• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

DC

Smash Cadet
Something new and interesting! (Not really)

Discuss.

Nu vs. Taokaka = 50/50? Wtf? Litchi 4th worst?

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
lol Jin went back over carl again ?

**** I need to keep up

I think litchi should be above Noel.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I think Rachel has more than a 60/40 advantage on Hakumen. She can camp the crap out of him and wind/6A completely shuts down his approach.

And I think V-13 has more than 55-45 advantage on Rachel. Maybe 60-40... It's obvious Rachel can't camp Nu and her 6B poke isn't going to work out so well since Nu has better pokes. Close range is her best bet, but getting there alone is really tough, let alone maintaining the closeness. If you block anything you get pushed back rediculously far and it makes your efforts feel like they didn't mean anything. Plus Burst/Counter (50% heat) can restart the approach game of rock, paper, scissors.

And Tager beats Noel. Yeah, I said it.

DC

Smash Cadet
I think Rachel has more than a 60/40 advantage on Hakumen. She can camp the crap out of him and wind/6A completely shuts down his approach.
6a doesn't always beat IAD, his j.C will hit Rachel's body before 6a can hit him. Ehh I was just arguing on Dustloop about this and don't feel like arguing about it here, but in summary it's an as easy as just "6a his IAD"

And I think V-13 has more than 55-45 advantage on Rachel. Maybe 60-40...
Maybe... can be hard to summon + get in, but IAD + wind is too good.

EDIT: Also we have the nearly inescapable blockstring trap in the corner against her.

And Tager beats Noel. Yeah, I said it.
...lol.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Regardless of whether 6A is a free hit or not, I still hold that wind prevents Hakumen from having any chance at approaching. His ground hop is TERRIBLE and he gets poked out of it easily and walk speed is also abysmal.

I was going to say stuff Rachel could do to V-13, but computer acted up on me.

DC, when are you getting Blazblue on console? I'd like to play sometime since you know quite a bit.

Also, Rachel has near inescapable shenanigans on EVERYONE in the corner, lol.

As for Tager, I myself don't have an abundance of experience in this matchup, but from videos and the little matches I've had, he seems to have the edge in handling Noel's blockstrings with a Perfect Block --> 360/720 reversal and that hurts Noel a lot.

DC

Smash Cadet
With luck I should have BB on 360 by next Wednesday. HOPEFULLY. No promises lol. I plan to play online for at least 12+ hours straight to practice for the Miami tourney on Oct. 3rd.

Regardless of whether 6A is a free hit or not, I still hold that wind prevents Hakumen from having any chance at approaching. His ground hop is TERRIBLE and he gets poked out of it easily and walk speed is also abysmal.
On the ground his 6c will poke us LONG before we can poke him lol. Seen that thing?

Regardless of his position I think 236b is great in that matchup. Covers almost every situation.

Can't say much about Noel vs. Tager either since I've only practiced bnbs with her (no actual matchup experience... yet) But I see what you're saying. He gets grabbed easily out of Chain Revolver by any character if you know when to. Idk I wish I could say more... I'll spend some hours with her too when I get the game.

I'm only really picking her up as a sub for her character design anyways...

DFEAR

Smash Hero
now that is a legit tier chart. dunno about litchi and ragna tho. but meh rachel/nu/arakune will always be top.

and yes arakune vs nu is really hard. zoning is almost impossible against her as she is the master of that ****. want to do ANY D moves? **** that her back D's will own u. like clouds? nope. wanna air dash? nope

gotta be extremely patient in this matchup and even then...well ya know.

ground walking and mixups ftw

6A is broken in this matchup haha xD

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Instant block Noel's Drives?

LOL NOW I IS IN THE AIR DOIN MAH DRIVE OVERHEAD CAN'T GRAB ME COUNTER HIT EAT A ****.

on a more serious note...

looks pretty legit. Surprised to see Bang's worst matchup as arakune, Jin and Carl are pretty unfortunate for Bang, but I can see where it comes from. And even then, I wouldn't say any of his matchups are worse than 6-4 (which aside from Arakune this chart seems to agree with).

Litchi being so low is a little surprising as well, but if the colors are meant to be a more stratified tiering of the characters, then yeah I can understand.

DC

Smash Cadet
Soz I found a super cheap copy and I'm paying with card.

IMO it should be...
Nu (95)
Rachel (90)

I sincerely doubt that Taokaka's Dancing Edge evens up the Nu matchup. Again just my opinion but it should be 6/4 Nu bringing her up to 95.

Also I'm not sure what Litchi's matchups are like but wasn't she high tier in a previous list...?

EDIT: Here's the thread btw: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339

XIF

Smash Master
Soz I found a super cheap copy and I'm paying with card.

IMO it should be...
Nu (95)
Rachel (90)

I sincerely doubt that Taokaka's Dancing Edge evens up the Nu matchup. Again just my opinion but it should be 6/4 Nu bringing her up to 95.

Also I'm not sure what Litchi's matchups are like but wasn't she high tier in a previous list...?

EDIT: Here's the thread btw: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7339
It's Tao's crouch that kinda messes things up. She can crawl under 5D iirc, and yeah, her drive gives her a good approach option not everyone has. Her different drives and cancels give her multiple options.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I made a thread which said "BlazBlue General is like Gamefaqs with a different skin" and they IP banned me.
Everyone agreed with me. But the mods disagreed and are apparently pissed of.

DC

Smash Cadet
I made a thread which said "BlazBlue General is like Gamefaqs with a different skin" and they IP banned me.
Ah so you said something stupid.

DC

Smash Cadet
I bet you won't make any dumb threads in the future, hm?

XIF

Smash Master
I've been saying all along that stupidity should be modded.

See, try to do something like have an awesome avatar with some girl that's just showing some skin, you get points, but you're allowed to make all the dumbest, ill informed comments on the planet.

makes no sense.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
what do u guys play on? if xbox we might can get some game in this weekend.

edit **** laijin u got ***** hard body. :D dustloop mods r gay.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Wait, you got banned for that? Wth how? That's just silly :/ ****, best hope you move. or get a new provider.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

See, try to do something like have an awesome avatar with some girl that's just showing some skin, you get points, but you're allowed to make all the dumbest, ill informed comments on the planet.

makes no sense.
Haha.........
Laijin, you got owned hard.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Yeah that's normally how it is, those mods are sharks.

I need to get my Jin back into the swing of things care to help me out anyone?

My psn is Combo_Knight and I'm in MD

GA Peach

Smash Lord

makes no sense.
THIS!!! This 8969386328638639863982362362389630963894698046749038743093 times!!! One of the reasons i ****ing hate Smashboards.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
see? hearing **** like this would make you think most people would appreciate SWF but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

get Kanye'd, Laijin.

XIF

Smash Master

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
If anyone wants to practice vs. my 360 controller Tager before AWA (Yes 360 pad - my stick is currently in the modding process, and I doubt I can finish it tomorrow before I attend it), I'm entirely game (only problem is I just can't 720 on that thing.... :/)

I use my roommate's XBL account, and it is (I am seriously, 100% not joking about this account name):
bball3904

Since I am impaired and cannot play my main until my soon-to-be-amazing stick comes out of the shop, I am seriously considering playing Tager at AWA....

Top Bottom