• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Do the combos in Blazblue also scale the hitstun as the combo progresses?

With Rachel, I tried to do B --> 6C+D --> C(air) --> B --> B --> C+D --> D and then follow-up with Dash --> Cr.B --> Standing B --> B(air) --> C(air) --> jump(air) --> B(air) --> C(air) --> 236A (air).

These combos work seperately, but they won't work when combined. My opponent always air techs after the first jumping B and C attacks :(

Also, why is the PS3 the go-to system for fighters, where's the 360 love?
combos scale in damage, execpt for Carl and his super loop in which throws never scale. hit stun is longer if it's counter hit.

i've seen different viewpoints that 360 is the system of choice for SF4... same for BB since various communities (pending on region) own 360s...

look at MvC2, tournaments use Dreamcasts... not ps2 or xbox... soon on 360 and ps3

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Thanks for the info, Isuyaru.

Nevershootme, I thought MvC2 was played on Dreamcast over PS2 and Xbox because of issues with the software (framerate drops and other stuff on PS2/Xbox)... I just hope that MvC2 doesn't suffer the same problems as the other non-Dreamcast versions when it becomes downloadable.

It can't be just controller issues or the high popularity of PS3 in Japan that dictate the use of it over the 360... or can it...?

Also, I like the 360 controller, I feel the analog stick makes certain movements easier, although I'm only speaking for myself in the matter of preference.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Thanks for the info, Isuyaru.

Nevershootme, I thought MvC2 was played on Dreamcast over PS2 and Xbox because of issues with the software (framerate drops and other stuff on PS2/Xbox)... I just hope that MvC2 doesn't suffer the same problems as the other non-Dreamcast versions when it becomes downloadable.

It can't be just controller issues or the high popularity of PS3 in Japan that dictate the use of it over the 360... or can it...?

Also, I like the 360 controller, I feel the analog stick makes certain movements easier, although I'm only speaking for myself in the matter of preference.
the dreamcast version is the arcade perfect version. like 0 problems.

in evo 2009 finals, heart nana wins for his team (3v3) with noel vs a team with rachel, ragna, and v-13

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Perhaps we could organize a scheduled daily/nightly BlazBlue session?

P.S. popped in SF IV (boring) for giggles. I tried to tech by pressing buttons and I even tried to do a rapid cancel before I realized somthing was wrong.

Curlz

Smash Lord
A scheduled session would be nice. I offered to play around 5pm and by the time 10 rolled around I saw nobody responded, so I didn't even bother to log on XBL.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Well, I'mma gonna offer to host a room at... maybe 9:00, or earlier/later if need be, PM eastern time tonight.

This will be an XBOX 360 room, soz' go out to the PS3 owners.

XBL: X_the_Derp

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Thanks to my new work schedule, I go in around 6:30P.M. and won't get off until around 2:00A.M. or something. Anytime from 10:00A.M. til 5:00P.M. is cool with me, as long as I'm on.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Hey, add me so I can invite you!

Also, I'm finding myself way too reliant on Rachel's zoning and standard 6B and 6A pokes (particularly the Fork one). It would be greatly appreciated if someone were to recommend some videos/tactics for me. >.>

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'll be hosting again at the same time tonight (9 PM eastern) and other nights as well.

Fizz-sama, edit your first post, saying I'm hosting nightly sessions. And the existence of my XBL and others' as well... >.>

Also, V-13 is dumb.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Play Noel against V-13.
Its a 50-50 match up. Its fairly easy to get in with Noel because of how fast she is. Once you guess which dagger she throws out, your inside and once inside all of your normals are much faster than hers, so you just ****. Plus its easy to stay inside because Noel's speed.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
or arakune :3 just airdash hold back B repeat as soon as the match starts and as many times as u want finish the multi hits with 5B>5D>214A>C and B bug> 6C Loop and its pretty much game lol

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
or arakune :3 just airdash hold back B repeat as soon as the match starts and as many times as u want finish the multi hits with 5B>5D>214A>C and B bug> 6C Loop and its pretty much game lol
V-13 is like, Tager's worst matchup. Arakune is a ******* and a half too.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
in my opinion, the only characters who can't reliably beat nu-13 are Tager and Haku-Men. maybe arakune, as well. also, a skilled nu-13 player is NOT an easy match for any character. i dunno where you got that idea, diablo. she's the best for a reason.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
fighting a skilled tager or haku-men is very boring. because they take away 60% of my health with one combo, i have to camp hard. /v-13main

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yes, Diablo, I main Rachel, and I'm becoming convinced it's an unwinnable matchup... >.>

I don't know about Noel; I'm not good at all with her yet. The characters I'm particularly good with are Rachel and Tager.

Also, I'm hosting the Blazblue room now; it'll be invite only so if people other than Curiz and Stongertron wish to join, send a message. And if no one joins by 9:15, I might disband the room.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I don't own the game or console.

I fought a Tager with my Litchi (friend uses tager) and ****, one mistake and just a whole bunch of HP gone. I only know the bnb combos after plenty of reading and occasionally took a "rebel" and sometimes just got his HP low enough though I never won a match. Tager really makes me "UGH". lol at me teching in the air and getting caught by his air **** from his combo. At least I learned something!

Must get it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
fighting skilled opponents using extremely powerful characters can, a lot of times, not be fun.
lol oh no. but its ok, the game will be balanced later. i cant wait till arakune is on terms with a hakumen or tager lol

Top Bottom