• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No. Every match up IS NOT winnable by either side.
Arakune vs V-13. How many times do I gotta bring up that match up?
Its like 90-10. Imagine Metaknight vs Ganondorf. Thats right. I went there.

I'm guessing they ARE going to do it Dark Ressurection/ Championship Edition style. Only the logic sense and they even mentioned it in that article.

DC: You will play a third loli flat chested character if one appeared. I know you will..

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Arakune vs V-13. How many times do I gotta bring up that match up?
Its like 90-10. Imagine Metaknight vs Ganondorf. Thats right. I went there.
and i will stop u there. it is NO WHERE NEAR that level of complete counter. either ur extremely exaggerating or u better fight some better arakunes lol. its hard for arakune to get in i agree that much and that most of his approaches are nullified but the fact remains HE CAN GET IN and once he does EAT THAT MOFFAFOKKIN 6CLOOP AND RECURSE o.o. but then u can just runaway and zone away blabla...its a hardmatchup...but no where below 60-40 nu's favor.

Laijin

Smash Hero
and i will stop u there. it is NO WHERE NEAR that level of complete counter. either ur extremely exaggerating or u better fight some better arakunes lol. its hard for arakune to get in i agree that much and that most of his approaches are nullified but the fact remains HE CAN GET IN and once he does EAT THAT MOFFAFOKKIN 6CLOOP AND RECURSE o.o. but then u can just runaway and zone away blabla...its a hardmatchup...but no where below 60-40 nu's favor.
60-40 says he "has a good chance but its hard".
I say no.
I say its AT LEAST 70-30. Where the only chance he has is if the Nu player is not so good.

Edit: In my opinion i'd go as far as to say 80-20. But hey 70-30 is being nice.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
...what can a nu-13 do against a grounded approach from arakune(i know nothing airbase will ever work) and let us say the particular arakune has an excellent defense game predicting overheads and lows etc etc example purposes. what are the likelihoods he can land that ONE hit in...in a perfect setting for both players?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Better question. What can Arakune do on the ground against anyone?

In a perfect setting, Arakune will never be able to approach that easily. If he happens to get in close, Nu is no push over there either. Getting grabbed even once will lead to a big combo from Nu and Arakune will have to re-approach all over again. Nu's C attacks are ridiculously good as well and could also lead to combos and setups from her just getting at least one hit off.
No matter how you look at it, Nu has a significant advantage over everything he does.

Edit: Its the same as Arakune vs Noel. Noel has almost no chance of winning. :[ Arakune is the reason why I picked up Nu.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i hate when ppl choose nu against me >_>...whats worse is...sometimes shes not their main : < !!!

how can i deal with nu lol...main character i lose to : < unless nu is horrid

Laijin

Smash Hero
People literally pick up Nu just to fight Arakune. You gotta understand fighting Arakune with most other characters is ****ing annoying and it pisses people off(there are a couple of bearable ones).

DC

Smash Cadet
GGs Zero, you're definitely the better Rachel..... FOR NOW

I'm seriously not going to sleep tonight, anyone who wants to play on Xbox Live feel free to add me cause I'll be up until 11am practicing.

DC: You will play a third loli flat chested character if one appeared. I know you will..
Flat chested lolis<3

DC i havent been on XBL in over a month
Do you still have XBL?

BTW if anyone is wondering... I don't have a TV so I'm playing on a Gamebridge hooked up to my laptop. This is the most ghetto setup in the universe. The screen is blurry as hell and if I go blind tonight you'll know why.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
of course. u better show up so i can take ur nu's money ;) i mean...teach me the nu matchup xD

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Nu/Arakune is 70-30 at worst, Laijin. people pick up Nu to fight Arakune because she has the best matchup against him. it's winnable, but difficult for Arakune, but if he lands a curse at all, he can make the magic happen.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
GGs, DC Robo 5000.

I learned a couple things and it's always good to play the Rachel matchup more; she's actually pretty rare on XBL.

And don't use 6C on a ground Rachel/Carl. Even if I get hit by it I can 6A before you land. (I just didn't because I suck)

Stay on the ground! Rachel's wind only recharges on the ground and she more options there than in the air. Also Pumpkin Dancing (214B repeatedly) is a great mindgame.

Once you get more experienced with blocking your opponents strings you should try to perfect block as many attacks as possible since they give heat and less frames of blockstun.

Also, loool at how many times my Ragna got hit by lobelia...

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Yeah, the only unwinnable matchup really is Tager vs Carl.

Everything past that is just varying levels of obnoxious.
That matchup is obviously 100:0 Tager.
All you have to do is use the Nite combo consistently.

PS: I have my 360 and my Stick.
I should have BlazBlue by Monday.
I'll be on XBL, my gamertag is Tidazi.
Get at me. <3

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Arakune vs Nu is 35-65 - it is not even CLOSE to 10-90. I have rarely lost to a Nu player, ones at my level, and even so it's not a destruction ever, always close.

But who cares about me - look at SBO. Look what character won. Look what character didn't get 2nd place.

4/6 Nu players in top 16 got knocked out in that 3rd round by: Bang, Carl, Arakune, Rachel

Out of the two matchups that were Arakune vs. Nu in SBO (odd that there were only 2....) Arakune emerged victorious from both.

As the game stands now, I'd say Arakune vs. Nu is as good as 40-60. Nu is good, but it is not, by any stretch of anyone's imagination, unwinnable or even close.

You wanna talk unwinnable, let's talk Tager vs. rest of the cast.

Laijin

Smash Hero
As the game stands now, I'd say Arakune vs. Nu is as good as 40-60. Nu is good, but it is not, by any stretch of anyone's imagination, unwinnable or even close.

wtf. Theres so many things wrong with this. Theres absolutely NO WAY that match up is even close to 40-60. The denotes that Arakune has a good chance at winning. Thats untrue completely. At the very least, its 70-30. I'd personally say its like 80-20, but thats just my personal opinion. I've never lost to an Arakune player. So as it stands now, most people will agree on 70-30

SBO is not the most valid tournament to pull data from, being that it was single elimination.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
wtf. Theres so many things wrong with this. Theres absolutely NO WAY that match up is even close to 40-60. The denotes that Arakune has a good chance at winning. Thats untrue completely. At the very least, its 70-30. I'd personally say its like 80-20, but thats just my personal opinion. I've never lost to an Arakune player. So as it stands now, most people will agree on 70-30

SBO is not the most valid tournament to pull data from, being that it was single elimination.
So you have a gut feeling whereas the hard data says otherwise...

And it's really more than just that, just a quick look at some random hima match (remember, he wasn't even the one that won SBO!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjgbTdyKvQ

you can see that there are obviously some strategies to getting around Nu, for instance, laying down that ground bug if Nu tries to 5D or j.5D too much.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
no, Laijin ALWAYS knows what he's talking about. Elliot and XIF are wrong. That's my story, and i'm sticking to it. <_<
also, Ragna the Bloodedge is not discussed enough in here. Laijin, Ragna vs Arakune is an example of a 70-30 matchup, or Tager vs Nu. Arakune has an actual way to shut down Nu. (i.e. cursing her)

Laijin

Smash Hero
I personally think that as long as the Nu player does'nt suck, Arakune has very limited options in the match up and Nu has a significant advantage against him. Thats opinion, but nope its completely inaccurate because that opinion came from me and what I've personally experienced and seen while Xif and Elliot also have a significant more knowledge about BlazBlue than me. Makes a ton of logical sense.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
get ****d nu. if u EVER 6d or 2d EVER again...eat a ****ing counter 2c rc j6a>air combo> 6c loop string!!! ***** GONNA GET OWNED NOW. T_T im gonna bait that **** as much as i can.

XIF

Smash Master
I personally think that as long as the Nu player does'nt suck, Arakune has very limited options in the match up and Nu has a significant advantage against him. Thats opinion, but nope its completely inaccurate because that opinion came from me and what I've personally experienced and seen while Xif and Elliot also have a significant more knowledge about BlazBlue than me. Makes a ton of logical sense.
Laijin, opinions aren't the end all be all defense against any argument. That's the whole point of a god ****ed argument, it's to defend and attack certain opinions, so cut the horse **** and please explain in a way that makes any sort of sense why it's such a terrible 80-20 matchup.

Me and elliot have given you ACTUAL EVIDENCE (between match videos and SBO results), that while the matchup may be difficult, it is in no way unwinnable by any means. If you think you understand the game better than the japanese (which I may add have had the game in the range of 7 months longer), then I suppose the great Laijin and his untouchable opinions are what we should listen to. Personally, I hate to see you straight up lie to people here and say that you got someone with the options arakune has, just loses to nu.

No one is saying that it's even, but 65-35 in Nu's favor is about as bad as it gets.

So if you have anything to say other than "your opinion" without any justification, just stuff it already.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
no, Laijin ALWAYS knows what he's talking about. Elliot and XIF are wrong. That's my story, and i'm sticking to it. <_<
also, Ragna the Bloodedge is not discussed enough in here. Laijin, Ragna vs Arakune is an example of a 70-30 matchup, or Tager vs Nu. Arakune has an actual way to shut down Nu. (i.e. cursing her)
On the subject of Ragna, how much theoretical health would you think Ragna has thanks to his Drive attacks?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
On the subject of Ragna, how much theoretical health would you think Ragna has thanks to his Drive attacks?
lol does it matter against arakune >:3...one 6cloop and a recurse is all it takes : <.

but i believe its 1000-2000 additional health to the 10000 he has.

XIF

Smash Master
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7398

major updates on BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

*Waits for Laijin to get angry about stupid nonsense*

Dives not being overheads does seem to be kinda BS. Carl has like no mixups now.

But Carl's throw loop is gone, 2C is techable, uppercut nirvana super does more damage, and new Nirvana projectile

Tager apparently has a new OTG throw.

the Nu character (now apparently Lambda 11) has less range on swords

Arakune does not curse on hit, but instead builds curse meter whenever D's or clouds hit, once it fills, he enters fever mode, and hitting him does not de-curse you.

Bang can jump cancel 3C (slide)!! And he has a new command grab super (oooo!)

those are the most interesting updates, you can check it all on the thread, they're updating it as I post this.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I think they really need to buff Litchi's ****. They also need to do the same for Noel and Tao as well. And wtf ESPECIALLY Rachel. Someone really needs to throw some D's on that *****.
Who agrees?

Edit:
I'm talking about more of this:

Top Bottom