• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Turns out this boy has his own wedding to attend. I'mma rofl if it's the same one. For sure ****ing drunk in a closet if fate combines our paths.

He's decently adorable. A bit light for my tastes, but he makes up for it in delicious nerdiness.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I'm thinking of coming out to my close friends.

1 of them already knows, but the other 2 don't.

I wish coming out were easier. Aside from people who actually read the Peach social thread, only 3 people know. 1 of them found out by apparently spying on me on smashboards (my brother), 1 I've just kind of thrown it out there, and the other is gay so I wasn't too worried about reaction or anything.

So oh boy.

This'll be fun.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
He's decently adorable. A bit light for my tastes, but he makes up for it in delicious nerdiness.

Is your new boyfriend made out of beer or something?

I wish coming out were easier. Aside from people who actually read the Peach social thread, only 3 people know. 1 of them found out by apparently spying on me on smashboards (my brother), 1 I've just kind of thrown it out there, and the other is gay so I wasn't too worried about reaction or anything.

So oh boy.

This'll be fun.
Good luck! In my experience, coming out is worse in theory than it is in practice. It's better to just get it over with so you can move on with your life. It's inevitable that people will eventually find out. So worth it to come out sooner than later.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well I'mma be srs here.

So oh boy.

This'll be fun.
Well good luck. I have yet to come out to many people I know so I dunno what I'll do about them but 2 good friends of mine know and they told me "I knew it this whole time!" when I said it. They were trying to guess this person I liked and pressured me but I thought "what the hay" and said "It's a guy." ♥

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I started out by coming out to two of my closest friends, then after that I just let everyone else figure it out on their own.
I stopped lying about girls, made Jake Gyllenhaal my avatar and everyone caught on.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm starting to wonder whether I'm obviously gay or not.

This is the second person whose response was along the lines of "I figured".

That said I literally just did it, I was like **** it, the longer I put this off the longer its going to eat at me.

And my Mum was basically fine with it.

So yay!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I started out by coming out to two of my closest friends, then after that I just let everyone else figure it out on their own.
I stopped lying about girls, made Jake Gyllenhaal my avatar and everyone caught on.

somethin like that for me too.... though I have to maintain SOME degree of closestedness around my hometown for the sake of my parents. (it's what they want)

And I'm not a flamer or anything anyway, so it's not too terribly difficult.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaay too worried about what everyone thinks of me.

irl I'm like the quietest person ever simply because I'm worried I'm going to say something I'll regret.

But I'm getting better with just being myself... though I still hide a lot of who I am from people.

So coming out is kinda a little bit hard for me.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

irl I'm like the quietest person ever simply because I'm worried I'm going to say something I'll regret.

But I'm getting better with just being myself... though I still hide a lot of who I am from people.

ohmygoshweretotallyalikeyouandi

srsly not bs'ing you :3

Takumaru

Smash Lord
somethin like that for me too.... though I have to maintain SOME degree of closestedness around my hometown for the sake of my parents. (it's what they want)
Incoming rant/life story:
I wish my parents had done this. They outed me to EVERYONE without asking or telling me. I came home one day and suddenly everyone and their mom knew I was gay. They even told people in line at the super market, waiters, and anyone who had ears. I was introduced to everyone as "their gay son". Quite frankly, that whole thing infuriated me. I'm not closeted by any means, but I wanted to tell people on my terms. Now all of the people who knew me pre-outing only see me as the "gay one".

What pisses me off even more is I'm much more than the token *** in my family. But no one asks me about my research, grad school applications, work, presentation or anything else my life revolves around. What do they ask about? Being gay. I just want to shout "GODDAMMIT! Being gay is not my primary identifier! Can we all move past 2009 now? Jesus. Rollerblading. Christ."

Yeah... /end rant.
:awesome:

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy that I came out because it eliminated a good deal of the fluff from my life. I'm happier in general too because I don't have to hide my boyfriend or dodge people's questions. But people can be so incredulously stupid sometime.

And I'm not a flamer or anything anyway, so it's not too terribly difficult.
It's true. I'm more flaming than you are and most people don't consider me flaming.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, that's a large part of what I'm worried about. :/

It's like, it's freaking 2011, there are men who like men. GET OVER IT.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Well it's worth it in the end. The people who see you as just another homo aren't worth your time. It's just an easy way to filter out the rubbish.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah...

But it's like when I was in elementary school.

Some people found out I had mental issues, ADHD and apsergers...

Suddenly I was a complete outcast.

Really don't want to repeat that ever... I really don't think I could take it.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant

I used to be the same way, but then I stumbled upon a nice quote.
"What others think of you is none of your business."
Ever since I heard it I have lived by it every day.

I am not out to anyone that isn't a close friend.
Since I am still living with my parents, and I would more than likely be kicked out if they knew, I would rather they not know.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
I'm debating whether or not to bring my new boyfriend to my family's wedding tomorrow.

Might be fun. Apparently I'm allowed booze. :D
Hmm, you should do it!
and now you understand how to be a politician. yay
Oooo... being a politician sounds fun. ;)

Good for the people who are out already, and good luck to those who are thinking of coming out (to more people).

It's not too bad, I mean it sucks that I have to keep lying about who I am, but it's not killing me or anything.

Also, I laughed pretty hard at that sig.
Yep, at least you're out to some friends. It makes it easier when you're out to some people that you know well so that it doesn't feel like you have to hide it from everybody.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I just came out officially to everyone like, last week. Probably the third or fourth time I've told my mom. I think she gets it now and will stop being annoying. Everything seems to be going fine and normal.

I have a family get together thingy tomorrow so that should be interesting. I'm really excited to see who all from my family knows/how they'll act. I'll be the talk of the gathering. :awesome:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Meno I agree,it the reason this story came into being.

I thought my night was over in the taxi on the way back from the club tonight.

Well how wrong was I?

Literally as I was getting into bed this guy I had cammed with on skype messaged me asking if I wanted to come over to his.

I knew he lived miles away so asked if he could shoulder some of the cost.

That was fine.

The taxi ended up costing 60 euro, 15 of which I paid.

I had never met him properly before, but we basically got straight to it when I arrived.

20 mins of pleasure later, we were done and he dropped me home.

I must say that was the strangest sexual experience I have ever had.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

Well how wrong was I?

Literally as I was getting into bed this guy I had cammed with on skype messaged me asking if I wanted to come over to his.

That was fine.

I had never met him properly before, but we basically got straight to it when I arrived.

http://youtu.be/oyFQVZ2h0V8

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

Well how wrong was I?

That was fine.

I feel like I just watched Inception.

Pikaville

7 years of repressed sexual urges says otherwise Air :3

Honestly it's was ****ing weird.

He didn't want to kiss or anything.

Pikaville

I always use protection, don't worry about that.

I was fine with just doing him TBH.

I just found it strange that he didn't want to foreplay or anything.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
No no, I wasn't saying that about Sentinel. Just the guy he's talking about, haha.

No sleep at all and I have to be around a lot of people today. Not good.
Here's hoping I don't get disgraced from the family for my recent revelations. :awesome:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
No no, I wasn't saying that about Sentinel. Just the guy he's talking about, haha.

No sleep at all and I have to be around a lot of people today. Not good.
Here's hoping I don't get disgraced from the family for my recent revelations. :awesome:
I hope it goes well. Honestly at this point if peoplestop loving you for something like that they basically never loved you if there minds are swayed so easy

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Isn't necrophiliac ... ummmm...attraction to corpses....

But yeah, congratulations Air, your life should get better from here, starting with self-confidence and self-respect.

Top Bottom