• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Metatitan

Smash Master
Flame just tell your parents everything about who you are. There's no point in hiding it, if you can't confide in the people who are supposed to love you no matter what then who can you confide in? If they're good parents they'll love you no matter what you do.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i just spilled water on my laptop and it made some HORRIFIC beeping sound for like 30 straight seconds.

I turned it off and back on and now it's working but like half of my keyboard doesn't work; also my dad just lost his job.

IM CURSED

DID YOU DO THIS PEACHGUARD?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Flame just tell your parents everything about who you are. There's no point in hiding it, if you can't confide in the people who are supposed to love you no matter what then who can you confide in? If they're good parents they'll love you no matter what you do.
...or kick him out. You can't just make blanket statements like that.

Honesty will always be the best policy, but sometimes people have different priorities. Like living in a house.

Approach things on a per-person basis. I came out slowly to people I absolutely trusted first - my brother for example, months before I came out to my dad or mom.

Hahahahahahahaha

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I've been hiding it for almost 2 years pretty well imo.

My parents [at least my mom]

know of my crossdressing and are kinda ashamed.

they don't know its this bad tho.

Honestly I think I'm going to tell my older brother 1st before my parents.

He's been really helpful as of late with letting me stay the nights so I don't have to deal with my sister =\

z00ted

****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
he's 16 so i doubt his parents are gonna put him out but at the same time his sister is a **** and his parents are ultra religious ( i thiiink, it's just the vibe I get from talking to his mom).

and flame your bro seems pretty cool too
but something about him seems off to me, a very obvious something lmao.

culexus・wau

I'll tell you more about my brother next time I see you Raz.

He's kinda been through a lot lol

Depression, [almost] endless debt, a relationship that left him in the gutter, and problems with my parents

and thats not even counting the stuff I don't know well but am just aware of.

He's cleaned up his act in the last 5 years however.

Sometimes I forget he's 30+ yrs old.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Damm. I had an idea for you put not gonna work at your age. I thought you was older.

Best advice I can give you is put up with it. just ignore it all. Thats what I had to do with my mom. And for years until I turned 17, things went bad and got put in a foster home. Friend there with a dfferent family, and I escape that nightmare.

Or, talk to the people in your family that get you. Have them get through to your mom. Cause this BS seriously has to end. You can't be living like that dude. I had to sufer from 9 yers of depression and counting. I really could not do much cause I was always home and could not go out to have a social life. Only time I saw people was at school. And cause of this, my depression got worst. Plus dealing with my moms BS. And that is not something good or healthy to deal with. Even though your problem is different from what I went through around your age, I know how you feel. And it does not feel good.

Talk to your bro and others close to you in the family. You have to take control of your life. Even from your mom and you came out of here.

culexus・wau

My mom is cool.

its just... We have an awkward rocky relationship.

not as awkward as me and my dad though.

whats scares me about coming out with this is that I don't even have the slightest clue how the rest of my immediate family would react, which scares me.

also being of pinoy decent, once word gets out, it'll spread ALLLLLLLL over the family, even if you think a few people are tight lipped, it'll get out of eventually.

We gossip way too ****ing much, even I'm guilty of this :<

Its getting better though:

I actually have to interact and learn life skills at my brothers, he teaches me a lot of ****.

My psych agreed to let me work on slowly getting off my terrible medication even though my mom doesn't completely agree with it.

I get to stay away from my sister until she finally moves. don't have to be stressed about the rest of the family getting mad at me from stressing her [She gets miserable when she's stressed because she has alopesia [spellcheck plz ;x], which is basically her losing hair whenever she gets extremely stressed, she's already stressed as it is with the whole wedding + working in the magazine industry but mehhhh]

I'm still in touch with everyone who supports me, which is the important thing.

I have a lot to look forward to this year really lol.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
You just have to keep your head up and be patient. As hard as it might be, you have to ignore their comments until you're 18 or able to provide yourself so you won't have to hear their remarks anymore. Then they can decide if they want to accept or forget. You'll be able to make your own life decisions and hopefully be happier.

culexus・wau

Thats pretty much the plan air.

once I'm 18 I'm out.

College Dorms.

Apartments.

anything.

from there on I can be my own person, without having to worry about what my family would think.

God knows I don't care what society thinks already ;>

if I try I pass off well anyway soooo its usually not a problem.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You just have to keep your head up and be patient. As hard as it might be, you have to ignore their comments until you're 18 or able to provide yourself so you won't have to hear their remarks anymore. Then they can decide if they want to accept or forget. You'll be able to make your own life decisions and hopefully be happier.
Bingo. Thats what I did. As much as i went through and all that pain. I did just this. Well till I was 17 really and got sent to foster care. But I was so much happier with the new family and had more freedom. it pays off on the long run. And will make you a stronger person for it. I had to put up with it all since I was 12 years old.

If a crazy fool like me could do it, I'm sure you can too.

culexus・wau

Believe me I had my fair share of enduring painful comments.

highschool kids.... sigh.

I really appreciate how open the smash community is.

I really do.

So enough sad moping time, I feel like a good weight has been lifted off my shoulders already.

Anyone got tips on passing the test to get a driver's permit? :x I'm looking into driving schools lately.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Idk about the permit test, but the actual license test is so easy. I literally looked over the signs for 5 minutes and passed it. All you need to know is the signs. Everything else will be either common sense or things that you should easily be able to recall from driver's ed.

culexus・wau

Ill have you tried like.

switching out they keyboard?

or plugging in a USB keyboard if its a laptop?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm glad my mom is a lesbian... it wasn't anythiing to hide.. And look at me now... going to the club with her and her gf every now and then to see the drag shows and drink.

culexus・wau

that must be cool kyon :x.

I'm jelly.

hmm I'll look into online tests, thanks guys.

also holy **** peach is gdlk with the bunny ears.

Bunny Ears Peach ditto MM next tournament I see you at guys? ;o

z00ted

Ill have you tried like.

switching out they keyboard?

or plugging in a USB keyboard if its a laptop?
yes, but sometimes when i turn it on it starts beeping for like EVER, it's terrible

i think my hard drive fried.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Also I don't give a **** I do think Guard is cute. Can't say that to many people here....
:)

This.
i just spilled water on my laptop and it made some HORRIFIC beeping sound for like 30 straight seconds.

I turned it off and back on and now it's working but like half of my keyboard doesn't work; also my dad just lost his job.

IM CURSED

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

My mom is cool.

its just... We have an awkward rocky relationship.

not as awkward as me and my dad though.

whats scares me about coming out with this is that I don't even have the slightest clue how the rest of my immediate family would react, which scares me.

also being of pinoy decent, once word gets out, it'll spread ALLLLLLLL over the family, even if you think a few people are tight lipped, it'll get out of eventually.

We gossip way too ****ing much, even I'm guilty of this :<

Its getting better though:

I actually have to interact and learn life skills at my brothers, he teaches me a lot of ****.

My psych agreed to let me work on slowly getting off my terrible medication even though my mom doesn't completely agree with it.

I get to stay away from my sister until she finally moves. don't have to be stressed about the rest of the family getting mad at me from stressing her [She gets miserable when she's stressed because she has alopesia [spellcheck plz ;x], which is basically her losing hair whenever she gets extremely stressed, she's already stressed as it is with the whole wedding + working in the magazine industry but mehhhh]

I'm still in touch with everyone who supports me, which is the important thing.

I have a lot to look forward to this year really lol.
Recently(Well last year anyway) my best friend came out to me and told me he was gay. Apparently, I didn't even know I was friends with his bf. Well anyway, he had a hard time coming out to his parents, but when he finally did his mother took it a bit hard. His father and sister were completely fine with it. She slowly started accepting it and everything seems pretty fine. He even introduced his bf to the family and they're all pretty happy with him. It really all just deppends on how willing your parents are about accepting it.

Me and my bestie are 10x closer now. It's sort of another reason why I'm pretty comfortable with gay people.

Kyon is just awesome. <3

Btw Illmatic, sorry about your dad's job. I didn't mean the curse to take it that far.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Nope, not at all. I'm actually a really nice person, I just like to joke around a lot. I just kindly let him know that I'm straight and that I wasn't really weirded out by him coming onto me and that I'd like to still be his friend since he's a cool dude. But he never hung out with me after that night, I guess I still upset him somehow?

We still talk on FB and he seems cool, he just always says he's going to chill with me but he never does.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Driving Permit test is simple. Don't get this question wrong like I always did way back then asking where your front tires should be facing when uphill a curb.

Remember up and away. Then downhill the front tires are facing to the curb. That question is always on the test and I remember f---ing that question away everytime. Make sure when you get the when you hear emergency sirens you put you pull to the right and STOP. You be surprise how many people get that wrong. Ah the good old days. XD

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hmm...
I guess so, but he doesn't want to admit it?

Not sure, but that sucks. Gay or straight I don't like losing cool people.

You should seriously try planning something with an actual day and time, unless you already have. Maybe he really does wanna hang out, but things get in the way.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
We have planned in advance, things never happened. He was such a nice guy too, he gave me a Lady Gaga poster, he offered to fix my computer, and he was willing to sell me his old TV so I'd upgrade (I just got some ****ty, bulky 20" CRTV).

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I lurk too much for people to know much about me lol. I'm not an open person anyway. It is interesting to read into your individual personalities and thoughts on life though.

:rosalina:

Top Bottom