• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DC

Smash Cadet
Wow, Rachel, Lamba-11 (the new v-13) and Arakune all got nerfed to hell and back. Rachel's playstyle seems to have changed completely. No more frog combos, wind doesn't recover as fast (?).

Oh well I'll have to play Continuum Shift and see what happens but with the game-related changes (IE burst system, heat system) it seems like they are trying to make this game Guilty Gear with different characters.

I'm calling it right now that Rachel drops to mid tier. I'll still play her of course, but this is why I sub Noel just incase. I wouldn't be surprised if Noel was higher tier than Rachel this time.

The only thing I'm kind of disappointed about is the amount of game and character-based changes. I like the fact that they are trying to balance the game, but will there be this type of game-rebalancing every year? I don't want to have to relearn my character 20 different times.

Also I feel like all of the stuff we're arguing and debating about doesn't even matter anymore.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Also I feel like all of the stuff we're arguing and debating about doesn't even matter anymore.
exactly.

hmm building curse meter...wonder if thats a good thing or a bad thing? like if i curse with a regular D move such as 5D how long would it last and would it give me enough curse to do at least 1 6cloop combo?

like 6a>5d>(cb bug) 236B>6C>5C>2C> attempted recurse if allowed? (perhaps i can include a (2B 6A bug) after the initial 6c string to continue the loop with no recurse?)

would the above combo be possible with the new curse/heat system (applying just ONE d move)

but i do like the sound of having to build up the meter and enter a super crazy mode :3.

my opinion is that this could actually be better for arakune. i say he stays the same in the tier list AS long as he still has his BNB and same bugs.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ARAKUNE
- Dive move is not overhead anymore, slow, dive cancel only possible at hit
- when curse meter gets full it goes to FEVER mode
- You cannot recurse opponent in the FEVER mode
- All bugs are changed, not as good as old ones (at least observing from the current point
- u can only summon bees while in FEVER mode
- bugs are huge
- once the curse mode starts it wont go away even if Arakune takes hit
- Fog move has no hitbox but if u touch it the curse meter will increase
- Fog adds 40-50% to meter Everything else 20-25%
- YOU CANT GUARD BREAK with bees
- fast and short back step, no change to forward step

RACHEL
- new projectile DD
- new DD uses up all winds and will change depends on the number of wind left
- wind doesnt immediately recover after consumption
- easier to tech after JC
- no frog combo, frog does not activate during the combo
- sword iris command changes to 214C, has mid-air version
- Can't cancel J2C while recovering from a landing.
- hard to combo after 3C9D
- can not summon new flog immediately after the old one activated
- frog is now also affected by wind, but frog moves very slow without wind
- easier to recover after 6B counter
- J2C can not link to other normals on block
- new frog meter

wow so nerfd :\

source:
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7398

DC

Smash Cadet
v-13 is not in this game anymore.

The new Saya clone is called λ-11 (Lamba-11), who should predate μ-12 (Noel) and v-13 (Nu); she apparently works for Sector Seven under Kokonoe and Tager. Not too much info on that yet.

Also she supposedly has 5,000 health. (The average in CT is 10,000)

TBQH I'm more excited for the story than the actually gameplay right now.

Rachel sounds like bottom tier :(
Yep, she's no longer a rushdown character it seems.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
5000 health?
Man, one of TSUBAKI's 5th level comand throw does htat much.

According to people on dustloop, this is how it always goes. They nerf nearly everything, see what pisses fans off the most, what they like, then they buff everything crazy, see what fans hate, what they like, then they make a more final version, and then they make eggs and bacon.

DC

Smash Cadet

Here's Rachel's new art, cuz I know you were looking for it like I was, Zero Gamer.

Also Taokaka's **** got buffed.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i like the fact i can release my bugs while getting hit :3 COMBO BREAKER!!!

dunno if having big bugs means more complex combos? strange hit boxes?

and that new d all bug move sounds really hot. extreme crossup?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
she has diversity between each of her moves shown with ABCD o.o she has diff strengths with each attack difficulty in her moves are probably the strength choice of which attack to use o.o she seems kinda complex.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
There's been a couple more updates, and some corrections to incorrect stuff.

Even if you hit with a D move with Arakune, the opponent isn't cursed, it just builds up your curse meter. 1/4 on hit, 1/6 on block, and the cloud does 1/4 regardless. And when you fill it up, the opponent is cursed, but hitting arakune does not take him you out of the curse. Seems like a reasonable nerf to me.

Lambda does seem to have quite a few nerfs, but the new command dashes are supposed to give her some real offensive options, so I don't know.

I don't know what to say about rachel, She was the best afterall, and the frog was just too good before. I don't want her to outright suck though. Her j.2C was really good too, but it seems that it will still be effective if it lands, and it's still really really fast, giving her one of the best mixups in the game.

All I know is that Bang's new super is supposed to be like Heavenly Potemkin Buster.

You guys are done for.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
There's been a couple more updates, and some corrections to incorrect stuff.

Even if you hit with a D move with Arakune, the opponent isn't cursed, it just builds up your curse meter. 1/4 on hit, 1/6 on block, and the cloud does 1/4 regardless. And when you fill it up, the opponent is cursed, but hitting arakune does not take him you out of the curse. Seems like a reasonable nerf to me.
i guess arakunes game is just gonna be revolved around anti-airs into bnb air combo with j.2d finish, close range mixup combos of 6a's and 2a's, and the jump dash cancel j.b : <...hmmm gonna feel weird without using bugs/constant curse. as long as 6D/3D(2D)/D isnt change dramatically im cool with it.

sighs now using 6cloop sounds situational lol

i also noticed that
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Greek_lambda.png
is the first letter of ^11's name... should we call it Lambda like we called v13 NU?

DC

Smash Cadet

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Tsubaki: Big one

All specials

ground 236 a-d
OS rock it. A does not slide, c slides. D closes distance extremely fast.

ground 22 a-d
Seems to be some kind of basic attack? Need to check this one. Doesn't seem to link from 5c

Ground 214 a-d
charge forward with shield, links from 5c.

ground 623 a-d
dp, probably has invincibility

air 236 a-d
The dive, it looks like. For approaching.

air 214 a-d
For comboing, not sure what it is though.

ground 236236 c-d
Apparently two slightly different variations. Need to check what they do exactly.

5A→standing punch, probably can't hit crouching
5B→wings come out of shield. Probably the longest attack of 5b class.
5C・has follow up, reach seems really short.

2A→didn't get to use
2B→a low, links into 5b
2C→extend wings upwards, probably aa

6A→overhead
6B→low, like arakune's 6b (the hell?)。
6C→slam forward with shield, looks like tager's sledge。

JA→didn't get to use
JB→not sure what this is.
JC→sowrd stab downward, seems to have good hitbox. jb > jc > jb > jc is legit combo

DC

Smash Cadet
Originally Posted by Satsujinki
NEWS FEED:
now I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this or whether this has been posted or not, but the amount of new characters are being increased to 4 and Rachel is now made to resemble a Teenager now. credits goes to my friend who keeps me up to date.
but I heard that she's made taller and uhhh.... has "assets" now. But I don't know whether this is for real or not.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DC

Smash Cadet
It's just a rumor. Rachel is a vampire, she ages slow and this game takes place only a month after Calamity Trigger. I doubt they would sexualize Rachel.

DC

Smash Cadet
I thought Rachel was around since the beginning of time...

How do you get older than that?
The beginning of time? Not so much. I believe Valkenhyn says something along the lines of "Your father would be so proud of how much you've grown" (or something similar) in her story. Also from her story she inherits the Alucard mansion shortly before the events of CT.

She's been around for hundreds of years most likely, but I don't think since the beginning of time.

But then again this story is pretty ridic so anything is possible.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
at what age do vampires settle down and have a family jeez. what the hell do they do for hundreds of years. no wonder rachel is always bored :\

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
They have a lot of sex with victums, its how they convince women (or DC) to let them bite their necks.
Vampires= archaic fear and misunderstanding of STDs
Warewolves=archaic fear and misunderstanding of rabies

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I never learned who that one person that Rachel fed on was... Looked a lot like Noel...

But I think she said it was a boy... so I guess Noel really needs her **** buffed.

So either
A: Noel(?) is a vampire
or
B: Rachel took her virginity and Noel(?) is her mind-slave

GA Peach

Smash Lord
On the subject of Ragna, how much theoretical health would you think Ragna has thanks to his Drive attacks?
well, i guess it depends on if you activate Blood Kain or not. Blood Kain can give Ragna another full life bar, if needed. If just talking normal drives, i'd say 500-1500, although i think 1500 might push it a bit. on a side note, the bust increases so far introduced in this game definitely have me thinking this game will be even better than the first, despite Aksys nerfing Ragna, a mid tier character with virtually nothing broken about him. If Litchi's breasts got a buff, my head may explode...

Top Bottom