• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dang, you changed your mind on that matchup?
I have method I explained in the tier list thread on how I break down match ups and know options from both sides. And I like it cause it really breaks **** into bits and I can get a better view of things. I did this with diddy and a few others. And my end results were that diddy as the advantage, but not by alot.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I have method I explained in the tier list thread on how I break down match ups and know options from both sides. And I like it cause it really breaks **** into bits and I can get a better view of things. I did this with diddy and a few others. And my end results were that diddy as the advantage, but not by alot.
Mind going into a bit more detail? In what ways does Diddy have an advantage? I'm really lazy and don't want to have to look any further than the peach boards :p

Just out of curiosity

:phone:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll use my new formula that I use to break down match ups. And I will be talking about it from Peach's side in terms of how diddy gives Peach problems.

Approaching - Diddy can cover both air and ground He can place a naner in front of him, have one in hand, and peanut gun you if you wanna approach through the air. Peach mid to full screen defense is horrible. So trying to force your way in with fair and dairs which are slow and easily punishable will just get you punished hella easy. What will likely happen is that diddy would roll away, or jump and toss the naner. Glide toss backwards tossing the naner down. Its too easy to hit her out those 2 moves. Really if you forcing them and depending on luck to hit.

Answer to this -

You can use ground float nairs to catch tossed naners. If he glide tosses them, go in with it so you can catch it and hit him at the same time. if he does not glide toss them, just do it in place to catch it. This is your chance to move in slowly and close the gab. And use that naner to open him up and start pressure. You can also catch the peanuts and use that to get in on diddy. Do not waste time using your turnips, you give diddy more time to start his crap and leave you open. Diddy actually gives you free items without out you have to waste many frames and time getting one yourself.

Distance -
Diddy wins at long range, you have to stay on him, and he can make it a problem to get in. getting turnips and tossing them at diddy wont do much. Again, her mid to full range options are bad.

Answer to this -
use what I stated in the approach section.

Speed-
Diddy is obviously faster then you, So trying to catch him with force is not gonna happen. it will leave you open due to Peach slow moves. And his set ups slow you down. making it worst to catch him since you are already slow.

Answer -
Catch his naners or peanuts when you can. And move in slowly. if he does in on you close, jump out of your shield to a Z drop > fottstool > Dair. Since You really wanna keep him close to you as much as you can. You can cross up diddy with a dair and fall before the last hit comes out. So he does not go anywhere. And go for a jab mix up. Allowing you to get more damage before launching him.

Killing-
You nor diddy kill well. But he kills you better due to he has better set ups to land into finishers. His set ups can leave you open for hits and then start his nonsense to get damage off you. he can rack up damage just as fast as you.

Answer-

You can survive long against diddy for his kill options vertically are bad. And Peach does the worst from ceiling kills. His Fsmash is his best kill option on you which you can SD out of, And if you are good at that, then diddy will have to rely on a dsmash. or Grab you and toss you off stage. Increases you chances or living on that stock and making a turn around in the match. If you grab diddy and don't feel so confident that you can keep him off stage, toss him up, grab a turnip and shark him. Do not toss the turnip once you grab it. Wait till he falls a lil and see if you can bait an air dodge. If you do, then toss it and go for a follow up. You can also bait it and ground float nair to hit him out it. No one in this game can air dodge a grounded nair. Once you get the knock down, use that turnip to bait diddy or open him up for pressure and keep getting as much damage as you can till its time for him to die.

Diddy does not have a counter method for Peach pressure up close. Diddy will have to rely on luck to side step, roll or grab to take control of a match or get away. Now you knowing Peach pressure causes this, bait this reactions and punish well to keep diddy on lock and racking up damage. Frame trap him and pressure well to land the finishing blow.

Recovery - Diddy can keep her out well. Peanut can snip you out your jump and floats. if he is near you while off stage, your moves are too slow to punish his fair. Which would force you to air dodge, and if baited its over.

Answer - Respect diddy in this situation. Don't push alot of buttons. You HAVE to wait. if you know for a fact he will swing at you, You can throw out a fair early and hit diddy at the start up of his fair. Your best Bet is to recover slow. Move in and out alil while falling. Do not panic to a dair, fair or air dodge. People will expect this and bait it.

Con run down-

- Limits turnip use.
- Limts your freedom in the air and ground
- Sets lead to alot of damage and kills.
- limits safe approach options.
- Faster then you
- Stage control

Now while I gave answers to certain situations, I did not fully explain the things peach has on diddy since that was not the question asked. it's simply a rundown and how diddy has the advantage.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow, I mained Peach at the wrong time. Looking back at past threads, people seemed to really care about Peach and her metagame. :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah Dark Peach taught me so much when I decided to pick Peach up sometime in April. Though I'm new, I definitely think I've improved a lot. :p

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Okay soo....I feel like I've hit a wall with Peach.

The past 5 tournaments I've went to with her, I've done extremely mediocre with her. I don't do awesome, but I'm not last place. I'm like some where in the middle. Every single time. Because I am placing the same, I know I've hit a wall. I always lose to the same person over and over again and it's just not fun at ALL. This is how my tournament experience goes, enter tournament, play person beat them, then lose to the same person, then in losers I lose to a random falco or snake. I swear every time. Like I feel like I can't go anywhere. Nothing has changed with me and this character since mk got banned. I have no idea how to get over this wall. It's discouraging me. Like, I think to myself, whats the point of entering this tournament when I'm going to have to fight either a) the same person who beats me. b) a random falco or snake. Like seriously? Whats the point? I don't know what to do. :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Is MK still banned in your area?

I wouldn't say you've hit a wall. Don't forget, as you improve, so do the people around you. Also, Peach is super hard to use :(

Don't be afraid to use a secondary if needed.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

The past 5 tournaments I've went to with her, I've done extremely mediocre with her. I don't do awesome, but I'm not last place. I'm like some where in the middle. Every single time. Because I am placing the same, I know I've hit a wall. I always lose to the same person over and over again and it's just not fun at ALL. This is how my tournament experience goes, enter tournament, play person beat them, then lose to the same person, then in losers I lose to a random falco or snake. I swear every time. Like I feel like I can't go anywhere. Nothing has changed with me and this character since mk got banned. I have no idea how to get over this wall. It's discouraging me. Like, I think to myself, whats the point of entering this tournament when I'm going to have to fight either a) the same person who beats me. b) a random falco or snake. Like seriously? Whats the point? I don't know what to do. :(
Mix it up, study up on ways to fight your more troubling matchups. :peach: is not :metaknight:, she makes you think harder on a consistent basis. If you're still stuck, tell your area to join the rest of the world on the MK thing and allow him again. Everyone is still donating to Kel at this point anyway so what's the harm? Lol

@ Dark Peach - Diddy is even, if not a SUPER slight advantage. Sharp item control allows her more opportunities to control situations than initially meets the eye. His fair is a solid anti-air but that's all it really amounts to.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

I can help you with your problem. I helped people out in a new way I created and its really been stepping up their game. This is all on you though.

@ Dark Peach - Diddy is even, if not a SUPER slight advantage. Sharp item control allows her more opportunities to control situations than initially meets the eye. His fair is a solid anti-air but that's all it really amounts to.

If item control is the only thing you have in terms of how this is even thats not enough. And for all this to happen you have to get in on diddy. He has a better wall then we do. He can shut down both air and ground options. Which becomes a rigged rock/papers/siccors game to get in. You need to keep in mind with any match up is to land hits and win, you have to get in on them. And realize the difficulty of doing so. His fair for an anti is seriously not the only thing to worry about and expect.

And anyone can anti air peach fair. its 16 frames. There are soooooo many air atttacks in this game that can hit her out of it easy peach is slow in the air. And you going at someone with a 16 frame move that they can see coming and react too. Her mid range options are bad facing towards her opponent. Doing in with fair and dair are leaving you open for baits and punishments.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Mk is not goin to be legal in my area anytime soon. Lol xD

Okay, I do need to remember that she isn't mk. :/ I just.... Like to attack. XD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm going to a tournament on Saturday. Trying to put in work, but I'm months off this game, and this character just needs so much constant maintenance. x(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
peach is really hard to use in tournament, kassandra

just keep on practicing. not only do you need to have the tech skill but she requires like A LOT of practice and understanding of specific situations. probably one of the characters you have to put the most work into.

when i was at my peak activity of brawl i would play at least 4+ hours a day (this went on for like 4 or five months). it's no joke kind of stuff, she's really hard.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm I'm thinking about dropping Brawl. I've been fooling myself into thinking this game was fun but when I actually play, I face nothing but tryhard campers or shuttle loop. Like nothing about that is remotely fun. Add in the fact that my area is full of pretty immature kids who put smash before school/the future (and expect things to be handed to them on a platter) that mostly troll me all the time, I'm really considering giving up this time.

What made me stay in the first place is a mystery. It could have been going out to sushi every tourney but the guy who did that with me is gone, lol.

/rant

Merry Christmas Peaches. I love you all! :peach: <3

Top Bottom