• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Is it me, or is slowed-down Big Blue a ****load of fun? Especially if you're Sonic or Captain Falcon, since Sonic can slightly outrun the cars, and Captain Falcon, thanks to his tremendous momentum, can safely stay on the track by hopping continuously.

I'm not sure if this is on the Plussery set, though. If it isn't, it should be. It makes for a great CP.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Is it me, or is slowed-down Big Blue a ****load of fun? Especially if you're Sonic or Captain Falcon, since Sonic can slightly outrun the cars, and Captain Falcon, thanks to his tremendous momentum, can safely stay on the track by hopping continuously.

I'm not sure if this is on the Plussery set, though. If it isn't, it should be. It makes for a great CP.

Its been liek that in plussery since PRE Official 4.0 LOL

I've said time and time again its a **** CP.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Wait,wait,in the last changes on Beta say removed Fox Dair Nerf?Mean Totally Remove,like Dair>Upsmash?
And yay for Snake BKB Ftilt Back xD
Now Lucario Up-B is like Super Saiyan :D

GPDP

Smash Ace
I noticed that new UpB momentum fix code does not give Ganon and Falcon their double jump back after performing DownB.

Is that never gonna make it in?

Revven

FrankerZ
I noticed that new UpB momentum fix code does not give Ganon and Falcon their double jump back after performing DownB.

Is that never gonna make it in?
PK separated the code for us because there's a lot of people who think that they don't need it, a few people who think they DO need it, and a few people who don't care. It's too split to put it in, but the code now also affects Bowser and Link as well, also done by PK! :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Its on the fence. People think they dont need it, other people thing it should go in regardless cuz it helps and its not broken.
Please put that in. They need it pretty badly, especially against really good edge-guarding characters. It kept falcon/ganon from being lower on the tier list than necessary xD Obviously this isn't the case here but it'd be a nice addition :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Found a small glitch (?) with Lucario's new up B. If he uses it while standing on the stage, he can still use it again. Not sure if this was intended or not.
You mean when you press down or go straight across the stage and like, he can't do his Up B again until he jumps was fixed with this? If so, I say we should keep it like that, it gives WAY more use for this move.

frenchfri

Smash Apprentice
No, that problem still exists. I mean if he uses his up B while on the ground, he can then use it again while in the air even without touching the ground/getting hit.

For example you could up B off the stage and fair someone who's recovering, then up B back to the ledge.

D

Deleted member

sounds interesting, probably my freefall mod.
thing is that lucario should only recieve 1 upB per time, somewhat like snake.

the game more than likely doesn't count the first upB right because he is standing. I might need to find a fix for this but first let's see if it's OP in any way

Yingyay

Smash Ace
All i can see lucario doing with that bug is edgeguarding. I dont think it will be OP. I kinda like it. Plus if someone were to hit you while you Upb off the stage, you'd only have one jump left right? if so then lucario will be put in a bad spot.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hehe Lucario has Wing Refresh.

I don't see any reason to get rid of it. I seriously doubt it's OP and it makes him more interesting with more trixies.

D

Deleted member

maybe other characters like snake have wing refresh too.

and can anyone confirm or deconfirm that lucario doesn't get his upB back if he gets hit?
working on some coding now so not really time to test it

shanus

Smash Hero
Lucario has a triple jump glitch which most people didnt know about. It was there before the code

Also paprika the code works great i played with it for a twhile last night

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Hi people.

I'm testing Brawl 4.0 beta PAL and it runs correctly, but the game switches to 50 hz at start (my Wii is configured in 480p).

I'm running the game under Gecko 1.9, with the modification so it lets 8000+ lines codes.
The code is "as is", in the "codes" folder.

Any suggestions?

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
Hi people.

I'm testing Brawl 4.0 beta PAL and it runs correctly, but the game switches to 50 hz at start (my Wii is configured in 480p).

I'm running the game under Gecko 1.9, with the modification so it lets 8000+ lines codes.
The code is "as is", in the "codes" folder.

Any suggestions?

You have to force PAL 60. You can save defect config, so no problem.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
2 questions:
-Would it be possible to add unrestricted camera to the incoming sets?
-how come wolf's reflector knocks people up again? i thought that it was changed back to normal?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I would like unrestricted camera also.

I believe Bum and the other NYCers argued to have Wolf's shine changed back to Melee Falco's shine. I personally don't think that such a good combo breaker should also be a really good combo starter (with invincibility frames to boot), but someone brought up that Luigi's nair already serves that function, so it's not exactly setting a precedent. Regardless, I don't think it's gonna make him suddenly jump up the tier list so I don't care all that much. It's more about what the general public wants.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im not sure how I feel about it being a set kb though. Or maybe we should make it pull you 45 deg inwards at a medium base so it sets up for a bair if not DI. If DIed towards sets up for a uair/tilt and if DIed away its a narrow escape. We need more unusual move angles :dizzy:

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I would like unrestricted camera also.

I believe Bum and the other NYCers argued to have Wolf's shine changed back to Melee Falco's shine. I personally don't think that such a good combo breaker should also be a really good combo starter (with invincibility frames to boot), but someone brought up that Luigi's nair already serves that function, so it's not exactly setting a precedent. Regardless, I don't think it's gonna make him suddenly jump up the tier list so I don't care all that much. It's more about what the general public wants.
Nah i was just sayin cuz a couple of people complained about it before so im just askin lol.
I really want unrestricted camera T_T

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
The only qualm I have about Wolf's new shine is the reported infinite on Fox. I don't think it'll have a huge impact on Fox's usage or viability (some, maybe, but at this moment Wolf isn't generally a very popular character to play as), but other than potentially the IC's CGs, Brawl+ is no place for gay and easy to do infinites :p. Other than that, it seems like a fresh new twist on an old concept that gives Wolf's shine more utility.

Now if only Falco's shine was changed back to the test version without the bug, as unlikely as that seems. <_<

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wolf's shine is sauce. I failed to see what was wrong with giving him more options, as if I recall correctly, it was primarily used to,

1. Reflect
2. Get people of him

It does the same things, WITH Setups/Follow Ups/etc

I <3 Wolf Pillaring

matt4300

Smash Ace
The only qualm I have about Wolf's new shine is the reported infinite on Fox. I don't think it'll have a huge impact on Fox's usage or viability (some, maybe, but at this moment Wolf isn't generally a very popular character to play as), but other than potentially the IC's CGs, Brawl+ is no place for gay and easy to do infinites :p. Other than that, it seems like a fresh new twist on an old concept that gives Wolf's shine more utility.

Now if only Falco's shine was changed back to the test version without the bug, as unlikely as that seems. <_<
I dont have much of a problem with it (mostly because i dont know anyone that regularly plays wolf) But haveing a set kb to a move that can stop just about any attack and edge guard AND combo at any % AND set up for killz sounds really dumb... Im pretty sure this move was argued broken before. Plus I dident see anyone that liked it the first time it was released, so one or 2 guys request it and its put in? I thought the set that had it was a GO CRAZY joke set... Wish my mains had one option as good as this new shine T_T (oh wait bowser has a sexy new kill move up-b)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How can it edgeguard if it sends UP, which is the opposite direction you want them going in?

Old shine has better edgeguarding properties than the new one.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to hack the wii so that you don't have to use a wiimote? I might buy a wii if that's possible lmao
Wii Preloader allows you to boot up into the Homebrew channel when you start up your Wii. So all you need to boot up your Wii and start Smash is a Gamecube controller then.

Alternatively, a project is in development called Boot Mii that will do this, but better.

BTW, great momentum fixes!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Wolf's shine is sauce. I failed to see what was wrong with giving him more options, as if I recall correctly, it was primarily used to,

1. Reflect
2. Get people of him

It does the same things, WITH Setups/Follow Ups/etc

I <3 Wolf Pillaring
This times 1000000

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Jump Cancel?

just an idea to add more depth to the game, jump canceling? like FF no matter what point you are in your jump. just an idea. there's obvious negatives and positives. but just an idea :lick:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because you could LITERALLY FF ANYTIME. How can you not see the issues with that?

FF during tumble. FF during aerials. FF during specials. FF during Free fall. FF during Zairs, FF before your peak of a FH OR SH. FF in the middle of an aerial special your not supposed to fast fall.

FF Tornado.

FF Reflector.

>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom