• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Niko_K

Smash Master
What the ****.
****ing Niko K.
I'm back and fully active for real this time :) Been reviving the Melee scene here in Niagara about an hour from KK/Unknown522/Raynex/Weon/all those guys so we're capitalizing on the opportunity to get realigned with SSBM.

Though I'm also going to be getting back into SSBB a la Peach and see what I can do. I feel not a single Peach is utilizing the full arsenal of her techniques but that could just be cause it all comes down to camping, I haven't seen the metagame in 4 years mind you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330555 is where I post most (our regional thread and PR)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Thanks a lot man I definitely am proud of what I've done for her metagame.

I wish the music on that video didn't change to that horrible All That Remains track. Stupid copyright haha.

Hope Dark.Pch doesn't mind my presence.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
We should totally revive Brawl Peach! :peach:!

Firion has a pretty sexy voice. I love Shantotto's *****iness. "Absolute denial... end of existence~". "Burn! Come dance with me~". /random

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Brawl Peach is sexy <3

Niko! When I was first learning Peach, your videos were the ones that helped me the most! Now my Peach is a mean betch :peach:

Niko_K

Smash Master
Brawl Peach is sexy <3

Niko! When I was first learning Peach, your videos were the ones that helped me the most! Now my Peach is a mean betch :peach:
Makes me really happy to hear this you have no idea. I just came from a really dark place in my life and came back to smash for happiness and its going well.

Aren't you one of the best now?

Illmatic claimed that I was his hero but failed to mention me in his BBR interview ;)

EddieG I actually think the match up MK vs Peach is like 55 vs 45 to be completely honest. I mean I know I'm from 08/early 2010 era but still.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
2013 will be the year of Silly Kyle and SlayerZ for Peach <3

Calling it now!!!~~~

Divas 4 life

2012 got a taste tho when we teamed up at E4U and beat Rich Brown and DEHF in dubz!!

Get ready, b****es!! We're gonna slam our clams the hardest!!!

:peach: + :peach:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, glad people are greatful for what I have done and helping others out by not being overshadowed by others. Good thing I spent nearly 5 years in this community for nothing huh? You're welcome.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I credit a lot of my early improvement from your advice you gave me years ago, Dark Pch! And your Peach guide. Just thought i'd let you know before jumping to conclusions!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just forget it dude. Im old. Gonna be 25 in 3 months. Im washed up, and its all about the Peach players people go crazy about and stand out the most. If one does not play looking fancy, floats to air attacks alot or play aggressive, then you are just not so called interesting. Thats what this era with Peach is today. Actually when it comes to this character, my name hardly comes out. It's been like this for a long time now. When I see this happen I usually don't say anything and move on. But this time, kinda irked me a lil for some odd reason.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Dark.Pch you haven't changed one bit. You need to calm your emotions I really wasn't trying to make you overshadowed or feel inadequate. I'm a different, more mature individual now and I'd like to see us get along and be progressive as opposed to a disturbance.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This character is in need of a revival. We got the MK ban in places, that's everything she was asking for and yet no one stepped up.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Texas is doing another Lone Star Circuit.
We have a big major tournament each month for about 5 months, and the last tournament is a championship.
We did it once before and it was awesome, you guys should check it out.
I am going to be practicing with the other SA players to try and do something in this tournament.

Kyle, try and make one of them, preferably San Antonio.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
We definitely appreciate everything you've done!

Who even plays Peach anymore? :(
I don't feel the same way. Something you have to understand, when there is a new type of hype or something one is into, they will focus on that more. And not care what started it all.

Take nintendo. So many grow up with nintendo. Then when the Playstaion 2 hit, everyone was hooked on that. Same with PS3. Then go on about how nintendo sucks, graphics not as good as PS3. Or how its a kiddy system. You gotta have the ps3 or xbox to be considered hard core and stand out to your friends. And mind you these are the same spoiled fools that grow up and were fiends for the nes, snes and gameboy.

And its not just with games, it can be in anything. Thats how life is. Now where there are a few that give me credit for what I did. That are TONS that don't. I taught a few ungreatful peach players this character and got them better. They are the ones that came to me. And not that I stepped thier game up, they come to me talking **** and calm how they are better then me. This happen to me yesterday. So I guess that could explain why all this irked me.

Im the type that likes to help others. I got this from my father. But I don't like be taken as a fool later on cause of it. Which makes me wanna stop. Cause people are selfish and stupid. As long as they stand out to the people and have fame, thats all that matters. Not how they got there. or even realize they are not as good at what they do as they think cause they too blinded by the media/community hype.

This is pretty much why when one comments on my Peach in tournaments or crappy wifi, I don't take them. cause really with my almost 5 years experience with Peach, I should not be playing the way I do. it should be much better. But I explained reason I can play to my fulliest already. I won't take praise or good comments from anyone until I get it in gear already. I do respect and greatful for the comments. But I just can't and refuse to take them.

What does keep me going as well is the lil people. I laughed at one point 2 weeks ago. This random dude comes to me on aib and ask me "are you the Dark.Pch that said "if you are not willing to work hard, this character is not for you" I told him yes and he got excited wanting to play me and teach him stuff. What made that moment golden is that he remember a quote I made on smashboards years ago and holds it. I seen alot of people use that quote and credit me for it. So it feels good.

Something I this I would have just kept to myself as usual when this happens. But going by my doc and female friends, keeping things to myself that bother me is not good. And I do that cause the results of such things lead to BS. So I am taking a gamble here. Trick is, if my mind is clear of such negativity, my depression and heavy anxiety would calm down and soon fade. But doing this can also lead to results of people being a **** and extra. which is why I use to get into alot of fights here and get banned a few times. There has not been drama here for a long time cause its been that time frame of me holding **** inside. This could have lead to my strong anxiety problem. I think I'll bring this up with my doc.

Also aleate, You was not around back in 2008. You should see something that made me a so called hero around here for a while.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3980749&postcount=54

Im actually reading through this thread now. Man, what the hell happen to me between then and now....

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I feel that, if this game had more life, we would definitely try to improve her meta game in the new year.

But let's face facts. Brawl is almost 5 years old, and we have figured out pretty much all that we can. What more can we really do at this point? I love brawl, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't take a cynic to notice it's age. Plus everyone is getting older and more busy D: my horror stories won't write themselves... Yet.

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Next smash wont be out for a good long time. Brawl still has plenty of time.

2013 will be the year of the Peach. Cept my peach wont contribute cause shes a free *****.

ps no homo.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I feel that, if this game had more life, we would definitely try to improve her meta game in the new year.

But let's face facts. Brawl is almost 5 years old, and we have figured out pretty much all that we can. What more can we really do at this point? I love brawl, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't take a cynic to notice it's age. Plus everyone is getting older and more busy D: my horror stories won't write themselves... Yet.

I think fighting games get better with time. Learning 40 matchups, stages, players, and the tournament setting takes years to master. It's just application and execution now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think fighting games get better with time. Learning 40 matchups, stages, players, and the tournament setting takes years to master. It's just application and execution now.
I agree with this. It comes down to why people play Peach anyway. To just get to a certain level and have fun at said level? Get noticed in a community they like being in? To seriously do something big in tournament? people play for many reasons. so reviving something sucvh as this is a matter of what people seriously want, and how much work they gonna put in it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
<3 I miss you guys, all of you. Life has been keeping me shackled to work and repetition throughout the last few months but things are finally starting to look brighter. As for the game - I've been practicing on wifi like crazy and my placings are starting to improve again. I know it'll take time to get to the level of damage that Kyle and Slayerz have consistently been putting out...but I'm determined to get there. Getting back into Melee/practicing Marvel has been helping with execution and I've long since abandoned the unnecessary flashy decision-making over progressive tactics of old, though not at the risk of being stale and predictable...there's still plenty of jank there lmao.

And Niko - I like the enthusiasm on the matchup, but after many encounters I firmly believe it's 60-40 his advantage at the VERY least; not counting the many variables that go into alternating those numbers. This is KB by the way, get your *** over to the Midwest sometime! Maybe Armaggedon in Cincinnati? You'd be a featured guest without question. xD

P.S. Melee tournament tomorrow, going all :peach: of course. Wish me luck guys! I'll try to make you proud Kyle.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im gonna un sub from this thread and dissapear for a long time again. I don't feel I belong here anymore. So happy years to all and I'll see you guys when ever.

Top Bottom