• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Complete Mario Matchup Thread

daisho

Smash Lord
lol, I was waiting for you to show up. I knew you wouldn't settle for even. Alright, let's get started.

True, DK has a clear range and power advantage, but Mario has speed, projectiles, and a better offstage game. Priority? No, there's no clear winner here since Mario's Usmash, cape and Fsmash are all disjointed. They should be able to contend with whatever disjointed attacks DK has (if any) aside from his down B.

The main problem with your standpoint is that you assume that Mario won't be able to get in. While it won't be necessarily easy to get in, it's definitely not difficult, especially since the only real defense you have against fireballs is powershielding. While you stop to powershield (IF you powershield), you cannot tilt. That's where SHDair on shield comes into play with the rest of Mario's close range arsenal. At this point, DK's options are more limited to getting Mario away from his safety zone before he can start up a combo. DK's at his best point vs Mario pressuring him at arms length WITHOUT letting Mario get inside.

I didn't put much emphasis on the gimping because Mario won't gimp a good DK every time he's offstage. He can vary his recovery enough to the point where Mario will have to read his intentions rather than pressure him. It does NOT cease to be a threat because you can "just not upB until you're grabbing the ledge". The strength in Mario's offstage game is that he can force you to make punishable moves. Unless you're knocked up and away, you will be in danger of cape gimp simply because we already know what direction you're going to go, and all we have to do to stop it is cape in its path. Your only options are to go up or down; start late or start early. It just happens to be enough variety for DK to have a chance offstage.

You misunderstand how you'd use cape. You don't cape while DK is jumping toward you because you WILL, in fact, eat a Bair. Same with if he's grounded. You'd cape when DK is going to shield, because cape is safe on shield and shieldpokes so it can force a whiffed shieldgrab. You'd do it AFTER a Bair or Ftilt and turn DK around to punish. It's more of a defensive tool than anything. If you're feeling gutsy, you can try it offensively, but it's never a sure thing. And like everything else in this game, if you get predictable, you get *****.

And it's not hard at all to land an Fsmash on DK. He doesn't have a single move that isn't beaten by Fsmash, and only has a handful that outrange it. He's also a huge target with alot of ending lag on whiffed attacks. Fsmash kills DK at around 120% fresh and lower from the ledge. If you add this to the fact that it's easier to rack up damage on DK than nearly any other character in the game for Mario once inside, it doesn't seem at all outrageous.

6:4 is too much. Even or slight adv DK, but it's not 6:4. That's just incorrect. There's not a Mario in here than has much trouble with DK.
DK outranges basically everybody. Your F smash is not so fast and while it will out prioritize our moves, that is irrelevant as you will rarely hit us with it. (I honestly can't see good marios using F smash more than 4 times a game). I think that our F tilt, D tilt, Punch, F Smash and Down B all outrange your F smash (not positive on the F/D tilt).

All you Mario's are really underestimating the punch.

The Punch will beat out your F smash.

It has more killing potential than any of your attacks.
It does 29%.
It is fast.
It has deceptive ending lag so we can often hit you if you try to punish (with D smash).
It has SUPER ARMOR!!!

This attack is DK's best attack.

We can tilt fireballs. We can jump over fireballs. We can run away from fireballs.

Most attacks in this game have "Up and Away" knockback. I didnt really understand all of what Bigfoot said on this point so I will let him comment.

I say at least 55:45 for DK (after reading bigfoots arguements, most of which I agree with).

I want Bigfoot to comment on what you said also since he is much better than me, but I felt that there were things needed to be responded to that you mentioned.

Also, about Bum, watching his videos he really does not seem like such a good DK (for instance he uses air dodges to cancel momentum and never uses Up B brake) so I wouldn't say your THAT screwed... (maybe he is amazing and you have to play him to see that but IDK).

Famous

Smash Champion
Yeah, nothings really changed in this matchup...You can cape punch regardless of superarmor frames...It also has a **** load of FIHL

Also, once DK is offstage it will be hard for him to get back

Matchup is still 50/50...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
DK outranges basically everybody. Your F smash is not so fast and while it will out prioritize our moves, that is irrelevant as you will rarely hit us with it. (I honestly can't see good marios using F smash more than 4 times a game). I think that our F tilt, D tilt, Punch, F Smash and Down B all outrange your F smash (not positive on the F/D tilt).
HOW will we "rarely" hit you with it? You're a giant gorilla with a bunch of moves that have punishable ending lag. Add that to the fact that Mario's Fsmash beats everything you do, meaning that you can be in the middle of your attack and my Fsmash will still hit, and you've got a more than viable KO move.

And even if we DON'T land it more than 4 times a game (which is a blatantly arbitrary number), we only need to land it 3 times, IF that. Fsmash is for killing in this matchup, nothing else.

All you Mario's are really underestimating the punch.

The Punch will beat out your F smash.

It has more killing potential than any of your attacks.
It does 29%.
It is fast.
It has deceptive ending lag so we can often hit you if you try to punish (with D smash).
It has SUPER ARMOR!!!

This attack is DK's best attack.
Okay, first of all, NOBODY has said anything negative about DK's Giant Punch.

second of all, you forgot to mention that you need this attack fully charged for it to be a threat, mainly because it won't have the super armor or KO power without it. And I'm glad that you guys have a move that's "fast" by your standards. Really, I am. But this move is a punisher, and an easily seen one at that. If you've got it charged that just means that we can't do anything too ballsy like SH dair approaching or aggressively fireballing. I'm not saying write it off for that reason because overall you're right, it's a great move. It's just not what's going to break this match. It's just something to look out for.

We can tilt fireballs. We can jump over fireballs. We can run away from fireballs.

I say at least 55:45 for DK (after reading bigfoots arguements, most of which I agree with).
I'm glad you said that. The reason I suggested that the "only thing you can do against fireballs is powershield" is because it's the only unpunishable move you can make against them.

If you tilt them, you're letting Mario get close because, chances are, he's right behind them.

If you jump, you're ****in screwed. Since we're right behind this fireball, you're going to be in the air, and we're going to be grounded. Unless you're perfectly spaced for a Bair, which you probably won't be since you're jumping on reaction to the fireball, you have NO safe move that will get you grounded again without eating about a dozen Uairs. Even if you do happen to space that Bair perfectly, Usmash beats it (IIRC, somebody test this.)

If you run away, you're running toward the ledge, which isn't a good move seeing as you haven't prevented us from continuing to fireball approach.

I also find it funny that after this entire post, you're really just agreeing with me on the ratio.

Also, about Bum, watching his videos he really does not seem like such a good DK (for instance he uses air dodges to cancel momentum and never uses Up B brake) so I wouldn't say your THAT screwed... (maybe he is amazing and you have to play him to see that but IDK).
Lol. I just know that whatever he does, it gets him wins vs some very good players. If you main DK and can't tell what makes him so good, that says alot about YOUR DK.

daisho

Smash Lord
HOW will we "rarely" hit you with it? You're a giant gorilla with a bunch of moves that have punishable ending lag. Add that to the fact that Mario's Fsmash beats everything you do, meaning that you can be in the middle of your attack and my Fsmash will still hit, and you've got a more than viable KO move.

And even if we DON'T land it more than 4 times a game (which is a blatantly arbitrary number), we only need to land it 3 times, IF that. Fsmash is for killing in this matchup, nothing else.

Okay, first of all, NOBODY has said anything negative about DK's Giant Punch.

second of all, you forgot to mention that you need this attack fully charged for it to be a threat, mainly because it won't have the super armor or KO power without it. And I'm glad that you guys have a move that's "fast" by your standards. Really, I am. But this move is a punisher, and an easily seen one at that. If you've got it charged that just means that we can't do anything too ballsy like SH dair approaching or aggressively fireballing. I'm not saying write it off for that reason because overall you're right, it's a great move. It's just not what's going to break this match. It's just something to look out for.

I'm glad you said that. The reason I suggested that the "only thing you can do against fireballs is powershield" is because it's the only unpunishable move you can make against them.

If you tilt them, you're letting Mario get close because, chances are, he's right behind them.

If you jump, you're ****in screwed. Since we're right behind this fireball, you're going to be in the air, and we're going to be grounded. Unless you're perfectly spaced for a Bair, which you probably won't be since you're jumping on reaction to the fireball, you have NO safe move that will get you grounded again without eating about a dozen Uairs. Even if you do happen to space that Bair perfectly, Usmash beats it (IIRC, somebody test this.)

If you run away, you're running toward the ledge, which isn't a good move seeing as you haven't prevented us from continuing to fireball approach.

I also find it funny that after this entire post, you're really just agreeing with me on the ratio.

Lol. I just know that whatever he does, it gets him wins vs some very good players. If you main DK and can't tell what makes him so good, that says alot about YOUR DK.
First of all... Why so angry?

I never said land it 4 times a game... I said use it... it was an arbitrary number and could definitely be way off, but I don't think that you guys would use it so much (obviously, just correct me if I'm way off).

Not saying anything negative is NOT the same as underestimating. Nobody is realizing that when we have it charged (which is ALOT easier than you would think) it really limits hurts you. Obviously the DK wouldn't be god and time it perfectly every time, but a good DK can find openings to use this attack very easily. And this attack beats out your F smash btw. And I strongly disagree, this move makes and breaks many of DKs matches.

If DK has four options then there is no way the Mario will be in perfect position to destroy every one of them.

And although you may agree with the ratio, very few of the other people posting do. Many think that it is 50 50 or a 55 45 mario advantage.

Well... so after Ripple watched them he also didn't see anything special, are you implying that he is bad also?

It could be that Bum is just better at brawl than other people and whoever he mained he would win all the tournaments, other people can be better at playing DK yet still lose in tournaments.

Also, I would love to be good at brawl, I just don't have a wii and I can't go to most tournaments, but I don't see how I am relevant.

And if I came across as mean or angry I sincerely apologize, that is not how I meant to sound.

Yeah, nothings really changed in this matchup...You can cape punch regardless of superarmor frames...It also has a **** load of FIHL

Also, once DK is offstage it will be hard for him to get back

Matchup is still 50/50...
Punch comes out on frame 19... and your cape takes 12 to hit. If you can cape that, it means that you can react and input the keys in less than 1/10th of a second... somehow I doubt that.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
This discussion makes me want to play Ripple/Ook at the next Midwest tourney.

In fact, I might.
I'd love to play you at the circuit event next week.

as far as this match up goes its in DK's favor slightly.

this argument comes up so often its not even funny.

mario main- " we can edgeguard DK really easy with cape and fluud. we got this match up"

I love how no one remembers that Dk is the over all heaviest character in the game and that any attack that doesn't kill him and that if we DI correctly, with his aerial control, we can make it back from virtually everything with just a second jump. its harder to gimp DK than you think.

and the fireball approaching thing, true its a good approach but it only goes so far against Dk. grounded up-b anyone? plus not to mention fireballs don't mess up Dk's aerial spacing at all. Dk's that can't get around fireballs by full hops and spacing bairs while landing, should not be accounted for because there is no problem doing it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
First of all... Why so angry?
lolinternetemotion. Unless I suggest otherwise, just picture my voice and tone as that of Microsoft Sam.

Well... so after Ripple watched them he also didn't see anything special, are you implying that he is bad also?

It could be that Bum is just better at brawl than other people and whoever he mained he would win all the tournaments, other people can be better at playing DK yet still lose in tournaments.
I'm not going to argue with you whether or not NY's arguably BEST player and likely the best DK period is actually as good as you or Ripple thinks he is based on what you've seen from his vids. His tourney results speak much louder about the subject than I ever could.

Also, I would love to be good at brawl, I just don't have a wii and I can't go to most tournaments, but I don't see how I am relevant.
If you've played Mario as DK, your insight is much greater than someone who hasn't. Simple as that.

Punch comes out on frame 19... and your cape takes 12 to hit. If you can cape that, it means that you can react and input the keys in less than 1/10th of a second... somehow I doubt that.
Because DK's Giant Punch is really that hard to see coming right?

That's sarcasm btw, not anger.

I (and Famous I'm sure) cape DK's Giant Punch all the time. It's a predictable move and DK's a large, slow moving target.

Edit:
mario main- " we can edgeguard DK really easy with cape and fluud. we got this match up"

I love how no one remembers that Dk is the over all heaviest character in the game and that any attack that doesn't kill him and that if we DI correctly, with his aerial control, we can make it back from virtually everything with just a second jump. its harder to gimp DK than you think.
Have you even GLANCED at the last 5 pages? I have said NOTHING of the sort. Nobody here has exaggerated this idea. THIS isn't why we're arguing even and Mario's adv. Pay attention.

The fact that you guys come into the thread one after another and insult every one of us by assuming our positions in the debate without actually reading anything.

and the fireball approaching thing, true its a good approach but it only goes so far against Dk. grounded up-b anyone? plus not to mention fireballs don't mess up Dk's aerial spacing at all. Dk's that can't get around fireballs by full hops and spacing bairs while landing, should not be accounted for because there is no problem doing it.
Your answer to fireballs is to either:

A.) Jump over it and space a Bair, leaving us to run under you and let loose with tilts, grabs, Usmash, and whatever other shenanigans we can come up with for this huge vulnerability you've given us

B.) Use DK's pseudo MK nado to cancel them out.

I'm honestly not sure how well choice B would work since no DK has ever tried it against me. It's basically a laggier, much more unsafe version of powershielding.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lolinternetemotion. Unless I suggest otherwise, just picture my voice and tone as that of Microsoft Sam.

I'm not going to argue with you whether or not NY's arguably BEST player and likely the best DK period is actually as good as you or Ripple thinks he is based on what you've seen from his vids. His tourney results speak much louder about the subject than I ever could.

If you've played Mario as DK, your insight is much greater than someone who hasn't. Simple as that.

Because DK's Giant Punch is really that hard to see coming right?

That's sarcasm btw, not anger.

I (and Famous I'm sure) cape DK's Giant Punch all the time. It's a predictable move and DK's a large, slow moving target.

and I pivot punches to hit with the back side just in case they cape me so it hits either way.

and you think DK is a slow character? WOW

bum's tournament results are dumb, he hasn't gone to a big tournament like a circuit event at all. he goes to smashfests with 20 people and wins those. did you see anyone good he's beat, besides snakeee at the last one?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
and I pivot punches to hit with the back side just in case they cape me so it hits either way.

and you think DK is a slow character? WOW

bum's tournament results are dumb, he hasn't gone to a big tournament like a circuit event at all. he goes to smashfests with 20 people and wins those. did you see anyone good he's beat, besides snakeee at the last one?
Are you guys seriously trying to argue that DK is NOT a slow character? Are you trying to tell me that he can legitimately compete with Mario, someone whose frame data is nothing short of amazing?

No, he can't. This is fact. He has a handful of moves that are "quick" but even THEY don't beat most of Mario's speedwise. But hey, he runs fast right?

And I'm sure you pivot your punches. Cape is, once again, rendered useless by theorycraft and the ominous statement "well I can turn around".

And you're absolutely right. Bum must suck pretty bad if he doesn't travel and the only person he's beaten is Snakeee. Your logic is infallible.

We're going in circles. None of you DK mains are saying anything new.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
In terms of movement, DK is probably faster than Mario. He also doesn't need many quick moves, he has plenty, and if you've seen a DK play your quick close range options won't do very much against good spacing. If you're close, he can just grab you. That's a move with decent speed and all you really need is one against a character like Mario who can't space you nearly as well as you can space him.

The cape is beast, I will admit that, but he's talking about a habit that he has picked up from facing Marios, not about some theory that he just came up with to combat that. If he pivots the punch, it will hit you whether you cape or not. The punch will also eat through any attack you give him, meaning it can surprise you a lot more than you think.

Also, Bum is impressive, let's not dog him. He plays DK differently and that's a bit of an achievement in itself. I don't like to make statements about who is the best with which character when they are played differently(like, if you see Ripple's recent matches you'd never mistake that playstyle for Bum, even though they are both perhaps equally good), but this has nothing to do with the matchup.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
In terms of movement, DK is probably faster than Mario. He also doesn't need many quick moves, he has plenty, and if you've seen a DK play your quick close range options won't do very much against good spacing. If you're close, he can just grab you. That's a move with decent speed and all you really need is one against a character like Mario who can't space you nearly as well as you can space him.
*head explodes*

I need to take a break. This is insane.

The cape is beast, I will admit that, but he's talking about a habit that he has picked up from facing Marios, not about some theory that he just came up with to combat that. If he pivots the punch, it will hit you whether you cape or not. The punch will also eat through any attack you give him, meaning it can surprise you a lot more than you think.
Fine, if it works, then okay. This doesn't negate its usefulness though. Not in the slightest.

Also, Bum is impressive, let's not dog him. He plays DK differently and that's a bit of an achievement in itself. I don't like to make statements about who is the best with which character when they are played differently(like, if you see Ripple's recent matches you'd never mistake that playstyle for Bum, even though they are both perhaps equally good), but this has nothing to do with the matchup.
Fair enough, let's leave Bum out of it.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
There's no circuit event next week O_O

I'm pretty sure that's at the end of May, and I'm still iffy on whether or not I'm attending that...

But yeah Ripple, we'll play. DK vs Mario showdown just like the original Donkey Kong!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
There's no circuit event next week O_O

I'm pretty sure that's at the end of May, and I'm still iffy on whether or not I'm attending that...

But yeah Ripple, we'll play. DK vs Mario showdown just like the original Donkey Kong!

ah, I was talking about midwest west circuit. I'm fortunate enough to be able to go to both

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Ah, looking forward to playing anyway, I've heard nothing but good things about your DK :D

Plus, I've never got to play DK before, so it's better before a tournament than during when I'd be all like "**** Matchup johns!"

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Xero, put up a video or at least tell me the name of the circuit so i can see how good you are. Also, Matador is going to go Hulk like he did on the Marth discussion (It's a compliment as odd as it sounds) Also, I thought we agreed on 50:50

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ripple, Ask Ook about our offline maches. I have a hunch he'll say its even. (the amount of trouble i give him with Mario, hehe) Also, come to IL and face me, will ya? I'm the Best Mario, you'll encounter in MW. =O

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Ripple, Ask Ook about our offline maches. I have a hunch he'll say its even. (the amount of trouble i give him with Mario, hehe) Also, come to IL and face me, will ya? I'm the Best Mario, you'll encounter in MW. =O
I live in IL..... well hopefully I'll see you at a circuit event, otherwise I don't travel or practice.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
So I wonder why all the DK's are acting as if we're saying we buttrape DK in the monkey butt.
Its because Mario has normally beaten DK in everything since 1981 (the year the arcade game Donkey Kong was released). Mario was considered better in SSB, they were about even in SSBM, and now DK is considered much better then Mario. DK is C tier while Mario is F tier. Due to the large tier difference they don't wanna take it from Mario.

PS. Most of this is not serious. DK mains please don't kill me

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Famous is a Robot
I always had my suspicious, but now...

Seriously though, I'd still say Mario has a slight advantage in the match-up. Nothing too drastic, but I think it's 55-45 rather than 50-50. But all the other Mario's are saying it's even, so... Everybody agree on 50-50?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
The last tidbit isn't proven.

At all.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Your answer to fireballs is to either:

A.) Jump over it and space a Bair, leaving us to run under you and let loose with tilts, grabs, Usmash, and whatever other shenanigans we can come up with for this huge vulnerability you've given us

B.) Use DK's pseudo MK nado to cancel them out.

I'm honestly not sure how well choice B would work since no DK has ever tried it against me. It's basically a laggier, much more unsafe version of powershielding.
If DK spaces a bair and you run under him, you will get hit. If he actually spaces it, you won't punish before he can throw another one your way, retreating if necessary. DK's agility rivals yours, buddy, and I'm not sure but he might have a faster running/walking speed as well(if there's a difference it's too small to notice). All I know is it's the exact same as Toon Link's.

Anyways, bair also eats through fireballs in case you didn't know. He could also F tilt repeatedly, but I don't know if this works vs Mario's fireballs because they are low to the ground. PSing is another option.

As for up B..Don't underestimate this move. Unless you jump over him, it will eat a fireball with the SA and proceed to do 15-37%(yes, 37%) damage depending on how many of the hits connect. Also, if you shield it, it will poke you. I doubt Mario's shield can withstand it. Even if it does, your shield is now dangerously low vs the best shield breaker in the game.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
If DK spaces a bair and you run under him, you will get hit. If he actually spaces it, you won't punish before he can throw another one your way, retreating if necessary. DK's agility rivals yours, buddy, and I'm not sure but he might have a faster running/walking speed as well(if there's a difference it's too small to notice). All I know is it's the exact same as Toon Link's.

Anyways, bair also eats through fireballs in case you didn't know. He could also F tilt repeatedly, but I don't know if this works vs Mario's fireballs because they are low to the ground. PSing is another option.

As for up B..Don't underestimate this move. Unless you jump over him, it will eat a fireball with the SA and proceed to do 15-37%(yes, 37%) damage depending on how many of the hits connect. Also, if you shield it, it will poke you. I doubt Mario's shield can withstand it. Even if it does, your shield is now dangerously low vs the best shield breaker in the game.
When it comes to movement speed, DK wins. When it comes to attack speed Mario wins. Yes DK has some fast tilts, but there is a pretty big lag between them unlike most of Mario's aerials. A majority of Mario's attacks are faster (I am NOT saying all of DK's moves are slow)

Why would you run under a Bair which is gonna be used to cancel a fireball? I'm assuming you are doing a SH bair meaning it would be idiotic to run under it. Also, lets be realistic. You are not gonna perfectly space every fireball because we aren't going to be shooting them from the same angle every time. If it was possible to always perfectly space against something that isn't stationary or shooting from any angle, Marth would be completely pwnage because they would always hit with tippers (I know they are not the same, don't use that in an argument)

Most of your last paragraph I won't argue with, because probably most of it is true. With Mario vs. MK a way to stop the tornado is with a fireball on his head. Mario mains work on this so they can't always abuse it and MK is the most common character. This is the exact same thing except the with at least twice as big a target and is cant move much vertically, making is possible to DI upwards. It is much worse than MK's tornado and therefore isn't nearly as big a problem.

I stand by what I've been saying before: either 50:50 or 55:45 Mario.

Famous

Smash Champion
I always had my suspicious, but now...

Seriously though, I'd still say Mario has a slight advantage in the match-up. Nothing too drastic, but I think it's 55-45 rather than 50-50. But all the other Mario's are saying it's even, so... Everybody agree on 50-50?
Lol, I'm no robot...though my name is Rob...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
****'s gonna go down, soon. I need to know if we're done with DK discussion, I'll have to change the page numbers in the OP.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sorry to take up space again but I just need a 100% confirmation on the Peach vs Mario match up numbers so I can attempt to finish our thread off

Provided the majority agree, I'm putting this match up at 55-45 in Peach's favour. If you have any problems with this or feel furthur discussion needs to be made, please visit our match up thread and discuss it there. It's stickied so it should be fairly easy to find :p

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
saying any match-up is high than 50:50 for Mario brings down I giant train of hate usually.... but I personally believe the match is even as I play both characters fairly well....

just sayin'

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sorry to take up space again but I just need a 100% confirmation on the Peach vs Mario match up numbers so I can attempt to finish our thread off

Provided the majority agree, I'm putting this match up at 55-45 in Peach's favour. If you have any problems with this or feel furthur discussion needs to be made, please visit our match up thread and discuss it there. It's stickied so it should be fairly easy to find :p
45:55 seems good to me.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol @ ripple hyped on bum's crappy results. *semi sarcrasm*

Ppl tend to have different playstyles, but yet still place fairly high as for bum.

Bum just really hates brawl which is why you haven't seen him go any EREC events so far.. but he def still is on the top, is obv the best DK in NY at the very least.. Unless Ripple is jealous about Bum or just likes to be #1 DK or something.. just drop it lol.. *not that im accursing you or anything*

i'll all for 55:45 dk, 5/5 until i have def beat consistent DKs

oh just dont say bum suxs from watching youtube, playing in actual person and watching youtube are completely two different experiences.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
well bo is the only mario that places right? doesn he get top 10 every tourney he goes too???
Right, but he has secondaries. Plus, I've been to like... 3 tournaments, and the first one I was horrid, and the other two I have pool johns (At my second one, I got put in the pool with the extra person, otherwise I woulda gone to brackets -_-') Anywho, secondaries make the equation kind've not equal. (Since I don't have any :'( )

I really wanna play Bo, and have like a $5 MM on live stream sometime, and get some rad commentators be like "YOU MUST RECOVER!" and stuff. We'd hype that match up.

It'd be the best $5 I'd ever win/lose.

daisho

Smash Lord
DK discussion is over. I still think its 55-45 DK along with others and bunch of people think its 55 45 mario. Just make it even and maybe mention debated advantage for both sides.

About our Up B, it really is a lot different than MKs nado.

Im not saying ours is better (his has many different factors and his is an overall better move) but though we both spin around I really wouldn't compare both moves.

About Bum... clearly he is the best person who plays DK in NY, he competes against the best and wins consistently, I just think he has less skill with DK and more skill overall... as in if he and some other DK main both switched to another character and learned for the same time, bum would still win since hes a better player, but other people are better at playing with DK... and please, guy who plays bum, just tell him about the Up B brake.

Top Bottom