• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan is amazing. But I would normally just do some combos, end them off with one or two drive attacks, and work up to get Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan. In other words, as soon as my Heat gauge went to 50, its like: BANG, BANG, BANG, BAANG! =D (Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan is the main reason as to why Bang was one of my mains from CT. One day, I did it by accident, and thought it was the greatest thing ever in fighting game history.)

Which sucks in certain situations, due to the no blocking thing. I think you still may be able to barrier block while in it though.

Also, a quick question about Ragna: is it me, or is Blood Kain worse in this game? When it was active, I saw my health go down rapidly due to the health drain effect of it. It seemed to go down faster than in CT, which is why I barely even use it.

PS: Kokonoe announcer B is awesome.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
blood kain was terrible in CT.
but CT isn't a good measurement tool because overall it was a pretty ****ty game compared to the newer versions.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan is amazing. But I would normally just do some combos, end them off with one or two drive attacks, and work up to get Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan. In other words, as soon as my Heat gauge went to 50, its like: BANG, BANG, BANG, BAANG! =D (Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan is the main reason as to why Bang was one of my mains from CT. One day, I did it by accident, and thought it was the greatest thing ever in fighting game history.)

Which sucks in certain situations, due to the no blocking thing. I think you still may be able to barrier block while in it though.

Also, a quick question about Ragna: is it me, or is Blood Kain worse in this game? When it was active, I saw my health go down rapidly due to the health drain effect of it. It seemed to go down faster than in CT, which is why I barely even use it.

PS: Kokonoe announcer B is awesome.
Blood Kain is only bad if you use it outside of a combo. If you do that, then yeah, you're going to lose a lot of health. If you use it IN a combo, though, you're going to be gaining that health back plus gaining a little extra. That's why I RUN from any Ragna dumb enough to do it outside of a combo; he's just making my work easier for me. I also immediately burst if they do it in a combo, or burst at the earliest point possible, because I do NOT want to deal with Blood Kain damage X__X.

Seriously, my advice is to ONLY use it in a combo, or else you're just making your opponents job easier for them.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Ah, thanks for the tip dual. No way I'l be using Blood Kain for some time, if ever. But yeah, Blood Cain costed me a match, since I threw it out by accident once. (I meant to go for Carnage Scissors, and then I couldn't catch that damn rabbit, so I was defeated.) Still gotta perfect my Rising Inferno and Gauntlet Hades though. Back to training exercises of 50 in a row.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
No problem, DAK ^__^. Just also be careful for immediate bursts if you do use it in a combo... I don't know how many other people do it other than me, but I usually burst at the earliest point possible if a Ragna activates Blood Kain in a combo. So, just be prepared to block a burst or something if you feel your opponent likes doing that XD.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Also, almost forgot to say that my GamerTag is RespawningJesus instead of my usual DAK075. I think my Gold subscription is going to end soon though, but still, feel free to add me whenever people. =D

As for Barrier Bursts, I'm starting to get a feel for them now, and am liking the potential that they are capable of. Been playing some local games with a friend of mine who also used to play CS, so its been good practice as we explore what's new, and the various possibilities. (I still call them Barrier Bursts, and will continue doing so.)

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Also, almost forgot to say that my GamerTag is RespawningJesus instead of my usual DAK075. I think my Gold subscription is going to end soon though, but still, be free to add me. =D

As for Barrier Bursts, I'm starting to get a feel for them now, and am liking the potential that they are capable of. Been playing some local games with a friend of mine who also used to play CS, so its been good practice as we explore what's new, and the various possibilities.
Sure, I'll be happy to add you ^__^. Maybe we can squeeze a game in before your Gold Subscription goes away XD.

I am too. I'm actually starting to block them more often now, which I LOVE seeing myself do XD. It just feels so GRATIFYING to block a burst <3. I just hope I can keep practicing on blocking them and predicting when they'll come up.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Sure, I'll be happy to add you ^__^. Maybe we can squeeze a game in before your Gold Subscription goes away XD.

I am too. I'm actually starting to block them more often now, which I LOVE seeing myself do XD. It just feels so GRATIFYING to block a burst <3. I just hope I can keep practicing on blocking them and predicting when they'll come up.
Awesome. I suck right now, so don't expect anything great from me anytime soon. As for Live, I gotta buy some new Gold subscription as soon as my friends get $25. 4 people + family deal = 1 year of Live for only $25 each.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Noel seems like a nice easy character to use, though I fear if I use her, I'll just keep using her Drive combos.

Edit: The ones that rack up the combo meter easily. I assume that hitstun and damage is scaled in this game like others.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Noel seems like a nice easy character to use, though I fear if I use her, I'll just keep using her Drive combos.

Edit: The ones that rack up the combo meter easily. I assume that hitstun and damage is scaled in this game like others.
What do you mean by hitstun being scaled?

And yeah, she's fairly easy to use, but you have to know how to actually get the first hit in for combos. You also need to learn the timing for the bnb's for other characters so that you can instant block then use 4D (not sure if this still applies in Extend, haha. I've just been working on combos lately without playing matches much).

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Umm, scaled as in it gets less so that... Hmm, remember how Akuma in MvC3 could like, stand and QCB + M infinite people in a corner? Then they changed the hitstun scaling so that after like, 3 QCB's, it didn't deal enough hitstun to lead into the forth.

*shrug*

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Umm, scaled as in it gets less so that... Hmm, remember how Akuma in MvC3 could like, stand and QCB + M infinite people in a corner? Then they changed the hitstun scaling so that after like, 3 QCB's, it didn't deal enough hitstun to lead into the forth.

*shrug*

Yeah, I see what you mean. Though I admit when you first brought things up, I thought you were referencing Damage Scaling and stuff like that.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
In my original post, I was. lol

How quickly does damage scale in extend?
It's move-dependent.

Much like MvC3. Although, unlike MvC3, there is repeat proration, where certain moves recieve drastic scaling if hit more than once in a combo. I remember in CT, Taokaka's taunt could prorate so hard that it heals.

Also, you can barrier block during FRKZ.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
l like playing hakumen on abyss mode because when you get the haku enhancement, it's the closest to god mode you can get without playing his unlimited version.

5k midscreen combo off of EVERY jab? Yes please.

And you have MORE meter after the combo than you did when you started it? Okay

I still can't beat floor 500 unlimited Nu though >.>

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I want to use it so bad, but it's six bucks. :(

Anyway, I'm about back where I was with Noel, so time to really get back crackin' on my Lambda.
Good thing I had some left over microsoft points. I say it was well worth it, as the original announcer's voice sucks. Now if only we can get the CT announcer's voice as DLC . . .

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Good thing I had some left over microsoft points. I say it was well worth it, as the original announcer's voice sucks. Now if only we can get the CT announcer's voice as DLC . . .
I use Noel announcer... And I like it....

I would love love love LOVE it if we could get CT announcer voice back <33333333333333333333333333. That is one of the main reasons I got CT; the announcer sounded so classy, I felt like I was a rich guy playing a rich people game... No joke, the game felt like it had class to it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hated the CT announcer ... until I heard the CS one, and then they just kept getting progressively worse. :c

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
MAD was yesterday. I went 0-2 against Sophisticat and St1ckBuG, but it was mad hype and the matches were super close. :3

Livewire, where was dat burning tamashi?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
MAD was yesterday. I went 0-2 against Sophisticat and St1ckBuG, but it was mad hype and the matches were super close. :3

Livewire, where was dat burning tamashi?

Dat burning tamashi was trying to overcome super-nerves. I swear, I get WAY more nervous playing when there's actual physical people in a room, especially when there's a crowd behind me than just messing around on PSN. Plus, the walk from the bus station took Freezerburn and I an hour. :bee:

Woo for 4:30am bedtimes and 8:45am wakeup alarms! Well, and for everyone to run to Harvey's for burgers at 3 in the morning. :cool:

I'll write some more stuff later, but it was good to meet you, Lythi. Also, I now know for sure I don't hate Skullgirls and I admit that I was wrong about XDest.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I think it might be impossible for anyone that likes fighting games to truly hate Skullgirls.

But I'm not going to forget about BB, I still need to fight you in the tournament Livewire.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll get it when they fix the bugs, finish the DLC, and maybe get a balance patch out the door.

I DL'd the trial and was dissapointed that Cerebella often become nothing but a collection of green hitboxes for a second every now and then after being switched in. I also very much dislike the lack of a command list for each character, that seemed like a basic must, especially if you're going to go through the trouble of a tutorial section yet omit a command list. Loading screen length made me sad :<

Otherwise seemed fine, but I'll wait for it to be ironed out before I dink around with it in earnest.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I'll get it when they fix the bugs, finish the DLC, and maybe get a balance patch out the door.

I DL'd the trial and was dissapointed that Cerebella often become nothing but a collection of green hitboxes for a second every now and then after being switched in. I also very much dislike the lack of a command list for each character, that seemed like a basic must, especially if you're going to go through the trouble of a tutorial section yet omit a command list. Loading screen length made me sad :<
They do have a command list for the characters, but it isn't in the game. You have to go to their website, skullgirls.com, and download their "character guides". It's a PDF that will give you all the moves on a character.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's good that it exists then, but I'd expect it to be in the game so I can actually look at it as a player.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Otherwise seemed fine, but I'll wait for it to be ironed out before I dink around with it in earnest.
They're a small team and they didn't have time to work in the menu before release(they wanted to focus on more important things) and they said that they will patch it in, so it's only temporary.
They would have had to omit some more important things like maybe the amazing netcode for a movelist you could easily find online. I'll take netcode first.

Long loading times are an XBOX thing, it has to do with the type of hard drive you have apparently.

Hitbox thing is known and will be fixed, also apparently has to do with the hard drive.

Really the only issues with the game are minor and can or will be fixed.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
My only complaint is that there's very little options for training mode.
I can't even make them block.

I hope they patch that stuff in with the command list.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I thought they said they were gonna make the most extensive training mode ever.

Then it doesn't even have a block option? `-`

Maybe I'll wait to get it too then :x

dualseeker

Smash Ace
I thought they said they were gonna make the most extensive training mode ever.

Then it doesn't even have a block option? `-`

Maybe I'll wait to get it too then :x
Well they did put an option where you can actually see hitboxes... I mean, actually being able to SEE hitboxes while in training mode is pretty awesome, IMO. You'll actually know the range of attacks, and stuff. It also let's you see a character's hurtboxes too, which is really nice.

I think they did a really good job with the opening release of the game. I'd say get the game anyways, because the stuff it's missing is pretty minor, and won't really keep you from enjoying the game.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I think the blocking and teching option is pretty critical to my training mode practice.

Knowing your hitboxes isn't as important in the beginning imo. You get the general feel of your attacks anyway. Well, unless everyone has weird *** hitboxes then maybe it is important lol.

EDIT: Accidentally pressed enter too early.

Top Bottom