• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
That's the main purpose for Hakumen's drive imo. You can get most of his basic strings off the drive until your magatama gauge raises, then you can do a bunch of strings with those by burning it.

I'm not a Hakumen expert though. :/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
hakumen can turn basically any hit into his bnb with 2-3 stars, usually doing a good bit of damage and carrying to the corner, WHILE gaining more meter during the whole combo.

idk why people say hakumen is bad.
or arakune, they both seem like solid characters to me.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hakumen isn't a bad character. Just just relies a lot on reads and has bad mixup options without magatama. His range makes up for it though. lol

CSII Arakune just has more trouble getting the curse meter full than in CSI, but if any Arakune (that actually knows how to combo with him) lands a hit during it, they've more than likely won the match. It's pretty simple to get 5.5k off his curse strings.

Arakune is awkward though. The timing for combos changes depending on the match-ups. Even a frame off and an insect could miss and you drop the combo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
He's not a bad character, but he is bad in terms of being compared to the higher tiered characters.

Edit: Also, congrats, Yamada.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, IDK.
I've seen a lot of people on DL say he's bad in general. :p Most people think he's terrible because he does no damage and he gains meter slower than in cs2.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I agree with Minato. Hakumen is okay, but he's up against better characters. Hakumen is kinda not good because:
- his meter building is slower
- damage off his counters got nerfed, therefore...
- his midscreen damage is terrible
- his corner carry sucks
- he lacks mixup

Basically, you don't have to respect him anymore because he lost the ability to bust out 4k midscreen.

Arakune is still Arakune, he just has to work harder for curse.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think the thing with Hakumen is that you have to know so much about what your opponent can do that you pretty much have to know the opponent's character even better than they do. It seems to be about learning the matches to the point that Hakumen seems way more based on how good you are as a player more than any of the other characters.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...rsion-loketest-8-11-11-UNHELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

System changes:
Break burst -Hitting with or blocking a burst gives 25% heat
Knockback -When air guarding a ground attack, knockback is increased to make it easier to gain some distance
Barrier guard -Larger knockback on moves with a higher attack level
Instant barrier guard -Knockback is even larger, making it easier to get away
I don't know what to think.

Edit: some things could end up mistranslated, so maybe take things with a grain of salt for a while.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Wouldn't IB knockback be bad, because it makes it harder to punish?

Not sure what Arcsys is trying to do here. Make it easier to turtle? I don't even.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
"Noel:
Various D moves - Can no longer be canceled into specials (drive specials, distortion drives, and astrals can still be canceled into)
Assault through - Causes corner blowback on normal hit, wallbound on counter hit
Spring raid - Can now combo after it even from midscreen"

Waitwaitwait, please tell me I'm reading that wrong, but does that mean no more Optic Barrel combo continue/reset things?

However, Spring Raid being easier to combo from and Assault Through have wallbounce on counter is a beautiful sounding thing.

Edit: Also, apparently the Chain Revolver startup is back to it's CT speed (which I don't remember being all that much of a bad thing or different), and Lambda's 5C will do all 8 hits if you just hold the button.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Lambda:
Gravity seed can be used twice with 1 gauge
5C - Holding the button causes all hits to come out
5D, 2D - Added revolver action into 4B, 6C
Act Parser: Cavalier - Untechable time decreased
Gravity twice with 1 gauge? Whoa.

236C nerf hurts her though.

The other changes don't seem to be that big a deal. I can't really think of a time when I wanted to do 5D into 4B, especially since 5DD 236D breaks a primer.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
More hold button instead of mash changes would be nice.

Looks like Noel's being nerfed overall, Spring Raid midscreen isn't really that big of a deal. I'm sure Makoto got hit hard.

lololol no Tager love

Relius is looking suspiciously like Luigi.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wish they'd change sekkajin to just be hold instead of mash.
mash inputs are so dumb.
like 22 inputs.

also rachel's chair doesn't need to be nerfed anymore wtf. :urg: it's already a terrible move.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh god. Yeah Makoto's getting hit pretty hard now.

Makoto:
* Mars chopper - removed some D followups
* 6B - Slower startup, removed force crouch on hit, decreased hitstun
* 5cc - No longer combos into 6b against standing opponents
* Various D moves - Untechable time decreased
* Lightning Arrows - Bound properties removed
Midscreen BnB is no longer valid unless already crouching. No 6B force crouch would probably also mean that 6B leads nothing too lol. I really wish they had more details too. If Mars chopper doesn't let 2D follow up that means it's useless at midscreen. I have no idea what "bound properties" means. Untechable times I assume they want to get rid of all the 2Cs in the combo lol.

I hope those various drive changes don't invalidate every single combo I've practiced so far ._.'

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Her bnb isn't ruined, just shortened...

Obviously makoto is gonna get nerfed since she's almost cs1 bang/litchi tier.

It's extremely early to be making judgements though.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Her highest damaging combo off a 2A / 5A when you're standing will be like 2.5k, regardless if you're in the corner or not. But maybe that shortened shooting star change might be viable off 6C now...

Oh well. Tests are tests. I just wish I had a little more time with my makoto before I need to adjust.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
/depressed

6B, omg. I actually have to work on my hit confirms now :/ Slowdown is unwarranted. It's fine for non-online warriors.
They aren't going to bounce after Lighting Arrow?! wtfffffffffffffffff, it better have some kind of untechable time at least or zero lag. I like it broken.
D moves will probably be largely the same in terms of combos, minus the 2C barrage, but I would just die if they nerfed 2D untechable time.

Mars chopper NEEDED that. It's ridiculous doing 4k meterless on Hakume/Tager off of jabs midscreen.

I'm okay with those things, minus the the overhead slowdown. Keep its speed and be logical about the intensity of the nerfs and I'll be content.

...unless that's not all...

btw, Hakumen is a businessman. He knows how to make a profit off of any investment. You gotta spend Magatama to make Magatama. Jab x3 --> punch them in air --> jab, 6A, 5B air combo --> profit. Fatcat Hakumen will keep teh bonus. There is great profit to be made in the block industry. Sometimes you have to wait for your stocks to rise before making an investment. Know the business before buying in.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
In the corner? I'm sure most characters can do a lot of stuff in the corner lol.

Midscreen, sure, I'm fine with a nerf. But to only do 2k in the corner isn't that good.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
what, why would she only do 2.5k?
5cc combos into a bunch of **** in the corner, which can lead into good damage.

ALL they're doing is getting rid of 2 moves in your midscreen bnbs. That's it.

My god you guys.
You should not be complaining this much about nerfs to a god tier character.
On the first day of tests.
Which might not even be permanent.
AND could possible be faked or mistranslated.

r
e
l
a
x

Crusayer

Smash Lord
"Standing" + "corner"

>5CC no longer combos into 6B.
>Since you don't get into 6B, that means you don't get into any drives.
>Since you don't go into 6B anymore, you do 5C 6C instead
>Doing the 6C combo leads to only 2.5k~

I'm not too worried right now. But all I hope is that they won't let her corner damage become complete crap.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
2a > 5b > 5cc > 5d works.
i just now did it in training mode.

5cc > 214a~c works too.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Oh. Okay.

Consider me stupid then. \o/

Now I'm completely fine with these nerfs LOL. Just need more details on the drive changes.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Makoto is wtf with her combos. Some Makoto that I was playing a few weeks ago was abusing Asteroid Vision B/C > Lightning Arrow and bouncing me from corner to corner. It's definitely not hard for her to get damage midscreen if she's abusing them.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Lambda:

Gravity seed can be used twice with 1 gauge
5C - Holding the button causes all hits to come out
5D, 2D - Added revolver action into 4B, 6C
Act Parser: Cavalier - Untechable time decreased
Have my issues with awkward button presses in corner combos truly been answered?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nah, they'll probably change her corner combos now. :p

I don't really understand why they've changed Noel's drives to CT slowness. That's really odd.

edit: LOOOL, held 214D explosions.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy

Jin: 6C is no longer dash cancelable
MID SCREEN STUFF IS REDUCED TO NOTHING =(

SADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ah well time to officially switch to µ-12 =]
Air tsunugi? Chargeable Habakiri? Sounds nice :3

Oh and with that 6C no longer dash cancelable, Jins overhead is now completely useless unless it gets some sort of frame advantage, due to needing to rapid to combo it and that is now completely pointless to do unless they are in the corner due to 6C no longer being able to be dash canceled

EDIT: o sorry i am ignorant and read that wrong, dash cancel is still there just cant follow up midscreen......ah well X: ill live.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Jin's 6A is not useless. :I

Also, Jin's 6A as it is now in CS1 is only -4, which can only be punished by IB. It's also the second fastest overhead in the game or something, so unless you are godlike and amazing, you can't actually IB that. It's practically unpunishable. And it breaks a primer.

Also, they changed it so it relaunches if it hits in the air, instead of knocking down.

Jin will be fine. You can always find new combos with a character.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
what, why would she only do 2.5k?
5cc combos into a bunch of **** in the corner, which can lead into good damage.

ALL they're doing is getting rid of 2 moves in your midscreen bnbs. That's it.

My god you guys.
You should not be complaining this much about nerfs to a god tier character.
On the first day of tests.
Which might not even be permanent.
AND could possible be faked or mistranslated.

r
e
l
a
x
omg don't tell me to relax. Overreacting is what I do and complaining is my calling. Why can't you be more supportive of this!?

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Jin's 6A is not useless. :I

Also, Jin's 6A as it is now in CS1 is only -4, which can only be punished by IB. It's also the second fastest overhead in the game or something, so unless you are godlike and amazing, you can't actually IB that. It's practically unpunishable. And it breaks a primer.

Also, they changed it so it relaunches if it hits in the air, instead of knocking down.

Jin will be fine. You can always find new combos with a character.
...it is useless because after i use it it will either be
A) a hit which i cant combo off of unless its a rapid or CH, which rapiding is now not worth it midscreen unless they are about to die
B) they block, since jins 2A hits on frame 7 and 5A whiffs on crouching chars unless its tager, anyone with a 2A faster than that (which i believe is everyone) just mashes that **** and i get hit or forced to block X:

and if i remember right jins 6A is 0 not -4. and....have you seen the startup for that thing D:? why would you use it for a anti air or combo when you have his 5B and 5C

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
...it is useless because after i use it it will either be
A) a hit which i cant combo off of unless its a rapid or CH, which rapiding is now not worth it midscreen unless they are about to die
B) they block, since jins 2A hits on frame 7 and 5A whiffs on crouching chars unless its tager, anyone with a 2A faster than that (which i believe is everyone) just mashes that **** and i get hit or forced to block X:

and if i remember right jins 6A is 0 not -4. and....have you seen the startup for that thing D:? why would you use it for a anti air or combo when you have his 5B and 5C
It isn't because:
A) they will find a new RC/CH combo for Jin's 6A. Just like they do with everything else.
B) the recovery on Jin's 6A is -4 (see here: http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/jin.html), which means unless you can IB that, which I have never seen anyone do ever, you can't punish it. The fastest jab in the game is Makoto's, which has 5 frames of start-up, which means no one can punish it, if it's blocked. Everyone's 2A is slower than their 5A, if I remember correctly. That doesn't mean that Jin can't be counterhit out of it's start-up, but he can't be punished after it is out. And Jin's 6A isn't used as an anti-air anyway, regardless of its head invuln. It's used as a mixup tool.

And if your opponent is mashing out of your pressure, punish them with a FC combo. :I

edit: Also, I don't know why you're complaining about this. It's not as if the changes are finalized or anything.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
It isn't because:
A) they will find a new RC/CH combo for Jin's 6A. Just like they do with everything else.
B) the recovery on Jin's 6A is -4 (see here: http://www.dustloop.com/guides/bbcs2/frameData/jin.html), which means unless you can IB that, which I have never seen anyone do ever, you can't punish it. The fastest jab in the game is Makoto's, which has 5 frames of start-up, which means no one can punish it, if it's blocked. Everyone's 2A is slower than their 5A, if I remember correctly. That doesn't mean that Jin can't be counterhit out of it's start-up, but he can't be punished after it is out. And Jin's 6A isn't used as an anti-air anyway, regardless of its head invuln. It's used as a mixup tool.

And if your opponent is mashing out of your pressure, punish them with a FC combo. :I
I know there will be a new RC/CH combo, but as of now it would be barely 3K combo if they havent made any other changes to jin and the reason i brought that up about it not being used as an anti air is because that makes the new bounce to it , sorta pointless since you wouldnt use the move as a anti air and the bounce only happens when they are in the air.
Ah i see so it is -4 thank you for that piece of knowledge =D

and what i mean is that without meter , its almost useless since you cant safely pressure after, and with meter its now mediocre (midscreen at least as of now)

So i guess what i mean is compared to before its useless....but then again this is oonly the first loketest xD;

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I still dont get the 5D>4B gatling for Lambda , how would this work ? I can see 2D>4B but the other one , seriously..
It's obviously going to be amazing off the 2DD, but I suppose at close range it gives you the option of canceling a blocked 5D into something else. It'll be nice for catching opponents off guard that try to punish her.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like how Relius looks right now. He looks like he will feel somewhat like Kohaku lead maids with that range. He also looks kind of complex.

I'm definitely going to have to try him whenever we get him.

I don't play Guilty Gear much, but he kind of looks like he might have a Eddie feel too. He might not end up playing like him, but their attacks look somewhat similar just from the the GG matches I've seen.

I could be just imagining that though. :/

Top Bottom