• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i saw some of that guys videos. the mindgames were intense!!!

and yes brawl does have homo moments. would like to see it recorded and see the HOMOEST moment

-Ran

Smash Master
I've been rocking Jin. I've got my main bread and butter mix up game relatively down. Now I'm learning the frame data of the most used moves so that I can end the fun train of 'spam x move' for many people online. I'm probably only going to play BB until my friends lose interest, but anytime I play a game I can't help but go overboard until the game becomes unfun for them to play against me. xD

Ps: That time has almost already come. I can reliably do 10 hit combos for 3k damage or more, and have set ups to combo into my super with combos after the super that lead to 5k damage. >>

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
**** it, rachel wasnt the character i thought she was. she isnt my playstyle at all. i messed around each character and arakune was the one that spotlighted to me. tried him out. gave his 6c>c>2c bread and butter a shot and then noticed the cursing. loved the teleporting mindgames, i can do what i want when i want o.o...me like =P. being able to force my opponent into certain situations and pressuring/zoning is what this beast is all about. :3 hes gonna be my perma main now. gonna see how he does in tourney now :\
lol u and lee play diddy and arakune

btw. my jin is unstoppable..theres no stopping it :)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I've been rocking Jin. I've got my main bread and butter mix up game relatively down. Now I'm learning the frame data of the most used moves so that I can end the fun train of 'spam x move' for many people online. I'm probably only going to play BB until my friends lose interest, but anytime I play a game I can't help but go overboard until the game becomes unfun for them to play against me. xD

Ps: That time has almost already come. I can reliably do 10 hit combos for 3k damage or more, and have set ups to combo into my super with combos after the super that lead to 5k damage. >>
This 100%

Jin has massive combos that lead into massive combos that end with Distortion Drives. I've already made a friend throw a controller... maybe I go overboard a bit but it's a fighting game I can't help myself! the only thing I need to do is finish Score Attack... but that dang Ragna.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Best Noel in Florida?
By the time Florida Gaming comes around, no one will argue that. ;o

Edit: So whats so appealing about Jin? Everyone and their mothers play Jin. I'm so glad that guy is mid-low tier.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
ky copies are destined to be mid-low tier =(
it does not take away from his sexy appeal

i'm waiting for aksys to put in slayer in the next update

Laijin

Smash Hero
ky copies are destined to be mid-low tier =(
it does not take away from his sexy appeal

i'm waiting for aksys to put in slayer in the next update
Slayer will break the game.

Hey guys. Is it just me or can you not grab cancel someone who grabs you out of a tech or grabs you as your standing up?
It seems like its impossible to grab faster than someone who is grabbing you out of a tech.

-Ran

Smash Master
Best Noel in Florida?
By the time Florida Gaming comes around, no one will argue that. ;o

Edit: So whats so appealing about Jin? Everyone and their mothers play Jin. I'm so glad that guy is mid-low tier.
Jin isn't mid-low tier. He's A Tier.

The reason he's good?
1) Ice = Reset of position and tends to give advantage. [especially online.] This can lead into long combo strings. Almost all of his major combos end in freezing his opponent.
2) Ice Mind games = Rather than just running up to someone's that frozen to continue a combo, you can wait for them to mash out, block and then start a whole new combo. =p
3) Frame traps = He has moves that are deceptively in his favor when blocked.
4) Dragon Punch = His a variation comes out on frame 7, but lacks invincibility. His D and C versions are amazing with like 22 frames of invincibility on start up. This means on an instant block you can break most combo strings.
5) On instant block he can typically string into a full combo as long as he instant blocks [grants 5 frame advantage] since his main combo starter comes out on frame 7.
6) Good speed, both on the ground and in the air.
7) D [Ice Lion thing] is an amazing anti air/approach killer. It's not perfect, but if you hit with it, you can dash cancel into a 8 hit combo, or even into a super.
8) His life pool is one of the highest in the game.
9) His throw can chain into Super or Astral or any combo.
10) At the highest level of play all of his match ups are even or better.
11) His projectile game though sluggish can actually zone effectively due to the aerial angles he can utilize.
12) Amazing corner game. Once he has someone in the corner they are going to eat a ton of damage. =p
--
--
13) Noobs don't know how to punish Icecar.
14) Noobs don't know how to punish his multihit sword move.
15) Noobs don't realize he has only one High to low mix up attack, but the speed comes out so slow that it's easily telegraphed.
16) Noobs don't know how to get out of ice.
17) Noobs don't know how to get out of a throw. [Grab freezes... 16+17 is pretty funny]
18) Noobs are reckless and easy to punish. [Which means free freezing which equals amazing combos.]

List goes on. =p

Pritch

Smash Lord

If you're still playing when I get back to NO at the end of the summer I'm definitely down to play with you, btw.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Lol, I thought I recognized Ran Iji from somewhere else...

I'm having quite the time trying to IB an opponent's combo string into Jin's 623C. Practice, I suppose.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dreadz is a beast jin!

we need a blazblue forum / group in here! =P

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Bang is terribly boring.
Get out of here.

kidding.
But I really do think hes boring.
... have you SEEN his super? the... the one with the theme song? HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT BORING? IT'S SO ****ING LOUD

played for first time yesterday, pretty fun, I won't be playing it but I can respect it. Tager is just so god **** cool.

cycleagle

Smash Rookie
13) Noobs don't know how to punish Icecar.
14) Noobs don't know how to punish his multihit sword move.
15) Noobs don't realize he has only one High to low mix up attack, but the speed comes out so slow that it's easily telegraphed.
16) Noobs don't know how to get out of ice.
17) Noobs don't know how to get out of a throw. [Grab freezes... 16+17 is pretty funny]
18) Noobs are reckless and easy to punish. [Which means free freezing which equals amazing combos.]
That kinda summarized what I don't do vs. Jin. I haven't really given it too much thought on how to counter it yet.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
theres only 1 good thing about litchi
HER MOANING!?!

Nah, she's nasty, I need this game, I need this game. I hope that one day in the coming months I find a brown paper bag with a sticker that says "Keep it" filled with enough money to buy what is needed. Plus, I won't feel bad for not returning it since it clearly states to keep it. One upped.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
theres only 1 good thing about litchi
...one thing? i can think of at least the two great things attached to her chest. her moaning is hot, too.

haha, all of that aside, she's a very solid character capable of beating anyone in the game. her learning curve is extremely high, but she yields quite a bit of reward for the effort. too much fun, if you ask me.

in other news, Ragna the Crunkedge is too much fun to play, as well. discuss?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Being able to mix up with whatever I want at anytime is what I've always wanted a character to be like in a fighting game. Anything but boring.

If you want boring, look at V-13.
if u want to win with ultimate zoning be v-13.

if u want to look cool be noel

if u just want to piss ur opponent off be arakune :3

Laijin

Smash Hero
The first post should be edited with everyone's name and PSN/XBL account name, their location and also their main.
Maybe stick the character's head image and then go from there. So like:

Name: Laijin
PSN/XBL: N/A

Something similar to that I guess.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hey guys :D

BB is AMAZING XD

Name: Winnar
XBL Gamertag: Winnar G

I like Hakumen :)

DFEAR