• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters
Mk is not goin to be legal in my area anytime soon. Lol xD

Okay, I do need to remember that she isn't mk. :/ I just.... Like to attack. XD
Again, I say trying picking up another character and straighten out your desire for a particular play style versus your desire to play character you like. For me, I would honestly like to pick up Meta Knight or Peach as a character. But, certain traits they have bother me to no end that I cannot stand. MKs low damage output for example or peach's inability to get down from the air.
Okay soo....I feel like I've hit a wall with Peach.

The past 5 tournaments I've went to with her, I've done extremely mediocre with her. I don't do awesome, but I'm not last place. I'm like some where in the middle. Every single time. Because I am placing the same, I know I've hit a wall. I always lose to the same person over and over again and it's just not fun at ALL. This is how my tournament experience goes, enter tournament, play person beat them, then lose to the same person, then in losers I lose to a random falco or snake. I swear every time. Like I feel like I can't go anywhere. Nothing has changed with me and this character since mk got banned. I have no idea how to get over this wall. It's discouraging me. Like, I think to myself, whats the point of entering this tournament when I'm going to have to fight either a) the same person who beats me. b) a random falco or snake. Like seriously? Whats the point? I don't know what to do. :(
Are you certain you are not blowing the results out of proportion? For example, only one person has kicked you out of winners twice and the other times it was random people in winners. Thus, you jump to conclusions which are false? I tend to see that a lot.

Also, much of what you said sounds familiar to me. It really is only the same people to kick me out of tourney each time, but I have noticed that matchs themselves were going better with each successive tourney. There was one hick-up here and there, but comparing the first few to the last few I do notice a difference. Then again, we could be at entirely different stages of development.

Anyway, I say just reevaluate your opinion of the character from the way you sound. I experienced similar things, but that was with me playing with honestly the only character I can play well with.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Hm I'm thinking about dropping Brawl. I've been fooling myself into thinking this game was fun but when I actually play, I face nothing but tryhard campers or shuttle loop. Like nothing about that is remotely fun. Add in the fact that my area is full of pretty immature kids who put smash before school/the future (and expect things to be handed to them on a platter) that mostly troll me all the time, I'm really considering giving up this time.
I'm playing dissidia, and I'm really liking it! I bought a PSP (new) from ebay for $60, a SD card, and the game (Dissidia 012 [duodecim], as well as others) online. I've been playing it, and the fights are really fun. I was originally getting my butt kicked, because I didn't know the mechanics (and my favorite character cannot be played in the main storyline until the last of the 3 stories.) Now, she's Lv100, and I can beat Lv130 CPUs, after some retries, which is really satisfying (rushing them down and keeping them locked is really fun when you're this tiny, pompous woman.)

This is one with her (I love this player): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7V4l2uUUIE

This one is just amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8KPrMNc1fw

(These are 3 match sets, beware!)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dissidia is pretty fun. They really nerfed my two "mains" from the transition from the first game and 012 which were Shantotto (what a coincidence?) and Exdeath. :(

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Reliably being able to hit someone > beefy manafont. You can generate EX to actually enter that mode by hitting people! :p I still use the Manafont part of her ex mode, it's still good for damage, just not amazing. It's like a free mandragora summon. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I haven't played in ages but if I remember correctly, she hasn't changed too much.

In 012, I gravitated to the fabulous Kuja.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I don't play Dissidia sadly as I don't have a PSP but I do watch and follow competitive stuff quite a bit

Terra got nerfed to high heaven (shame since FF6 is my favourite of the bunch). Holy/Blizzara have pathetic range. Fire->Firaga is nice and Meltdown has better tracking but that's kind of it. Assist punish and the massive Ex Burst nerf really hurt poor Terra
IIRC, Shantotto is definitely better in 012. Exdeath is also pretty good

Assists have hugely changed the dynamics of Dissidia since you can escape HP/combo into HP attacks from a single hit

@KassandraNova: Maybe try playing around with different characters? I've always found it helps if you're stuck in a bit of a rut/find you're going into 'auto-pilot mode' with Peach to 'break the cycle' and use other characters for a bit

Alternatively, you could mess around in training mode to let off some steam or try evaluating your playstyle - maybe go back over the 'basics' of Peach like practicing Glide Tosses or perfecting your spacing/float set ups. Maybe watch other people play/videos (especially vs the characters your having trouble with), you may find something simple but effective you haven't tried out yet and that could really help you get over the hump. You may find something you could incorporate into your playstyle that might help

Important thing is not to give up

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Shantotto [essentially] losing Manafont was a huge game breaker, imo. Also, Exdeath's high guard lost so much priority in 012 making him rely on omni guard (or whatever it was called) more.

Aerith's stunning assist is pretty good.... sorta easy to dodge but still good :).

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
@Aleate: Ah I see - I'm basing my info off videos I've watched on DissidiaForums and the tier lists for the two games they've got. I've always thought Shantotto was a lot better in 012 (there's a number of good videos around, that throwing stick and Stop help a lot I think), same for ExDeath since a single hit with Reverse Polarity(?) can combo into assist - not to mention the guy can build up Assist meter like crazy

HAVING SAID THAT I do not actually play the game :p But I do sure enjoy watching it. 012 gameplay is much more fun to watch than Dissidia gameplay

****ing ****, they nerfed her bread and butter.
**** those guys.
Yup, they absolutely crippled her. Watch videos of the comparisons is rather unpleasant lol

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Heh heh, yea it sucks for poor Terra with how easy it is to reflect Meltdown, not to mention she's sooooo vunerable to being punished with an assist. Shame it isn't more like Straightarrow that Firius has

In other news, caved in and got Pokemon Black (first one) the other day. Swear I've spent more time trying to think of witty nicknames than actual gameplay so far

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah nicknames were always so hard but it's worth it. I've never done a Nuzlocke. Debating whether or not to do one and for which game.

I've been watching Marriland's Emerald Nuzlocke lately and he decided on a theme for his nicknames which were all food based.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I don't see as many Yuna players, nor did I dwell on the first version (I played it, realized that I could get DFF as just one of the stories in DDFF, and dropped it) enough to see the changes. I can say that she doesnt seem that hard to beat. :) But I am playing CPUs, so I'm sure that matters a lot. Her attacks come out quickly, but she has punishable lag.

(I really like killing Onion Knight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_H8GKAIqiA&feature=player_embedded NSFW Language!)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ultimecia is my homegirl.

Kinda sad they nerfed her arrows, but I think she became stronger over all and can actually have some close range options.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't think Onion Knight was ever good.

Peaches should play Kuja because he floats and is gay.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzKKUnXjywM I love Shantotto so much <3 (I played FFXI for like 5 years, I loved her back then, and still love her now! :D)

Onion Knight is annoying. :(

I like Kuja, but I don't like playing as him. I mean, I have sparklies and can fly! But still don't like him.

(Jecht is sexy. Cannot lie.)

I like being fast. :( Firion is cool, but he sucks in the air. Kefka is cool, but he's slow. I like Lightning, mostly for her big and shiny water spell. :) But Shantotto has my heart. I like zipping in and out like a tiny mosquito and landing that stun, it feels so good (she's like a ninja!)

Top Bottom