• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah........

Sorry for being the cheap ***** that I am, but, did anyone scan the art of Blazblue? I was sure, knowing the internets, that scans of the book would've been made by now.

nevershootme

Smash Master
As far as getting started in blazblue goes.... here's the learning curve when it comes to the A, B, C (Light, Medium, Heavy) attack format compared to other games. this is based on experience in playing some of those games

(From easy to hard)
1. Bleach DS (simple stuff, touch screen EX attacks [ukitake is mad fun and ridiculous super damage. Hitsugaya is mad fun and Bankai supers are sometimes dumb])
2. Melty Blood (You can freaking mash crap -_-, and Ciel was my favorite character to use)
3. Arcana Heart (very iffy on that choice since I haven't played it enough, but I think the curve is a step up from Melty Blood
4. Tatsunoko vs Capcom (You may mash, but not enough to land infinites and wtf combos. Gold Lightan is stupidly fun)
5. BlazBlue (Toned down Guilty Gear, yet accessable, combos can get complex as it gets, look at Litchi ****it, so many inputs)

the other game i didn't mention, Big Bang Beat, that's due to that i've never played it...

Overall, in between the other games except 1 and 5 are what I see as far as learning curves go, perhaps Melty Blood could be #1 on my list... but it's a guesstimate. all of these games are pretty accessable just because there's no need to memorize LK, HK, LP, HP stuff.... Just go A, B, C w/e blah blah

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
V-13 is OP, imo. Yea, her defenses might blow, but if she plays her zoning game right, then lawl. I still gotta' admit she's awesome though, haha. Arakune too...wow. It's just like a cluster **** of **** all over the stage. Did enjoy watching my friend practice Carl's grab loop though, haha.

nevershootme

Smash Master
bleh... playing this game on controller makes me more confused than ever :( no worries my stick is almost done, just need to wire the sucker up

The hotkey of special moves thing isn't as stupid as it is... Special hotkeys 3 and 4 are just distortion drives... it helps for certain combos like Bang's heavenly fist punch basic string or ragna's inferno divider ending combo string

edit: special 4 is the astral heat button. ridiculous.....

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i can't wait for that re-balance thing in august. i hope it's not just for the arcade, as V-13 and Arakune are ridiculously stupid.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
i can't wait for that re-balance thing in august. i hope it's not just for the arcade, as V-13 and Arakune are ridiculously stupid.
Whoa, really? How can you abuse Arakune? can I get a video?

Has a Guilty Gearish look. I'd like to try it. Is it only for console or is it arcade. BOTH ?
Its for both, though only the special addition is out now for consoles.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
**** it, rachel wasnt the character i thought she was. she isnt my playstyle at all. i messed around each character and arakune was the one that spotlighted to me. tried him out. gave his 6c>c>2c bread and butter a shot and then noticed the cursing. loved the teleporting mindgames, i can do what i want when i want o.o...me like =P. being able to force my opponent into certain situations and pressuring/zoning is what this beast is all about. :3 hes gonna be my perma main now. gonna see how he does in tourney now :\

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Played the game for the first time yesterday and I have to say I love it. Fell in love with Rachel after just 1 round. Now I need to go grab my own copy.

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be the best Rachel main in the ATL south and there's absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it.

I'll be at ZP this week if anyone wants to get owned.

EDIT: Also I may be uploading Rachel vids on my Brawl channel soon... www.youtube.com/zknyhs

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol dc...we still have to fight :3 i got better from playing luis taokaka and hakumen =D.

Top Bottom