even, and he's one of the best Mario/Peach/ROB users in the world.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Idk why you bring up ROB, that means nothing here. And I don't agree with his ratio on the match up being even. Also I have need seen or heard any tourny results with him using Peach to take his word with how Peach can handle Mario. He is not one of the top Peach players in the country. I may come off as mean but I don't care anymore. Being nice gets you no where. His Mario I can look at a different way than his Peach and can say he is one of the top with him. But Not with Peach.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
*smacks Scorptile on the hand*

Bad Scorptile. BAAAD Scorptile! You forgot to tell BOTH sides of the matchup. I'll let you correct your mistake, but this is the LAST time!
*Whimpers and cries in time-out corner*

Let's see, Mario's side...

Good OoS options, USmash/UpB both work well on float camping, UAir too. FIHL is actually good here from my experience, as Peach suffers pretty nasty lag on a few moves from it (upB especially). His Jab is also really good defensively here, as Peach likes to crowd Mario for big 'combo' chains. 2 frame jab helps stop those shenanigans.

Mario kills earlier, and stutterstep fsmash outspaces and punishes just about anything Peach can throw out (except a turnip). The range on this move is ridiculous - it's almost as long as Ike's Fair.

I'd still say Peach's favor, but it's not by a big margin. 55/45 or 60/40. General Mario tactics are mostly shut down, but his options that work in this matchup work well enough to almost make it even.

My opinions doesn't matter, just mostly responding to my internet handslap from my bud Matador.

Matt07

Smash Master
Too few boards come for discussion...

But not the Peachy mains thanks guys :).

For match-up ratio, I'd say...55/45, 60/40. Either way Peach has an advantage, but it's not a doomed match-up.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's Peach's favor.

Peach's camping > Mario's camping. She can outspace all his kill moves pretty well and play really safe and he can't hit her well.

55:45 Peach at minumum. Hova, having played Boss, probably has better insights.
I really wish more people would listen to Praxis since he knows what he's talking about...

Mario is nothing special, fireballs really aren't that great imo. Powersheild them, problem solved. Bair is annoying but all Peach has to do is space around his Bair with her Bair and using her 2nd jump to get in range if she needs to. F Smash (stutter step) can stop aerial camping, Mario doesn't really have any paticularly fast approaches. All Peach has to do is Bair outspace him, use Turnips to punish stuff and use Fair and floating carefully

If your Peach is ******** and predictable by all means Bair the hell out of her and use fireballs to knock out her out of the air. Cape her if she likes to use Toad when recovering. If you spike her that's pretty much a stock gone but getting that spike won't be easy provided Peach isn't stupid.

Anyone who thinks predicting her jumps and then Up Smashing her is good or that fireballs are amazing or that F Smash is good is playing bad Peachs

Or playing on Wi Fi
Probably the latter

Tbh I can't think of anything special at all Mario has going for him in this match

Cue the hatred now please

Veggi

Smash Champion
Tell me how fsmash is not a good move. 14 frames, extremely good range, nulls shield push back when pivoted, can be tilted for aiming purposes or because up angled kills earlier, plus it's strong and can be combo'd into with bair or uair, or chained into with dair.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Tell me how fsmash is not a good move. 14 frames, extremely good range, nulls shield push back when pivoted, can be tilted for aiming purposes or because up angled kills earlier, plus it's strong and can be combo'd into with bair or uair, or chained into with dair.
It's still pretty slow

Alright yea it is ok I probably shouldn't have said that but Peach shouldn't be getting hit by it unless she gets predicted or just walks into it. Stuff happens though, you can't really argue prediction in match ups

It can be comboed into with Bair Uair or Dair? Doesn't Dair have landing lag? And I would have thought you could sheild in time before Mario could get an F Smash in after getting hit by a Bair/Uair. Even so, at higher percents Peach would probably get knocked away

Meh

Mario's Up Smash is interesting though since it can go through Peach's Dair. I knew I forgot to mention something, yea be sure to use Up Smash premeturely if you think she's going to Dair you

And don't attack from above or her tilts will stop you. Don't worry about her Up Smash as such it's hitbox is very small

Oh and FLUDD...erm what does that do again? The most I've seen it do against Peach is push us up higher and irritate us when floating

Really, whoever is more careful/clever will win here but Peach has that slight edge with better aerials and a better projectile

hova

Smash Champion
Go talk to BO X7 about it. He says it's even, and he's one of the best Mario/Peach/ROB users in the world.
lmao... do any of the Peach mains even know who BO X7 is?? lmfao

i haven't read anything else, but this post is laughable

i really don't feel like explaining anything, but i'm way better than you and more knowledgeable.

u are wrong

edit: i even d!cked around with my Mario vs Slikvik's Peach and that just ended horribly. Mario can do next to nothing in this match up

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Alright yea it is ok I probably shouldn't have said that but Peach shouldn't be getting hit by it unless she gets predicted or just walks into it. Stuff happens though, you can't really argue prediction in match ups
Misspacing anything is enough to get F-smashed by Mario if you're anyone. Not just Peach. The only character who is really difficult for Mario to F-smash punish is G&W, due to the fact his hitboxes are more disjointed, and only have like 10 frames of ending lag, whereas most characters have ending lag that's usually at least like 25 on most commonly used moves. Generally speaking though, the number of opportunities for Mario to land F-smash are startlingly high due to its sheer range.

I'd go so far to say that Mario's F-smash is overall the most useful F-smash in the entire game after like Wolf's.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
<----took a nap

Sorry A2, I didn't know the Peaches would come in here in droves like they did. I was planning on helping as soon as the discussion heated up (if it ever came to that point).

Unfortunately, I agree with most of what the Peach mains are saying (with the exception of Rickerdy-doo-da-day, but that's not his fault) in regards to the general idea behind the matchup.

My only apprehension in completely siding with them is that some of their ideas on the matchup are false. Like...super duper false, like this:

On the ground, Mario has more options. In the AIR... Peach has way more options. But I still have to give the nod to Mario, just because his actual kill moves are more likely to be fresh than our nair, bair, or fair.
Much <3 to Mikey but contrary to your statement here, Mario's aerials are NEVER fresh, and even when they are, they are weak as hell. I do believe that Mario has an advantage in regards to KO power, but mostly due to his Usmash being rather reliable and effective vs Peach (since she's pretty light/easy to star KO). Fair's always fresh, but the ones that actually contain some reliability in landing are constantly stale from overuse. Not unless we're camping extremely hard.

Speaking of camping, I brought this idea up last Peach discussion. The idea behind Peach camping better than Mario is true until you involve planking, which Mario can do pretty well, especially if you involve his mix-ups from the ledge. If my information is correct, Peach has problems dealing with planking, similar to Falco. It's something to think about when discussing who can "camp harder" which is insane imo.

*is trying his best to stay out of the discussion but add input*

Edit:

edit: i even d!cked around with my Mario vs Slikvik's Peach and that just ended horribly. Mario can do next to nothing in this match up
Oh dear, don't do that. Bo is ranked on the MW with his Mario/Peach/ROB. You don't have to know about someone for him to be good. Aside from that fact, I'm positive Mikey and Dark Pch know of him.

And lol, I've beaten Slik's Peach in a money match (awhile ago, but truth be told). It began bad for me, but once I started abusing upB OOS, the matchup became considerably easier. No disrespect to Slik for waving around my victories, but you saying that you couldn't beat his Peach with YOUR Mario as some type of argument (and an edit no less) is indeed "laughable".

Inferno3044

Smash Master
OK apparently a lot has been said. I think I really need to put some thing out. Some inferno wisdom.

We are NOT saying Mario is better than Peach and we are NOT saying Mario wins. On that note, this is a MU discussion, not talking about which character is better. We go even with characters that are high/top tier and apparently they are much better characters.

Killing is a bit of a problem for each, but I want to say Mario has a slight edge. Fsmash is a good kill move though it possibly won't kill you due to floating, good DI, all that crap. I read something about if you miss a sweetspot its a waste. Actually Mario's sourspotted Fsmash does more knockback than a sweetspotted one, but less damage. Also due to your lightweight, Usmash should kill well. You have fair which is slow and I think it might be possible to punish with fsmash. Our fsmash doesn't have to kill, but it stops you. Usmash is OK and Fsmash isn't that good.

Cape should not be used in this MU. If Peach uses turnips, PS or catch them. With that, I really don't know why Peach's turnips are so good. Other than seeing ADHD use Peach in a friendly and get three bob-ombs in one match, it's not that impressive. You can only hold one at a time and they don't do too much from a distance if its not that one that does a lot of damage (the one that appears on Dark Peach's tag) Fireballs on the other hand are very versatile. It can also be used to approach. They can be used whenever from multiple angles. Somebody tell me what I don't know about turnips.

Your air game is probably better, but I think our ground game is. Jab is very safe, Fsmash outranges everything you have, Utilt is a combo starter, Usmash is a good killer, and Dsmash is a good GTFO move. I don't think Peach has that good a ground game. Also don't say you shouldn't be getting hit by it. It's not slow and if you probably have gotten hit by slower moves like any of Ike's smashes. You outrange us but not by anything significant. It shouldn't be taken into account too much.

The use of FLUDD is exactly what it looks like or at least to me. It sends you upward making it unable for you to hit is unless you stop floating, giving us an edge. Your air game really is due to the fact that you can float. It enhances it significantly because you don't have gravity against you like the rest of the party. If we send you upwards enough so that you cant hit us, then we get an edge.

I'm not sure how a Peach actually would gimp a Mario, but I see it as feasible. For Mario, I see 3 ways to gimp. One way is to land a fair. I know that isn't very easy to do but it's possible. Another is a stage spike. Once again don't depend on it. Finally fireballs actually can do something at the right angle and distance. Now I know that all 3 of these aren't easy, but gimping Peach is possible. I will admit it is difficult. She's one of the harder characters for us to gimp.

Anybody saying its 60:40 Peach is dumb. It's 50:50, if not 55:45 Peach. It's not a bad matchup. As Rickery said, the smarter person will win. That statement makes it sound even saying the better player wins. That's not true for all MU's btw. You can outplay someone and still lose if you have a bad MU against them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Matador, I like guys like you who actually get the ****ing point.

Even after that whole argument, I actually respect Dark Pch for actually stating legit stuff, even if I know he's quantitatively wrong on like two things that sorta matter. And I'm impressed with how long he put up with my stubborn *** attitude.

And seriously...don't underestimate BO X7. Like Matador said, he's ranked.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Much <3 to Mikey but contrary to your statement here, Mario's aerials are NEVER fresh, and even when they are, they are weak as hell. I do believe that Mario has an advantage in regards to KO power, but mostly due to his Usmash being rather reliable and effective vs Peach (since she's pretty light/easy to star KO). Fair's always fresh, but the ones that actually contain some reliability in landing are constantly stale from overuse. Not unless we're camping extremely hard.

Speaking of camping, I brought this idea up last Peach discussion. The idea behind Peach camping better than Mario is true until you involve planking, which Mario can do pretty well, especially if you involve his mix-ups from the ledge. If my information is correct, Peach has problems dealing with planking, similar to Falco. It's something to think about when discussing who can "camp harder" which is insane imo.

Um... You actually just proved what I said even more right. I said Mario's KO options are mostly on the ground, while Peach has more than him in the air. The only exception is fair, which you pointed out. So, NEITHER of us were majorly false like you just claimed I was. You just basically said more of your aerial options will be stale. And they can be fresh... when he's just been KOed, which factors into revenge KO territories. ^_^;

And with planking, it's normally banned anyway, so do that at your own peril. That and if you do happen to get guessed and consequentially ledgehogged, your mistake commonly ends with a stock loss, where Peach has her parasol's slow decent to stop this from happening 90% of the time. You also have to worry about the slow decent of a turnip, which can either hit you, slow your recovery due to hit lag, or KO you if it's a stitchface, possibly a dot-eye(the one that does 18%ish), a bob-omb, or a beam sword. Mario... doesn't have such luxuries going for him. The best outcome, aside from the obvious one of stalling, would be a stagespike on Peach, but with her ability to float and snap to the ledge, it's not something that happens outside of the Peach player making a mistake in timing.

He probably does have more ways of doing it, though, so he's probably the better planker. But, as I said, it's commonly banned, so do so at your own risk!

Veggi

Smash Champion
@ Rick

14 frames is a decent speed for a smash attack. Peach will be in the air after being hit with a uair/bair, airdodge is slower than shield. Although to be honest I'm not completely sure if uair true combos into fsmash, but bair will. If nothing else, uair and bair are good set ups. Dair has a kind of laggy grounded hitbox, but the knockback on his dair sends them a near perfect distance away to pivot fsmash.

FLUDD puts Peach at a bad position in the air if she is floating. It sucks to be put right into Mario's uair sharking range without her float. FLUDD also has an effect called FLUDD induced hit lag. It means if FLUDD hits an attack that outprioritizes it, it causes them to pause on that frame. The hitbox for FLUDD is still active while Mario can move, that means guaranteed up smash/uair. Sometimes fsmash is guaranteed, but it's hard to get someone in the position for that. Also, I do it a lot.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Cape Stalling beats item dropping keep in mind.
True, but that's if we aim for Mario. If he does it away from the ledge, for instance, to mess with our ledge snapping, then it's possible to just drop the turnip more toward the ledge instead. An explosion from a bob-omb, for instance, will still hit Mario if he strikes it after reflection if I'm recalling correctly. I haven't tried to strike one of my own bombs for a while and I can't turn on my Wii to test that, so take that statement with a grain of salt.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Um... You actually just proved what I said even more right. I said Mario's KO options are mostly on the ground, while Peach has more than him in the air. The only exception is fair, which you pointed out. So, NEITHER of us were majorly false like you just claimed I was. You just basically said more of your aerial options will be stale. And they can be fresh... when he's just been KOed, which factors into revenge KO territories. ^_^;
Indeed I did T_T

Still, that's a crack in the armor that is the "Peach mains irrefutable wall of knowledge" which leaves room for error. Besides, we're looking for accuracy right? Even if it's at my own expense.

And with planking, it's normally banned anyway, so do that at your own peril. That and if you do happen to get guessed and consequentially ledgehogged, your mistake commonly ends with a stock loss, where Peach has her parasol's slow decent to stop this from happening 90% of the time. You also have to worry about the slow decent of a turnip, which can either hit you, slow your recovery due to hit lag, or KO you if it's a stitchface, possibly a dot-eye(the one that does 18%ish), a bob-omb, or a beam sword. Mario... doesn't have such luxuries going for him. The best outcome, aside from the obvious one of stalling, would be a stagespike on Peach, but with her ability to float and snap to the ledge, it's not something that happens outside of the Peach player making a mistake in timing.

He probably does have more ways of doing it, though, so he's probably the better planker. But, as I said, it's commonly banned, so do so at your own risk!
True, but apparently so is heavy camping (air camping). If the ledge rule is in effect, then it can be worked around.

I was just responding to the idea that Peach wins because she can camp harder, when I believe that's just ridiculous. Not because it's true, but because we're saying, even in theory, that this matchup will be a campfest.

Edit:
@ Rick

14 frames is a decent speed for a smash attack. Peach will be in the air after being hit with a uair/bair, airdodge is slower than shield. Although to be honest I'm not completely sure if uair true combos into fsmash, but bair will. If nothing else, uair and bair are good set ups. Dair has a kind of laggy grounded hitbox, but the knockback on his dair sends them a near perfect distance away to pivot fsmash.

FLUDD puts Peach at a bad position in the air if she is floating. It sucks to be put right into Mario's uair sharking range without her float. FLUDD also has an effect called FLUDD induced hit lag. It means if FLUDD hits an attack that outprioritizes it, it causes them to pause on that frame. The hitbox for FLUDD is still active while Mario can move, that means guaranteed up smash/uair. Sometimes fsmash is guaranteed, but it's hard to get someone in the position for that. Also, I do it a lot.
Veggi, Rickerdy-doo-da-day's knowledge is skewed. He's quite obviously hopping on the coat tails of his Peach main counterparts and hoping that he can include the little information that HE knows on the matchup without being bombarded for it.

For the sake of discussion, reply only to the valid points, as there are many in the thread that can be responded to if that's your prerogative.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I don't like to camp, myself. It's too boring. XD

And I don't claim to know everything about this or any other matchup. I'm just adding my two cents and trying to help awareness of the matches so we aren't all walking around clueless. Sorry if any of my additions are wrong, by the way. This is only what I've observed and can theorize from experiences I've had, nothing more, nothing less.

vato_break

Smash Master
i haven't really had a peach ever get past my planking unless i made a dumb mistake like upB the wrong way, but i agree this match up is not in mario's favor nor is it 50/50.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I don't like to camp, myself. It's too boring. XD

And I don't claim to know everything about this or any other matchup. I'm just adding my two cents and trying to help awareness of the matches so we aren't all walking around clueless. Sorry if any of my additions are wrong, by the way. This is only what I've observed and can theorize from experiences I've had, nothing more, nothing less.
<3 Mikey

If only everyone thought this way. Maybe Brawl would be a better game.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

Like your Post?

Rowen
Mikey Lenetia
Dark pch
You (Aura's sister)
Raz

Anyway I'm still going with 50:50. 55:45 Isn't bad because peach doesn't have anything that wrecks Mario.

*sigh* all this debating really has to stop there's no point, we did this before.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
55:45 Peach...just like last time.

lolwastedtime. This isn't going to magically change match outcomes, just make the argument for "Mario is good" more and more hellish.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
55:45 Peach...just like last time.

lolwastedtime. This isn't going to magically change match outcomes, just make the argument for "Mario is good" more and more hellish.
Well, I agree with the matchup number for us. There really isn't much to discuss about this. Don't worry, though. You guys'll get your chance to shine. ^_^

hova

Smash Champion
lmao... i would love to play one of you Mario people

Matador aren't you in md/va. come get ***** sometime

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
lmao... i would love to play one of you Mario people

Matador aren't you in md/va. come get ***** sometime
lmao, just tell me the next event you're going to.

I'd come to your place and wreck your Peach...but you're pretty big and I'm afraid you'd swing on me for 3 stocking you.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yeah. Like every time we save your *** in almost every Mario game. Some payback XD
And repayed you back by saveing you in super princess Peach. How YOU got kidnap is beyond me.

55:45 Peach for me as while. Mario can just do things thatdon't make this match up any higher than this.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I played Pierce's mario in a friendly on FD and it seemed pretty even to me. But who knows, Pierce is a better player than me after all.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
And repayed you back by saveing you in super princess Peach. How YOU got kidnap is beyond me.
ONE game. We only got kidnapped because they decided to let people play as a girl this time cause you never do except for metroid.

I played Pierce's mario in a friendly on FD and it seemed pretty even to me. But who knows, Pierce is a better player than me after all.
Yeah Pierce!

I'm assuming the majority of us are going with 55:45 Peach and a minority say 50:50. Let's put 55:45 Peach arguable for 50:50 and call it over. Practically who's left is Pikachu (who ditched us), Shiek (which is being discussed on their boards right now), Fox, Wolf and low tier characters. Any suggestions? Either that or rediscuss Olimar. I figured out a few weaknesses of his that make it really helpful to us. That can wait though

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Technically we've discussed everyone, but as for Olimar...

Learn to space....learn to fireball camp....D-air whenever pikmin are on you....learn to do *insert aerial* -> Jab on his shield for **** funtimes. If you cross him up, *insert aerial* -> grab can work too if I recall.

Oh yeah and obviously gimp him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Huh, Fox and Wolf really aren't on there?

They're both pretty close matchups for the same reasons. You can juggle them and N-air is pretty **** to their recovery. They have stronger KO moves and will camp you to force the approach, but generally when you do get control, you can also punish them pretty severely.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
<----took a nap

Sorry A2, I didn't know the Peaches would come in here in droves like they did. I was planning on helping as soon as the discussion heated up (if it ever came to that point).

Unfortunately, I agree with most of what the Peach mains are saying (with the exception of Rickerdy-doo-da-day, but that's not his fault) in regards to the general idea behind the matchup.

My only apprehension in completely siding with them is that some of their ideas on the matchup are false. Like...super duper false, like this:

Edit: Oh dear, don't do that. Bo is ranked on the MW with his Mario/Peach/ROB. You don't have to know about someone for him to be good. Aside from that fact, I'm positive Mikey and Dark Pch know of him.

And lol, I've beaten Slik's Peach in a money match (awhile ago, but truth be told). It began bad for me, but once I started abusing upB OOS, the matchup became considerably easier. No disrespect to Slik for waving around my victories, but you saying that you couldn't beat his Peach with YOUR Mario as some type of argument (and an edit no less) is indeed "laughable".
Lol I didn't deserve any love last night xD sorry Mario mains, I was in a paticularly sarcastic and unhelpful mood
Ok I'll try redeem myself later today if that's ok

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There isn't any point in discussing the Peach matchup. It's already been beaten to death months ago.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
There isn't any point in discussing the Peach matchup. It's already been beaten to death months ago.
...which is partly why I was curious as to why you were doing this but anyway, I'd like to give a proper input rather than slag Mario off...I want some love as well ;___;

Edit:Veggi, Rickerdy-doo-da-day's knowledge is skewed. He's quite obviously hopping on the coat tails of his Peach main counterparts and hoping that he can include the little information that HE knows on the matchup without being bombarded for it.
Lol apparantly not :( I apologise for being unhelpful, it was childish of me, I was in a bad mod yesterday...a poor excuse but meh I'll hopefully make it to you with this since I'd like to put some stuff in the Peach match up thread aswell. Don't hate me Matador :(

Use fireballs to keep Peach at bay. Your best bet is to use them when Peach is in the air since Peach's aerials last a long time in the air. They'll do is either hit Peach or at worst, get cancelled out by an aerial. Using them against her when she's grounded will most likely in your getting punished because of the ending lag

I knew I'd get hassled about the F Smash business...sorry xD It outranges Peach's aerials, if you see her coming down with a Fair, you can F Smash and the F Smash should win provided you've spaced it (you guys stutter step yours like Sonic right?). Angling it upwards helps

Standard Peach stuff will be causing as much sheild pressure for you as possible. If Peach is Dairing your sheild, as it's already been said you can Up + B OoS her. This is probably your best option since Up + B curves and will follow a retreating Peach and because of this, Peach will either retreat or she'll attempt to drop down and Nair any OoS attempts. Watch what she does or follow her patterns. If she does retreat, Up + B OoS, if she Nairs, then you can either get a grab in provided your close enough or use an OoS Up Smash or Up tilt depending on whether you want to juggle or kill her

I still stand by what I say when I mentioned camping her with Bair because that's what a lot of characters do to beat Peach. Be careful with your spacing and if Peach looks like she's going to F Smash, your better off retreating and doing a B-reversed fireball since F Smash will beat your Bair. If Peach whiffs an F Smash, feel free to F Smash her right back. Watch out for Peach's F Tilt and Up Tilt which also stops aerials

DI up and away from Peach's Dair and do the same when you get hit by Fair (diagonally DI into the corner like A2 mentioned earlier) as this will not only help you survive but avoid putting you in a very low position far away which gives Peach to opportunity to Turnip gimp

Again, I stand by what I said earlier about Praxis' point of Peach's camp game, it is better (although I'd appreciate someone explaining to me how Mario's planking game works). Don't approach Peach if she has a Turnip in hand. If she looks like she's going to Glide Toss, keep using fireballs and Bair to hit her. Powershield Turnips if you get the chance

When Peach is offstage be prepared to grab the ledge and abuse the invincibility frames from it to hit her if she's far below. Take advantage of her awful airdodge (I think she's invincible on frames 4-19 and then is stuck in ending lag until frame 49) and catch her out on her way down

I know you guys have moved on but something I really want to discuss is Mario's Cape and Peach's Parasol. Has anyone ever tried using Mario's Cape on Peach when she's used her Up + B continually? Since Peach falls so slowly, the Cape can pretty much keep her in the air forever and if she has the parasol open then she'll bounce upwards when Caped. Obviously she'll be moving around but could Mario possibly keeping on chasing and Caping her to rack up a lot of damage?
Oh and use the cape on Toad like I said before. And use FLUDD to force her into the air where she doesn't want to be, that could help with the Caping parasol idea maybe?

This is mainly a post to try and redeem my poor attitude before but the intention is good, hopefully the advice is alright. I find it odd you chose to do the match up again since nothing's really changed

This is very even, I stand by what I said earlier in that the smarter and more careful player will win. Pick up on the Peach players habits and punish when you can

Top Bottom