• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
You could move the Eddie independent of Zato though, couldn't you? My GG knowledge is rusty.

Plus, Ignis disappears if Relius gets hit.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
You could move the Eddie independent of Zato though, couldn't you? My GG knowledge is rusty.

Plus, Ignis disappears if Relius gets hit.
I think it's more of a visual thing, Relius' attacks remind me of Eddie's attacks. I don't really know anything about Eddie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLOMAE22xmc

Another video, I haven't watched it all but it does have Relius.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
@Rutger: Oh, I see. Fair enough. :3c

He's seems like a well-designed character. I'd like to see how he turns out when people figure out his stuff.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Good lord, that Relius Clover announcer selection thing is probably the worst ever. By the time Kokonoe's ever playable, it'll be undecipherable. :urg:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
New stuff that hasn't been updated in the first post of the DL loketest thread yet.

[collapse=Whoosh.]Noel:
- 6C's second hit cancel window reduced
- 6A > 2B link removed
- Optic Barrel activation slower
- C's recovery increased, start up slower
- jD, j4D untech time decreased

Tao
- j8D untech time removed, can only combo for 2 loop before it becomes techable
- ヘキサ (Hexa-edge? Thanks Edalborez!) wall bound removed

Arakune
- Overall damage reduced

Litchi
- Staffless jC faster? (as in, he is wondering too)
- normal throw throws opponent far, can't follow up if not at corner

Hakumen
- Renka wall bound

Hazama
- D level and hitstop seems lower

Mu
- Tsunugui now wall bounds

Makoto
- Lightning Arrow bound removed, and can be tech-ed
- Parry? (パリング). After the move is used once, cannot be used for a while
- Back throw a bit harder to follow up
- Corona Loop removed

Valkenhayn
- Eisen Wolf (アイゼン / Thanks MasterMind!) recovery increased[/collapse]

edit: I feel like Tsunugui always had bound properties? Now, I have to check. :I

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I didn't even know there WAS a 6A>2B link in CS2 for Noel, lol. Is that C recovery, 5C? Also, I'm not sure on the second hit on the 6C thing, and the JD/J4D stuff. The slowing down Optic Barrel stuff is AWFUL though. STOP THROWING NERFS AT HER!!!

Do uh...any of you know by how MUCH it's getting slowed down? :c

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Not yet, but it's not like Optic Barrel is really important. I'm more annoyed that they're slowing her drives to CT speed. It's such a strange nerf.

Oh, the days when 2D was an overhead.

Actually, if they bring that part back, I'm okay with it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pretty happy that there's no big Rachel changes yet since I'm fine the way she is.
Then again, there aren't that many Rachel players to begin with so news could just be coming in slow.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Not yet, but it's not like Optic Barrel is really important. I'm more annoyed that they're slowing her drives to CT speed. It's such a strange nerf.

Oh, the days when 2D was an overhead.

Actually, if they bring that part back, I'm okay with it.

Yeah, I suppose I'm fine with it being an overhead. I don't mind them switching some things around, just as long as she doesn't wind up being lower than like B+. We already spent our time suffering partly in CT and mostly in CS1. I mean, I'll stick with her regardless but please don't make me have to suffer through CS1 like stuff again.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I doubt 2D will actually be an overhead, that was a joke. :p

And yeah, Mori wants Noel to be unpopular, because he doesn't want a lot of people playing her because she's his favourite character. So, he makes her bad. If you can follow that logic.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Between Continuum Shift and the sequel, Noel dies of a brain aneurysm

Except in one copy of the game owned by Mori

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Stunedge from Dustloop lives in Japan, and went to the loketest. He posted his impressions on Dustloop, so I'll pass them on here.

[System]
- version 1.10
- timer's color changed
- same announcer
- Burst gives 25% meter back when it is not whiffed
- Goldburst lasts shorter with less invinbility, easier to bait and punish
- Barrier has bigger knockback against high-level attacks
- IB Barrier has even bigger knockback than barrier

[Jin]
- 214A/J214A cause wallbounce when hit in air
- 6A hit in air > 2B or 3C relaunch works
- 2C>5C deleted, 2B is not JCable on hit/block
- 6C cause opponent flies away much farther
- 6C has longer untechable time, 6C>dc>2C or Bdp works when near corenr
- mid screen chain>sekka>dash6C>2D works, 6C>dc>5C doesnt
- 6C>dc>JC>JD doesnt work, 6C>dc>JC>icecar works, 6C>dc>JC>214A>5C>Bdp>6C>6D~
- not sure what works in 6C(ch), maybe 6C(ch)>dashdashdash>2D works, really hard to catch opponent
- Ice arrow has much longer recovery time, opponent flies up much higher, longer untechable time, can combo into 6C still, much less damage-guarantee (around 500)
- Corner DP loop stuff works as same, slightly different timing due to change of 6C
- corner combo: B>C>Bdp>6A>3C>214A>5C>6C>6D>IADJ2C>JC>B>3C>214C
- (unconfirmed) Adp might has invincible frame now, beat Ragna's 5B easily after 5B came out
- 214C's techable timing is little bit changed, opponent bounces in a slightly different angle
- Yukikaze, Touga, same thing

[Hazama]
- 6C now either has same move proration or really big proration
- chain>jyayoku>214DC>6C>dash5C>2C>6DA>4DD>JBJC2>JC5 >214B works fine
- corner combo involves lots 6C totally doesnt work now
- all chains now have lower attack level (level 1 I guess), really short block stun, very easy to punish C and D movement
- 214DB causes wallbounce but its horizontal range shortened and pretty hard to combo after, maybe it can be used as relaunch after Jyayoku
- J6D combo still works but very hard

[Ragna]
- 6D(opponent bounces up)>JDwhiff>5B>5D(1)>DS>~~~
- nothing really changed much

[Noel]
- chain revolver movements' speed went back to CS1
- same J4D and 4D from CS2
- all D moves are not able to cancel into regular special move
- midscreen flashkick can combo into JB>jc>JB>JC
- Fenrir's damage guarantee is around 700
- CR5C>214D works as corner combo
- 6C>throw cancel>6C does not work
- i m happy now :p

[Makoto]
- C>6B doesnt combo
- 5D(3) can only combo into 2B or 2A in the corner (even no 2D(3))
- lots change made to combos

[Relius]
- shares wheel super and Doll-super with Carl, (and another doll explosion super)
- Jojo + Eddie
- nice boss-like BGM

[Overall]
- much more changes will be added later (i think)
- general concept is still "do your stuff in the corner plz, stop mashing in the mid-screen and do 5k sth"
- changes in the basic system actually matters a lot

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
what does "and do 5k sth" mean?

have they cleared up whether only gold bursts give you meter, or green bursts as well?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow ... not sure how i feel about that.

any word yet on whether this will be another patch for consoles?

also, mu being able to use her dp in the air is lol.
same with charging stein explosion.

jin's 6c not being able to dash cancel is kinda annoying, especially considering how long it took me to learn 6c >dash > jump > air combos with him.
He still has sekkajin and 3c > 623b combos for the corner, though. :/
eh.

OH.

and 214a wallbouncing in the air will probably be used to extend his air combos now.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
any1 got a tier list of sorts for bbcs?

i cant help but feel im only going to go so far if i play hakumen. im not really good with him, and i still cant do my magatama combos correcly.... but i dont want to be a major tier *****

Minato

穏やかじゃない
any1 got a tier list of sorts for bbcs?

i cant help but feel im only going to go so far if i play hakumen.. but i dont want to be a major tier *****
Here's the tier list in the July issue. http://www.blazblue.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6817

BBCS2 is pretty balanced, even if there are characters that are stronger than others.
None of the characters are trash so there's no need to drop a character for that reason.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
WTF? Those Noel changes except for the corner combo thing and the same J4D and 4D sound AWFUL. No 6C>throw whiff>6C is an abomination. I mean, we even had that in CS1.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
What are you talking about? None of those changes will break her. Will she be a little worse? Yeah, probably. The only thing that I'm a little worried about is not being able to cancel drive with 214A, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Don't freak out, none of these changes are final.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ That.

As long as another cs1 rachel doesn't happen, and I really doubt it will, there's no need to freak out.

Now is the time to theorycraft about what you think their new combos might be and maybe if you think their playstyle might change a bit.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can get worried later down in the loketests or when the game actually comes out and noel is low tier.

why is them taking out the loop that big of a deal anyway? Nobody uses it except on tager ... even in japan. And it's not like tagers needs more tager specific combos for no reason.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Don't bother worrying about anything 'til the changes are final. And seriously. Don't put so much faith into how good your character is. Put more faith into yourself and how good YOU are. I've played Noel since CT, and I've always done okay with her, even when she was lousy. Work hard, and you'll be rewarded for it.

Also, THINK ABOUT HOW TAGER MAINS FEEL.

@Spelt: Noel will lose Optic Barrel combos, reducing her corner carry. And... uh, Mu will have delayed habacan combos. And xx > j.2C > Yata super > shenanigans. Nom nom.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
More hold button instead of mash changes would be nice.
Have my issues with awkward button presses in corner combos truly been answered?
Am I the only one who never had a problem with those?

Then again, I do play Spiral so I mash ALL DAY.

It's obviously going to be amazing off the 2DD, but I suppose at close range it gives you the option of canceling a blocked 5D into something else. It'll be nice for catching opponents off guard that try to punish her.
1. From what I understand, it's not off 2DD, just 2D. I don't really see how it's going to be "amazing" either since usually after 2DD you want to just go into an air combo.
2. I don't think 4B and 5D's ranges overlap except maybe on Tager, so I don't think it'll help that much. Maybe 5D into 6C would make things a little safer, but I doubt it.

Melty Blood isn't old. It's latest update was this year.
But it wasn't at EVO this year, which makes it old.

THINK ABOUT HOW TAGER MAINS FEEL.
If I were a Tager main, I would always feel GIGANTIC.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Um...I actually use it once or twice just to get a couple extra hits. And well, I always liked that d.6C>214A>2B>6C>rest of combo thing that was available which won't be now apparently.

Top Bottom