• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
such a beautiful avatar bluepeachy

im testing my success between peach/sheik/zelda on aib ladder

looks like my success is really matchup dependent but

im really lovin the triple princess mains

peach is really godlike against pit and lucario, two characters that are superrrr annoying against sheik/zelda

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Thank you, Onii-chan(Teczero) made me use it, lol.

AiB ladders is pissing me off. If the games are laggy, and I request a cancellation people are all like "Oh, no, you lost, blah, blah, blah" and then I lose disputes and stuff. ;_; The only person I legitimately lost to was Silly Kyle. f**k Wi-Fi[/johns]

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wifi is making me the beast I use to be when I was 1-3 best Peach. Can't wait to hit a tournament once I start working.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Online blows for someone like me who doesn't like to downgrade back to a basic '08 Peach playstyle.
Who said you had too? Wifi is all about thinking ahead. And if the connection is good you can play fine. This is how Ally and ADHD got beast through wifi. I can play wifi like it is offline. Just like I can switch to melee and brawl back and fourth and still able to play both games.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Who said you had too? Wifi is all about thinking ahead. And if the connection is good you can play fine. This is how Ally and ADHD got beast through wifi. I can play wifi like it is offline. Just like I can switch to melee and brawl back and fourth and still able to play both games.
Yeah I know, it still bothers me that it's my only consistent option for practice. I hate living in such a ****ty area of the MW. Cleveland is filled with SSF4 fans and shooter fans, basically.

And I hate that some ridiculous strategies can still be more effective on wifi than they are offline even if you think ahead. Some of the people on the AiB ladder are ********, incapable of following rules, etc. Lucarios get away with some of the dumbest **** that I normally punish offline, same with Snakes and some MKs. Some of those people haven't even been to a real tournament yet, and only under those wifi circumstances would they ever go even/beat me in a match/set. It's just...ugh...

Xyless

Smash Master
Peach got this son! I'm already calling it.

1) Xyless
2) Mikey
3) KB
4) M2K

(after #1, the order is of no importance)

MW Peaches got this!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll just meet people at random since I know so many people that are going. If you're looking for me, I'll be wearing the shirt in my avatar.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Mlg won't be as much fun as pound because me and white aren't there together but I guess you guys can have a good time.

@White Peach all you know how to do is get strawberry syurp pour it everywhere and make a big mess and want people to clean after you? Hussies gonna huss you trick............................

<3

Nicole

Smash Champion
Peach got this son! I'm already calling it.

1) Nicole
2) Jlo
3) Xyless
4) Mikey
5) KB
(**** M2K)

(after #1, the order is of no importance)

MW Peaches got this!
actually fixed.

one of us should try to get top 16 though. if luigi can do it, surely one of us can get up there. let's play patiently and smart and not get flustered if our opponents are living until 230%.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Mlg won't be as much fun as pound because me and white aren't there together but I guess you guys can have a good time.

@White Peach all you know how to do is get strawberry syurp pour it everywhere and make a big mess and want people to clean after you? Hussies gonna huss you trick............................
Last I remember, that was the blood of metaknight and i savored every last drop. EVEN AFTER MY BIG OMELET COVERED WITH HOLLANDAISE!

But yeah, pre-emptive bad news: :( I dont think I can go to Apex because the 2 closest hospitals arent hiring right now. One of them doesnt have any openings posted, and one has a wait list for a fall program for new nurses (new nurses have to be paired with an experienced nurse to start out for obvious safety reasons.) That would have been more or less fine, but it basically gets more unlikely now that I have been getting early bills telling me that I have to start making payments on my student loans. I really don't think I have the money to spend, and it's unlikely that I'll get a call back before the end of the summer. And even if I did, disappearing at the very beginning of a nursing job to go play a game looks bad (not that I'd tell them, but still, disappearing as soon as you get a job is bad.)

So yeah :( I was hoping to have a job, but there's been a hiring freeze in my area that kind of sucks. If I'm unable to get a job at a local hospital by the end of the summer, I'm going to have to look into traveling to Washington DC for a job in one of their many hospitals. I'm avoiding it because I dont want my work days to look like this:

Wake up
Traffic for hours
Hospital for 12hrs
Traffic for hours
Go to Sleep

I don't know how I'd manage to do anything other than work on those days, and I've been really good about keeping to my exercise routine (3days, 1 day off, 2 days, 1 day off--repeat). I'd like to stay motivated and workout as much as I can, but working in DC would probably take that away from me. So yeah, that's my situation :/ (There's a nice hospital system in Virginia that is relatively close, but still it's a commute. But they're not hiring new nurses either :/)

But in happier news, I found this today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVvGln_FIE&feature=related I always liked this song, and it's SSBB related, and its cute :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I feel so dead and highly inraged. besides me being unemployed why is it that bad things always have to happen to me. I wish I knew a way to break curses.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Why do you llike nursing? Just curious.
Because, more or less, I get to learn a very useful and very broad set of skills that I can use everyday to look after my family and friends. I also like the security of having mastered a very sought-after profession (you know, after I've been working a few years and can honestly tell you I know what I'm doing and can predict what's going to happen so I can plan accordingly.) And being able to tell people that I'm a nurse is nice, everyone seems to respond to it well.

Eventually I want to become a hospice nurse, a nurse who takes care of the terminally ill who are on the verge of death, who choose to withdraw from further medical intervention. I would be the person that comes and visits them a few times a week to see how things are progressing, and managing their symptoms and promote an higher quality of life when they don't have much time left. I also like home health care, where you visit people who live alone or with minimal assistance who require regular checkups to manage conditions outside of the hospital/acute care setting. I just like the idea of visiting people in their homes to deliver care because it's what my grandfather had before he passed away, and I thought that would be a fine profession to participate in.

Top Bottom