• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
I can't say I'm an outstanding player or that I know a lot of stuff, but IMO Yoshi needs a "slight" recovery buff. It's fairly easy to gimp as long you space the recovering aerial properly and his recovery is easy to predict and therefore space

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The ness/yoshi people:

You have realize that ALOT of the characters have a crappy recovery in this game.

From what I've seen...

Crappy recoveries:

Snake (sucks at earlier percents)
Wolf (sucks all the time)
Fox (it's okay-ish)
Falcon (gets edgeguarded easily)
Falco (sucks)
Sheik (side b is okay but it's a tether so...)
Ike (up-b is good but only if you're under the ledge)
Marth (so easy to gimp now)
Lucas (sucks)
Ness (worse than lucas)
Yoshi (haven't seen first hand but i'm taking the yoshi ppl's word for it)
Link (this guy doesn't know what up-b is supposed to do in smash bros.)
Ivysaur (like brawl)
Squirtle (hard to gimp but his actual up-b sucks for distance)
samus (very predictable)
ganon (distance is poor, he falls too fast, and is a big target)
Lucario (horrible!)

Obviously, if you fixed all of these problems, then no one would die, and we would go right back to vBrawl where everyone only died from hitstun offstage unless you were Link :laugh:. Why should Yoshi/Ness get special treatment?

Leave them as they are; don't let your bias towards the character ruin the game for other people.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Hey are yot guys in the backroom considering putting unrestricted camera in the incoming realeses?

If anyone is anywhere near Ness when he UpBs, he's KO'd. No other options.

He doesn't need to have a good recovery. He needs to have one that isn't gimpable by just being there. Nobody else has a weakness like that.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol even if you hit your opponent with pkt2, he still might not make it back to the stage.

There's also this weird glitch where you dj airdodge and Ness kinda pause then goes down then goes up. It really screws with his only viable recovery option (the double jump, lol@recovering with pkt2).

Out of all the characters cowtipper listed, the only recoveries that are worse (in terms of how gimpable they are) then Ness's are Link's, Snake's, Ivysaur, Olimar, and maybe ganon. Ness is also pretty bad in the fact that it's so easy to combo him offstage.

But yea, the random d-smash buff that doesn't really do anything is pretty useless lmao.

Ness had a pretty decent running speed in 64... Even if he need at's to move quickly, that's was his thing...

Ness can move pretty fast in melee.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
There's also this weird glitch where you dj airdodge and Ness kinda pause then goes down then goes up. It really screws with his only viable recovery option (the double jump, lol@recovering with pkt2).
We're aware of this issue. This affects all characters (although it's most noticeable with Ness / Lucas / Yoshi) and is a side-effect of the AD alterations we were trying. We'll be trying other ways of nerfing AD, but no matter what happens, we'll make sure these characters can DJ AD recover.

I like the new dsmash. It combos okay, and it's damage output is better since the close hitbox of the back swing puts them into the front hitbox. Could use a tiny bit less endlag though to be a real combo starter.
I like the idea of it though.

I'd also have to say that most of those recoveries listed are favorable to Ness', given they can actually sweetspot without having to aim downwards and risking a suicide. It's sad when shooting downwards toward the blastline is favorable to shooting towards the edge at risk of bouncing to your doom.

Ness has always been pretty slow, relative to the rest of the cast. Pretty average in Melee, average in 64, average in Brawl/+
What he had was insane DJC combos in 64, and a decent wavedash and a somewhat nerfed yet still present DJC. In other words, he had good short range movement for combos. A dash speed increase might be a good way to give him this, actually. Something to think about anyway.

So some suggestions and ideas that I've seen.

-Optional DJC-like movement through a modified FF anytime code.
----Uair base KB decreased and growth increased to enable juggles and keep kill power at high %s (if psuedo-DJC is enabled)
-PK Fire momentum to aid recovery and hopefully eliminate horrendous lag
----Some other recovery buff if not this
-Dash speed increase
-More dtilt stun (not thinking this is necessary any more, but I'll include it for completion purposes)

Did I miss anything? Mind you that this is not organized by priority, or by anything for that matter, just trying to gather what's been said.

EDIT: SHeLL, is there any way that shaving frames off of the AD can be preserved? That was one of my favorite recent mechanics changes, and it balanced the AD fairly well, in my opinion.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
''Removed fox dair nerf'' = He can Dair to Upsmash Again?(BKB 40 and KB 50?)

Starscream

Smash Ace
So it's probably been mentioned already but has anybody else gotten random freezes at the match results screen after the players are "Ready for next match"? Not accompanied by the usual freeze sound tone. Also getting freezes randomly when selecting Training mode with the freeze tone.

This is with the 5-1-2009 set + tumble codes, auto-jab fix, friction modifier, and unrestricted pause camera. None of these codes have ever given me problems with previous builds.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
hi
i cant get b+ to run;(
hope u can help
i installed hb and gecko, and copy/pasted the pal codes in the second post in a text file, added texture codes from the texture post, imported them into codemanager and exported to .gct file (game id =RSBP01). and ofc put it into /codes/; and finally i put this
RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)

as gameconfig.txt in the root.
and i put the pal version of .gct from this thread in \private\wii\app\rsbp\pf, where i also have a fighter folder for texture hacks. the .gct has to be named RSBP01.gct like all pal .gct's, right?

but everytime i choose launch game in gecko or try load the codemanager it freezes :/
(btw, my wii is 3.4E)
so i have a few questions :
did i do anything obvious wrong?
i updated to gecko 1.9.0.1; do i have to put the main.dol file anywhere? (isnt explained in the readme and there is no other main.dol file to replace. this is probably the issue)
if i want different codesets (fi no b+, only textures for vB), how do i name the .gct files so they are recognised?

ty in advance,
weinzey

ps: if anything in this post causes legal issues, please just pm me the solution

EDIT: i think i solved the problem by getting the texture hack codes from somewhere else. game is running fine, but when i want to start the code manager on the wii it still freezes (just showes some codes on a black screen)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I post in this thread the most often, but I do check the character threads fairly frequently, as well. I'll respond in the fox thread.

Oh, give it a break. This project wouldn't exist if arguments didn't happen online. Arguments can be and are highly constructive when people are arguing intelligently (unlike yourself). Almost every decision on this project so far has been decided by form of debate. Can you imagine what kind of chaos things would be if it wasn't?

And just because you aren't intelligent doesn't mean other people can't be. I don't "try to look or act smart" online; what you see here is simply me.
lol, now you're just going for insults. there's good and bad arguments. but this is just sad man. whatever floats your boat. ride your high horse for all I care, im not going to continue this. I simply ignore you because gauranteed if this were an in person thing, you wouldn't continue this. besides I even admitted the idea was BAD not broken and you still want to talk about it. my idea bought up conversation and ways to implement it, so why are you still rabbling?

EDIT: BAD
actual edit: if you have anything else to say leave it on my profile, because we're trolling. :l

Almas

Smash Lord
weinzey, you'd have to swap .gcts if you wanted different codes to be active.

Is that the solution from the OP? Paprika Killer noted that another poke might be necessary, try finding his post.

Ryose

Smash Cadet
So it's probably been mentioned already but has anybody else gotten random freezes at the match results screen after the players are "Ready for next match"? Not accompanied by the usual freeze sound tone. Also getting freezes randomly when selecting Training mode with the freeze tone.

This is with the 5-1-2009 set + tumble codes, auto-jab fix, friction modifier, and unrestricted pause camera. None of these codes have ever given me problems with previous builds.
I'm experiencing the same freezing at the result screen and I just have + unrestricted camera with the set. No freezing in training mode though.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
im having one problem because when i try to save the codes, it tells me that there are too many lines of code. is there a way to extend it?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Fix'd.

So would a two-character-specific DJC code be too overpowering?
I don't play Yoshi or Ness so I really can't say from my own personal experience, but look at what they could do in 64. If you shielded an aerial from Ness or Yoshi they could guarantee a shield break, and in Melee I know Yoshi could, but not sure if Ness still could.

Basically they are going to be given buffs already, but their shield pressure games could be a big problem.

I don't mind them having a good pressure game; it isn't like every other character would have it and these are characters that do need some more going for them, but if it has the extreme of being able to force an opponent into shield stun and break it then that is too overpowering in my opinion. I don't know how fast their aerials are, how little lag they have, or how well they already pressure a shield but if it is shown that they can just guarantee a shield break than either the code would have to go or tweak the aerials.

My two cents about the issue.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
''Removed fox dair nerf'' = He can Dair to Upsmash Again?(BKB 40 and KB 50?)
We are trying to set it up so Fox will only be able to U-smash past 100-110ish percent. So it will still be a very reliable kill option, just not used in combos. It's tough to get it to work though.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I don't see a reason why we couldn't. It doesn't have any adverse affects on gameplay and we aren't pressed for lines.
Lets make unlimited camera happen then >=)

All I thought Ness was just fine in B+, I mean yea he was always easy to gimp and didnt have the best tools but, he was okay to me.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol I think the whole cast could shield breaker combo in 64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH4d-L7P_IY

Ness has no shield pressure at all right now, dair has to much startup lag now to even be considered for a shield breaker combo and everything can be shieldgrabbed really easily (fair has no shieldstun).

Leave d-tilt alone. It ***** at edgeguarding.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or was Yoshi doomed to suck in Smash?
They just gave him a really bad moveset.

Same with link. :/

--

They should add the unrestricted camera code to the codeset, it doesn't change nothing about the gameplay.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Lol I think the whole cast could shield breaker combo in 64.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH4d-L7P_IY

Ness has no shield pressure at all right now, dair has to much startup lag now to even be considered for a shield breaker combo and everything can be shieldgrabbed really easily (fair has no shieldstun).

Leave d-tilt alone. It ***** at edgeguarding.
What about Yoshi? I know in Melee he could DJC Dairs for a shield break combo, but again I don't know if he could do anything in the B+ physics.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hey, I was at a b+ tourney. I think we were using the 4/29 codeset, but it needs a slight improvement in the sheild department. sheild grabs were so common. also, I remember hearing two freezes. it wasn't tourney matches thankfully, but they were still apparent. also I placed in doubles and came in 3rd. I won my singles matches but I was registered for singles when I really didn't want to play singles(I didn't pay either). so when I won my matches(I won my winners and losers match) I reported them as losses.

Revven

FrankerZ
hey, I was at a b+ tourney. I think we were using the 4/29 codeset, but it needs a slight improvement in the sheild department. sheild grabs were so common. also, I remember hearing two freezes. it wasn't tourney matches thankfully, but they were still apparent. also I placed in doubles and came in 3rd. I won my singles matches but I was registered for singles when I really didn't want to play singles(I didn't pay either). so when I won my matches(I won my winners and losers match) I reported them as losses.
Yeah 4/29... umm... I don't think shieldstun was low in that, it should be the same as 5/1 which means shield grabs shouldn't be happening often at all unless people were using moves that could be shield grabbed in that set (i.e Fox's Dair).

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
As awesome as B+ sounds, the execution is still a bit off... Maybe it's because you don't have all the codes to modify certain aspects of the game (throw mods, hitbox mods, etc) but there are still some things that just aren't right. Hitstun still doesn't feel right, how does it work in B+? Some moves just seem like they have too much stun. I saw one Diddy Uthrow to a Dair KO 3 times in a single match. Sure the opponent can escape via DI but never have I ever seen so much stun in such a throw.

Sudai

Stuff here
As awesome as B+ sounds, the execution is still a bit off... Maybe it's because you don't have all the codes to modify certain aspects of the game (throw mods, hitbox mods, etc) but there are still some things that just aren't right. Hitstun still doesn't feel right, how does it work in B+? Some moves just seem like they have too much stun. I saw one Diddy Uthrow to a Dair KO 3 times in a single match. Sure the opponent can escape via DI but never have I ever seen so much stun in such a throw.
Melee:
Marth vs any Spacie: UThrow > DAir.
Falco vs any Spacie: UThrow > Dair.
Many other characters vs many other characters: Some throw > Some kill move.

Smash 64:
Anyone vs Anyone: UThrow > DAir.
Anyone vs Anyone: Throw KO at 90%

Throw to death combos have been in every smash game. Learn to DI and don't complain. Hitstun has been tested thoroughly. If there's anything that needs changing, it will be done through individual knockback ratios or damage percents on moves.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Yeah 4/29... umm... I don't think shieldstun was low in that, it should be the same as 5/1 which means shield grabs shouldn't be happening often at all unless people were using moves that could be shield grabbed in that set (i.e Fox's Dair).
a sweet knee on someones sheild I performed was grabbed.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Is there anyway you could tell us how the codes work so we could edit them ourselves for fun. For example I'd like to make the game a little faster

Sudai

Stuff here
Main menu > Brawl > Special Brawl > Lightning Mode (or whatever the fast version is called in this game)

Really though, I think there's an explanation for most of the codes somewhere.

Almas

Smash Lord
In the Code Agenda thread you can find an explanation for most, if not all, of the codes.

Ryose

Smash Cadet
Whoa, whoa. Game freezes at "ready for next battle" and I'm using the nightly build code set by itself now. Downloading the gct instead of making me own to see if the problem persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom