• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Do any of you peachs play wifi?

in regards to dash attack...

I only use it to mix-up when dash grab is getting predictable and they start sidestepping.

I also use it for interruption VS Lucario fsmash

its decent at catching landings 2 because of the 2 hitboxes

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Yeah I play wifi :D

Imo, dash attack is a great move, but it doesn't really fit my style... I personally don't use it much, but I do see it punishing landing lag (especially those people who always air dodge right before they land LOL). The main character I use it against is SH DL Falco's, because Peach's dash attack makes her shorter, making it easier to get through the laserzz

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
dash attack is a great move and i like, but it can be risky.
also when i play wifi i don't use peach.
also does anyone ever delay their dashgrabs? there is a long window in the dash where you can make it a grab, it's kind of interesting.

also 80's rap is so silly, i like it alot more than modern stuff.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
The best parts about wifi are
1) Timing people out
2) Spamming dair/getting insane dair combos that don't work offline
3) Hearing everyone complain about dair

Dair dair everywhere

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
DUDE yes

Timing people out....

Rick knows all about that ****.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
We should get together and do wifi dubs imo

KB I have the most fun timing people out as peach LOL

so ****ing fun while farming turnips <3

z00ted

nothing is better than timing someone out on wifi.

you don't have to go through all the aches and pains that usually come with it after the match offline.

you just sit back... read the hate and laugh..

Xyless

Smash Master
Until I can get someone to finally give me replays of my Beach in tourney play, here's a fun friendly with the legendary OOK!

http://tinyurl.com/387hmug

Needs more bob-ombs and spike combos.

EDIT: The original link has the "gay" F word in it, so I'm gonna tinyurl it.

z00ted

malformed id...

wat da

i think you have a swear word in your URL ...

LOL GET OWEND

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
OMG I HATE WIFI!!! I HAVE BEEN WI-FI'ING FOR THE PAST THREE - FOUR MONTHS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF TOURNIES SO WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE SMASHING OR IMPROVING, I HAVE TO PLAY ****ING ***** *** **** WIFI.

BUT I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE IT'S DRIVING ME CRAAAZYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how can people assert Peach is good, she's balls on wi-fi, she can't even pressure anymore, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT LLOD

:053:

Xyless

Smash Master
Someone please tell me the name of that song in Xyless's video. I know it from somewhere, but I cannot remember where and it is killing me to find out @_@

Haha! I think I figured it out. It was a play off of the song in this animation of nightmare city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjQ0DilngkE
Huh, I had no idea. The name of the chiptune song is in the description (Firebird). It's my favorite of my Pictochat songs by far.

Didn't realize it was a cover of another song.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
OMG I HATE WIFI!!! I HAVE BEEN WI-FI'ING FOR THE PAST THREE - FOUR MONTHS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF TOURNIES SO WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE SMASHING OR IMPROVING, I HAVE TO PLAY ****ING ***** *** **** WIFI.

BUT I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE IT'S DRIVING ME CRAAAZYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how can people assert Peach is good, she's balls on wi-fi, she can't even pressure anymore, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT LLOD
Peach feels impossible to use on wifi. I wanna use her to fight the rollimars. D:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i wish i had at least someone to wifi w/. :c

i haven't played wifi or anyone decent in like a year.... i mindlessly Dair all day cause everyone i play w/ rolls into it......

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't understand why people have such a hard time with Peachs that spamm Dair or are aggressive. Even for wifi. When they play like that, half the battle is already yours. You don't have to worry about approaching. They always gonna come to you trying to style on you.

If they wanna Dair all day, there is 4 things you can go to counter it:

1- If they short hop or float>dair in a short hop height, full up and Dair them. Full hop dairs or even Nairs kill all this.

2- If they float a lil higher and wanna Dair, Get a turnip, Glide toss upward to an uptilt. Thats my signature move. Love doing that. You can also ground float under then to Uair.

3- If she is a lil high, run under her, float hop or w/e it is called now (I just say persudo wave dash) and uptilt.

4- Jump a lil higher then they are and snip them on the head with a turnip. Hits her out of it.

Hell, if you want, go to her and whip out toad. You catch them a few times, people will think twice before trying to go all Dair happy. I said many times an aggressive Peach is not hard to stop. Even for wifi. If they are gonna keep being aggressive and doing the same thing, wait it out. This is your chance to get your defense game in where it >aggressive Peach. Won'ts you gets your hits in, just get out of there, and let the other just try to hit you with air attacks. If you play close attention, there is a few openings you can take easy.

This is why Characters like Marth, Lucario, and characters who have Bairs like Kirby don't play that. And if you play like that against characters who roll alot, you are not gonna get anywhere and you will be left open.

This is why I can do Peach dittos and never had a problem with it. I do this to all agressive Peach players. Really ones that wanna be air happy with Dairs. Offline or online, I rarely lose them.

To me. I think people hate this cause both sides wanna just go in with Dairs and be aggressive. in this case, it is gonna be a problem if one side just gets his hits in. The other player hardly has a D game, or if they do, it is weak. So they can't stop the enemy or get decent hits off.

if 2 aggressive peach players are on the field, it is not a matter of who is smarter. It's all about who can attack first and non stop. if one side is defensive. The D Player has the advantage. People think I seriously kid around and full of it when I say it is not easy to stop an aggressive Peach. it really isn't. This is why Olimar diddy, IC and wario can rip you apart. You giving them the advantage now that you suppose to have.

Now if Both players are D, this is a match up about brains. Who is smarter. Lots of baiting, zoning in and match control. Even if one side gets the lead, they will not rush to take that stock. There is no need for rambo Peach. Cause you are just gonna give more advantage to the enemy with his lead.

But w/e, thats just me and I doubt any would agree. Only time I lose a ditto is if I play aggressive (which I hate) if I don't, I don't really lose them. And its a cause of what I said here.

z00ted

I go aggressive in Peach dittos until I get the first kill then I automatically switch to defensive and I almost always win.

Nicole

Smash Champion
ya i agree yaaay, i dunno HOW people like playing peach on wifi. she is very precise and wifi just gives her lag and its ridiculous. not that i have a good connection at all, but the few times i've tried playing it is just pitiful. it amazes me how good people get from playing wifi, tbh.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All my good 2008/09 results were due to wifi

Anti,ally, and adhd all started on wifi. Thats how they got good, went offline and started ******.

Also reason I was good back then is cause with wifi, It forces you to think ahead. When I do something, I know what I will do three moves later. And it helps me time/buffer moves. Then I play offline and use that same technique and it improves my game alot. Also use it for match up practice.

People these days play wifi to show off and stand out. Then think they are hot **** or soooooooo good cause of it. You are not gonan get anywhere with that. Just have your *** whooped if you dar come offline to a tourny.

Wifi is one of the most helpful tools to help your game. Wifi is a work out. You abuse it, then you will be fine or even better offline. Peach is not hard to use if the connection is good. And no, I don't mean gong all Dair happy. I can use her like it is offline. Simple fact that I know there will be some input delay and I will have to be thinking ahead unless I wanna be stuck there putting a command and not do anything.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
All my good 2008/09 results were due to wifi

Anti,ally, and adhd all started on wifi. Thats how they got good, went offline and started ******.

Also reason I was good back then is cause with wifi, It forces you to think ahead. When I do something, I know what I will do three moves later. And it helps me time/buffer moves. Then I play offline and use that same technique and it improves my game alot. Also use it for match up practice.

People these days play wifi to show off and stand out. Then think they are hot **** or soooooooo good cause of it. You are not gonan get anywhere with that. Just have your *** whooped if you dar come offline to a tourny.

Wifi is one of the most helpful tools to help your game. Wifi is a work out. You abuse it, then you will be fine or even better offline. Peach is not hard to use if the connection is good. And no, I don't mean gong all Dair happy. I can use her like it is offline. Simple fact that I know there will be some input delay and I will have to be thinking ahead unless I wanna be stuck there putting a command and not do anything.
Very interesting.

It's true. Sadly there isn't enough players that do this for the fear of one thing not going accordingly.

I myself play like that, but it helps me be slightly more conservative. All of my strings and combos are reaction, looking at hit stun, and trying to pile on my other quicker options to keep them in that state, while keeping them close enough to string.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wifi is ********. I've given it numerous chances, but I can't take it seriously after some of the gimmicks I've seen at work on there. Lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I take training seriously, you said wifi was good for training. I don't like wifi, therefore training on there is ******** to me yo.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You're not to take wi-fi seriously in the way you shouldn't bother whether you have won or lost: it doesn't matter because wi-fi sucks. Wifi is to be taken seriously if you want to improve your reading skills etc. and to a minor extent, learning match-ups better.

The thing is it drives me crazy since playing as an offline Peach on wi-fi just really really sucks, gets boring very quickly to me and I'd like to play Brawl without 8273954039768547589367 frames of lag disturbing my game. It's also a pain in the *** to minimize wi-fi habits and to play in a fashion that is identical to my offline Peach, but offline Peach just... doesn't work online >_>

:052:

Top Bottom