• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

Kajoq

Smash Rookie
So are any of you guys goin to ShinBlanka's tourney in ATL August 1st?

Its gonna be a qualifier for final round in blazblue (as well as having most other games covered including smash)

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Every time I go online in a Quick Ranked Match, I face a Jin 90% of the time. I usually don't mind much since most of them are drive-spamming nubs who are easy to deal with.

It's hilarious when I practically kill a Jin in one Arakune curse cause he keeps riding his ice 5 times in row only to be ***** by bugs. All this being said, I have lost to some smart Jin players and he is still a dangerous character even if you know how to deal with him.

Getting off of Jin, I don't like seeing Noel getting all this hate. Don't let drive spammers represent the character. I for one always know what move I'm going for when I start her drive and I use her basic attacks a good deal as well.

This difference was shown clearly when I destroyed a drive spamming Noel two rounds in a row (she might have literally never used a normal attack). Once again, hate the players, not the character. A truly good Noel player uses real skill and knows she can easily pay for using random drives against a smart player (she's mid-tier for a reason people) .

tldr: Jin is overplayed and overrated, but he truly is a good character in every sense of the word. Noel is not lame, her players are.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Noel is amazing. If your smart, you can mix anyone up with her normals and drives. Doesn't even matter if your barrier blocking. If down correctly you can mix that up too despite the distance you get pushed back from.

Protip: You can grab Noel in between drive attacks. ;o and the ones that you can't have heavy lag time when the drive ends.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
one arakune curse? u must of used a ****load of D/C bugs xD
and i agree jin is ****ing impressive in the hands of a knowledgeable player.
still not sure about noel...her gameplay is very weird to me.

@lajin. will test those grabs tomorrow then :3. any particular frames/attacks i should look for when looking for an opportunity?

all seriousness. everyone come down to the next blazblue tourny down in florida. HYPES

btw:
B+C>236236C>5D (faces other direction)>J.A>214C (hold 4D during)>Release D on ending frames of 214c.

legit combo :3 scales it straight down to 0. and hell if u want to be an ******* throw in a 2B bug or 4A bug and start a 6C loop. like it do ya any good tho :\

Laijin

Smash Hero
If their spamming her 2D and you manage to block it, I'm almost sure you can grab her after that. Pretty much its all trial and error,right after you block it and shes up close in your face. Her drive attacks dont leave much block stun.

Jin K-SpamIce*** and Arak*****.

I need more practice against them T__T

Winnar

Smash Lord
Also drive spamming Noels...I dunno, they're not THAT hard to beat. Jin is always tricky for me though.

Scrub question time! What's the general consensus about Hakumen? I've not heard anything about him. Any tips on how to effectively use that counter? :D

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hakumen is absolute complete garbage in my opinion. The only thing is his pokes are stupid ******** strong. But any smart player can avoid counters by just mixing up their block strings.

As for the most annoying character, most of the characters can be annoying to play against. Taokaka, V-13, Jin, Arakune..off the top of my head those are the most annoying to me. Tager is also super annoying cause all his moves have super armor and they take off a ALOT of damage.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hakumen is absolute complete garbage in my opinion. The only thing is his pokes are stupid ******** strong. But any smart player can avoid counters by just mixing up their block strings.
:(

10sadfaces

Is the collective opinion any more positive than your personal opinion?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Well. Heres the current tier list with Hakumen.
9) Haku-men : -3.5
10) Bang : -7.0
11) Tager : -15.0

I think the last 3 tiers are pretty accurate. Haku-men only literally has one approach for most situations and thats an air dash inside, which anyone with a half decent anti air can take care of easily. Not only that, but he is friggin HUGE. Like Tager, he can get combo'ed pretty badly and extremely easily.
His range is like Marth's range in melee, but it does'nt help if every character is a **** ton faster than him or does'nt even need to go near his range with projectiles.

So end conclusion, I think Hakumen should be bottom tier. Tager should replace him. lol.

Edit: I'm basing my opinion off of all of the good Hakumen's I have played so far. Maybe I just have not played any hakumens that would change my mind. I've played a good version of every character(My definition of good is excellent execution, not ******** or dumb playstyle, etc etc).

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that tier list is so outdated its not even funny. arakune is below rachel :laugh:

theres a really good hakumen I can't remember the name of right now D:

Laijin

Smash Hero
that tier list is so outdated its not even funny. arakune is below rachel :laugh:

theres a really good hakumen I can't remember the name of right now D:
The metagame is developing really fast and I really think an update is needed.
Arakune IS below Rachel. You are aware that Arakune's tier is based off if he gets his opponent's cursed or not, and V-13 and Rachel have no problem with zoning. If the opponent is not cursed, Arakune kinda sucks...lol. but its pretty easy to land curses against approaching opponents.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Haku-men...ah...

I think he's got some great things for him, but it can be really difficult getting into the defense of a good player. I've read it several times, that he can put out some great damage, he just can't create it. He's got some nice frame traps though, and his jab is tied with someone else's (Noel's, maybe?) for fastest in the game. You really can't go throwing random attacks out and hope to win. Maybe against low leveled players, but not for long.

His backdash makes me cry. No invulnerable frames, seriously? -_- Anyway, if you want to see some high level Haku-men play, go to youtube and watch vids of 0, suzume(sp?), Shadow and Buppa.

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
i found this tier list yesteday

S+: V-13
S: Rachel, Arakune
A: Jin, Carl, Ragna, Noel
B: Hakumen, Taokaka, Litchi
C: Bang
D: Taiga

they used matchup points to determine ranking
just thought i would post it up

o and buppa's hakumen is so good havent seen 0 or suzume yet tho

nevershootme

Smash Master
i found this tier list yesteday

S+: V-13
S: Rachel, Arakune
A: Jin, Carl, Ragna, Noel
B: Hakumen, Taokaka, Litchi
C: Bang
D: Taiga

they used matchup points to determine ranking
just thought i would post it up

o and buppa's hakumen is so good havent seen 0 or suzume yet tho
looks like Haku has moved from C to B. while bang and tager stay... yet V-13 gets it's MK super special S+ tier

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
one arakune curse? u must of used a ****load of D/C bugs xD
and i agree jin is ****ing impressive in the hands of a knowledgeable player.
still not sure about noel...her gameplay is very weird to me.

@lajin. will test those grabs tomorrow then :3. any particular frames/attacks i should look for when looking for an opportunity?

all seriousness. everyone come down to the next blazblue tourny down in florida. HYPES

btw:
B+C>236236C>5D (faces other direction)>J.A>214C (hold 4D during)>Release D on ending frames of 214c.

legit combo :3 scales it straight down to 0. and hell if u want to be an ******* throw in a 2B bug or 4A bug and start a 6C loop. like it do ya any good tho :\
Pretty much. I'd also sometimes link a 2D into a 2C for some extra damage.

As for that combo, that's my favorite, but I always end at 5D. If I recall correctly, you can actually do two J.As in a row for that combo.

As for some other things posted:

Most Annoying Character- There's plenty, but Jin is the most hated and overplayed, so go with him.

Hakumen- He seems around low-mid to me. He has considerable assets, but it's really his approaching options that ruin him. He's like Ike. Cheap against nubs, bad against people who know how to handle him.

Tier List- I'm pretty sure Rachel is better than Arakune. She has a ridiculous amount of options for good damage (if you know how to play her well) and amazing zoning. Arakune isn't much aside from how awesome his curse is. Rachel and Nu are awesome all the time, which is something Arakune can't claim.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
=3 thing is, with the two J.A it diminishes the dmg of the 214c. but only slightly i like my extra 100dmg xD =P.

btw tiers are seriously for queers in this game. look at Mike Z. clear example of low tier godness.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
=3 thing is, with the two J.A it diminishes the dmg of the 214c. but only slightly i like my extra 100dmg xD =P.

btw tiers are seriously for queers in this game. look at Mike Z. clear example of low tier godness.
Haha, 100 extra damage sounds nice. Slightly less effort too (press A one less time, lol).

I must say that Blazblue definitely looks balanced to the point that you can practically see any character winning competitive tournaments. This being said, tiers do exist and should be noted (not followed/whored though).

I only main Arakune for the character himself, not how good he is (I would actually prefer him being mid-low tier). Sadly, I'm sure there will be people maining him for performance though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah I watched like every video of 0 I could find, thanks for recommending the others :D

Oh and I tried looking for suzume videos but all I found of him was GG stuff.

Also yeah I never really cared about tiers. I am excited about Hakumen though. Even if opinions are mixed on his usefulness, this is the first time in a long time I've ever had the desire to stick to one character. I like Hakumen for his strengths, and his weaknesses don't seem unworkable with a little innovative play (not many character weaknesses are, now that I think about it) :D

At least one pro about Hakumen having few approaching tools at his disposal means that I can focus more easily on being innovative with them.

I should start playing online so I can get destroyed a billion times until I finally am forced to learn to play Hakumen properly.

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
This game is pretty good, although I will always despise Arakune. Also, I got to play against Fizz's Hakumen in a ranked match once. It was a fun match.

Laijin

Smash Hero
What system do you have Winnar? If PS3, we should do some Haku-men dittos.
You gotta play my Noel sometime Fizz.
Give me your PSN accnt name and i'll play you next time im on PSN.

On my personal progress, I finally have Noel's main BnB down after figuring out I've been doing the wrong drive moves the entire time. lol..I was wondering why they would always tech and it seemed impossible to do. Its actually a lot easier than I though. lol.

I'm so excited to test out my Noel against a good player. I have not faced a really good player that I did'nt have problems beating. The last really good player I played was EscapingJail(V-13). But I played him when I was a n00b and it was like my second day playing the game. lol.

Anyways. Who has PSN?
We should do like a nightly smashboards room.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
You gotta play my Noel sometime Fizz.
Give me your PSN accnt name and i'll play you next time im on PSN.

On my personal progress, I finally have Noel's main BnB down after figuring out I've been doing the wrong drive moves the entire time. lol..I was wondering why they would always tech and it seemed impossible to do. Its actually a lot easier than I though. lol.

I'm so excited to test out my Noel against a good player. I have not faced a really good player that I did'nt have problems beating. The last really good player I played was EscapingJail(V-13). But I played him when I was a n00b and it was like my second day playing the game. lol.

Anyways. Who has PSN?
We should do like a nightly smashboards room.
I also have PSN. My tag is "Stealth_Hare"

I'll probably be able to play some matches tomorrow if you want.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Isuyaru, that was some sexy stuff you were doing. Play again some time?

Also, at Laijin: That'd be awesome man. Noel is one of my weaker match-ups, so it'd help me out a lot playing against her.

I seriously need to update the first post. Think I'll do that now.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
First post edited with gamer tags. If anyone, for some reason, doesn't want to be listed, or if you haven't been listed yet, just post yo info prz, PREESH.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Haha, ****, only XBL, huh? I'm gonna' have to use my friends' 360, XD. It'd be awesome enough to get wrecked by Kaqn, but by Dora, too? XDDD

Top Bottom