• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Everyone was nerfed. And Ranga didn't get it as bad as Noel. They say she's worse than Rachel right now.
I love how someone found a 5000 combo with Arakune already.

DC

Smash Cadet
I never learned who that one person that Rachel fed on was...
Did you play the story mode at all? Rachel bit Ragna to save his life, Ragna is half-vampire which is why he has one red and one green eye.

And Rachel is bored because she has sat through the time loop 725 times. She is apparently at least 72,500 years old.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Did you play the story mode at all? Rachel bit Ragna to save his life, Ragna is half-vampire which is why he has one red and one green eye.

And Rachel is bored because she has sat through the time loop 725 times. She is apparently at least 72,500 years old.
She bit someone else because she was dying or something.

Didn't you play Arcade?

Oh, and congrats on beating Score Attack. **** Unlimited Ragna.

YES! Terumi is gonna play like Iori Yagami from KoF and be **** tier along with Tager and Tsubaki.

DFEAR

Smash Hero

then why is slayer a fully grown vampire who's 1000 years old, known as the 1000 Year Old Darkness? o.o why do they look like that at their current ages o.o time paradox.

and lol...arakune can still cloop but since the bugs have changed dunno if it will be as effective...when the text says "bees" its referring to the D button bug not the ABC ones.

i guess well find out half a year from now

@dreadz

why not jin? T.T and a reason shouldnt be cause he sucks unless you want to win money then i understand =P

DC

Smash Cadet
She bit someone else because she was dying or something.
It's explicitly stated that she's only ever bitten one human and she is ashamed of it.

EDIT: LOL The bottom tier of the loketest are Rachel and Noel. Lucky me.

DC

Smash Cadet
Why would Kokonoe fight when she has Tager?

Jubei would be overpowered.

Valkenhyn can't fight Rachel.

etc etc

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
then why is slayer a fully grown vampire who's 1000 years old, known as the 1000 Year Old Darkness? o.o why do they look like that at their current ages o.o time paradox.

and lol...arakune can still cloop but since the bugs have changed dunno if it will be as effective...when the text says "bees" its referring to the D button bug not the ABC ones.

i guess well find out half a year from now

@dreadz

why not jin? T.T and a reason shouldnt be cause he sucks unless you want to win money then i understand =P
gonna play both ofcourse

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Why would Kokonoe fight when she has Tager?

Jubei would be overpowered.

Valkenhyn can't fight Rachel.

etc etc
meh they can always balance jubei...and those are valid points about the first and last one. wonder what new character will it be.

DC

Smash Cadet
No they can't balance Jubei without breaking the canon.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
v13 isn't coming back? Dammit I really liked her playstyle (even just watching it).

Removing characters is gay <_< Hopefully Lambda plays similarly?

DC

Smash Cadet
isnt hakumen only using 20% of his power? what if jubei could do the same?
Hakumen is only using 20% of his power because when he was retrieved from the edge by Kokonoe he was only 20% substantiated. He can't use any more of his power because it's not possible. If he could he would obviously because she's trying to destroy the Black Beast.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
A lot of fighting games have characters that by Canon are much stronger than their competition, but for some reason, hold back their power or some reason they are weakened in the story.

Akuma in all the Street Fighter games "holds back" his power to give his opponents a fair fight unless he is in his boss mode. Oro in the Street Fighter Three games ties one of his arms to make it harder for him to fight. Slayer in Guilty Gear is basically immortal and cannot be hurt (if I remember correctly) which is why you see him not hurt when he falls down and stuff. Jedah from darkstalkers can create a whole **** dimension with his power, but apparently he can lose. Pyron from the same game is a cosmic energy that is made of pure energy, but he is just a regular balanced character. Here is another funny one, in second impact, Sean is better than Ken in that game despite being an apprentice of Ken and being canon wise weaker.

In melty blood, characters that couldn't be destroyed besides under certain conditions like shiki's power or concept weapons still can lose against maids and little girls. Mortal Kombat vs DC with all that nonsense story (which I don't remember) of why superman can be hurt and stuff. All the marvel vs games are all over the place with this kind of thing too, but a lot of the characers from these games aren't fighting game originated characters. Even so, I think it is valid when considering backstory skills and abilities compared to their fighting game counterparts.

Maybe I am missing the point, but there are lots of times, where a character, who is stronger story wise, is not that way in the actual fighting game.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Hakumen is only using 20% of his power because when he was retrieved from the edge by Kokonoe he was only 20% substantiated. He can't use any more of his power because it's not possible. If he could he would obviously because she's trying to destroy the Black Beast.
i understand. jubeii is the strongest being so if the creators were to put him into perspective of how the story makes him out to be, he would be way overly s tier lol

DC

Smash Cadet
A lot of fighting games have characters that by Canon are much stronger than their competition, but for some reason, hold back their power or some reason they are weakened in the story.
Yeah I'm well aware of that... but not this game. All characters are canon, which is why Unlimited Rachel, v-13 and Ragna are broken as hell because that is their true form. (In Ragna's case with the Azure Grimoire activitated.)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yeah I'm well aware of that... but not this game. All characters are canon, which is why Unlimited Rachel, v-13 and Ragna are broken as hell because that is their true form. (In Ragna's case with the Azure Grimoire activitated.)
Wouldn't that create the option for Unlimited Jubei as a possibility, and have a less OP normal form?

DC

Smash Cadet
Well it's never stated that RA/RG/NU are the most powerful beings on earth.

DC

Smash Cadet
Hakumen refers to Ragna as "the world's strongest", but the only definite is Ragna referring to Jubei as the strongest LIVING creature on Earth.
Yeah I saw that in Story Mode and I was wondering wtf he was talking about. Even with the Azure Grimoire activated Rachel should still be stronger than Ragna.

Speaking of Story Mode I sincerely hope the next game has more cutscenes. The Jin vs. Ragna one and the Nu one were awesome.

And don't even get me started on Rachel cutscene.

DC

Smash Cadet
This is why I love Noel.

Noel said:
...Are my breasts... that small...? N-Not that it matters. Their shape isn't that bad. But... I do wish they were... bigger...
What should I do? Should I ask that female doctor...? No, I don't have the guts to do that...

Wait... I remember Makoto said something like, "If you have a boy massage them, they'll get bigger..." *gasp* No no no no nooo! What am I thinking!?

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Man, I hate Carl.
That guy's just a total douche, putting people in clap loops and sh*t
I mean, just look at this man and tell me he doesn't scream douchebag:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u made me broke my funny bone u *******!

too good xD wayyy too good haha

DC

Smash Cadet
TEMPEST DALIA!

Low tier power baby. I need to get a Nago-rain jacket.

Top Bottom