• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I like someone's idea of having C.Falcon saying YES! everytime he lands a knee, lol!
Win.

On the matter of competitive changes, I had an idea for the Ice Climbers (I dunno why): I know the the helping Climber spikes with the F-Air, so why not do something similar with the D-Smash? Change the leading Climber's D-Smash angle to be at a pretty low angle (maybe 15 degrees?), but keep the helping Climber's as it is This way, when both Climbers are synched, both D-Smashes will hit, but the foe will be sent up high, but if the leading Climber is by him/herself, the D-Smash will send out.

???

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Win.

On the matter of competitive changes, I had an idea for the Ice Climbers (I dunno why): I know the the helping Climber spikes with the F-Air, so why not do something similar with the D-Smash? Change the leading Climber's D-Smash angle to be at a pretty low angle (maybe 15 degrees?), but keep the helping Climber's as it is This way, when both Climbers are synched, both D-Smashes will hit, but the foe will be sent up high, but if the leading Climber is by him/herself, the D-Smash will send out.

???
So basically you're saying, have Nana's dsmash send up, and Popo's Dsmash send out?

m i rite?

D

Deleted member

since when do we want to buff IC even more?

the idea of promoting desyncing is good though, but then we would have to make the attacks themselves weaker to compensate.

Sukai

Smash Champion
since when do we want to buff IC even more?

the idea of promoting desyncing is good though, but then we would have to make the attacks themselves weaker to compensate.
I disagree, remaining as powerhouses keeps them a solid threat.
If a nerf in strength is called for, I doubt it'd be that great of one.

Slipsystem13

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to change the ASL for certain characters such as Ness and Lucas, recovering with them can put you into a nasty spot. If you hit the ledge you die and if you recover on the stage you are setting yourself up for being attacked. The same problems occurs with Diddy Kong, he must recover onto the stage instead of the ledge setting himself up to be killed. Also I think it is necessary to restore the second jump for certain characters if not all the characters so that characters like Yoshi aren't as susceptible to gimping. Also I apologize if I sound noobish or uneducated about certain characters. This is merely my observation after a small time of playing Brawl+ unlike some of the other veterans. Also sorry if I am repeating concerns of others.

shanus

Smash Hero
Is there any way to change the ASL for certain characters such as Ness and Lucas, recovering with them can put you into a nasty spot. If you hit the ledge you die and if you recover on the stage you are setting yourself up for being attacked. The same problems occurs with Diddy Kong, he must recover onto the stage instead of the ledge setting himself up to be killed. Also I think it is necessary to restore the second jump for certain characters if not all the characters so that characters like Yoshi aren't as susceptible to gimping. Also I apologize if I sound noobish or uneducated about certain characters. This is merely my observation after a small time of playing Brawl+ unlike some of the other veterans. Also sorry if I am repeating concerns of others.
You can sweetspot the ledge with them consistently with a little practice. Just an FYI

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
@Slipsystem

For Ness and Lucas (& probably Diddy) try aiming a little bit lower than the actual edge of the stage. This should help you to sweetspot it, although recovering high is often still a better choice.

TL?

Smash Ace
Hows about putting less ending lag on Jigglypuff's down smash? :p

Edit: oh and i almost forgot, ROB's side-b launches him really far for some reason. Is this a bug or intended?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Win.

???
wait, can we do this!? DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Almas

Smash Lord
I believe Y.S. already ported most of them - you'll have to dig through the texture/gct loader threads.

D

Deleted member

the gct loader is already ported by Y.S.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

since the porting of beta 4.0 isn't really progressing I'm thinking about posting what I have so far.
this means the following will still be missing:
-luigi mansion always down
-handicap = buffer scale
-custom CSS

last one isn't really a problem and luigi mansion can simply not be played on for now but the buffer code is really bugging me.

:034:

Smash Hero
Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me, P Killer. I think a lot of people play on the lowest buffer anyway, so just go ahead and post it, and then update it later with the full codeset.

shanus

Smash Hero
the gct loader is already ported by Y.S.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447

since the porting of beta 4.0 isn't really progressing I'm thinking about posting what I have so far.
this means the following will still be missing:
-luigi mansion always down
-handicap = buffer scale
-custom CSS

last one isn't really a problem and luigi mansion can simply not be played on for now but the buffer code is really bugging me.
Yeah, just go ahead and post it with a global buffer of 2 instead of the handicap buffer.

D

Deleted member

guess what, I managed to port it. credit goed to almas who almost found the correct adress. yu were off by a mere 0x04.

I also managed to remove an error from some other codes which I ported sloppy.

updating OP now.

EDIT: done.

Smash Hero
Well, I can tell you the codes don't work in gameplay. I thought it was my textures at first: but when I changed the codes I got the same problems... Here's what happens:

The default settings modifier works, I can select my characters like normal and nothing really freezes. But what happens is when the game starts up and you hit your opponent, you get lines of colors over your screen (apparently, part of the texture of your opponent?). This stays for a while until you sort of wiggle out (the one who's hit disappears), which sometimes result in a footstool.

I can only imagine that something is wrong with either the Lag Reduction codes, or the Hitstun/Launch Power modifier or anything else that directly involves getting hit.

D

Deleted member

aw, no.

that was the error I got at my friends place, we had no clue how we could fix it and here I never ever had that error.

EDIT:
the only thing I can even think of that could cause this is the system version I'm running. I'm on 3.2E and never updated since.

Ialso can't get the double gct method working (keeps freezing) so I'm still using wiird and my laptop (did the same at my friends so that can't be it

Smash Hero
I'm using 3.4E, but that shouldn't be a cause of the problem - the previous versions of B+ worked fine. I don't think it's in the double gct method either: the game starts up normally and some of the codes work (evident by the default settings working) so... I dunno. I'm not a coder.

D

Deleted member

so do you need 3.4 to use the double gct, because it keeps on freezing here.

F:\codes\RSBP01.gct
contains the 4 loader codes, in order

F:\private\Wii\App\RSBP\pf\RSBP01.gct
tried the whole set, and only default setting+level freezer.

both cases it froze after saying "applying codes"

D

Deleted member

maybe you can try loaading up only a few codes to try and find out which one is causing the problems, then I might be able to fix it.

shanus

Smash Hero
Dutchman, give him your loader just in case he is using the wrong loader.

V-K

Smash Ace
okay, have the same problem, when I hit someone there is a color explosion on the screen.

BUT in the training mode it seems to work perfectly.

Revven

FrankerZ
Could it handicap = buffering somehow? 'Cause if it works perfectly in training mode and handicap = buffering cannot be turned on in training mode... >.> <.<

D

Deleted member

well no. since I hadn't ported that yet, when I was at my friends house and we got the same error.
more likely candidates are hitbox,jump/grav and frame speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom