• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
So, I didn't see a topic on this yet, so I thought I'd start one. What are your guys' impressions/thoughts on this game? I personally love it. Wanted to get into GG hardcore back in the day, but I never did. Really happy with this game though. Sure, they're different, but it's still badass. Oh, and yea. V-13 hates you.

BlazBlue, discuss. <3 http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1322 BlazBlue social group created by stingers135.

PSN

Name: Fizz-sama
PSN: Fizz-sama

Name: Laijin
PSN: ShiniDutch

DFEAR:
DC:
Luis:

Name: DFEAR/DC/LuisThePanda
PSN: ThePanda

Name: Shady Penguin
PSN: Stealth_Hare

Name: Kajoq
PSN: Kajoq

Name: Isuyaru
PSN: Isuyaru

-------------------

NIGHTLY BB CASUALS WILL BE HELD BY ZERO GAMER ON XBL AT 9:00PM EASTERN.

XBL

Name: Dreadz18x
XBL: Rudebwoy64

Name: stingers135
XBL: Stongertron

Name: Winnar
XBL: Winnar G

Name: Curlz
XBL: Curiz

Name: Zero_Gamer/X_the_Derp
XBL: X_the_Derp

Name: Diablo
XBL: xDiablo129x

Name: vZakat
XBL: BboySpaz

DFEAR

Smash Hero
rachel + arakune will destroy anything...oh and jin is also extremely awesome.

zoning is very important in this game. through experience and alot of alerts of negative penalties within the game, this is NOT a defensive game. this game makes it worse so u dont block everything or runaway from ur enemy for breathing room lol. combos are essential. strategies are requirements. this game is too good.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I feel ya on the Jin, man. Haven't seen too much of Rachel, but Arakune...good Jesus. Talk about tricksies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you gotta watch the japanese matches, miles beyond what the dvd offers

more smashers converting to BB... ridiculous i must say

the appeal will die down soon
the dedicated will strive...

and yes japanese + koreans are wayyyyy too intense!!!

and litchi is beast. havent seen one yet who doesnt use the pole for mindgames xD

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
so who plays this on xbl? Lets get some GT's in here so we can get some matches goin :3

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ps3 ftw sorrehz...and brown haired rachel ftw!

*goes and changes color of avatar's hair...*

edit:
nvm brown isnt her natural hair color :\

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
the appeal will die down soon
As it always does. Too bad some people are turned off by the slower speed of this game compared to Guilty Gear. That and there some other turn offs. I bet some random thing will be found in the coming months and this game will become less fun than it is now.

:<

I like Taokaka.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
does your brother play this angry or he's still in SF4?

I'll play you when my new stick and 360 is returned to me from repairs (Red ring ftl)
Hes tried blazblue a lil bit, I think he likes it. He pretty much dropped sf4 for now

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this game will have expansions/updates/nerfs just like the old guilty gear before this o.o, so no worries? the game is made to be competitive

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
now that people have actually played it (and i haven't because sleepy is in africa instead of getting me all the latest/greatest games):

what is the appeal of this vs. guilty gear? is it just new and shiny, or does it actually offer something we've never seen? obviously to the naked eye it looks like a slowed down guilty gear, but of course i haven't played it so i can't say for certain.....

opinions?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
while i think blazblue is fun, it is nowhere near ggxx in quality of gameplay. it is new and shiny, though. litchi is **** sexy, and so is ragna. i think arakune and v-13 are a bit overpowered, but whatevs. i don't see the appeal of this game lasting for too long, at least in the US, and even less time on Smashboards...

nevershootme

Smash Master
So who wants to help us with getting blazblue at the next FG event?

-FG hiro
i'll help if i come, but the majority of the user base out there are 360 users. have some ps3's on the side in case

you seriously need to get in contact with me on aim for this, you're alaways afk it seems.

v-13... stay far away and freaking camp D... I think I wanna learn her lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Nu dies to like, 3 Haku-men combos. Which is why my friend always ***** me. We recorded some vids of him beating me @.@ then I won with half my life still left when we were done recording. Figures @.@

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yes, I know that everyone on this thread will hate me forever, but I thought I'd give my opinion:
Opinion=boring and cliche.

In my opinion, the game, like most all arcade fighter games, have the same feel. 2d fighter, in which you use a mix of punches, kicks and specials to drain the opponent's health down to zero. Now don't get me wrong, my opinion might not be fully valid due to the fact that I only played the game for 20 minutes using only Noel (girl and gun!!!), but as it stands, I dislike the game alot.

The only fighting games I like with that feel are SF4, MvsC2 and MK:Armegeddon. The rest pretty much just bore me.

Now I know that coming in here and talking crap about this game will get alot of crap thrown back at me for how good the game is. I get it, you're defending your opinion. But unless by some miracle my opinion changes, I stand by the fact that Blazblue isn't any good.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Nu dies to like, 3 Haku-men combos. Which is why my friend always ***** me. We recorded some vids of him beating me @.@ then I won with half my life still left when we were done recording. Figures @.@
you're not running away fast enough to shoot your swords! j/k. find your own style :-p unless you're Mike Z who can pull comebacks off the ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOTCa-1YoI

edit: although noel is noob friendly, but still a good character regardless

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sounds like your opinion was waffled up with uneducated judging.

Oh man. Did he just delete his post?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
That's what I'm trying to say. My first impression, since I do not own a ps3, let alone Blazblue.

Seeing this thread, I realize that this might be a really good game. I'll probably try it out, and give a more educated opinion later.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
omg v-13 is just homo xD...ill figure out how to get in o.o...how can rachel get in?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Nu is sooooooooo good I know she is because whenever I can land a sword I ****. :x

I need to work on running away XD

Rachel just needs to use more wind...

I want to play this game online so I can play against someone besides my friend's Hakumen, but noo, Xbox Live just HAS to be broken...:mad:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i dunno how to use the wind effectively unless its "pumpkin combos lol" or running away and get a penalty for it, otherwise i dont know how to use it >_< any vids of good wind usages?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
watch the tutorial dvd lol.

...actually, i should prolly watch it too XD I only watched the normal section, not the char specific...i want to see if it has anything on Nu I don't know @.@

nevershootme

Smash Master
watch the tutorial dvd lol.

...actually, i should prolly watch it too XD I only watched the normal section, not the char specific...i want to see if it has anything on Nu I don't know @.@
the only button Nu needs on ground is C and D >_< I haven't seen a single japanese match out there that uses A or B. unless it's to continue a combo

Top Bottom